Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues (22361 Views)

Wizkid Blasts Mr Ejump, 9jaflaver For Reaching To Him For An Interview On Phone / Annie Idibia Breaks Down In Tears During Interview On Inspiration FM / Occupy Nigeria: Guess Who We Caught ‘Dressing Up’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by bejo2k: 1:49am On Feb 19, 2012
For the first time a Nigeria celebrity has been humbled in an interview !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXwTIl-jQU&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Anchored by Chika Odua, below are extracts from the interview:

Chika: Did you ever dream of being this big in music?

D’banj: I dreamt about this…(Jokes: I’ve a dream!) God is using us to take our message across from Africa to here.

Chika: You are the face of African Pop music don’t you feel a lot of pressure?

D’banj: Yes a lot of pressure but I have nothing to be scared of. I have much responsibility.

Chika: There are rumors that you are dating Genevieve Nnaji how true is that?

D’banj: No! We are not dating.

Chika: What is your status?

D’banj: I’m very single. I like Rihanna, I’m interested in her.

Chika: Will you Americanize your music now that you are working mostly in America…, (D’banj cuts in)

D’banj: What do you mean by Americanize?

Chika: I mean you use a lot of pidgin and yoruba in your music will you still do that?

D’banj: Yes I’ll, did you hear scapegoat? fall in love or oliver twist? I do music depending on the message and who I want it to suite.

Chika: So will you maintain the identity?

D’banj: I think American music is universal so I’ve a lot of work to do.

Chika: Ok, now on your interview with the President of Nigeria, there are talks that you collected money from him to sing and interview him.

D’banj: I didn’t collect money from the President. It wasn’t an interview it was a request, watch the interview I asked the President and I can remember the statements “What are your plans for the Nigerian youth?” because I dedicated a track to him so I wanted the people to know why I said I was going to vote for him, I wanted them to know his plans.

Chika: We understand you run a foundation and you were appointed as the United Nations youth ambassador for peace, with your position what are your responsibilities and what have you done with you position?

D’banj: I have much responsibility. I represent Africa, I represent Nigeria…do your research.

Chika: What was your take on the Occupy Nigeria and the fuel subsidy removal?

D’banj: 1st of all, lets take a minute silence for those who lost their lives during this period

Chika: Ok D’banj we really appreciate that, so carry on.

D’banj: I did not know anything that was happening [in Nigeria during protests] because I was working on my album in the UK.

Chika: But there was a protest in London why didn’t you participate?

D’banj: I didn’t know anything that was happening in London about the feul protest because I was working… I am not a politician! And everyone that knows me well knows I don’t like cold, so I couldn’t go outside.

Chika: So what do you have to say?

D’banj: I don’t have anything to say, I wasn’t in the country when it was happening.

Chika: But I wasn’t in the country also.

D’banj: I’ve told you I don’t want to say anything about that topic, I don’t say what I don’t know anything about, If you know me very well I speak about what I know. I will not speak on something that I don’t know about. You will not get me to speak about what I don’t know. I wish my publicist told me that this was a political interview… (Chika cuts in)

Chika: So who operates your twitter handle?

D’banj: I operate it but I’m not always online, I’m on twitter when I want to pass an information not when you want me to.

Chika: There has been increase in poverty in Nigeria what do you have to say about this?

D’banj:  Yes I know, but poverty has always been in Nigeria. Let us focus on what we have,why are you hammering on negativity? I’ll speak from the angle that I know well which is the entertainment, that is what I know we can export, we should invest our talents to escape from poverty. I’ve a concert tomorrow, I need to practice and prepare well so I can represent Africa well.

Chika: Thank you very much D’banj. We appreciate the time you spent with us, we wish you all the best in your concert tomorrow.

Well that was gist of the discussion with the KokoMaster.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by ogbongzky(m): 10:37am On Feb 19, 2012
Working on his album and didnt know anything was happening in Nigeria? Hmnn,
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Aizebioje(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2012
Are we to undastand he didn't knw anytin happening in 9ja, mtchew.LOUSY LIAR.I'm a bg fan but ths is clearly and oficially d biggest lie of the century.can't wait to hear that album he was working on
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by reloboy(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2012
I think this guy is full of himself, imagine him saying he is unaware of the situation in 9ja mtcheeeeeeew
Osi rata ma ra Iyo
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 19, 2012
People who knows me well,know dat i dont lyk cold, IMAGINE
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by babaowo: 11:13am On Feb 19, 2012
his not bold enough to defend some questions.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by slimyem: 11:17am On Feb 19, 2012
as much as i've always loved D'banj,m beginning to see him as one big arrogant liar.
His replies on the interview are the dumbest ever!
Foolish boy!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by IykeD(m): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2012
A big tout, full of himself, thinks he is god!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Harbb: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2012
How can this guy claim he is a celebrity representing Nigeria and Africa, yet claims ignorance of fuel subsidy removal protest that attracted global attention? This was carried by virtually all international media organisations, the likes of BBC, CNN, Aljazeera et al. He must be joking.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by pak: 11:33am On Feb 19, 2012
Is it just me, or does anybody else feel this chap was [b]under

the influence of drugs [/b]or some other substance during this interview.

His body movement, his gesticulations, his responses, all did not seem too coherent to me

@8:26 - "first of all that was not an interview, it was a request . . . "   undecided

Seriously, this guy might just need help soon. I pray he doesn't go the way of Majek,
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2012
Don't mind this guy jare. He just dey talk shit.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by chiteny(m): 9:46pm On Feb 19, 2012
I love the songs of D'banj. But after reading this write up i am begining to consider. Seems the guy is not very endowed upstairs undecided(and he never mentioned that in his songs either). He is falling my leg.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by olaide19(f): 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2012
No mind am
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Kcwarren: 10:11pm On Feb 19, 2012
hmm
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Toshibasexy(m): 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2012
Dbanj you be Bleep up guy infact i don dey hate you
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Parnassuss(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2012
bejo2_k:

For the first time a Nigeria celebrity has been humbled in an interview !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chika: We understand you run a foundation and you were appointed as the United Nations youth ambassador for peace, with your position what are your responsibilities and what have you done with you position?

D’banj: I have much responsibility. I represent Africa, I represent Nigeria…do your research.

Chika: What was your take on the Occupy Nigeria and the fuel subsidy removal?

D’banj: 1st of all, lets take a minute silence for those who lost their lives during this period

Chika: Ok D’banj we really appreciate that, so carry on.

D’banj: I did not know anything that was happening [in Nigeria during protests] because I was working on my album in the UK.

Chika: But there was a protest in London why didn’t you participate?

D’banj: I didn’t know anything that was happening in London about the feul protest because I was working… I am not a politician! And everyone that knows me well knows I don’t like cold, so I couldn’t go outside.

Chika: So what do you have to say?

D’banj: I don’t have anything to say, I wasn’t in the country when it was happening.

Chika: But I wasn’t in the country also.

The irony is too painfully obvious. This guy is a cheap tart I swear.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by denzel2009: 10:49pm On Feb 19, 2012
cringeworthy
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2012
this guy suck, he said one minute silence for those that died during the protest, yet claim ingorance of the reason for the death, that i called broad day lier, stealing by lieing, if all nairalanders believe u, I passionately refuse to believe you bloody lier
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by ektbear: 11:41pm On Feb 19, 2012
He is an entertainer, not a politician.

Is it by force for him to be both?

Makes no sense to comment on sensitive political issues that could jeopardize his earnings

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by NaijaInspired: 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2012
Check out www.naijainspired.com for the hottest naija jams and albums.

Like us on facebook @ facebook.com/naijainspired.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by samyyoung(m): 12:15am On Feb 20, 2012
FIRST CLASS MOTORS
08029404288; 01-8205999
sammy_young87@yahoo.com

AVAILABLE CARS WITH PRICES

TOYOTA
Toyota Sienna (Tokunbo) - 2009 model - N4.6m
Toyota Avalon (Fairly Used) - 2007 model - N1.9m
Toyota Carmy (Tokunbo) – 2011 model - N4.5m
Toyota Carmy (Tokunbo) - 1999 model - N1m
Toyota Hiace (Fairly Used) - 1997 model - N950,000
Toyota Sequoia(Fairly Used) 2001 Model N1.9m
Toyota Sequoia(Tokunbo) 2001 Model N2.5m
Toyota Sienna (Tokunbo) 1999 model N1.4m
Toyota Sienna (Tokunbo) 1998 model N1.3m
Toyota Sienna (Fairly Used) 2001 Model N850,000
Toyota carmy (Tokunbo) 2001 Model N1.25m
Toyota Carmy (Tokunbo) Orobo 1996 Model N880,000
NISSAN
Nissan Altima (Fairly Used) - 2000 model - N650,000
Nissan Altima (Tokunbo) - 2007 model - N2.4m
Nissan Xterra (Tokunbo) 1999 Model N1.7m
Nissan Almera (Tokunbo) 2 doors 1999 Model N780,000
Nissan Almera (Tokunbo) 4 doors 1999 Model N880,000
Nissan Serenna (Tokunbo) 1998 Model N750,000
VOLKSWAGEN
Volkwagen Golf (Station-wagon) - 1998 Model- N750,000
Volkwagen Bullion Van(Tokunbo) 2002 Model- N3.5m
HONDA
Honda Passport (Tokunbo) 2000 model N1m
Honda Accord (Tokunbo) Babyboy 2002 model N1.2m
Honda Accord (Fairly used)Disc. Cont. 2007 model N1.6m
Honda Accord (Tokunbo) E.O.D(Manual)2005 Model N1.4m
Honda Accord (Tokunbo)Bull dog 1996 Model N850,000
Honda Civic (Tokunbo) 1999 Model N800,000
HYUNDAI
Hyundai Sonata (Fairly Used) 2004 Model N1.5m
Hyundai Elantra (Tokunbo) 2003 Model N1.3m
OTHERS
LandRover (Tokunbo) 1999 Model N1.2m
Iveco Truck (Head Only) (A/c) - N3.8m
MACK Truck (Head Only) (A/C) - N4.8m
Infinity QX56 (Tokunbo) 2005 Model N4.4m
Peoguot 407 (Tokunbo,Manual) 2003 Model N900,000
Audi TT (Tokunbo, Manual) 1999 Model N2m
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by obowunmi(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2012
abeg free the guy joor!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Ranoscky(m): 12:41am On Feb 20, 2012
Nonsense!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 20, 2012
Dbanj = Bushman

Go to skool, I can't fit, correct yourself- fit can I = smh!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by obowunmi(m): 12:50am On Feb 20, 2012
D'Banj is a funny guy. He's cool. The chick doing the interview is a mo.ron, Does he look like a politician ?
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by saska1122: 12:57am On Feb 20, 2012
I wish I didn't read through. This guy tells of the big sickness in Nigeria:Pride, arrogance mixed with ignorance and stupidity, yet we call him "a celebrity".
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by stynoski: 3:02am On Feb 20, 2012
"Those who know me know that I don't like cold, "

That is why we have jackets you slowpoke!

Those of you saying he is not a politician should plug your heads outta ya butts, aint nothing political about the question on Occupy Nigeria.

Mr So Endowed with a big head, next time just apologize to ur fans and hope you don't incure their wrath.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by kaykaybaba(m): 3:56am On Feb 20, 2012
Unnecessary witch hunting of this guy.  angry I wonder why he's the one who's been singled out as public enemy No.1? He's NOT Nigeria's problem. He's not even the least of Nigeria's problems. I wonder why people get all so emotional and ditch reason when it comes to this issue of Dbanj. Really, what did you expect him to say?  undecided Leave Dbanj alone and face the real issues pls. FYI: I'm not a fan of Dbanj.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by queensmith: 4:02am On Feb 20, 2012
He likes rihanna? Dbanj is officially an entertainer! He's a damn clown!! Hahahaha! I cant get over it! Lmfao! Dayum! Talk about bein an oliver! The dude does not recognize league at all! He de bounce! Even with rihannas awful taste in men i'm sure she cant! Even entertain herself with the aff man for 35minites! Dayum! My monday laughter began here!

He must have been the only person in the world to be naiive of the issues in nigeria, and he thinks he represents africa! Hmph. Dude cant even represent isale eko. What a monkey.

I have reason to believe he was huffing paint thinner and drinking some serious cough syrup before this interview, can anyone confirm? Lol
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by obowunmi(m): 4:32am On Feb 20, 2012
What do the Ghanaians call him again ? grin grin grin
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by brade: 4:53am On Feb 20, 2012
http://schoolintheus..com/ for Us scholarships for masters and Phd
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by damola1: 6:39am On Feb 20, 2012
I think the interview was great, that reporter was simply being stupid asking political questions from a musician!, someone who had a show in NY the next day, a big show, rubbish,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Dimoko-Korkus Replies Jim Iyke / Seun Egbegbe Implicates Lawal Kareem, His Younger Brother In His Criminal Case / Ebelle Okaro Celebrates Her Birthday, Releases New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.