Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. (3806 Views)

IMF Advices Nigeria To Remove All Forms Of Fuel Subsidy / Fashola Gives 22-yr-old Vulcaniser N100,000 / Fashola Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by EkoIle1: 2:52am On Feb 19, 2012
By Olasunkanmi Akoni

Fashola gives ministry 7 days to remove all abandoned vehicles

In apparent moves to prevent the dreaded Boko Haram sect’s nefarious activities as well as protect lives and property, Governor Babatunde Fashola has directed the Ministry of Transportation to clear the public car parks of all impounded and abandoned vehicles.

The governor in an Executive Order issued to all political appointees and Heads of Government Ministries and parastatals gave, a maximum of seven days to the Commissioner for Transportation to execute the order.

Fashola in the statement further stated: ”The situation is even worrisome in the light of prevailing security challenges and the spate of bomb attacks in some parts of the country.”

In the Executive Order, Fashola noted that henceforth only vehicles with official stickers will be allowed access into the secretariat. The Chairman of the state Task Force has been mandated to carry out 24 hour patrol and surveillance to rid Alausa of touting, trading as well as people soliciting for financial aids.

In a chat with Vanguard, Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa said that the move borders on ensuring adequate security of lives and property adding that his men have swung to action to beat the governor’s deadline.

Earlier, the state government has closed three main gates leaving just two open to public as entrance and exit gates. Vehicles have also been subjected to scrutiny at the entrance point.

Most of the civil servants whose views were sought on the directive, expressed their support for the move.

“I think the directive is a welcome development. We are all living witness to what is happening in the northern parts of the country where Boko Haram sect has been bombing public places, “says a civil servant who simply identified himself as Mr Sunday.

“‘I think Governor has done the right thing. He is very conscious about securing the lives and property of Lagosians. We all know what the Boko Haram sect are capable of doing. The sect has committed a lot of atrocities in the North it will be calamitous to give them any chance here in Lagos. I think the governor is taking this pro-active step to avoid disater. So, to me, the directive is a positive one,’” said by worker who simply identified herself as Shakirat.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/fashola-gives-ministry-7-days-to-remove-all-abandoned-vehicles/
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by OAM4J: 3:40am On Feb 19, 2012
Directives like this is what we get from a thinking and proactive Governor.

Good one!

Eko o ni baje.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by ziga: 3:59am On Feb 19, 2012
Great thinking . . .

This should be have been carried out already by security operatives if they had the brains.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by EkoIle1: 4:16am On Feb 19, 2012
ziga:

Great thinking . . .

This should be have been carried out already by security operatives if they had the brains.

Well said.

Unfortunately, they lack the brains hence the leader stepping in with directives and ultimatums.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by purefella(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
Good Idea , but to me i am never surprised that there's something they call Boko Haram sect killing people and if in the nearest future Nigeria experienced it's first earth quake killing millions of people or thousands or this country experienced tsunami like Japan , it still won't surprise me!!! , There's no better description to give Nigeria than to call it hell fire this bastard country knows how to kill a young man's dream trying to become something great in the future , this same stupid and cursed country knows how to turn you a gentleman into a criminal all because of bunch of criminals called politicians .,This country is HELL FIRE!!! and i doubt someone can be a Nigerian if not that you've offended God seriously your past life.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by Harbb: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nice one Fashola
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by eghost247(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Eko oni baje o
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by marjo: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
this is not news. I recall way back in 2008 thereabouts there was this same instruction that any vehicle that is discovered stationery/parked in one spot for up to one month should be removed. i worked on the apapa axis then and was happy but nothing happened, so whats new. they should start with the police stations.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by lovenaija2(m): 3:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i] if not for boko haram, fashola needs to remove these enviromental nuisanse and stop blockage of roads for parties, So selfish, barbaric and archai :oc
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by Dkingscare(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
I have been looking forward to the day that this development will come up,
Kudos to the Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola of Lagos State

Eko oni baje o,
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by DuduNegro: 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
if not for boko haram, fashola needs to remove these enviromental nuisanse and stop blockage of roads for parties, So selfish, barbaric and archai

You can never stop Yoruba people from partying. . . music and dance is ingrained in our dna. We have been partying on those spaces before roads were built on them. The roads encroached on our space. . . . and if we need just one night out of seven to use our space then the road will be blocked. Many Governors in Lagos have tried it and failed. . . .so drop the vent and when next you see an owanbe, join in! grin

Up Fashola, Up Lagos! Eko for show!! cheesy
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
Great move. But where are the vehicles gonna be moved to? I'm not sure we have any car crusher in Lagos or Nigeria sef. make dem sha no move am to main road.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by ajalaolanr(m): 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2012
how about the abandoned vehicles in lagos state as a whole?, dont they qualify for removal?
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by LogicMind: 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
terrorists winning.
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by Faheedat: 3:51am On Feb 21, 2012
Please extend it to LGA and LCDA immediately aa well as Police post accross the state.
Afterall, Lagos had a very big junk yard to accommodate all at Ibeju Lekki area
Eko oni baje o
Re: State Security::fashola Gives Ministry 7 Days To Remove All Abandoned Vehicles. by Faheedat: 3:54am On Feb 21, 2012
Seun,
Please let us monitor the level of compliance across the Lagos State and it's environ as we did for IG onroad bocks in Nigeria
May be we may got it right this time around.GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Served Meat Pie Couldn't Believe What She Found Inside (photo) / America Is Behind Boko Haram - Shoot Me, But Read This / The Situation In Imo State University Worsens...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.