Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism (1805 Views)

Popular Christians That Converted To Atheism / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by ea7(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2012
I deconverted two of my friends to atheism frm christianity using jst arguments. Over a 1 yr period. What do u tink guys.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by PastorKun(m): 10:14am On Feb 19, 2012
I think the devil is seriously at work in your life.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by 2good(m): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2012
ea7:

I deconverted two of my friends to atheism frm christianity using jst arguments. Over a 1 yr period. What do u tink guys.

Good job ea7. We need more people like you in Nigeria to teach people how to reason more objectively. Congrats on your new converts
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2012
You just showed them the way to reason, not conversion per say. Atheism is not a religion, just a way of thought.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by thehomer: 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I think the devil is seriously at work in your life.

And what was God doing?
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by Goshen360(m): 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2012
thehomer:

And what was God doing?

We are made to choose who and what we want to believe. God cannot force us as a free moral being.

Joshua 24:15 (NIV)
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by Lasinoh: 2:56am On Feb 20, 2012
Free world. They are still alive abi?
Consenting adults.
I am neither happy nor sad.
If they can find peace and be happier with their decisions. . .all well and good.
Life is not a competition. Death neither. kiss
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2012
diluminati:

You just showed them the way to reason, not conversion per say. Atheism is not a religion, just a way of thought.

I like your view, to me its just a way of thought which is "There is a God but no religion really offers a path to him"
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by manmustwac(m): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
diluminati:

You just showed them the way to reason, not conversion per say. Atheism is not a religion, ust a way of thought.
yes I agree with you. You just taught them how to think for themselves.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
Atheists believe in God more than religious people. The only problem of atheists is that they are angry with God. They feel that God has offended them. Most atheists ask for forgiveness from God at the point of their deaths and many ask for God's intervention when they confront deadly situations like when you are in an aeroplane and the pilot says "this plane has gone out of control". At this point most atheists would say "God please have mercy on me. If you save me now, I would worship you forever." But once God answers this prayer and the plane lands, the atheist would continue in his atheism and says it was not God that made the plane land but was luck.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuqudy:

Atheists believe in God more than religious people. The only problem of atheists is that they are angry with God. They feel that God has offended them. Most atheists ask for forgiveness from God at the point of their deaths and many ask for God's intervention when they confront deadly situations like when you are in an aeroplane and the pilot says "this plane has gone out of control". At this point most atheists would say "God please have mercy on me. If you save me now, I would worship you forever." But once God answers this prayer and the plane lands, the atheist would continue in his atheism and says it was not God that made the plane land but was luck.

Clap for yourself. . . .
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
mazaje:

Clap for yourself. . . .

Yes. That is the fact. Atheism is a psychological condition where by someone who strongly believes in God but feels that God has been unfair to him decides to deceive himself and others that there is no God. All atheists are angry. If someone does not actually believe in God he would not go about brainwashing others. What is the need, Or has atheism become another religion?
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuqudy:

Yes. That is the fact. Atheism is a psychological condition where by someone who strongly believes in God but feels that God has been unfair to him decides to deceive himself and others that there is no God. All atheists are angry. If someone does not actually believe in God he would not go about brainwashing others. What is the need, Or has atheism become another religion?

Tarrrrr, How many atheist do you know? How many have you interviewed? Don't talk from one side of the mouth MR
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
mkmyers45:

Tarrrrr, How many atheist do you know? How many have you interviewed? Don't talk from one side of the mouth MR

You can see yourself.  You are very very angry. You don't even know whom you are talking with. Well I can help you come back to your senses just as I have done to many of your likes.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuqudy:

You can see yourself. You are very very angry.

Who told you? I am not an atheist? I have a deist orientation, i believe in God but not all atheist have grudge against God orientation
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuqudy:

You can see yourself.  You are very very angry. You don't even know whom you are talking with. Well I can help you come back to your senses just as I have done to many of your likes.

Typical Proud Personality Disorder

No thanks, its you who needs fixing
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
chuqudy:

Really?. . Nice, you have stated the "fact". . .You can now clap for your self. . .
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 10:09am On Feb 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Who told you? I am not an atheist? I have a deist orientation, i believe in God but not all atheist have grudge against God orientation

You are a half atheist. Just as I said earlier, atheists believe in God than non atheists. Atheists are more God conscious. It is like a man who is always frightened but pretends that he is not frightened by been the first to shout and fight in any slghtest provocation. He wants to prove to people that he is bold but deep inside his psychology, he is panicking. My advice to you is never deny God. If you deny him, he will deny you.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 10:16am On Feb 29, 2012
mazaje:

Really?. . Nice, you have stated the "fact". . .You can now clap for your self. . .

I can see how much thirsty you are about God. I know your problem is that you have been looking and longing for God but could not find him. Just like a very thirsty man looking for water every where but could not find. So he says "there is no water". Chai! Sorry ooo ndo. But I promise you that one day you will find HIM if you keep on seeking for Him. Many years before you were concieved, there are people who do not believe in God. Newton was an atheist but later belived in God. So, my dear, you are not the first atheist or would be the last. I know something terible happened in your life that landed you to atheism. This is just the fact. And you are angry about God just like the poor are angry about wealth. The poor says money is evil beacause they could not make it.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by FXKing2012(m): 10:42am On Feb 29, 2012
ea7:

You are being used by the devil and headed for hell
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 29, 2012
FXKing2012:

You are being used by the devil and headed for hell

blah blah blah!

go back to your cheat job and keep on duping people all in the name of forex.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by emofine2(f): 11:05am On Feb 29, 2012
@OP

Can you narrate how you "deconverted" these two fellows, please?

manmustwac:

You just taught them how to think for themselves.

Striking paradox.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by FXKing2012(m): 11:13am On Feb 29, 2012
diluminati:

blah blah blah!

go back to your cheat job and keep on duping people all in the name of forex.

I must say u got me laughing wt this one, I wonder what u know abt forex or even what I do (lol)
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 29, 2012
FXKing2012:

I must say u got me laughing wt this one, I wonder what u know abt forex or even what I do (lol)

condemn yourself to that hell before you condemn any other person because you are cheating and playing the market. you know the saying remove the shitt from your eyes before removing the speck from another.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by FXKing2012(m): 11:26am On Feb 29, 2012
diluminati:

condemn yourself to that hell before you condemn any other person because you are cheating and playing the market. you know the saying remove the shitt from your eyes before removing the speck from another.

Seriously, is there any limit to your ignorance? There u go again making a nincompoop of yourself by talking abt a subject u know nothing of. So it is bad to trade the stock market, real estate market, foreign exchange market, and even commodities such as crude oil, gold, etc etc.
Again, pls stop exposing your folly in here cos I love you too much to stand it.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
chuqudy:

You are a half atheist. Just as I said earlier, atheists Deist believe in God than non atheists/religious people. Atheists are more God conscious. It is like a man who is always frightened but pretends that he is not frightened by been the first to shout and fight in any slghtest provocation. He wants to prove to people that he is bold but deep inside his psychology, he is panicking. My advice to you is never deny God. If you deny him, he will deny you.

I am deist and not an atheist for fecks sake, you are the one sounding like a half-christian who doesn't know anything. WTF? Deny God You suprise me dude, you claim they believe God more yet deny him? Look, Deist's believe in God more than anyone for they do not deny him. Look man not EVERYONE FEARS DEATH
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

I am deist and not an atheist for fecks sake, you are the one sounding like a half-christian who doesn't know anything. WTF? Deny God You suprise me dude, you claim they believe God more yet deny him? Look, Deist's believe in God more than anyone for they do not deny him. Look man not EVERYONE FEARS DEATH

Some persons deny their children and say "I have no child." Moreover, it is only muslim extremists that don't fear death. Atheists fear death more than non atheists. If you are not an atheist, you would not understand this. I still repeat that Atheists are more God concious than non Atheists.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 3:50pm On Feb 29, 2012
chuqudy:

Some persons deny their children and say "I have no child." Moreover, it is only muslim extremists that don't fear death. Atheists fear death more than non atheists. If you are not an atheist, you would not understand this. I still repeat that Atheists are more God concious than non Atheists.

Do me a favor and read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Please refer to me on my deist stands as i am in no way an atheist and Mr not everyone is afraid of the process of death which they see and study everyday

VIV
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by chuqudy(m): 4:20pm On Feb 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Do me a favor and read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Please refer to me on my deist stands as i am in no way an atheist and Mr not everyone is afraid of the process of death which they see and study everyday

VIV

Everyone has fear of death except one who is tired of or dissappointed with his life. That is why we have suicide. Moreover, people like Islamic extremists have their own reason for commiting suicide. So my dear, everyone has some degrees of fear for death. Even the one who is dissatisfied with his life does not find it easy to take his life away. It only takes courage to do so. However, I must tell you this. If you believe in God, there is but only one way to Him. That is Jesus Christ. Your knowledge of God would be useless without Christ. So, stop decieving yourself.
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 4:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
chuqudy:

Everyone has fear of death except one who is tired of or dissappointed with his life. That is why we have suicide. Moreover, people like Islamic extremists have their own reason for commiting suicide. So my dear, everyone has some degrees of fear for death. Even the one who is dissatisfied with his life does not find it easy to take his life away. It only takes courage to do so. However, I must tell you this. If you believe in God, there is but only one way to Him. That is Jesus Christ. Your knowledge of God would be useless without Christ. So, stop decieving yourself.

Uncertain statement

From out of 40,000 possible ways to the Almighty please Mr tell me why i should believe you or your brother Ishmael

Probability: 1/40,000 , that's a long shot bro
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by thehomer: 10:31am On Mar 11, 2012
goshen360:

We are made to choose who and what we want to believe. God cannot force us as a free moral being.

Joshua 24:15 (NIV)
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Do you really choose what to believe? Can you believe that the sun will stop shining? Or can you believe that yesterday, Nigeria finished building a space shuttle?
Re: Deconverted 2 Friends Of Mine To Atheism by jmoore(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2012
they are not christians, they are church goers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism Is Not For Me / Q & A With Jesus On The Problem Of Evil / Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.