Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115058 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2012
KJV)1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
kiss

To all the people who say its ok to pull your chain and God does not mind did Jesus do it?

We are told to walk as he did?
did jesus mast.ur.ba.tion the answer is no?

we should walking as he walked.

We should not walk as “impostor Chris” would tell you God has got nothing to do with it?

(KJV)1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
cry

It is time to search for the truth and stop defending evil?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by msjune: 4:39pm On May 01, 2012
am sure people misinterpreted the Man (pastor) no pastor will support self service/masturbation or any sexual pleasure of all kind it is not acceptable as the matter of fact self service bring serious problem to your life it cause delay marriage, spiritual husband and wife its enslave you b/cos when you want to stop you can't stop and even when married some still does it in secrete
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 4:47pm On May 01, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583aZdjisS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbYW5nmU4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSt0CGppqpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83uvNexYS4

Warnings and Encouragements
(NIV) Luke 12:1 Meanwhile, when a crowd of many thousands had gathered, so that they were trampling on one another, Jesus began to speak first to his disciples, saying: “Be[a] on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.
(NIV) Luke 12:2 There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 3 What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
These are the words of them talking and they were painstakingly typed out for all the defenders of evil pastors and there false doctrines? I.e. Christ Embassy Members
Who love there pastor more than the truth of the bible his word is God’s word to them
This shows the complete conflict of lies from and the truth form the bible which exposes them?
Transcribe for the spiritual blind people in Christ embassy

Rev. Ray Okocha (“Word Alive”. program)

Also the (Secretary-General) (Believer’s’ Love World Inc.)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome:

From Kwaku (Ghana)

Question: from Ghana how does one overcome ma.st.ur.ba.tion?

1. Rev. Ray Okocha Ha-ma ha- firstly it’s a thing of the mind, you’ve allowed the chance that you have to become a habit to you I am sure and a problem to you; am its first stop It! and you have the power to do that as a child of God, if you don’t want something you can stop it! So don’t think about it! Don’t go in that direction and stop it! And you obviously have a problem with it? That’s why you are in need of distribution a and the bibles says: (KJV) Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure ____and the ability of Christ in is you can if you don’t want it you can stop it.

2. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: it’s really that simple, the question is how does someone overcome ma.st.ur.ba.tion?
3. The reason your thinking about it the reason is it’s become a habit for you,
4. it’s the way you stop any habit,
5. see ma.st.ur.ba.tion it not em more of habit than any other habit ok SO
6. Once you make up your mind you “don’t”!! You want to break a particular habit, you do it, you stop you just it-stop it!!!

7. By getting em your mind to think of something else in fact the way the way destroy a habit is replace that habit with another habit,
8. That is the habit of not doing it see!!
9. But there is something I would like to- I would like to- bring to your mind that may be of help to you because the reason,

10. em you want to stop this is!!!
11. Is because of what you think it is!!
12. If you were in the habit of em playing football you probably would not ask us!!
13. How can I stop playing football?
14. Because you think there is something wrong with this!!!
15. Alright so that is where your problem is coming from.
16. But no matter how wrong it is!!! in your mind!!!
17. Get this straight in its self!

18. It is not a sin against God.

19. Now I say that for a reason!
20. There is many Christians think that is a sin against God em?
21. and Satan use it in oppressing them
22. oppressing their minds and making them feel ineffective

23. and inefficient in the things of God

24. But once you get to understand!!
25. It’s got nothing to do with God
26. It all about you and your own body
27. Then Satan loses his power to use it!!
28. To accuse you!!!
29. Alright!!
30. So if you don’t like it stop!!!
31. But Gods got nothing to do with it!!!

32. Its your own body

33. ma.st.ur.ba.tion is about you and your body

34. and Em and

35. God is not offended by it.

36. He is only offended by any habit that takes hold of your mind?
37. And if this takes a hold of your mind and dominates you?
38. God is offended by the fact that you let yourself become enslaved by any habit by what so every?
39. So let’s first of all take the power away from Satan to accuse you?

40. When it’s got nothing to do with God

41. in the whole bible

42. It doesn’t say anything about ma.st.ur.ba.tion?
43. Well Now somebody may say –
44. What about Lasciviousness
45. What about Uncleanness

46. That’s not the meaning of ma.st.ur.ba.tion
47. But you can have Lasciviousness and Uncleanness in ma.st.ur.ba.tion and as well in many other things that people do?
48. You see

49. So there not isolated to ma.st.ur.ba.tion its self

50. Uncleanness can be something about your mind ok
51. Thoughts that you bring in your mind
52. Uncleanness can be having ah, ah this kind of s,e,x,u,a,l relations with an animal?
53. That is Uncleanness
54. In fact that is more of what the bible calls Uncleanness than anything else!!
55. And then am ah en ah!!
56. Homosexuality is Uncleanness that’s what God means by Uncleanness
57. These are all the things it talks about?
58. So just be clear that Satan should have no power of dominion over you as far as this is concerned!
59. It can be a dirty habit
60. It can be a habit you don’t like?

61. Or its got nothing to do with God

62. God is not thinking about it!
63. So you want to stop it

64. Stop it like any other thing
65. And it’s always easier to be able to stop things like this when you know!!!!!
66. God will have no problem with it!!
67. As long as you are!!!
68. Oppressed by Satan the same devil will push you to do something

69. And make you believe God is against it, so he can you use it to condemn you

70. But once you know!!
71. Gods got nothing to do with it
72. And Satan does not have the power to accuse you with it
73. You will find you will not even do it anymore?
74. See you, you, you just you just don’t just don’t do it
75. If you don’t like it
76. It’s,- it’s just over
77. And you win?
Alright there is another one here
Siphilisiwe (Croydon United kingdom) question can apostles and prophets be ordained just as pastors are ordained by senior ministers

am sure people misinterpreted the Man (pastor) no pastor will support self service/self-service or any intimate pleasure of all kind it is not acceptable as the matter of fact self service bring serious problem

you need to watch these videos and read this please

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 9:48pm On May 01, 2012
crossman9: kiss

To all the people who say its ok to pull your chain and God does not mind did Jesus do it?

We are told to walk as he did?
did jesus mast.ur.ba.tion the answer is no?

we should walking as he walked.

We should not walk as “impostor Chris” would tell you God has got nothing to do with it?

cry

It is time to search for the truth and stop defending evil?
how did u know jesus did not masturbate? Didn't u read fu he was subject to same thing as we. Were u there to know in he handled d urge
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 4:39pm On May 02, 2012
ATMC: how did u know jesus did not masturbate? Didn't u read fu he was subject to same thing as we. Were u there to know in he handled d urge

You people at Christ embassy have now travelled to a new level of evil you are now committing sin against Jesus by saying Jesus sinned against his body and committed lust?

Matthew 4

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Luke 22:28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrews 5:2 He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness.

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.

Hebrews 2:18

New International Version (©1984)
Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
For in this, because he has suffered and was tempted, he can help those who are tempted.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Because Jesus experienced temptation when he suffered, he is able to help others when they are tempted.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to help them that are tempted.

American King James Version
For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.

American Standard Version
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For in that, wherein he himself hath suffered and been tempted, he is able to succour them also that are tempted.

Darby Bible Translation
for, in that himself has suffered, being tempted, he is able to help those that are being tempted.

English Revised Version
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Webster's Bible Translation
For in that he himself hath suffered, being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted.

Weymouth New Testament
For inasmuch as He has Himself felt the pain of temptation and trial, He is also able instantly to help those who are tempted and tried.

World English Bible
For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Young's Literal Translation
for in that he suffered, himself being tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
For in that he himself ... - "Because" he has suffered, he is able to sympathize with sufferers.

Being tempted - Or, being "tried." The Greek word used here is more general in its meaning than the English word "tempted." It means to "put to the proof;" to try the nature or character of; and this may be done either:

(1) by subjecting a person to "afflictions" or "sufferings" that his true character may be tried - that it may be seen whether he has sincere piety and love to God; or.

(2) by allowing one to fall into "temptation," properly so called - where some strong inducement to evil is presented to the mind, and where it becomes thus a "trial" of virtue.

The Saviour was subjected to both these in as severe a form as was ever presented to people. His sufferings surpassed all others; and the temptations of Satan (see Matthew 4) were presented in the most alluring form in which he could exhibit them. Being "proved" or "tried" in both these respects, he showed that he had a strength of virtue which could bear all that could ever occur to seduce him from attachment to God; and at the same time to make him a perfect model for those who should be tried in the same manner.

He is able to succour ... - This does not mean that he would not have had "power" to assist others if he had not gone through these sufferings, but that he is now qualified to sympathize with them from the fact that he has endured like trials.

"He knows what sore temptations mean,

For he has felt the same."

The idea is, that one who has himself been called to suffer is able to sympathize with those who suffer; one who has been tempted, is able to sympathize with those who are tempted in like manner. One who has been sick is qualified to sympathize with the sick; one who has lost a child, can sympathize with him who follows his beloved son or daughter to the grave; one who has had some strong temptation to sin urged upon himself can sympathize with those who are now tempted; one who has never been sick, or who has never buried a friend, or been tempted, is poorly qualified to impart consolation in such scenes. Hence, it is that ministers of the gospel are often - like their Master - much persecuted and afflicted, that they may be able to assist others. Hence, they are called to part with the children of their love; or to endure long and painful sicknesses, or to pass through scenes of poverty and want, that they may sympathize with the most humble and afflicted of their flock. And they should be willing to endure all this; because:

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 8:51am On May 03, 2012
@crossman9 so cos i concurred with chris, u concluded i'm in his church, how about this...d way u talk about this...the way u talk about this shows me u r into it buh secretely :-p
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2012
ATMC: @crossman9 so cos i concurred with chris, u concluded i'm in his church, how about this...d way u talk about this...the way u talk about this shows me u r into it buh secretely :-p

i thought you were the same old same old anyone who knows me i completly agianst christ embassy

that is why i created a some web pages about the church and there evil dealing and i now have some new machines on the "GO" THIS WAR IS GOING TO TAKE AN NEW LEVEL OF ATTACK so watch this space the war is just begining i am going to post all the videos i have on the truth twister and one day i hope to be on TV preaching against this evil man in a white suite?

never pick a fight with a soldier you might lose
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 2:15pm On May 03, 2012
crossman9:

i thought you were the same old same old anyone who knows me i completly agianst christ embassy

that is why i created a some web pages about the church and there evil dealing and i now have some new machines on the "GO" THIS WAR IS GOING TO TAKE AN NEW LEVEL OF ATTACK so watch this space the war is just begining i am going to post all the videos i have on the truth twister and one day i hope to be on TV preaching against this evil man in a white suite?

never pick a fight with a soldier you might lose
i think dt last statement is for u. Correct d evil u r doing nd leave d young man alone, except ur purpose in life is to search for d wrong in others while leaving out d wrong in u. Again, if u come on tv preaching against him, no sane person will listen to u for long nd someday, someone will come on to preach against u...what goes around comes around!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dj5naira(m): 6:21pm On May 03, 2012
ATMC: i think dt last statement is for u. Correct d evil u r doing nd leave d young man alone, except ur purpose in life is to search for d wrong in others while leaving out d wrong in u. Again, if u come on tv preaching against him, no sane person will listen to u for long nd someday, someone will come on to preach against u...what goes around comes around!
Karma's law.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 03, 2012
ATMC: how did u know jesus did not masturbate? Didn't u read fu he was subject to same thing as we. Were u there to know in he handled d urge
He was subjected to the same thing as we? You know you just opened a Pandora's box, right?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 7:14am On May 04, 2012

I don't agree with you here bros. as much as we know Jesus was subject to like passion. As men. That doesn't me he yielded to every fleshly tendency. He wasn't carnal. He lived by the spirit.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 10:11am On May 04, 2012
Just like I suspected

They're probably waiting for the thread to fill up so they can come back and repeat their useless questions again...

tO jO, MABELL, NEWMI

Let's stop cutting corners.

FACTS
1. In the original video, Pastor Chris was referring to self-service for intimate relief, the question was 'how can one overcome', it therefore means the questioner has been in a battle with this and really needed help. WE ARE ALL ADULTS HERE AND YOU GUYS CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS.. so can we not distort the truth please?

2. It's been clear from the discussion, that it's the thoughts and the motives that make an action a sin. Hence a Christian won't be committing murder if he kills on the battlefield... I think we're all agreed on that.

3. When one self services to relieve intimate tension, does one just titillate one's organs without thinking intimate thoughts?

FACT 3 is where my grouse with JO the crook begins. Earlier on this thread, before he tried to change the topic, Jo had claimed that it's possible to self-service without thinking. THIS IS coming from a full grown adult who CLAIMS he has never masturbated.. yeah, right..
He ALSO claims to have delivered people from the oppression. People are only delivered from 'bad' things, 'wrong' things, 'evil' things.. If you claim self-service is a 'bad' habit, what makes a habit 'bad' if it isn't a sin? On what grounds can you call 'self-service' a 'bad' habit? If you say smoking is a 'bad' habit, yet not a sin, i'd understand cause you'd claim it causes cancer and all. Are there any 'harmful' effects of self-service. either to society or to the human body?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2012
Joagbaje:

I don't agree with you here bros. as much as we know Jesus was subject to like passion. As men. That doesn't me he yielded to every fleshly tendency. He wasn't carnal. He lived by the spirit.

praise the lord you have said it perfect this man is trying to make jesus a sin?

without christ there is no salvation
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 8:26pm On May 05, 2012
crossman9:

praise the lord you have said it perfect this man is trying to make jesus a sin?

without christ there is no salvation

this man is trying to make jesus a sin...didn't u read in ur bible, he was made sin so dt we may be made d righteousness of god...am i d one dt said it?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 05, 2012
And people wonder why I dropped Christianity?
Saved me a lot of headache..
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 3:24am On May 06, 2012
you lost the truth then because this fool does not read the bible jesus was without sin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 4:48am On May 06, 2012
crossman9: you lost the truth then because this fool does not read the bible jesus was without sin
calling someone a fool, does it show u walk in love...By this shall all men know dt u r mine. Also, whosoever shall say raka to his brother shall not enter d kingdom. Raka means fool.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2012
Can we call someone a fool or not?

Romans 1:22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Isaiah 44:20 He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, "Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?"
Jeremiah 4:22 "My people are fools; they do not know me. They are senseless children; they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil; they know not how to do good."
Jeremiah 10:14 Everyone is senseless and without knowledge; every goldsmith is shamed by his idols. His images are a fraud; they have no breath in them.
1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Matthew 5:22 and Matthew 23:17; Psalm 14:1
1.Do not call someone a fool A.(Matthew 5:22) - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

2.Calling someone a fool A.(Psalm 14:1) - "The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good"
B.(Matthew 23:17) - "You fools and blind men! Which is more important, the gold or the temple that sanctified the gold?"

When Jesus said in Matthew 5:22 that you should not call anyone a fool, contextually He was speaking of those who were unrighteously angry. That is why Jesus mentions anger in this verse. There is a righteous anger which is not sinful (Eph. 4:26 - "Be angry and do not sin . . ." ), as well as unrighteous anger that is sinful (James 1:20 - "for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God"wink. When God is angry with someone, He is always righteous in His anger. Jesus, being God in flesh (John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9), can righteously be angry with people and pronounce upon them the foolishness of their deeds--which He did (Matt. 23:17). Also, undoubtedly, Jesus knew Psalm 14:1 which says, "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God' . . ." Jesus didn't forget the well known verse, and God is not wrong for calling someone a fool, especially when it is true.

As a result, we see that the condemnation by Jesus in regards to calling someone a fool is in the context of doing it out of unrighteous anger, which does not fit the later citations of Jesus labeling the hypocritical Pharisees as fools.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2012
ATMC: calling someone a fool, does it show u walk in love...By this shall all men know dt u r mine. Also, whosoever shall say raka to his brother shall not enter d kingdom. Raka means fool.

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Joagbaje(m): 11:03pm On May 06, 2012
ATMC: calling someone a fool, does it show u walk in love...By this shall all men know dt u r mine. Also, whosoever shall say raka to his brother shall not enter d kingdom. Raka means fool.

I like you.

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 12:24am On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:

I like you.

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

well that must because he loves mast.ur.bat.ion mr pamstar

you should all join woodstock lol only joking it is right to love i was saying he is not wise for saying jesus mast.ur.bat.ed

you are going to hate me for the next video i am going post it will cause a war on this site wait and see?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Atheists: 3:10am On May 07, 2012
Just imagine going to hell for masturbation. Surely, is that a sin which warrants for eternity in hell ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 10:51am On May 07, 2012
Atheists: Just imagine going to hell for masturbation. Surely, is that a sin which warrants for eternity in hell ?

1 John 5:17 All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

International Standard Version (©2008)
1 John 5:17 Every kind of wrongdoing is sin, yet there are sins that do not lead to death

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

John 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.
1 John 5:16 If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by breathing(f): 5:15pm On May 07, 2012
[quote author=crossman9]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583aZdjisS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbYW5nmU4Y

i.e
Christ Embassy Members
Who love their pastor more than the truth of the bible his word is God’s word to them

I have read a lot of unbelievable comments on this thread but i really take exception to the above.

First of all, it is impossible for us to love our pastor more than the word of God because both are the same. Pastor Chris never says anything like this, without first searching the scriptures thoroughly.

Secondly, before Pastor Chris says anything like this, there have been previous messages on related topics to prepare our minds for it, he doesn't just throw it like a bomb, so it doesn't sound like greek to us, as it obviously sounds to many here. We understand that the essence of that message is not so that you can go back home and masturba.te away, but so that you can realize that masturb.ation isn't even what should be occupying our minds.

Thirdly, Pastor Chris was right when he said that masturba.tion wasnt mentioned in the bible. It is just one of those things which you have to define for yourself whether you need it or not.

You sound like you expect all Christ Embassy members to leave the Church because Pastor Chris said mas.turbation aint a sin. And go to where? Somewhere where we are told that masturbation is a sin? Like that's actually gonna stop anyone from masturbating.

Some of these things are really difficult to explain to minds who are not ready to understand it, but just know this one thing, that every blessed day, the holy spirit reveals deeper things about the word of God, to people who are ready to handle it, and the fact that you do not understand some things right now, gives you the right to question it yeah, but doesn't give you the right to judge people who have understood it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 1:45am On May 12, 2012
quote]
First of all, it is impossible for us to love our pastor more than the word of God because both are the same. Pastor Chris never says anything like this, without first searching the scriptures thoroughly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKGZ6zU12Qk[/quote]

This says it all you are saying he is the word of God with this comment you worshiping him as a god [code][/code]

ok you say he research what says well how do you get the mistakes he is making would you like me to show you I will blow your mind now i have the tools to post videos now let the truth prevails he recently said the [bible does not talk about tattoos he said nowhere in the bible entire bible does it talk about tattoos in the whole bible if research things then why did he make such a mistake then
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by breathing(f): 10:29am On May 14, 2012
@crossman9

it took me some time to be able to view the video but i have.

First off, united against Christ Embassy productions, wow! Ok, let me not even talk about that. And i hope you like to read cuz i feel a long post ahead.

So you are so quick to point out that Leviticus 19:28 says 'you shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead; nor print any marks upon you: i am the Lord. (do i need to explain that this was said concerning idol worship, or do you think that because my ears, and that of so many other christian girls were pierced after birth, we have automatically lost out from heaven)

Let me also point out to you that Deut. 22:9 says 'thou shalt not sow thine vineyard with diverse seeds...'

this means that, christian farmers are not supposed to practice mixed cropping.

Deuteronomy 22:11 says 'thou shall not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

This means that if a christian is putting on a jean trouser, he must have a jean jacket on, woollen trouser, woollen top on, linen trouser, linen top. E.t.c.

So someone asked Pastor Chris if there is anything wrong with tattoos and you want him to quote Leviticus 19: 28.

Why do people like you choose some particular verses in the old testament to obey and choose to ignore all the others.

I'd tell you why, it's because you have realized that all these rules are impossible to follow.

And i'd tell you what. Deut 6:25 says 'and it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do ALL these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us.

This means that if you do not succeed in keeping every single law in the old testament, your attempt to keep any is as good as nothing, bcuz you would forever remain unrighteous and an unrighteous man cant enter heaven now, can he?

If Pastor Chris comes out tomorrow to say 'wearing a woollen jacket and a linen skirt is not a sin'. I bet all 'united against Christ Embassy productions' would keep quiet about that cuz i can bet your trouser and your top aint always made of the same material.

I'm not trying to say the old testament doesn't matter. It matters cuz from it we learn a lot about the love and mercy of God for us in this generation, we also learn what he thinks of us and a bit of what he expects of us but those rules no longer determine our righteousness.

Romans 3: 20-22 says 'therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law is manifested... Even the righteousness of God which is by faith...'

The devils is constantly decieving christians by making them feel that their job in this world is to obey the law and all would be fine but Jesus said our job is to preach the goodnews, heal the sick, raise the dead, reach out to people that haven't met Jesus'. And that's all Pastor Chris is always saying.

He doesn't say 'go and tattoo your body', he says 'you are gonna masturbate sometime or tattoo your body sometime, and the devil is gonna come along and make you feel very bad about it, so much that you may want to drop out of the christian race. But just know this, masturbation or tattoos dont even count, just as mixed cropping and wearing of different materials dont matter, what really matters is a heart of faith, that loves and wants to serve God. Cuz such a heart would be able to withstand all the wiles of the devil until Christ is formed in him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by ATMC(f): 8:39pm On May 14, 2012
@breathing, tx for dt long explanation. U made sense. @crossman9 pls try nd assimilate what he said, don't rush off to answer ok, thank u
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by crossman9(m): 1:20am On May 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giVuBOw8_vU
ATMC: @breathing, tx for dt long explanation. U made sense. @crossman9 pls try nd assimilate what he said, don't rush off to answer ok, thank u

you are the one that needs to learn not me you say he studied the bible before answering well explain all the mistakes he is making then if he reads the word
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by AntiPastChris(m): 9:05pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Blueberrybbi22: 10:43am On May 23, 2012
Goshen360: [flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBi8l621wbQ?version=3&hl=en[/flash]

THIS IS STRANGE. I JUST LOST RESPECT FOR OYAKHILOME. MAS.TUR.BATION IS NOT A SIN? SERIOUSLY, I MEAN SERIOUSLY? TO THIS END, I SAY HE IS A FALSE TEACHER, TEACHING DEMONIC THINGS IN THESE LAST DAYS.
Honestly I'm a Christ embassy member & I really fear and respect God. Pastor chris sayin masturbation is not a sin is a topic I havnt had sumtn 2 say. 4 d fact dat I've not bin abl 2 understand d MSG doesn't mek him false. I'm onli taking my time to get dis rite. And I sure do

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.