Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115075 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
goshen360:

Abeg no lie for my head o. I have not modified my post and you can read it again. I said it plainly undiluted it is a thought that defiles our mind which involves lust and hence makes it impure. The truth remains the truth. You can as well proof to the whole congregation of Nairaland and the world that masturba.tion is not a sin using bible verses as i did just because pastor Chris said so and let's listen to you.

You first said, it is not a sin and later you say there are 2 kinds of masturbatio.n. Again, you referred me to read a post where a woman slept with a dead man. How can you even imagine that. I masturb.ated in the past and I can say it openly but the power of God delivered me. The fact that i did it doesn't make it right and I will not hide under bible verse to twist the word of the Living God to justify my sins lest I face the judgment of God.

God bless you you my brother. I think am tired of this topic. You can as well prove from the bible mastur.bation is not sin rather than just telling us with words of mouth.

Am out of here.

And again I must say there is nowhere in your post that suggests that the Bible states that mastur-bation leads to thoughts that defile the mind.
If your mind was defiled when u mastur-bated, that'z becos u chose to fill your mind with such thoughts. And I also made it clear that it is possible to mastur-bate without filling your mind with thoughts capable of defiling your mind.

The link about a woman who was impregnated by a dead man was just my way of showing you that it is possible to mastur-bate, get and erec-tion and even eja-culate without your mind being involved.

Besides, if it were a sin as such the Bible couldnt have been silent about it while making mention of fornication, adultery and homosexuality. Abortion and being gay were clearly stated in the Bible as being sins.
Abortion - thou shall not kill
Gay -  the case of Sodom in the book Genesis.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
@all these people following what pastors say and living the life of people in the bible, i want you to read this.

1 Samuel 18:25-27 ESV
"Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife"

my questions are:
1. does the above sound like a word of GOD?
2. is this what i should read and practice?
3. does these religious books have solutions to modern problems?

no offense intended just common sense.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by pvee(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
It is not a sin its self satisfying and where it ll affect a person is if he or she gets married they ll seek self satisfaction and it ll become a problem. I agree with Pastor Chris.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by sample042(m): 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
Without being bias, 80% of boys even gals engage in masturbation(na fact). To me, it's not a sin. on d oda hand, it's nt biblical(period).

sample
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
tunnytox:

If a married man mast.urb.tes while thinking about his wife who is away how is that a sin?

Psalm 2:1(KJV)
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

intimacy is designed by God between a man and a woman. Deal with your self control if your spouse is out of town. God help you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by sample042(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
seun thanks for this wonderful forum. i love nairaland.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
The interpretations people give to the Bible just to suit their ways of life or systems of belief is just amazing. No kain interpretation I never hear finish for here (lol).
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by freecocoa(f): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
Everyone on this thread has mastur bated at one time or another and as far as i know mastur bation starts as early as childhood, even though kids may not c-um they touch themselves,will that be considered as sin too?I don't know what the fuss is about here,many people are just making up sins in their head and trying to force people into believing their doctrines,abeg all you self righteous hypocrites should quit interpreting the bible to suit your beliefs jorh,mscheew.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by FXKing2012(m): 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
Let me end this by asking: if I look at a woman and I dont lust after her in my mind, does that constitute a sin? Absolutely not!
Now if somebody (cos I dont) mastur-bates and does not lust (entertain indecent thoughts) in his/her mind, does that constitute a sin? Absolutely not!

This definitely settles the argument. I'm out!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by freecocoa(f): 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^maybe you don't for now but you definitely have mastur bated before.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Goshen360(m): 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

Besides, if it were a sin as such the Bible couldnt have been silent about it while making mention of fornication, adultery and homosexuality. Abortion and being gay were clearly stated in the Bible as being sins.
Abortion - thou shall not kill
Gay -  the case of Sodom in the book Genesis.

So because the bible didn't specifically mention masturba.tion makes it not a sin right? When bible said, thou shall not kill, the bible could have have well said thou shall not commit abortion. The word, "Abrotion" didn't appear in the bible but you use kill to justify abortion. So if the word, masturba.tion didn't appear in the bible, why are you looking for word to justify it as not being a sin. The word, "homosexu.al" didnt appear in the bible also and so you can justify it then as not a sin. The word, "sex-trade and prostituti.on" didn't appear in the bible, so we can say it is not a sin then. C'mon my brother, I THOUGHT YOU KNOW BETTER.

I DO NOT CONDEMN PEOPLE WHO MASTUR.BATE BUT THE ACT ITSELF IS A SINFUL FROM BIBLICAL VIEW, NEITHER DOES THE SON OF GOD CONDEMN THEM BUT WANTS US TO COME TO REPENTANCE FROM EVERY SIN THAT EASILY TRAP US.

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.(NIV)

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.(NLT)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 21, 2012
If the drive through is closed, man must self service, its not easy oh!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by wealth123: 12:13am On Feb 21, 2012
SMOKING INDIAN HEMP (IGBO) NO BE SIN ABI ? BECOS IGBO NO DEY FOR BIBBLE. COCAINE AND HEROIN SEF NO DEY BIBLE ALL NA BAD HABIT NO BE SIN. ABEG UNA WETIN BE SIN SEF? ANY THING BAD IS SIN. SIMPLE ANSWER.

PLEASE HELP ME TELL CHRIS AND HIS FOLLOWERS.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 21, 2012
Phil;4 v 8;brethen,wateva things ar true,wateva tins ar honest,wateva tins ar just,whateva tins are PURE,wateva tins ar lovely,wateva tins ar of gud report;if dia be any virtue and if dia be any praise,THINK OF DS TINS
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2012
Col 2v 8;Beware lest any MAN(hes a man like u)spoil u tru philosophy n vain deceit,afta d tradtn of men,afta d rudiment of ds world and nt afta christ
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 21, 2012
Mas_turbation is never a sin.Alcoholic intake is never a sin.But too much of everything is bad.If u become addictive to it,then it becomes a sin.It cant be likened to cocaine and cigar cos they are not good 4 a healthy living.Masturb-ation is a healthy practise.Dats da reason why God made it dat semen doesnt finish in a mans body.Da ? Is 'why do u masturb-ate? Is it because u wanna ease tension or cos u wanna meditate what it may feel like being on top of a particular girl dat uve seen.ur reason is da key
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 12:45am On Feb 21, 2012
freecocoa:

Everyone on this thread has mastur bated at one time or another and as far as i know mastur bation starts as early as childhood, even though kids may not c-um they touch themselves,will that be considered as sin too?I don't know what the fuss is about here,many people are just making up sins in their head and trying to force people into believing their doctrines,abeg all you self righteous hypocrites should quit interpreting the bible to suit your beliefs jorh,mscheew.

please speak for yourself.
don't lump me into your group of serial w@nkers.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by otokx(m): 12:47am On Feb 21, 2012
smh, we are really in the end times.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:50am On Feb 21, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Na to baff wear cloth enter christ embassy oh, I sure say the babes there go dey blow for free grin grin grin grin grin grin I mean once saved always saved na grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by osifred(m): 12:53am On Feb 21, 2012
if there is one man of God i respect for his in depth knowledge of the scripture that man is pastor Chris moreso i respect alot for his non conformity approach to things. a friend of mine outside the christ embassy faith said n i quote "pastor chris is a great teacher of the bible" which i have come to agree with him.

we learn everyday, the earth was flat dey said in the old it took men centuries afterwards to proof otherwise even wen the catholic church tried to otherwise to discredit dia claims. that be said i am not for against the subject matter. i am here to learn

in the video attached there was no where pastor chris encouraged masturbation according to him he wanted to put some fact rite, that be said he said we shld nt let dat (we masturbate) deprive us from serving God as the devil wil try to make us feel bad afterwards. for those of u that know chris u wil understands his calling which the the calling of grace, the sinner saved by grace.

i am tempted to write to him to ask him to verify his claim
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by anabecher: 12:58am On Feb 21, 2012
Masturbation is not fornication but is a practice that God does not approve.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 21, 2012
Okay let's get this right.

Mas-turbation; self-stimulation of the genitals for sexual pleasure.

Why did God made the sexual urge in the first place when he knows it's a sin?

Would you also say wet dreams are sinful?

Which is better, a rapi.st, fornicator or someone that masturba.tes?

Throughout the New-testament, it wasn't mentioned nor condemned.

Someone quoted an Old-testament scripture that says 'God forbids the fluid touching the ground'. So does that means the use of condoms is sinful? (remember we throw away used condoms with our semen away)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 21, 2012
anabecher:

self-service is not fornication but is a practice that God does not approve.

How do you Know God doesn't approve of it?

Did God just appear to you in your bedroom to tell you that?

God Said.' thou shall not kill'. Remember how many times he told David, Joshua, e.t.c to go kill?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by anabecher: 1:14am On Feb 21, 2012
Col 3:5 says : Deaden, therefore, YOUR body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite, hurtful desire, a[b][i][/i][/b]nd covetousness, which is idolatry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by anabecher: 1:15am On Feb 21, 2012
Col 3: 5 says 5 Deaden, therefore, YOUR body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite, hurtful desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry[b][i][/i][/b]
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by freecocoa(f): 1:18am On Feb 21, 2012
coogar:

please speak for yourself.
don't lump me into your group of serial w@nkers.
I don see you,na today?abeggy.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by anabecher: 1:39am On Feb 21, 2012
I only follow what the Bible says and not men's thoughts, and im respect of you, you respect me, ok?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 1:41am On Feb 21, 2012
anabecher:

Col 3: 5 says 5 Deaden, therefore, YOUR body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, intimate appetite, hurtful desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry[b][i][/i][/b]

@Anabecher, lets analyse dis,

Intimate appetit;, It could be anything but it isn't specific.

Hurtful desires; so many things can be classed as 'hurtful desire'.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by anabecher: 1:46am On Feb 21, 2012
The Bible should not be construed as our wishes, the Bible leaves no doubt, purity is important in the eyes of God, but I see that you mas-turbation is to be something usual so no longer will answer because obviously you have nothing to do with what the Bible asks of us, Bible is the message of God for us.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by chiteny(m): 1:54am On Feb 21, 2012
If anyone here can truthfully claim to have successfully masturbated while meditating in his/her heart passages of the bible, second coming of Jesus, Good works of Jehovah or Heaven and its host of angels (as opposed to erotic/lustful thoughts of nak[b]e[/b]d women), then i might reconsider my stand of mast.urbation being a sin.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by anabecher: 2:01am On Feb 21, 2012
happens is that the pastor has to mas-turbate so thinks is good and holy, a good masturbation, on the other hand with it never fails, I imagine someone who supposedly has the word of Jehovah encouraging people to masturbate. I feel shame with only read this thought, Satan take the world in his hands and offer sexx like his best tramp.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 21, 2012
chiteny:

If anyone here can truthfully claim to have successfully masturbated while meditating in his/her heart passages of the bible, second coming of Jesus, Good works of Jehovah or Heaven and its host of angels (as opposed to Intimate/lustful thoughts of nak[b]e[/b]d women), then i might reconsider my stand of mast.urbation being a sin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.