Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll (3511 Views)

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll / Updates Of Sokoto Guber Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by seunlayi(m): 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2012
The Sokoto Resident Electoral Commission has declared Pdp as the winner of yesterday election. Nta live

Aliyu Wamakko of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has been re-elected governor of Sokoto State.

He won the governorship election which was conducted yesterday by 518, 247 votes.

The ANPP candidate came a distant second, with the NNPP candidate securing a little over 7,000 votes.

Wamakko is one of the five state governors the Supreme court sacked recently following the verdict on tenure elongation.

Others are former governors Timipre Silva of Bayelsa, Liyel Imoke of Cross River, Abubakar Idris of Kogi and Murtala Nyako of Adamawa.

Nyako has also been re-elected while Imoke of PDP will test his popularity against candidates of other political parties in the 25 February 2012 governorship election in Cross River state.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/19/wamakko-re-elected-sokoto-governor/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29

1 Like

Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by seunlayi(m): 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2012
The Pdp continue it's grip by defeating the other political parties by 518 thousand + votes with cpc over 100 thousand votes.

1 Like

Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by kutchs: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2012
Like it or hate it PDP is winning bc it is the only party with a national spread. Others are just ‘localised‘.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by southwark: 11:04pm On Feb 19, 2012
Rigged As Usual
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by aljharem(m): 11:13pm On Feb 19, 2012
kutchs:

Like it or hate it PDP is winning bc it is the only party with a national spread. Others are just ‘localised‘.

That is how Nazi rule started, A one party state

Other parties too can be national spread if YOU VOTE FOR THEM.

Stop restricting other parties
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by seunlayi(m): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2012
southwark:

Rigged As Usual

0with this wide margin you still call this rigging? Where you there in sokoto? Or is it just your belive that whenever pdp won an election, it is by rigging and whenever other parties won by a slim margin it is a free and fair election?

1 Like

Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by bakila: 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2012
Hmmm moderator please permit me to go to the joke section. From the north east to ss then nw yeah we are a joke.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by dejust(m): 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2012
The governor elect should carry everybody along.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by chimuchi(f): 12:23am On Feb 20, 2012
[size=28pt]its expected.[/size]
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by koruji(m): 12:23am On Feb 20, 2012
I agree with you completely that PDP is the only party with a national spread. . .
              . . .that is a national spread of CORRUPTION, INCOMPETENCE, CLUELESSNESS and all other qualities that have seen the party in control at the center & in most states for 12 years with little to show for it.

The question is why do YOU see that as a badge of honor, rather than protect yourself from the national disease called PDP.

In other climes, a government/party like this would not see another term for a long time to come.

But this is Nigeria where the usual, and empty, arguments still work. It is the party that has a national spread, not which party puts competents hands in office and deliver on promises.

Pity, pity, pity !!!

kutchs:

Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by koruji(m): 12:26am On Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, the way GEJ is carrying everyone along - stuffing himself silly with the national budget, leaving criminals in control of the NNPC, while taking gasoline subsidy away from the poor.

I'll rather PDP learn to live Nigerians alone, if the above is what happens when they carry people along!!!

dejust:

The governor elect should carry everybody along.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by jedisco(m): 2:57am On Feb 20, 2012
koruji:

I agree with you completely that PDP is the only party with a national spread. . .
. . .that is a national spread of CORRUPTION, INCOMPETENCE, CLUELESSNESS and all other qualities that have seen the party in control at the center & in most states for 12 years with little to show for it.

The question is why do YOU see that as a badge of honor, rather than protect yourself from the national disease called PDP.

In other climes, a government/party like this would not see another term for a long time to come.

But this is Nigeria where the usual, and empty, arguments still work. It is the party that has a national spread, not which party puts competents hands in office and deliver on promises.

Pity, pity, pity !!!

Like it or not PDP is the only party with not just a national spread but also a national ideology.

I think from the recent past those putting Nigerias problems on PDP are not telling themselves the truth.
We all know how people jump from party to party during elections and all of a sudden we make a rouge a saint just because he has changed his party or is it that of a man installing his family members to run for any political position he likes
I can go on and list alot of governors both from PDP and the opposition who performed excellently and also those who did poorly.
I think we should be objective in our criticisms and not just because of someones party. I think any official that wants to work will do so irrespective of his party.

@alj harem
So are you saying we should vote people from the opposition just because they are from another party?
I really believe that no other party would have performed better than PDP all this while. Afterall is it not thesame politicians?
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by jensinmi(m): 3:14am On Feb 20, 2012
kutchs:

Bros. Come o.

Do you think all this political stuff is free of charge??
You think National spread comes by mouth?

Why will they not have national spread when they have access to the national purse.

If I had access to the national purse today, I can build a party with national spread in 6 months.

So, please stop speaking like the other parties wish not to be present in other areas.

All these excuses are why Nigerians won't vote for change.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by Binkalette: 3:39am On Feb 20, 2012
[img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by Beaf: 3:50am On Feb 20, 2012
Binkalette:

[img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]

What rational mind would vote for a mushroom party that is based on ethnicity?
People weigh their choices carefully and see that they have only one. PDP.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by koruji(m): 5:33am On Feb 20, 2012
Can you even explain what PDP's national ideology mean? Does it look to you that PDP is capable of bringing national cohesion to this country?

Corruption is worse than ever, sections of this country have had running conflicts for much of the last 12 years, the last election conducted by and for PDP was filled with open threats against one section of the country by another, all from within the same PDP party.

How can you call the bold-faced stealing of votes that PDP practices anything but a farce - 1999, 2003 and 2007 were a curse on elections. What happened in 2011 was painted as good and dandy, but in reality produced one of the worst election violence in Nigeria's history, and its effects are still evident in the activities of the BH group. Meanwhile, we have a president that says and does ridiculous stuff after promising "transformation".

Let me tell you the truth - PDP is a northern party managed by the same northern elite that had managed to dominate rulership in Nigeria both civilian and the army. That is the long and short of it. Their southern helpers are people of a name that I will not speak of, who have brought the same kind of "governmental ineptitude" that is pushing the north to the edge of the precipice down south. GEJ defied his "masters" by hijacking the party machinery to become president, and we know how much cooperation he is getting now. Even the PDP appointed CBN governor comes up with all manner of policies and statements that can only divide this country. National ideology, my foot !!!

Except for a couple of its governors in the southeast/south-south PDP officials nationwide are a bunch of feudalistic viziers well-trained in the acts of embezzlements and completely bereft of ideas of what makes a nation tick.

Finally, good and bad people will always be found in any party, so what really matters is whether a party's agenda is good for the nation. A good party cannot be destroyed by a bad individual, but a good individual can readily be destroyed by a bad party. PDP is a bad party where any potentially good adminstrator will be corrupted.

PDP's incompetence and shameless corruption will eventually kill Nigeria - a parasite that sucks its host to death will itself die soon.

jedisco:

Like it or not PDP is the only party with not just a national spread but also a national ideology.

I think from the recent past those putting Nigerias problems on PDP are not telling themselves the truth.
We all know how people jump from party to party during elections and all of a sudden we make a rouge a saint just because he has changed his party or is it that of a man installing his family members to run for any political position he likes
I can go on and list alot of governors both from PDP and the opposition who performed excellently and also those who did poorly.
I think we should be objective in our criticisms and not just because of someones party. I think any official that wants to work will do so irrespective of his party.

@alj harem
So are you saying we should vote people from the opposition just because they are from another party?
I really believe that no other party would have performed better than PDP all this while. Afterall is it not thesame politicians?
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by kelvincoll(m): 7:34am On Feb 20, 2012
And i'm supposed to be surprised huh? Congrats to him and to his people, we saw it coming though
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by jedisco(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2012
koruji:

Can you even explain what PDP's national ideology mean? Does it look to you that PDP is capable of bringing national cohesion to this country?

Corruption is worse than ever, sections of this country have had running conflicts for much of the last 12 years, the last election conducted by and for PDP was filled with open threats against one section of the country by another, all from within the same PDP party.

How can you call the bold-faced stealing of votes that PDP practices anything but a farce - 1999, 2003 and 2007 were a curse on elections. What happened in 2011 was painted as good and dandy, but in reality produced one of the worst election violence in Nigeria's history, and its effects are still evident in the activities of the BH group. Meanwhile, we have a president that says and does ridiculous stuff after promising "transformation".

Let me tell you the truth - PDP is a northern party managed by the same northern elite that had managed to dominate rulership in Nigeria both civilian and the army. That is the long and short of it. Their southern helpers are people of a name that I will not speak of, who have brought the same kind of "governmental ineptitude" that is pushing the north to the edge of the precipice down south. GEJ defied his "masters" by hijacking the party machinery to become president, and we know how much cooperation he is getting now. Even the PDP appointed CBN governor comes up with all manner of policies and statements that can only divide this country. National ideology, my foot !!!

Except for a couple of its governors in the southeast/south-south PDP officials nationwide are a bunch of feudalistic viziers well-trained in the acts of embezzlements and completely bereft of ideas of what makes a nation tick.

Finally, good and bad people will always be found in any party, so what really matters is whether a party's agenda is good for the nation. A good party cannot be destroyed by a bad individual, but a good individual can readily be destroyed by a bad party. PDP is a bad party where any potentially good adminstrator will be corrupted.

PDP's incompetence and shameless corruption will eventually kill Nigeria - a parasite that sucks its host to death will itself die soon.

I am not saying that PDP has done well. Infact their performance is far below average. But what I'm saying is that the opposition do not offer better prospects rather than just being 'the opposition'

PDPs national ideology may not be perfect but they are the party that believe in the one Nigeria slogan which is aided by their rotation policy (although I do not subscribe to this)
What we see in other parties are people who are tired of this country and want to protect their region from it whereas PDP is offering everyone a seat on the table
Just look at the last election where defeat was staring them in the face rather than unite and offer a viable opposition instead they choose defeat. Why? Because they could not suppress their selfish personal interests.
Whereas in PDP even with all the threats they managed to keep it within under the party and present us with one candidate.

You talk like its only PDP that rigs elections. All parties rig elections in areas where they have supporter majority. I've seen it done severally
The opposition can only become a viable option if they
1. Throw away their regional ideologies and unite into one with national interests and not god-fathered by one or two people.
2. If they stop accepting former PDP rogues
3. If they provide us with viable individuals of character and not hand picked ones or friends and relatives
4. If their elected officials perform well and not rely on the hardwork of one man to use as a face for their party
5. If they do away with their god fathers or promote more people to this status so that one man doesnt run the show.
Until then PDP will still lead the way

And please stop telling me to vote the opposition just because of that. This is exactly what Peter Obi used to ride to power (together with media publicity). Now look at his performance today.
With the way things are going, ACN may loose some state to PDP in the next elections
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by ziccoit: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2012
When PDP is going to crash, it gonna crash really bad.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by sunkoye: 8:52am On Feb 20, 2012
of course this cant happen in a more civilized environment like southwest angry
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by tunde300us(m): 9:09am On Feb 20, 2012
It is only in this country that a state government that is owing its workers for 3 month angry wins an election - ADAMAWA
It is also in this same country that primary school student have been at home for (4 months) and yet his party wins election again - KOGI

Please beaf and his cohorts shld stop this talk of a national party, all those elections were rigged.
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by seunlayi(m): 10:16am On Feb 20, 2012
jedisco:

I am not saying that PDP has done well. Infact their performance is far below average. But what I'm saying is that the opposition do not offer better prospects rather than just being 'the opposition'

PDPs national ideology may not be perfect but they are the party that believe in the one Nigeria slogan which is aided by their rotation policy (although I do not subscribe to this)
What we see in other parties are people who are tired of this country and want to protect their region from it whereas PDP is offering everyone a seat on the table
Just look at the last election where defeat was staring them in the face rather than unite and offer a viable opposition instead they choose defeat. Why? Because they could not suppress their selfish personal interests.
Whereas in PDP even with all the threats they managed to keep it within under the party and present us with one candidate.

You talk like its only PDP that rigs elections. All parties rig elections in areas where they have supporter majority. I've seen it done severally
The opposition can only become a viable option if they
1. Throw away their regional ideologies and unite into one with national interests and not god-fathered by one or two people.
2. If they stop accepting former PDP rogues
3. If they provide us with viable individuals of character and not hand picked ones or friends and relatives
4. If their elected officials perform well and not rely on the hardwork of one man to use as a face for their party
5. If they do away with their god fathers or promote more people to this status so that one man doesnt run the show.
Until then PDP will still lead the way

And please stop telling me to vote the opposition just because of that. This is exactly what Peter Obi used to ride to power (together with media publicity). Now look at his performance today.
With the way things are going, ACN may loose some state to PDP in the next elections
THIS ARE VITAL POINTS THAT PEOPLE FAILED TO LOOK INTO.

1 Like

Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by 76Naira(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2012
Who for win? Me?
Re: PDP’s Aliyu Wamakko Wins Sokoto Guber Poll by closearms3: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
what do you xpect from PDp , it would always be a win win win thing ,that why jona personally campaigned for all his broda hood in PDP , in this cult ,there is no tribalism, religious and ethnic crisis, just obey the cabal scripture .i said did times without numbers, as long as is PDP government ,they would always be re elected, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Secession Plot: Aregbesola Taking Students To Cuba For Military Training —PDP / Tinubu's Son, Seyi, Fails In Law School**ex-gov., Oyinlola; Segun Oni's Daughter / Septa Energy Opens Its New Gas Processing Plant In Eket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.