Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. (1881 Views)

Quotes For Atheists And Agnostics / Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:09am On Feb 20, 2012
There they go again, so-called atheist and agnostics who look for cheap excuses to qualify their stand against God's existence. "You can NEVER use a FINITE mind to understand an INFINITE God". Even from the so-called "rational perspective", won't it be a lot better to believe in the existence of God and live faithfully according to his rules, than to lead a life without God, die only to realize that he truly existed? To prove God's existence is as simple as ABC , but the truth is that atheists and agnostics will never even give a chance to be brought back to the right track at all; they look for excuses to justify their stand and turn a blind eye whenever/wherever they see truth.Of all the so-called claims against God's existence, has there been any clear/uncontroversial/flawless evidence for such a stand? Of course not! The talk about evolution , and use Hawking's Black hole theories

Everything about the modern day world are stated in the bible. The bible made it clear that salvation is free for all mankind, but is not cheap. A good number of atheist prefer to shy away from this truth (salvation).They want to be able to live life to the "fullest"; sleep with their galfriends( even some "Christians"do this) before marriage, consume alcohol to a drunken state, do whatever "good" or "bad" they want, and feel no remorse (moral) because they have eliminated any reasons to feel that way (after all there is no God right?). They look for cheap "freedom"(Freedom that will bring woes on the day of reckoning). Some of them even interpret their stance as 'liberalism" or "being neutral". To me, its the high point of cowardice; an inability to genuinely search for the truth to embrace it.
I must admit that the actions of many present day "churches" and "men of God" have made it a lot more difficult for you guys to believe in God, but the great thing is that all these were mentioned before hand in the bible. "For in the last days, there shall be corruption in the churches, many false prophets and preachers shall arise to mislead the people(, )"this warning was meant to pre-educate Christians about the present happenings in the Church. So many men of God preach doctrines that are based on materialism, but the funny thing is that they still attract large congregation of "Christians" despite the warnings in the bible. Jesus Christ said " I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me" and the bible; "For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul" Not even the world's best historians can disprove the Jesus' accounts in then bible so please people stop living in falsity. Not everything in this world exists in the physical realm and the earlier u began considering the truth, the better it will be for u. I can prove to any one that God exists any time, any day, and at any place. Share your thoughts guys.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Lasinoh: 5:04am On Feb 20, 2012
Na so e pain you reach ekwynwah? You had to start the thread twice? cheesy
Love is not by force.
I'd rather have Satan in my life than Jesus.
There! I believe in the bible. kiss

Please, lemme know when YOU can turn water into wine so I can pay you a visit.
For 'big business'! wink

Nne, I can see him working in your favor o!
I can see him fighting your battles!
I can see him on bringing your miracles!
He will SURELY do what he said he would do!!!

Amen? Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!! grin
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 20, 2012
About these 'last days',

can anyone tell me anything new that didnt happen during Jesus time? since humans began recording events? Hasnt there always been diseases? wars? earthquakes?

By the way, check up the meaning of agnosticism once again.
And if you think people dont believe in God so they can have an easy conscience, I wonder how you woukd interprete the actions of the idiotas/politicians that swear on Bibles, Quorans etc then go on to embezzle public funds,

The truth is this. Some atheists/agnostics are more Christ like than some Xtians,
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by 2good(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2012
ekwah:

There they go again, so-called atheist and agnostics who look for cheap excuses to qualify their stand against God's existence. "You can NEVER use a FINITE mind to understand an INFINITE God". Even from the so-called "rational perspective", won't it be a lot better to believe in the existence of God and live faithfully according to his rules, than to lead a life without God, die only to realize that he truly existed? To prove God's existence is as simple as ABC , but the truth is that atheists and agnostics will never even give a chance to be brought back to the right track at all; they look for excuses to justify their stand and turn a blind eye whenever/wherever they see truth.Of all the so-called claims against God's existence, has there been any clear/uncontroversial/flawless evidence for such a stand? Of course not! The talk about evolution , and use Hawking's Black hole theories

Everything about the modern day world are stated in the bible. The bible made it clear that salvation is free for all mankind, but is not cheap. A good number of atheist prefer to shy away from this truth (salvation).They want to be able to live life to the "fullest"; sleep with their galfriends( even some "Christians"do this) before marriage, consume alcohol to a drunken state, do whatever "good" or "bad" they want, and feel no remorse (moral) because they have eliminated any reasons to feel that way (after all there is no God right?). They look for cheap "freedom"(Freedom that will bring woes on the day of reckoning). Some of them even interpret their stance as 'liberalism" or "being neutral". To me, its the high point of cowardice; an inability to genuinely search for the truth to embrace it.
I must admit that the actions of many present day "churches" and "men of God" have made it a lot more difficult for you guys to believe in God, but the great thing is that all these were mentioned before hand in the bible. "For in the last days, there shall be corruption in the churches, many false prophets and preachers shall arise to mislead the people(, )"this warning was meant to pre-educate Christians about the present happenings in the Church. So many men of God preach doctrines that are based on materialism, but the funny thing is that they still attract large congregation of "Christians" despite the warnings in the bible. Jesus Christ said " I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me" and the bible; "For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul" Not even the world's best historians can disprove the Jesus' accounts in then bible so please people stop living in falsity. Not everything in this world exists in the physical realm and the earlier u began considering the truth, the better it will be for u. I can prove to any one that God exists any time, any day, and at any place. Share your thoughts guys.

Another daft christian. Stop ranting and quoting from some ancient book written by illiterates to explain phenomenons they didnt understand many of which science have explicitly explained with proof yet they still hold on to ignorance. You are the bigger coward because you threw away all sense of reasoning, allow people to think for you and accept all what you are thought in the church out of fear. You need to deliver yourself from the bondage of religion
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by UyiIredia(m): 7:06am On Feb 20, 2012
Lasinoh:

Na so e pain you reach ekwynwah? You had to start the thread twice? cheesy

No wahala.

Lasinoh:
Love is not by force.

Love is by force & is not by force. Any one you choose. You can love someone & keep quiet, or you can love someone & express that love.

Lasinoh:
I'd rather have Satan in my life than Jesus.
There! I believe in the bible. kiss

If Satan told you he & Jesus are brothers, what would be your reaction ?

Lasinoh:
Please, lemme know when YOU can turn water into wine so I can pay you a visit.
For 'big business'! wink

Hear me: Asking for signs & wonders makes you as stupid as the Christians you claim to be better than. Any supernatural act that becomes the norm is made natural by default. A supernatural thing can always be explained in strictly materialistic terms. Note that.

Lasinoh:
Nne, I can see him working in your favor o!
I can see him fighting your battles!
I can see him on bringing your miracles!
He will SURELY do what he said he would do!!!

Did you see God's pr*ck ? How aren't you sure God is a transsexual.

Lasinoh:
Amen? Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!! grin

As my people say, Ise !
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 20, 2012
If I started a thread twice, it must have been an error then. Calm down Lasinoh, nothing dey pain me at all. I have said all that I wanted. 2good, u called me daft? lol that's funny u know. grin what sense of reasoning are u talking about here? One that says the origin of life and the universe all came into being just like that? Or the one that says U and I developed from the simple level of micro organisms to the more complex level that we are now grin grin Abeg go sidon jare if e get anybody wey need to reason na u o. There will be no World if dia waz no God!! Simple and end of long story.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
@OP,
Tell me if you think the following story is true and try to explain your position.

There is a grey bearded man who lives with his wife and somelittle beings called elves in the north pole.
Throughtout the year, he along with his family members busy themselves making toys.
On December 24th of every year, he packs all the toys for all the children of the world in a bag, mounts the bag on a sleigh and pulls the sleigh by a retinue of 8 or 9 flying reindeer. The name of one of the reindeers is Rudolf. He flies arround all the houses in the world dropping through the chimneys and delivering gifts for all children. He finishes just before Chrismas morning and goes back to the north pole to prepare for another year. The name of this man is called Santa Claus
Do you think this story is true. If yes why? If no Why?
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^ Well I must say that the story sounds completely unbelievable from a "logical" perspective. There are no proofs to validate the story even though some people believe it. Making toys sounds very plausible but distributing it to all the good kids in the world sounds like a joke to me because there are no proofs that it ever happened undecided This however contrasts sharply with the Christian beliefs in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to give salvation to all Mankind. we define faith as "the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. " we believe in God because we have proofs, and have felt the power of his existence. I believe in God because I  have seen his power in miracles, signs and wonders and a list of other unbelievable happenings ( I must also add that some 'men of God" fake these things) and have also genuinely felt his power on me through the gift of the Holy spirit. Any reasons why you asked? Thanks.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 12:09am On Feb 21, 2012
Thank you so much for that answer.
Here is another story:
I was in my room one night.
Suddenly, my room became exceedingly bright.
Next thing I know there is an angel in my room.
He tells me an amazing story.
He says that there is a set of ancient golden plates
buried in the side of a hill in New York.
On them are the books of a lost race of Jewish
people who inhabited North America.
These plates bear inscriptions in the foreign
language of these people.
Eventually the angel leads me to the plates and lets
me take them home.
Even though the plates are in a foreign language,
the angel helps me to decipher and translate them.
Then the plates are taken up into heaven, never to
be seen again.
I have the book that I translated from the plates. It
tells of amazing things -- an entire civilization of
Jewish people living here in the United States
2,000 years ago.
And the resurrected Jesus came and visited these
people!
I also showed the golden plates to a number of real
people who are my eye witnesses, and I have their
signed attestations that they did, in fact, see and
touch the plates before the plates were taken up
into heaven.
Now, what would you say to me about this story?
Even though I do have a book, in English, that tells
the story of this lost Jewish civilization.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Lasinoh: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

No wahala.

Love is by force & is not by force. Any one you choose. You can love someone & keep quiet, or you can love someone & express that love.

If Satan told you he & Jesus are brothers, what would be your reaction ?

Hear me: Asking for signs & wonders makes you as silly as the Christians you claim to be better than. Any supernatural act that becomes the norm is made natural by default. A supernatural thing can always be explained in strictly materialistic terms. Note that.

Did you see God's pr*ck ? How aren't you sure God is a transsexual.

As my people say, Ise !

Please, say NO to drugs. . .expecially first thing in the morning.
You are really 'dafter' than I thought.
If your OMNI-IMPOTENT God had a prick. . . Holy Ghoat would not have phocked his wife for him for an only begotten son abi? grin
There shall be no "BARREN" in the house of your lord you know?
Say no to drugs abeg you! kiss
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2012
ekwah:

I believe in God because I  have seen his power in miracles, signs and wonders and a list of other unbelievable happenings ( I must also add that some 'men of God" fake these things) and have also genuinely felt his power on me through the gift of the Holy spirit. Any reasons why you asked? Thanks.

Please I have a friend who is an amputee, can your God heal him and restore his amputated limb back? Remember you claim t have seen miracles, also remember that there is NOTHING that your god can not do as claimed, so when can I send my friend to you so that your God can restore his amputated limbs. . .If Jesus did it according to the stories written about him and promised those of you that believe in him to do greater things than what was written about him, you should be able to restore my friends amputated limbs, no?. . . .Let us take you on your test remember you said. . .

ekwah:

I can prove to any one that God exists any time, any day, and at any place. Share your thoughts guys.

Prove to me that your God exist by restoring the limbs of my amputated friend. . .Here is what your bible says. . .

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14 :12-14

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:21
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by jayriginal: 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
ekwah:

There they go again, so-called atheist and agnostics . . . . . (and so on)

Which God would you advocate and why that particular one instead of the many thousands of other Gods ?
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by harakiri(m): 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
These religious zombies are at it again. Don't you have something more "interesting" to talk about e.g explain how a virgin can get pregnant without having $ex.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
The OP does not believe in Santa Clause yet he holds fast to his belief in God. The only difference between God and Santa is that the Bible spoke about one but said nothing about the other. If the bible had made mention of Santa Clause, Christians all over the world would be worshiping him. These few similarities that I managed to gather: All blessings flow from God, all christmas gifts flow from Santa. God has flying angels and one of them is called Michael, Santa has flying reindeers and one of them is called Rudolf. God lives in the sky while Santa Stays in the north pole. God does things in secret different people, Santa does his own benevolence in secret through the chimneys. God is omnipresent cos he can be everywhere everytime, Santa tours round the world in one night. One final similarity. Both Santa Clause and God are somewhat imaginary magical beings
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
harakiri:

These religious zombies are at it again. Don't you have something more "interesting" to talk about e.g explain how a virgin can get pregnant without having $ex.

She got pregnant by the power of the holy ghost you son of satan. . . Perfect explanation. . .
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by harakiri(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
mazaje:

She got pregnant by the power of the holy ghost you son of satan. . . Perfect explanation. . .

I didn't see that it way. Perhaps it's because i don't have "spiritual eyes" and "divine understanding". It all makes "perfect sense" now. That's for the info.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 22, 2012
dekung:

The OP does not believe in Santa Clause yet he holds fast to his belief in God. The only difference between God and Santa is that the Bible spoke about one but said nothing about the other. If the bible had made mention of Santa Clause, Christians all over the world would be worshiping him. These few similarities that I managed to gather: All blessings flow from God, all christmas gifts flow from Santa. God has flying angels and one of them is called Michael, Santa has flying reindeers and one of them is called Rudolf. God lives in the sky while Santa Stays in the north pole. God does things in secret different people, Santa does his own benevolence in secret through the chimneys. God is omnipresent cos he can be everywhere everytime, Santa tours round the world in one night. One final similarity. Both Santa Clause and God are somewhat imaginary magical beings

I've always thought the Santa character is eons ahead of biblical god. One commandment, "be good for goodness sake".
Plus he likes cookies and he won't send Rudolph to murder your kids because HE MADE your president "hard hearted".

Bible god has ten commandments, and the first four are about kissing his a$$ and preventing his over inflated ego from getting bruised.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by LogicMind: 1:04am On Feb 22, 2012
joshua commanded the sun to stand still. And the sun has been standing still since. Praise tha lawd!
a miracle happened to me this morning. I woke up with a mild headache but my panadol has finished. I had my bath but lo and behold, as the water hit my head, my headache subsided. There is no other explanation for this except as a divine intervention. Please give praises.
Another miracle: I was driving and the car in front of me stopped. There could have been a major accident but the most high put my right foot on the brake pedal forcing my car to stop. Praise be his name.
I can't wait to join him soon so i'll go and jump in the niger tomorrow.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 22, 2012
Listen up guys:
  I gave a pretty clear reason explaining why I do not believe in the story of  Santa Claus. I have told you that I have seen the power of God in action over my life (I sincerely had doubts before). When I talk about Christianity, I do not mean the one in which people cook up stories( It happens these days) and fake miracles to win others. I always talk about true Christianity; one in which the individual has a genuine personal relationship with God made possible by death and resurrection of Jesus Christ .
As for the guy who asked for a miracle
Miracles are not one sided things; they depend GREATLY on faith and one without faith can not experience it or make it happen. The performance of GENUINE miracles is a spiritual gift that comes to TRUE Christians  and is a function of how close one is to God and one's spiritual gifts. The gift of the Holy spirit and its power comes as one progresses gradually in building  a personal relationship with God. People on the other side (non Christians) will never comprehend this mystery because they depend solely on their senses, which differentiates them from Christians, who live by faith.Your friends leg was amputated, but you want me to pray for another one to grow before you accept Christ? Hmmm,  you just reminded me of those multitudes who followed Jesus just because he provided them with a enough food and water and  that of Thomas( the doubtful) who wanted Jesus to show him proofs before he would believe he(Jesus) was resurrected. There is no guarantee that your friend's leg can be "re-grown" through prayers because that is not exactly what Christianity is all about , although miracles of greater and more complex natures have occurred in MY PRESENCE.  I have received lots of genuine prophecies that have come to pass; my residence here in the US despite the horrible financial background that I come from is one typical example (I am a student). Christianity is all about God searching for man, who He loves so dearly. Just give him a chance, you have absolutely nothing to lose. Give him a chance and you will never regret it.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by mazaje(m): 3:55am On Feb 22, 2012
ekwah:

As for the guy who asked for a miracle
Miracles are not one sided things; they depend GREATLY on faith and one without faith can not experience it or make it happen. The performance of GENUINE miracles is a spiritual gift that comes to TRUE Christians  and is a function of how close one is to God and one's spiritual gifts. The gift of the Holy spirit and its power comes as one progresses gradually in building  a personal relationship with God.

This is NOT what the bible says. . .The bible is very clear. . .Belief in Jesus is ALL you need. . .By the way my friend who is an amputee is a bible believing christian. . . .He STRONGLY believes in the bible. . . .When will you pray to Jesus to restore his amputated limbs?. . . .Again, prove to me that your God exist by restoring the limbs of my amputated friend. . .Here is what your bible says. . .

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14 :12-14

STOP hiding your long tail between your legs and take up the challenged remember you said you can prove that your God exist any day any time and any where, lets take the bible by its word and see how you will fare. . . .

People on the other side (non Christians) will never comprehend this mystery because they depend solely on their senses, which differentiates them from Christians, who live by faith.Your friends leg was amputated, but you want me to pray for another one to grow before you accept Christ? Hmmm,  you just reminded me of those multitudes who followed Jesus just because he provided them with a enough food and water and  that of Thomas( the doubtful) who wanted Jesus to show him proofs before he would believe he(Jesus) was resurrected. There is no guarantee that your friend's leg can be "re-grown" through prayers because that is not exactly what Christianity is all about , although miracles of greater and more complex natures have occurred in MY PRESENCE.

There is no guarantee that my friend's amputated limbs will grow because you are completely deluded. . Do you not believe in the bible anymore?. . . You told that you can even tell a mountian to go and throw itself inside a sea and it will obey you. . . . I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:21

Will you say that prayer already and restore the amputated limbs of my bible believing friend?. . .You have never seen any miracle like the restoration of an amputated limbs so STOP LYING. . . .
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 22, 2012
I never said I have seen the restoration of an amputated leg my bro. I said I have seen GREATER. I think that was pretty clear or wan't it? I don't cook up stories bro, I am too busy for that.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 22, 2012
@mazaje lol it seems you are all out to prove God's "non-existence" right? good luck with that. I have said it earlier, it is a mystery that non-believers will never understand. Truly all that you have mentioned are in the bible (which I staunchly believe in). Christians have different spiritual gifts as described by Paul in the bible, I may not have the gift of healing, but I AM A PHYSICAL witness to it. The belief in Jesus is NOT all you need my bro because the bible says "Faith without work is useless" and that we should be " the doers of the word and not the hearers only". I am not here to make a religious argument with you because I know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Unlike people like you, I have searched for the truth, seen it, felt it, and staunchly believe in it because I have over a thousand reasons to. U still don't get the gist do you? True Christianity is peace for Jesus said "and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." It's just unfortunate that so many churches today paint a very bad picture of Christianity just as predicted in the bible about the last days and that makes it pretty difficult for unbelievers to comprehend what's really on with the religion. Just keep an open heart, give Jesus Christ a chance in your life and you will NEVER regret it. Mind you I am not as gullible as you think so using the word "deluded" doesn't apply to me at all. you are on the wrong bus my bro, believe me.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 22, 2012
Let me also ask.
What do atheist really think about the beginning of Life? and what happens thereafter? i just wanna know.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 5:12am On Feb 22, 2012
@ekwah,
Let me ask you too a question. What do you think will happen if at the end of the day after death you realise that your religious belief is not the true one. You realise the true god is actually vishnu or krishna as against Yahweh or Yeshuwa?
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 22, 2012
lol are you kidding me? You still don't get me o. I said there is every proof that there is a God, who loves us so much that he came down to earth in human form to liberate you and I and give us a chance to be saved from evil ways. There is no possibility that it happened otherwise. To even put on your glasses oga mi, I have nothing to lose if the was "no God". Jesus Christ said " I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me'. From a "neutral perspective", the teachings of true Christianity; its values and emphasis on a father-child relationship with God makes so much sense that one can not dispute its teachings in comparison to other religions. It says salvation is FREE/BONANAZA/AWUF only if one is willing to serve God in truth and in spirit (which is not easy I must confess, but is made possible by God's enabling grace). If you look closely and objectively, no other religion compares to TRUE Christianity.

Also tell me what you think about the origin of life on earth Mr.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 7:23am On Feb 22, 2012
You still havent answered my question. I said what if your belief in the Bible God proves to be wrong? What if the true God is Vishnu or Krishna or Ra or the Mayan god and not your yahweh? I did not ask my question from the premise of no God, even though there are overwhelming evidences that show this, I want to rather come from your theistic standpoint.
As for the origin of life, I cant say specifically that this or that is what brought life on earth but evolution is scoring better points than creation given the micro evolution that we see everyday.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2012
evolution? ok o I hear. I think I answered your question; It is not possible. The possibility is zero and that's just it. You and I may disagree on that, but you must agree that you are talking about an imaginary situation here. Of course any one who is on the wrong path to God and attempts to reach Him by doing the wrong things, will not be saved. "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God".

Do you think that with the faultless teachings/flawless doctrine of TRUE Christianity, it is on the wrong path to God or that such possibility exists? I don't think so.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 22, 2012
And just to add. Please educate me on these overwhelming evidences that prove the non-existence of God. I wanna see what atheists see in these evidences that make them(evidences) absolutely true.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 8:09am On Feb 22, 2012
How can you say it is impossible? People who believed in these Gods are as sure as you are of your God that they are right. You did not even explain why it is impossible or what makes those other Gods false and yours real. Its like I ask you are you sure your BB is actually original and you tell me it is impossible. why? Because the person I bought it from says it is original. Please, I don't want to sound insulting but try and come up with a more logical presentation.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2012
I will direct you to some books.
1) Age of reason by Thomas Paine
2) Examination of the prophesies by thomas paine
3) Biblical Nonsense by jason long www.biblicalnonsense.com/index2.html
4) godisimaginary.com/
All these are freely available on the internet. Just do some reading. I, like most other anti-theist here, have read the bible, qur'an and several religios materials, thus when I tell people to read its because I want them to learn like i learnt.
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2012
I keep wondering,
If GOD is really existing, Why is it difficult for him to make me bliv He does?
Re: For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics. by dekung(m): 8:48am On Feb 22, 2012
The fact that prayers are NEVER answeres is one proof that God probably does not exist. Yesn you might claim prayers have been answered because some dead guy came back and relayed stories about heaven and hell, or that you have seen miracles happening but the truth is most of the events are probabilistic. For example if you claim that you witnessed a man being raised from the dead, how come several people died yet never even raised when they got to church. Sometime ago I met a man who was involved in a car accident, he along with his friend were actually thrown out of the car's windshield as it was summersaulting. Both he and his friend were pronounced dead on arrival. A few hours later they were moved to the mortuary and as the mortuary attendant was preparing him she noticed a scarf arround his neck and as she was about to remove the scarf she felt a faint pulse on his neck. That was how the guy survived and is able to tell the story.
my point is If immidiately he was moved from the accident scene he was taken to a church, the man of god would have said he raised the dead. Answered prayers like I said are just probabilities if not how come no amputee has EVER been restored. That would have been the greatest confirmation of answered prayers not events that still have to depend on something else. It was even alleged that some of Benny Hinn's miracle claims were hoaxes.
Another thing is that your God is too invisible to be real. Have you heard the phrase 'absence of evidence is evidence of absence'. There are no evidence of God, He is all in the imagination of His believers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex Ministries: On Roman Catholic, Protestant and Antichrist / OMG! See This 7 Headed Snake / When Jehovah Witness Members Come Visiting (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.