Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? (6549 Views)

Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / God Is Not Democratic, Why Should You As A Christain Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
I have been oppurtuned to come across horoscope readings and i have mainly found that it almost always affects my day, I don't want to become obsessed but it is wrong for a Christian to even read such materials? How come the predictions are true?
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Image123(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
Yep, stop reading them. Don't allow stargazing to manipulate your life. God has a better plan in the long run.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Goshen360(m): 10:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
Image123:

Yep, stop reading them. Don't allow stargazing to manipulate your life. God has a better plan in the long run.

Can't but agree 100%. Better read the word of the living God than horoscope. Acts 20:32 (NIV)

"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

God bless you.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Ptolomeus(m): 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
I do not believe horoscope predictions are true.
But I do know that the vast majority of Catholics read the horoscope and resort to means of divination múltipes and many also resort to witchcraft ,
Anyone know what is the book of Saint Cyprian , ??
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by emofine2(f): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
mkmyers45:

I have been oppurtuned to come across horoscope readings and i have mainly found that it almost always affects my day, I don't want to become obsessed but it is wrong for a Christian to even read such materials? How come the predictions are true?

The thoughts you allow to govern your mind will surely affect you. What is so real about them? How can one be convinced by vague and vain predictions?

You as as an alleged Christian can underrate your own God by believing that 7 billion people are managed by only 12 destinies?
I sure hope the horoscopes predicts for you an eternity in heaven undecided

@believers a genuine question: Does astrology play a role in your individual faith/religion?
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
Never really believed in all these astrology stuff. Better to stick with the Word I know.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by ayodele123(m): 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
For us Christians, horoscope reading is idolatry and a grieveous sin against God.
Avoid it totally
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by jmoore(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
horoscope is horror, flee from it. I find it so disturbing that some folks call themselves "cancer" .
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by olyivy(f): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ptolomeus:

But I do know that the vast majority of Catholics read the horoscope and resort to means of divination múltipes and many also resort to witchcraft ,
Book of St. Cyprian? In which Bible version?

Fool!!!

If only you can live your own life and quit peddling lies and also leave Catholics out of your shortcomings, the world will be a better place.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Any catholican to confirm this? \

Anyway check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Book_of_Saint_Cyprian

http://brazilweirdnews..com/2010/08/book-of-saint-cyprian.html
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
Don't mind d fool.I wonder why he is dragging st cyprian and the catholic church into this topic
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
emöfine:

The thoughts you allow to govern your mind will surely affect you. What is so real about them? How can one be convinced by vague and vain predictions?

You as as an alleged Christian can underrate your own God by believing that 7 billion people are managed by only 12 destinies?
I sure hope the horoscopes predicts for you an eternity in heaven undecided

@believers a genuine question: Does astrology play a role in your individual faith/religion?

How sure are you that what you believe in is not astrology?
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by omaojo1: 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
Many Bible Verses says it is wonng. See here- http://www.openbible.info/topics/horoscopes
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by akin33(m): 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
Horoscop is demonic, wizard and nichromizer.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Shola2009(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^ Calm down jorr!! angry grin no be only demonic. . .
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by gorociano: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
The wisemen who came to Jesus saw a star and recognised it as the star of a great king. = Astrology. They even followed it to the point of the birth = Astronomy. If God can send an Angel to appear to this people and send them the other way from Herod, who are we not to believe astrological readings? I've found that the ones on howstuffworks.com are uncannily true,
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
gorociano:

The wisemen who came to Jesus saw a star and recognised it as the star of a great king. = Astrology. They even followed it to the point of the birth = Astronomy. If God can send an Angel to appear to this people and send them the other way from Herod, who are we not to believe astrological readings? I've found that the ones on howstuffworks.com are uncannily true,

Exactly
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by ekitikan(m): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
mkmyers45:

How sure are you that what you believe in is not astrology?

very very untrue,there are far more things that govern the life of men than the physical.the physical is just the manifestation of the spiritual.

mkmyers45:

Exactly

Thank you jare,the pastors and reverend gentlemen would not let you know how they get to make some of their prophecy as to you it would be demonic or unorthordox
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by TrueBeliever: 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
think for yourslef
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
olyivy:

Book of St. Cyprian? In which Bible version?

Fool!!!

If only you can live your own life and quit peddling lies and also leave Catholics out of your shortcomings, the world will be a better place.

Dear Madam.
I regret that you did not read correctly. It ubeno think when you read something.
I did not say that the book of St. Cyprian is in the Bible ,
Please read, then give reasons, and then write.
Some people have the fastest hands the brain and that's not good.
I too am very sorry that you disqualify me ,
I do not answer such things, I put forward my point of view with respect and courtesy.
No one has to coincide with me, but I do not speak on the forum to offend anyone.
Peace be with you.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by sleekman(m): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ignorance they say is a disease & in my view the most dangerous. As an astrologer & a christian I believe I'm in d best position to  educate most of u here. Time measurements is a child of astrology so also is astronomy. 24hrs in a day, 7days in a week, 12months in a year, 365days in a year are all borne out of astrology.
Now astrologers of old, what they did was to classify people with like traits into groups. These groups are numerous. For instance, when we're born an astrologer can predict with a 70-95% accuracy your nature, if you're accident prone, sickness prone, going to be wealthy, popular, infamous etc. These predictions are not written in stone because God's power supercedes all and only he can change any circumstance.  People with dis traits were now identified with signs, planets etc. Astrology has nothing 2 do with voodoo, witchcraft etc.
If ure a christian I'll draw ur attention to Genesis chapter 1:14, the 3 wise men and several other passages. In d days of old, our forefathers began the planting of yams when the Orion(a constellation of stars with 4 stars at the edges and 3 in d middle diagonally) was at a particular location(country in the sky.
With astrology I can predict when there'll be reversals in d markets, I can also tell if I'll be trading successfully or if I should take a break. Astrology can make u know things about urself u weren't aware of. If u doubt d veracity of these claims, post ur birth time, day, month & year. U'll be surprised how accurate these readings can be.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by sleekman(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
pls be aware of d fact that these predictions are based purely on mathematics and a history of people that have had similar traits in d past.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Horus(m): 1:04am On Feb 22, 2012
The word Horoscope come from Horus-scope. For three days, the sun is fixed on the sundial at the same place. It then moves again in the lunar logging in the 25th points in December; this was its rebirth, the sun was reborn. It begins its annual journey in the lunar logging in the 25th point in December. As you know, within the false religion of Christianity, you are taught that Jesus was supposedly born in the lunar logging in the 25th point in December. This is all symbolic of the sun in Egypt that was born or reborn. It's called solar biology or simply Horus-scope, horoscope.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by LeJeun3: 1:26am On Feb 22, 2012
@Sleekman, Ur doing ur job and I appreciate that. But never mislead other, I don't know how strong ur faith is but I hope U realise that their people whose lives r now guided by d various Horoscopes? Do U think it is right? All d examples U gave of d so called use of d Horoscope in the Bible did it involve a Christian? Whether d star went or not d Birth of Jesus was already prophesied. Thank U! As Christians we worship one greater than d stars.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by igbo2011(m): 6:56am On Feb 22, 2012
Horus:

The word Horoscope come from Horus-scope. For three days, the sun is fixed on the sundial at the same place. It then moves again in the lunar logging in the 25th points in December; this was its rebirth, the sun was reborn. It begins its annual journey in the lunar logging in the 25th point in December. As you know, within the false religion of Christianity, you are taught that Jesus was supposedly born in the lunar logging in the 25th point in December. This is all symbolic of the sun in Egypt that was born or reborn. It's called solar biology or simply Horus-scope, horoscope.
This man is an intellectual. This was talked about in Zeitgeist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by bisi16(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2012
The Church doesn't want you and I to know that astrology is part Christianity coz if you do, you wouldn't need the Church. Just go to youtube.com and search "zeitgeist" videos.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by kodewrita(m): 7:21am On Feb 22, 2012
Christians should learn from the story of saul and the witch of endor . God is against divination.

What would be the point of prayer to god if our lives are already fixed in the stars? If you are already fated to be a sinner, would it be right for a just GOD to judge you and send you to hell.

Don't let the astrologers and lost creatures take away your chance at salvation.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by JonahFish(m): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2012
The reason why religious violence would not cease is because if fanaticism. Simple question: "Should A Christian Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction?" and somebody is discussing denominations, mentioning Catholics. I've just gone through Wikipedia on the Book of St. Cyprian and discovered that even the Catholic Church forbids its members fro reading it. You can check it out for yourself below:

The Great Book of Saint Cyprian
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (February 2009)

The Great Book of Saint Cyprian (Portuguese: O Antigo Livro de São Cipriano: Capa de Aço) is a book that deals with the occult. The book is written in Portuguese and Spanish and has been published in several editions with varying titles.

[edit] Authorship

Although the book refers to Saint Cyprian, the Cyprian referred to is without doubt the legendary sorcerer and later Christian convert, bishop, and saint, Cyprian of Antioch who was martyred together with Justina. The actual book appeared centuries after his death and could not possibly have been written by him. In fact the first known edition came out in 1849. According to the full title "it was the Book of Saint Cyprian, taken from a manuscript. Made by the Saint himself, who teaches how to undo all the spells made by the Moors in this Kingdom of Portugal, and also how to find the places where riches can be found." [1][2]
[edit] History

The book was taken from Portugal to Brazil and became widely used in popular religion, especially Umbanda and Candomblé. Several editions of the work appear as "Great and True"; "The Only Complete One"; "Authentic"; "In a Black Cape"; "In a Steel Cape". All explain that Saint Cyprian, the sorcerer of Antioch is not the same as the famous bishop of Carthage. All contain instructions to priests on how to cure disease; evil spells and exorcisms; a list of 174 treasures of Galicia; the Prayer of the Guardian Angel; 50 mysteries of witchcraft from the time of the Moors (including medicine); treasure of magic (for example, way to capture a little devil making a pact with Satan; black magic to destroy a marriage; a skull lit up with candles of grease to do evil to a person); an explanation of hidden powers of hatred and love; the hidden powers of magnetism; prayers of popular religiosity (Magnificat, Cross of Saint Benedict, Dream of Our Lady, Dearly beloved Jesus Christ, a prayer to aid the sick in the hour of death) and the prayer of the Black Goat; and so on.
[edit] Attitudes

Catholics and many Christians consider it a sin to possess it or even to touch it. Some owners of book shops keep it chained inside a box. In Portugal, it is believed that reading the book back to front will attract the Devil.
[edit] See also

Cyprianus

[edit] References

^ Cited in the magazine O Archeologo Português, Vol.XXIII. Lisboa, Imprensa Nacional, 1918. p.223.
^ Religiosidade Popular

[edit] External links

Religiosidade Popular
Spectrum Gothic

This page was last modified on 7 October 2011 at 11:00.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by nwanioma(f): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2012
Horoscopes are a form of divination—seeking knowledge of the future and other unknown matters via the occult. The Church rejects horoscopes, along with all other forms of divination. This includes "astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums." These attempts to "unveil" the future "all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers"

The Catholic church rejects any form of divination!
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by dave247(m): 11:10am On Feb 22, 2012
Ptolomess!!! Are you a Catholic Christian or u just dey talk? Plz, speak of what you believe, catholics do not believe in "Horoscope"!!! It make you feel Bad when your is being decide by predictions. That stuff is Associated wit fortune tellers n d Bible kick against dat, so live ur life 2 honour God n believe his ur everything, No hard Feelins Man, Thanx Always!
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by joinnow: 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2012
God condemns astrologyScience knows of no such force. If astrology works at all, it would have to work with a force, or forces, outside of the “real universe.” But remembering that astrology has its roots in ancient Babylon, where the stars and planets were worshiped as gods, it should not be surprising that the source of its influence is not from the “real universe” but from the supernatural.
The Power Behind Astrology
The Bible shows that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one,” Satan the Devil, who is an invisible but powerful spirit creature capable of controlling and manipulating people and events on earth. (1 John 5:19) By maneuvering things to make certain predictions appear to come true, Satan and the demons have successfully captured the people’s fancy and turned astrology into a cult.
Significantly, though, what sort of predictions are those that have supposedly come true? Are they not mostly about death, murders, assassinations, disasters—things sinister and macabre, characteristically satanic and demonic? The simple truth is that astrology is one of “the machinations of the Devil” that he uses to control and influence people to serve his purpose.—Ephesians 6:11.
What is that purpose? “The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ,” answers the Bible. (2 Corinthians 4:4, Revised Standard Version) To that end, astrology has served its master well. Australian astrophysicist Vince Ford observed: “Astrology has become a sort of a religion but it is quite unprovable . . . All I can say is that I’m sorry those who believe in it don’t take responsibility for their actions rather than blaming them on the poor old stars.”
In the eighth century B.C.E., the prophet Isaiah was inspired to issue a taunting challenge to the astrologers: “Let them stand up, now, and save you, the worshipers of the heavens, the lookers at the stars, those giving out knowledge at the new moons concerning the things that will come upon you.”—Isaiah 47:13.
One who believes in astrology gives in to the fatalistic view that ‘whatever will be will be’ because ‘it is written in the stars.’ This is tantamount to denying the will of God or the responsibility of humans to act according to that will.
So rather than look to the stars for signs and omens to guide our lives, what can we learn from the stars? Yes, what can the stars tell us? The next article offers an answer.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by joinnow: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
What Can the Stars Tell You?
THE starry heavens on a clear night are truly a magnificent sight, even to the naked eye. The silvery moon, the countless twinkling stars, the glimmering Milky Way—all of them appear so serene, so mysterious. It is only natural that one wonders: ‘Why are they there? Are they trying to tell us something?’
Since time immemorial, men have been trying to find the answers to these perplexing questions. Only relatively recently, however, have scientists begun to perceive how unsearchably vast the material universe is and, in comparison, what a tiny, insignificant speck the earth is. How absurd it is to imagine that all the thousands of millions of galaxies of stars, millions of light-years away, are there just to spell out our life and fate! They must have something far grander to tell us.
A Clear Message
Although some, as we have seen, endeavor to read in the stars mystical signs and omens, to ever so many people, the grandeur of the starry heavens conveys a lofty and elevated message that stirs their deepest feelings of awe and reverence. “The natural laws of the universe are so precise,” observed space scientist Wernher von Braun, “that . . . these laws must have been set by somebody.” Similarly, regarding the “orderliness of the whole universe about us,” former astronaut John Glenn noted that the only logical conclusion is that “some Power put all this into orbit and keeps it there.”
However, it does not take a highly trained professional or a great scientist to perceive this. For example, an ancient Hebrew king, moved by such a sight, uttered poetically what may well summarize the natural response of most of us. He wrote:
“The heavens are declaring the glory of God;

And of the work of his hands the expanse is telling.
One day after another day causes speech to bubble forth,
And one night after another night shows forth knowledge.
There is no speech, and there are no words;
No voice on their part is being heard.
Into all the earth their measuring line has gone out,
And to the extremity of the productive land their utterances.”—Psalm 19:1-4.
Just as a masterful painting tells us something about the genius and skill of the artist, so the stars, without speech, words, and voice, are telling us something. No, not that they are charmed or that they, in some way, are influencing our personality and fate. Rather, the order and design manifest in the stellar heavens convey the clear message that they are the handiwork of an intelligent and powerful Designer and Creator. As the apostle Paul put it: “His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship.”—Romans 1:20.
So, what do the stars tell us? That the Creator, in his wisdom and love, has provided not only physical laws to govern the intricate operations of the universe around us but also moral laws to guide us in our fast-paced and changeable society. No, God did not make us like pieces on a chessboard, whose “character” is predetermined and whose “moves” are controlled by the player. Rather, he provided us with moral laws that can help us to act wisely, but as free moral agents, it is up to us to accept and apply these God-given moral laws.
Where are these laws found? The apostle Paul tells us: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) Yes, the inspired Word of God, the Bible, contains beneficial guidelines for all human activities. For this reason, the Bible urges us: “Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight. Do not become wise in your own eyes. Fear Jehovah and turn away from bad.”—Proverbs 3:5-7.
credit JW awake 1989

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland / Pastor Orr Shocks His Congregation As He Flies Into Church During Service / Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.