Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,605 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" (8324 Views)

Wife Pours Hot Water On Husband For Denying Her Sex For 3 Weeks (photo) / How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by dave247(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2012
i really don't know why people act the way they do, They are teling us that they are after their brother's wealth and other relateds, what about his families(wife &kids), hw will they cope since he is not there for them again
Here is my story we losted an uncle few months ago, he's got a wife n a kid, i told myself dat everytin dat belongs to my uncle is hers n dat nobodi is having any except she decide to re-marry again. Then we go do d right tin, Fear God
Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by drnoel: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
Basics007:

This is my thought too. I'm not saying it's a lie but it doesnt add up somehow. A woman strong enough to secure her hubby's properties should be strong enough to throw a scare into any prying relatives

maybe but wat of if there are other things that makes her unable 2 do so
Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by drnoel: 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
Basics007: This is my thought too. I'm not saying it's a lie but it doesnt add up somehow. A woman strong enough to secure her hubby's properties should be strong enough to throw a scare into any prying relatives

maybe don't 4get she has 2 be careful cos she has children. At the end of the day she may not want her children 2 suffer cos their father is late, although they are well taken care of by her late husbands investments. Beside this family stuff na careful de dey take do am.
Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by blacklion(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2012
Amacaco: Issues relating to inheritance are governed by law in Nigeria. It is called the Law of Succession and inheritance. The rights of spouses to each other's property after death are determined by the status of their marriage before death. Succession and inheritance for marriages contracted under English Law or the Marriage Act are governed by English law in which case the Wife is entitled fully to the property of her husband before Children and other brothers and sisters of the deceased. Where they were married under Islamic laws, that law is used to determine the right to inherit. But in circumstances where they were married under customary law, the customary law of the man comes into play. Customary laws vary from place to place and need to be specifically proved in court.
In matrilineal Societies as opposed to patrilineal, the property of a dead man rightfully and by law belongs to the brothers and sisters of the deceased. Similarly, the properties of a deceased woman belongs to her relatives and not her husband unless the person has made a will before his death. This is so in Matrilineal Communities like Abriba, Nkporo, Ohafia (all in Abia State), as well as Edda, Afikpo, Amasiri in Ebonyi State. Such matrilineal system also exist in some parts of South Africa. No court has declared such custom as repugnant to natural justice as at today. Today men who want to avoid the strict application of that customary law can make wills, give gifts to their wife and children while alive, buy properties in the name of their spouses, or invest heavily in the education and establishment of their children.

Thanks for bringing up this issue. Most of us come from patrilineal communities and we are so used to the concept of wives/children inheriting the deceased man's property that we forget there are other societies in which the norm is different.
Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by drnoel: 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2012
blacklion:

Thanks for bringing up this issue. Most of us come from patrilineal communities and we are so used to the concept of wives/children inheriting the deceased man's property that we forget there are other societies in which the norm is different.

this is interesting
Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by tpiaT: 9:51pm On May 16, 2015
front page plz, some nlers might not know the bible is against such practices.

1 Like

Re: Denying Husbands Brothers/cousins Their Said "conjugal Rights" by drnoel: 9:40pm On May 26, 2015
tpiaT:
front page plz, some nlers might not know the bible is against such practices.

Give bible verse pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Insists I Remove My Maiden Name From My Name / Help My Husband's Addiction Is Really Killing Me. / Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.