Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? (7174 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Politics Of Development. And Underdevelopment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
GROUP mobilisation using ethnic, religious or class sentiments is a strategy which political elites in Nigeria often use to gain the support of the dominated citizens to give them political legitimacy. They often do this to gain the support of their constructed identity group or sub-groups, irrespective of the consequences to others.

Hence, many politicians in Nigeria prefer to project themselves along ethnic, religious, or regional lines which have been reinforced by Nigeria’s colonial and post-colonial history and the failure of the national socio-political developmental strategies to make Nigerians full citizens of any part of the country in which they are resident. The reason why Mallam Sanusi Lamido, the Central Bank Governor, should regress to this strategy in his interview with the Financial Times of London requires further examination.

As the chief official at the apex of the banking industry, the only plausible reason why Mallam Sanusi Lamido may have ventured into this recursive strategy in Nigerian politics may be that, like many other politico-bureaucrats, he is posturing for the 2015 elections.

He has the right to aspire for any higher office, if he so chooses, but what is unacceptable and most undignified, is his desire to denigrate the cry of the Niger-Delta people for true federalism, by ascribing the underdevelopment of the Northern part of Nigeria to the 13 percent oil allocation, distributed from oil and gas revenue to some Niger-Delta states.

In the first place, [b]the injustice of his claim starts with the assumption that the aforesaid allocations was an agreement entered into between the exploited oil producing states and other federating units. His counterfactual premise is a double edge sword into the heart of the cause of oil producing states, because at one point it assumes that the exploited states are awash with funds from federal revenue and thus satisfied with this arrangement, and attempts to stymie any further discussion on the basis of the allocation in the first instance, by implying that for the oil producing states their benefits are superfluous. To further worsen the mortal wound on the oil producing states, he blames this arrangement for the developmental regression of Northern states.

But, the fact is, no-oil producing state or other states of the federation consulted before an allocation of 13 per cent in section 162 of the constitution for ‘’any natural resorces’’ applicable to all states was reached. This allocation was the creation of a military dictatorship which also created a constitution and asserted that Nigerians did so. Therefore, the claim of Mallam Lamido that these states are awash with federal revenue is to turn the argument on its head.
[/b]
In fact, the Nigerian Federal Government treasury is awash with funds from oil producing states, confiscated from them by military fiat and legitimized by an imposed constitution, created without consultation or referendum by Nigerians. But that argument is for another day and should not make it necessary to digress from the main issue; the hot potato of falsehood, dropped by Mallam Lamido to the effect that the 13 per cent allocation causes under-development in the North, a claim that requires historical and factual refutation to obviate its propagation.

[b]So why are most parts of the North underdeveloped in comparison with many Southern states? It is important to make the distinction that not all parts of the North are impoverished for the same reasons that all parts of the South are not developed to the same extent. This distinction brings to the fore the underlying reasons for greater development in some parts of the South of Nigeria. The foundational problem for regression in the development of the North has long been identified by its own elites and lies in its “suspicions of Western education”; these phrase is paraphrased because those were the exact words of Professor Jubril Aminu, although like many other northern elites, Professor Aminu only mentioned this underlying cause in passing, while blaming sectionalism in university admission for the potential regression of the North. What Professor Aminu, however, failed to point out, because of his jaundiced views, was that states in the North like North Central states that are not hostile to Western education, were also far ahead of those which were hostile in terms of human capital development.[/b]

What Professor Aminu feared in the ’80s as a dangerous portent for Northern development, was first identified in 1952, as quoted by the learned Professor himself when he cited the alarm of a delegation of the British Inter-university Council for Higher Education in the Colonies, which noted in its visit to the University College Ibadan at that time, that the North had very few students enrolled in the university.

[b]But while Professor Aminu blamed ethnic preferences and favouritism for the higher number of students from the “advanced” states, as he puts it, for the disparities, just as Mallam Lamido blames the 13 per cent allocation in his recent interview, few Northern elites will point to the visionary social policies of Obafemi Awolowo, who introduced universal free education to the Western region, including the current Edo and Delta states, the areas which all currently account for the highest university enrollments and relatively higher human capital development in Nigeria.Fewer still Northern elites will acknowledge the fact that Awolowo built the first regional agricultural settlement in Nigeria, the first groups of industrial estates and the first television media even ahead of Spain, because he was developing the human capital to effectively utilize these projects. Western Nigeria Television taken over by the Federal Goverment of Nigeria, now called NTA, was established by Chief Awolowo.[/b]

Dr. ANTHONY MUDIAGA, a medical practitionner, wrote from Abuja.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/is-13-to-niger-delta-cause-of-northern-underdevelopment/
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
I shall wait for the Sanusi defenders to come an refute this.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by DRANOEL(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
oga, just as awo was doing all that in the west the saudana was doing same in the north i.e abu zaria (the biggest university in w.africa),northern textile industries, etc.

while not totally agreeing with sanusi but the truth is while the ND With a small population is getting fat cheques from the central govt.,northern nigeria with it's large number is getting meagre. this has widened the gap and created room for bokoharamist!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
But while Professor Aminu blamed ethnic preferences and favouritism for the higher number of students from the “advanced” states, as he puts it, for the disparities, just as Mallam Lamido blames the 13 per cent allocation in his recent interview, few Northern elites will point to the visionary social policies of Obafemi Awolowo, who introduced universal free education to the Western region, including the current Edo and Delta states, the areas which all currently account for the highest university enrollments and relatively higher human capital development in Nigeria.Fewer still Northern elites will acknowledge the fact that Awolowo built the first regional agricultural settlement in Nigeria, the first groups of industrial estates and the first television media even ahead of Spain, because he was developing the human capital to effectively utilize these projects. Western Nigeria Television taken over by the Federal Goverment of Nigeria, now called NTA, was  established by Chief  Awolowo.

there was free education in every part of nigeria including the north , churches, missionaries and state school were literally giving out gifts to parents just to allow their children go to school in both east and north so this free education myth will not fly. secondly the south east states of anambra,imo and abia along with delta and rivers have the highest university enrollment and not the southwest, thirdly awods policies did not benefit people in edo and delta hence their voting for a midwest state due to gross marginalisation by the yorubas, we should have passed the age of false propaganda by now.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
DRANOEL:

oga, just as awo was doing all that in the west the saudana was doing same in the north i.e abu zaria (the biggest university in w.africa),northern textile industries, etc.

while not totally agreeing with sanusi but the truth is while the ND With a small population is getting fat cheques from the central govt.,northern nigeria with it's large number is getting meagre. this has widened the gap and created room for bokoharamist!

niger delta should be getting even fatter cheques cause it is their money , go and rebuild your groundnut pyramids or maybe when you stop lynching innocent citizens especially those that came to invest maybe things will get better in the north.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
DRANOEL:

Not to be rude but I hope you know this resource comes from our land? Even though oil from my land goes to the North for development, I cannot go to this same North and contest for an election or be an indigene. This is wrong. I cannot be one with these people, no matter what I do.

The South has a comparative advantage in oil and resources. The North has a comparative advantage in agriculture. Why not use this agriculture?? Its only Kwara, Kogi, Benue etc that are using their land efficiently and effectively!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by musiwa43: 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
13% slow down the north because it was not done very well. What 13% should have been is any income to govt, even if it is non oil. That income must goes to state.

What I mean is. You see PHCN in Kano state makes about N1billion a month. Kano state government should get 13% of that money. Kano state should also get 13% of what ever taxes Globacom or MTN pays for taxes in kano state. Kano state should also get 13% of airport revenue in Kano state that goes to the federal govt.   any payment made in a state to the federal govt or its minister or organization should get 13%, that state should get 13%.

It is discrimination to give Jonathan Goodluck people only 13%. while that same govt also get income from other source. This is not acceptable.   This i consider as been unfair.

what 13% does is that it takes money from the north and give to jonathan Goodluck aea. when you look at the way the derivation is done

The foreign exchange market  and bank foreign exchange are the one that use oil sale.  not state. state use naira.

That is not fair, look dangote take limestone from yorubaland but the goverment does not pay yoruba state 13% for the limestone.   so it is done in unfair give only one resource, for every cement sold yorubas should get 13%. have you seen dangote  or the federal govt pay 13%

look 13% should be for all income that come to the federal govt, either mineral or non mineral source of revenue.  what the jonathan goodluck is doing is discriminating.

you can not give one govt income 13% because they come from your people. while  other ethnic group, you refuse to give them. that is not fair.

You are taken 13% from igbo people and give it to Jonathan Goodluck people that is not good. that is not how they do , it.

the foreign exchange market  and bank foreign exchange are the one that use oil sale money.  not state. state use naira

You have to remove 13% oil derivation and  also remove  value added tax and replace with 13% state taxes. This way, everybody pays 13% and all state can collect 13% directly from people. So instead of the federal govt collecting VAT, state should collect it directly from the people. This is how it is done.  That way there will be no sharing of 13% oil derivation any more.

So when you buy cement kano govt will meet dangote and collect 13% of sale of cement from him that was brought in its state.   while kano state govt will also go to PHCN and collect 13% directly from PHCN,    And kano state can collect 13% from Oando oil or Globacom or MTN.  So every company or business will pay 13% directly to their state. This is how it is done.

You have to remove 13% oil derivation and  also remove  value added tax and replace with 13% state taxes. that way state can collect it directly from companies.

chevron explore Nigeria oil, and they pay some state 13%, but dangote explore limistone and they dont pay 13% to state, there are more than 200 companies in nigeria, that explore Nigeria minerals and all this state where they are, dont get paid derivation. What is the difference and the constant harassment of oil company. mineral is mineral. is that fair.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
bashr8:

But while Professor Aminu blamed ethnic preferences and favouritism for the higher number of students from the “advanced” states, as he puts it, for the disparities, just as Mallam Lamido blames the 13 per cent allocation in his recent interview, few Northern elites will point to the visionary social policies of Obafemi Awolowo, who introduced universal free education to the Western region, including the current Edo and Delta states, the areas which all currently account for the highest university enrollments and relatively higher human capital development in Nigeria.Fewer still Northern elites will acknowledge the fact that Awolowo built the first regional agricultural settlement in Nigeria, the first groups of industrial estates and the first television media even ahead of Spain, because he was developing the human capital to effectively utilize these projects. Western Nigeria Television taken over by the Federal Goverment of Nigeria, now called NTA, was  established by Chief  Awolowo.

there was free education in every part of nigeria including the north , churches, missionaries and state school were literally giving out gifts to parents just to allow their children go to school in both east and north so this free education myth will not fly. secondly the south east states of anambra,imo and abia along with delta and rivers have the highest university enrollment and not the southwest, thirdly awods policies did not benefit people in edo and delta hence their voting for a midwest state due to gross marginalisation by the yorubas, we should have passed the age of false propaganda by now.

You are wrong. The free education in the East failed after 3 months, the East could not keep up. The North did but only a few go to uni then.

Secondly, my very own parents benefited from this free education. The split was political.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by DRANOEL(m): 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
@bashr8
you want me to go and start building groundnut pyramids?
will do that soon as you go and start planting more oil. . . .o' sorry i forgot you don't plant crude oil do you? you lazy lot just feel since oil is under your feet it equates to hard work
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
jason123:

You are wrong. The free education in the East failed after 3 months, the East could not keep up. The North did but only a few go to uni then.

Secondly, my very own parents benefited from this free education. The split was political.

your a mugu, all our parents that grew up in the east did so through free education , missionaries, churches and eastern goverments had to offer gifts in some cases  while using force in other cases stop this stupidity of yours. awolowos free education is a myth because free education have always been there in all the regions.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
DRANOEL:

@bashr8
you want me to go and start building groundnut pyramids?
will do that soon as you go and start planting more oil. . . .o' sorry i forgot you don't plant crude oil do you? you lazy lot just feel since oil is under your feet it equates to hard work

what is your buisness what we think about the oil in our land? is it your oil? better become productive like the middle beltans nothing free last forever, just an advice, even with the oil in the east , it still boast of the biggest market in the world ,trade, commerce, agriculture , manufactiring industries and of course nollywood while you sit around waiting for handouts.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
bashr8:

your a mugu, all our parents that grew up in the east did so through free education , missionaries, churches and eastern goverments had to offer gifts in some cases  while using force in other cases stop this stupidity of yours. awolowos free education is a myth because free education have always been there in all the regions.

Dude, there are documents all over the internet to prove what I just typed. Really, I am not ready for such arguments as the thread is not about whether education was free in the 1960's. This is 2012!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
bashr8:

Just to bury this case before you spread your ignorance.

By sam loco (RIP)
Education
Going to school in the East then was tough. It was not like the Western Region where students got everything free. It was tough for us, so my nephew and I alternated street trading on a yearly basis to enable the other acquire education. But because of the staccato arrangement, I must confess that I had to attend so many primary schools.
I was a very good footballer and so I went to almost ten secondary schools playing football and getting scholarships here and there and I was stubborn as well. As I was being admitted into one, I was being expelled from another.

http://nigeriamovies.net/starprofiles/loco.php
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by DRANOEL(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
bashr8:

what is your buisness what we think about the oil in our land? is it your oil? better become productive like the middle beltans nothing free last forever, just an advice, even with the oil in the east , it still boast of the biggest market in the world ,trade, commerce, agriculture , manufactiring industries and of course nollywood while you sit around waiting for handouts.
hmmmmmn.trade,commerce,agriculture,manufacturing industries?

. . .  .and the biggest player in the sectors is aliko dangote closely followed by bua group!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
jason123:

Dude, there are documents all over the internet to prove what I just typed. Really, I am not ready for such arguments as the thread is not about whether education was free in the 1960's. This is 2012!

alj harem i dont know how old you are but like i told you education was free in the east , moajority of the school were owned my missionaries and churches and were free , states school were also free while some pivate owned schools were not . the same in the north , parents were begged to allow their children attend schools and gain western education . you cannot rewrite history of nigeria with your cheap yoruba propaganda , keep claiming to be itshekiri
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
bashr8:

alj harem i dont know how old you are but like i told you education was free in the east , moajority of the school were owned my missionaries and churches and were free , states school were also free while some pivate owned schools were not . the same in the north , parents were begged to allow their children attend schools and gain western education . you cannot rewrite history of nigeria with your cheap yoruba propaganda , keep claiming to be itshekiri

that is why you people are soo poor, so one rich man translates to all northerners being rich , for every dangote we have 4 ibetos. wealth is well distributed in the east while only very few are wealthy in the north , that explains why your region is soo poor even after over 30 years of rulling nigeria and looting it blind. dont be naive.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^
WTF is Alj Harem? I don't know this dude!
Again read this:

Nigerian Political Parties: Power in an Emergent African Nation by By Richard L. Sklar Page 216

STOP YOUR IGNORANCE, ITS ANNOYING!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
jason123:

^^^
WTF is Alj Harem? I don't know this dude!
Again read this:

Nigerian Political Parties: Power in an Emergent African Nation by By Richard L. Sklar Page 216

STOP YOUR IGNORANCE, ITS ANNOYING!

everybody know your alhaji harem and a yoruba man , you cant fool anybody. you can quote all the books in this world it wont change the fact that our parents in the east got free education , it took several years to convince my great great grand father who was the village chief to allow missionaries set up school and enroll children while in some villages it was enforced by british adminstration.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^
So Sam loco (RIP) was wrong? shocked
What has Yoruba got to do with this?!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by T8ksy(m): 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
bashr8:

There was free education in every part of nigeria including the north , churches, missionaries and state school were literally giving out gifts to parents just to allow their children go to school in both east and north so this free education myth will not fly. secondly the south east states of anambra,imo and abia along with delta and rivers have the highest university enrollment and not the southwest, thirdly awods policies did not benefit people in edo and delta hence their voting for a midwest state due to gross marginalisation by the yorubas, we should have passed the age of false propaganda by now.

Who is spreading false propaganda, here? Which state schools actually gave out this alleged

presents to their potential students?

Western region.
On January 17, 1955, the government of Western Nigeria launched the six-year free primary education scheme. Three hundred and ninety one, eight hundred and fifty nine (391,859) children appeared for registration in primary class I in six thousand, two hundred and seventy-four (6,274) schools. The attendance, in all the classes, altogether, was eight hundred and eleven thousand, four hundred and thirty-two (811,432). Four years after the commencement of the free primary education programme, the number of primary schools had gone up to six thousand, five hundred and eighteen (6,518) with one million, eighty thousand, three hundred and three (1,080,303) pupils attending them. The budget on education by the government was ₤2.2 million in 1954. It shot up to ₤5.4 million in 1955. (Oni, 2006, pp 52, 53) By 1957/58, the recurrent expenditure on education from the funds of the region was ₤7,884,110. The amount covered personal emoluments, other charges, special expenditure and grants-in-aid. (Taiwo, 1980, p. 117)

Eastern region.
N.C.N.C. criticized the bold attempt at universalizing primary education in the Western Region especially the tax measures planned by the government to supplement the finances for the programme. As soon as it was clear to N.C.N. C. that A.G. would not change its plan to embark on the free universal primary education (UPE) scheme, the rivalry between the two parties made the Eastern Regional Government to make announcement in 1953 of its intention to embark on free universal four-year junior primary education covering
infant I, infant II, standard I and standard II.
The scheme was launched in February 1957 using fire brigade approach so to speak. Almost everything, expect the pupils, was absent. The time for good planning was not enough. The needed finances for thorough execution were grossly inadequate. Most of the teachers were of poor quality. The classrooms and necessary educational equipment were inadequate. The management of the scheme was poor outright. Owing to so many
problems, the scheme had a bad beginning. The programme failed in just a year after it was started. The government had no option other than to change to[b] free[/b], universal primary education for the first two years.

Northern region.
The Northern Region seemed to opt out of the race in the provision of free UPE. Admittedly, about half the number of children in the country was in the region, the leaders never gave serious consideration, if at all, to the issue of UPE. It appeared the region was so comfortable with the Islamic system of education which had been prevalent for centuries.

Source:http://www.afrimap.org/english/images/documents/UNRISD%20Nigeria%20Mustapha.pdf
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by sheyguy: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
@topic, the fact that ones neighbor has excess or more of something does not make one poor. 13% to the ND oil producing states does not make the Northern state's allocation inadequate. To me SLS was tryin to score some cheap point by linking bh to 13% derivation.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by DONLEKAN: 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Guys back to the topic.

I think SLS's assertion that the North is poor because of 13% derivation to the oil producing states is evil and "bad belle" politics to say the least. Disappointingly, i had always thought that guy was a new bread of leader from the North. That particular statement gives him away totally. We all have been shouting our self to high heavens that the Nigerian government should improve on fiscal federalism principle but people like SLS never lend their voices to such as it of no gain to the establishment which he has shown himself to identify with.

Admittedly, that fiscal federalism means different things to different people. But of all the variants of fiscal federalism principles I have heard of from the very extreme of absolute resource control from oil producing states to that favored by owners of Nigeria. I think the least controversial is that which states that the monstrous FG should reduce it's control on the Nation's finances from 50+ as it is now so that states and local governments are empowered financially to meet their constitutional responsibilities.

My believe is that SLS believes that with that useless, demeaning statement of his. He can increase his political capital with the North and that might favour him in the future should he seek elective post.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
DONLEKAN:

Guys back to the topic.

I think SLS's assertion that the North is poor because of 13% derivation to the oil producing states is evil and "bad belle" politics to say the least. Disappointingly, i had always thought that guy was a new bread of leader from the North. That particular statement gives him away totally. We all have been shouting our self to high heavens that the Nigerian government should improve on fiscal federalism principle but people like SLS never lend their voices to such as it of no gain to the establishment which he has shown himself to identify with.

Admittedly, that fiscal federalism means different things to different people. But of all the variants of fiscal federalism principles I have heard of from the very extreme of absolute resource control from oil producing states to that favored by owners of Nigeria. I think the least controversial is that which states that the monstrous FG should reduce it's control on the Nation's finances from 50+ as it is now so that states and local governments are empowered financially to meet their constitutional responsibilities.

My believe is that SLS believes that with that useless, demeaning statement of his. He can increase his political capital with the North and that might favour him in the future should he seek elective post.

Well done!
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by bashr8: 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
T8ksy:

Who is spreading false propaganda, here? Which state schools actually gave out this alleged

presents to their potential students?

Western region.

Eastern region.

Northern region.

Source:http://www.afrimap.org/english/images/documents/UNRISD%20Nigeria%20Mustapha.pdf

u don dey mad, so because they also wrote that mungo park discovered river niger we should believe them abi, so before 1957 where easterners paying for education? some people dont even think your write is
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by Dainfamous: 1:38am On Feb 21, 2012
Days of lying and manipulating in Nigeria politics is over,free education propaganda talk is all gimmicks,now you can dig out information easily than b4 when people were blind,
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 1:43am On Feb 21, 2012
Da infamous:

Days of lying and manipulating in Nigeria politics is over,free education propaganda talk is all gimmicks,now you can dig out information easily than b4 when people were blind,

What are you on about? What gimmick? Was Sam Loco lying?
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by ektbear: 2:20am On Feb 21, 2012
page 216 of the book jason mentioned deals with the topic.

Read it yourself (http://books.google.com/books?id=Oi0aVR4YkmUC) and see that he was telling the truth.

Anyways, sanusi is a devilish creature
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by RoadStar: 2:52am On Feb 21, 2012
You see this is what happens in Nigeria, whenever there is a general discussion on any topic, some will bring in tribal issues, no matter how irrelevant it is.
We are talking about the stupid half thought out comments of a CBN governor who got to the office due to the same ethno-tribal calculations, and how do we start,
By arguing over tribal regional superiority pre-independence.
You see why some of you can only be more stupid than you CBN governor ?
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by hercules07: 2:59am On Feb 21, 2012
I am a Sanusi fan so make I defend am small. He was talking about uneven distribution of resources and the last time I checked, the FG with its 56% is the biggest parasite. The 13% to the Niger Delta region is not the cause of the poverty in the North, uneven distribution of resources is one of the reasons but the blame lies with their leaders. I have said it several times, what goes to the FG is too much, reduce it to 25% and use the 30% for states that are just too poor, the modalities for applying the fund can always be worked out, also, SLS is not running for any political appointment, he has a good shot at being the next Emir of Kano.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by 9javoice1(m): 3:17am On Feb 21, 2012
SLS is boko haram pity master. infact he try to give boko boys an indirect support thinking we would not know.
b/4 the 13% derivation to ND what was the north doing with our oil money? they are crying within a short time things were done the right way.

@jason123
i think you are right about the free education stuff in the west,so far the info we have supports your point but bashir8 is right too
my mom and my dad was primary(standard) school and secondary school teachers by then. they told us also that "they did't pay school fees".
media politics has its own negative effects.

jason back then there were more eastern graduates than other parts of the country,this is true
yes the west were more richer region but by individual the east are by far richer than north and west put together.
so even if there wasn't free education in the east we wouldn't feel it because we are rich.
if you doubt me, is there any educational gap between the east and west. anyway the east are always hard working .

the norths are burden to us all.
Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by 9javoice1(m): 3:18am On Feb 21, 2012
SLS is boko haram pity master. infact he try to give boko boys an indirect support thinking we would not know.
b/4 the 13% derivation to ND what was the north doing with our oil money? they are crying within a short time things were done the right way.

@jason123
i think you are right about the free education stuff in the west,so far the info we have supports your point but bashir8 is right too
my mom and my dad was primary(standard) school and secondary school teachers by then. they told us also that "they did't pay school fees".

jason back then there were more eastern graduates than other parts of the country,this is true
yes the west were more richer region but by individual the east are by far richer than north and west put together.
so even if there wasn't free education in the east we wouldn't feel it because we are rich.
if you doubt me, is there any educational gap between the east and west. anyway the east are always hard working .

Re: Is 13% To Niger Delta Cause Of Northern Underdevelopment? by jason123: 3:45am On Feb 21, 2012
9ja voice:

@jason123

The highlighted is very true. You were also right to say the Western region was the richest but individually, I am not sure as I have not seen anything to support your assertion. My uncertainty might be wrong but as I said I am not sure, in fact, what aided my skepticism was because the west was paying higher wages to her civil servant than the rest of the Country. But again, you might be right because the East has loads of graduates(more than any in the country)

Bros, about whether the education was free in the East or not was confirmed by Sam loco. My parents did not school in the East so the internet is my only source of info concerning the Eastern region.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: SE/Igbo Contribution To Nigeria’s Economy is Greatest. See how / What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"? / Azikiwe Many Sins And Why The Yorubas Dumped Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.