Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 (11844 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Napoli: 65% (23 votes)
Chelsea: 22% (8 votes)
Draw: 11% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Manchester City: FA Cup (5 - 1) oN 21st February 2016 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Napoli Vs Arsenal: UCL: (2 - 0) On 11th December 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by switch47(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2012
like i always say chelsea is finished. The team is cursed,dead and buried. Just a useless small team pretending to be big becuase of the money available from their sugar daddy.chelsea is really no different from a team like shefield wednesday in class teams like manchester united and liverpool ard light years ahead of chelsea. Their fans are deluded .chelsea is a small team. Get used to that
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by waxrider: 9:42am On Feb 22, 2012

one question:
wen was the last tym chelsea won a match? it's been like forever ago!
can they still win any match for the rest of this year? wateva the club? even eyimba?

I OFFICIALLY RESIGN AS A CHELSEA FAN!

Me too. Chelsea fans should start shunning that team. They should stop watching their games. When chelsea start loosing money, they will get a good coach and not this hell bent enemy called boas.

Abrahamovic gave told him to sign new players. He was using strong head that he has a pattern he can play with these old legs.

Abeg fire this useless man!
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by badmrkt(m): 10:12am On Feb 22, 2012
OLD MEN ASSOCIATION OF ENGLAND IS AT IT AGAIN.
HOPE THEY'VE RECIEVED THEIR PENSION,CUS THEY'RE IN FOR LONG THING
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by Reference(m): 10:33am On Feb 22, 2012
I think people should realise that footballers like their teams are cyclical in nature. This is a unique characteristic. They depend on good individual players but also in keeping them as a unit for long to forge a strong unit. This is also the Achilles heel of teams for when individual players begin to age like for instance the parts of a car, performance deteriorates.
To avoid power loss what a good car owner or club manager will do is to keep a few spare parts in store and do preventive maintenance.

This is where you cannot fault AVB. As a driver employed by car owner Abrahamovic, he's driving a third hand jalopy that has not been serviced properly for years and the few parts changed have all been fake - ala Torres and Co.

His problem is that he has to take Oga to work everyday. Where is the time to do a full overhaul so the car breaks down from time to time despite his skills.

I think the club under Abrahamovic is to blame here. His joyride was to change drivers and left the car in shambles. Everyone knows that plenty drivers kill vehicles. Teams need constant refreshing not coaches (incl. Nigeria). Owners should realise football is cyclical. Your car must go for service. The number of days it spends off the road depends on how frequently you service it. But if you as owner want to win UCL every year you will be reluctant to service your car and with time it will completely break down.

The blip we see at Barca today is because the core of the team Iniesta and Xavi have not been regular giving new players the chance to come in and gel so that when those midgets finally wear out there wouldn't be a loss of multiple trophies.

I love the game so much I'm not a fan of any team but Chelsea fans should realise changing AVB will give them nothing. The team needs deep surgery and like Liverpool bear a couple of trophyless seasons. Your management structure and system is the villan.
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by gempo(m): 10:36am On Feb 22, 2012
Very poor outing in the champions league this season by the English clubs. Expecting them to up their game next season.
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by Reference(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2012
waxrider:

Me too. Chelsea fans should start shunning that team. They should stop watching their games. When chelsea start loosing money, they will get a good coach and not this hell bent enemy called boas.

Abrahamovic gave told him to sign new players. He was using strong head that he has a pattern he can play with these old legs.

Abeg fire this useless man!

I beg to differ. Signing new player is not a magic wand because team success is not a destination but a journey. You cannot buy it. No matter how rich you are to arrive at London from Lagos takes time. Your money can shorten it but that is all. It took Sir Alex 13 years to win the UCL. Abrahamovic almost did it in 3 years but panicked took a short cut and entered the bush. So you can buy players. But will the fans and the owners wait for the dough to rise?

The truth is that the present Chelsea as a club with the best men, money and management will take at least 3 to 5 years to win the UCL with certainty. Tournaments are not won by chance.

People may say City is riding high on money but they forget the squad has been on the up for about 4 years or so since the time of Sven. Whereas a team that constantly undermines and destabilizes itself like Arsenal bought 7 emergency players who cannot gel.

Success is somewhere in between Chelsea and Arsenal. That is small incremental improvements to avoid stagnation with patience to build team chemistry. Chelsea flings coaches and keeps dinosaurs as players while Arsenal flings players while maintaining an increasing hapless old man. I hope they don't kill him with stress.
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by fred2265: 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2012
The perfomance of the players is too poor, AVB has lost his senses
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by switch47(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2012
chelsea is finished!!
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by bigsean(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2012
Roland17:

I would definitely overlook and forgive your un-intelligence and embarrassing display of ignorance on an anonymous public forum, SMH

Haha, Classic excuse for running away when you know u are wrong. (My guy, u cannot be right all the time).
hold ur crappy forgiveness for one-side, abeg! grin

read my post again, and this time, s-l-o-w-l-y!
current liverpool has the potential to be a good team - everybody knows the rich history of LFC (in back and white though)
Arsenal were once the invincibles (yes, emphasis on "once"wink - club board is there problem, Wenger is a great coach, he has nothing to prove.
Chelsea needs overhauling, the current players cant compete at the top level anymore.
Un-intelligence is when u rush to a conclusion without identifying a recurrent pattern that can be proven.
Re: UCL: Napoli Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 21st February 2012 by Roland17(m): 12:27am On Feb 23, 2012
big_sean:

Haha, Classic excuse for running away when you know u are wrong. (My guy, u cannot be right all the time).
hold ur crappy forgiveness for one-side, abeg! grin

read my post again, and this time, s-l-o-w-l-y!
current liverpool has the potential to be a good team - everybody knows the rich history of LFC (in back and white though)
Arsenal were once the invincibles (yes, emphasis on "once"wink - club board is there problem, Wenger is a great coach, he has nothing to prove.
Chelsea needs overhauling, the current players cant compete at the top level anymore.
Un-intelligence is when u rush to a conclusion without identifying a recurrent pattern that can be proven.

Its very easy to see how shallow minded you are when it comes to football.

(1)Liverpool
Your assumption that LFC currently has great players to make great team is as fluke as its expensive average under-performing players, i ask if they are so great why has the Top 4 eluded them for over 2 seasons now, especially after Benitez left? players like Charlie Adams J. Henderson, A.Carrol, Stewart Downing, Sanchez J. Enrique, can never be compared to the inexpensive likes of Vladimir Smicer, Xabi Alonso, younger Steven Gerrard, Harry Kewell, Milan Baros, Dietmar Hamann etal that captured the hearts of World with exceptional display in the champions league, especially at the Artaturk Olympic stadium in turkey. this current Liverpool is a long way from being called a Team let alone a team with potentials to be great.

(2)Man city
Over and over again Champions league football has proven that money can not buy qualification let alone the trophy, City has a very long way to go in Europe, they are like crawling babies learning to walk, it beats my imagination that you would think they would run without walking in Europe, because of the money they have,  it tells a lot about how u view football, Money might buy performances in England, but in Europe where it mattered most a Modest Napoli team was a able to clinch the 2nd spot ahead of City, does that not tell you anything about football in Europe and how so much has depreciated with the EPL?

(3)Arsenal
For the past 18 years i have followed my beloved club ardently from a very young age(Also AC Milan), this is not the worst i have seen Arsenal Fc, we have gone through worst times when glory eluded us with 2 league games to go,  and let me correct you again, THE BOARD OF ARSENAL FC IS NOT THE PROBLEM WITH ARSENAL, WENGER IS THE PROBLEM!!!! Prof knows the right thing to do that would alter the fortunes of the club, he knows the terrain in and out and only wants to be stubborn by trying out new things(Winning a competition with young players) the Board has provided more than enough money for Wenger to spend without a stain on the finances of the club, but PROF would not be satisfied until he achieves his aim.
IN WENGER I TRUST!!!

(4)
When Chelsea got to the finals of the Champions League in 2008 at the Luzhniki stadium in Moscow, they were under the tutelage of Avram Grant the Israeli many people despised, they still had the likes of Ballack, J.cole, Makelele, R.Carvalho and M. Essien played right back on that day, now over the years what did chelsea do, they have gone ahead to sack coaches numerous to mention, sign players that could not match the ambition of the club,  The only difference between Chelsea and Portsmouth/ Villarreal/Rangers Fc of Scotland is Roman Abrahamovic, if he takes his money away from the club, Chelsea would go back to what they were b4 his coming.

THIS YEAR PROVES MORE THAN EVER HOW BAD THE EPL HAS NOSE DIVED, IF ANY CLUB OR LEAGUE CLAIMS TO BE THE BEST IN EUROPE, THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IS THE ONLY PLACE TO PROVE IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Commits Suicide Over Manchester United Loss To Newcastle / Liverpool Vs Manchester Utd [2 - 0] On Sunday 25th October / UCL: Dortmund Vs Real Madrid (2 - 1) On 24th October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.