Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? (30552 Views)

Poll: Should I dump my girlfriend for lying about her age?

Yes: 16% (23 votes)
No: 83% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? / How To Deal With Someone Who Lied About Sleeping With You / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by meta4(m): 4:58am On Oct 28, 2007
eeh yeh,
so is it because of that,that you want to dump her, don't you know that things can get messy at first but later it might get better. don't forget that she might have said that when you were asking her out and anything can happen,you know the deal my guy.
so be wise if you find out now ,just work it out
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by MP007(m): 7:55am On Oct 28, 2007
age!, my wife is older than me? doesnt sound right ma brother, but love na kolo thing ././,
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Alert(f): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2007
this sure sounds like another "catalina and sebastine" but only that this time catalina and not sebastine lied about her age.

ok, on a more serious note, end the relationship from all I can see you've lost interest in her. forget the fact that you said you still love her thats because you can't let her go, somehow you still want to possess her but believe me the love you had for her has shattered.
some one that you don't trust you can't love. 4 real

the girl sounds good but made a mistake, you on your own part found it hard to forgive her and you claim you love her. LOVE SURPASSES ALL SINS.

I guess things happened that way because you were not made to be and maybe if  you  both had married, the poor girl may still suffer in your hands!

please learn to be accomodating and forgiving. I know that this HURTS.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2007
@ alert, have you bought a gift for ur boyfriend just yet? grin
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Bhola(f): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2007
I did not go through all the responses, but take it from someone that has been there. I was not directly lied to though. I assumed he was older than me and he did not correct me. About three months into the relationship, we were taking a stroll and he brought out his driver's license and I saw his date of birth. I was already in a shitty mood that day, so I just asked him why he did not correct my assumption and left to cry. Why the cry? Because I began to wonder what more has he been lying about.

See, it is not a matter of the age, it's that the person lied or withheld the truth from you for such a long time. Now, mine was three months into the relationship. But two years? Come on now? She should feel comfortable enough to tell you after such a long time. Mine felt he trusted me enough to handle the confession well,  three months into the relationship and that's why he told me. We dated for seven years. Why we broke up? That's story for another day.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe. Two years is just too long to not tell the truth. I am a firm believer of telling the truth, because the longer you don't say it, the harder it becomes to say it. That might have been what happened. If you genuinely respect her, (see I did not say love, because nowadays, love no get meaning anymore) and you know you can get over this, then take her back. (Think you already did sef).

All the best, because you will need it.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by jamyle(m): 5:31am On Oct 29, 2007
Come on man lying is normal procedures in a relationship, dumping her because you found out that she lied about her real age is not worth. We all lie, a man's lie is always bigger and thinker lol. Shey u want tell me say u sef neva lie for her b4 nii abi na becos she neva confront u, Get over it and be a man
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by sammyjl(f): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2007
Its your choice!!
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Horus(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2007
A LIAR IS INNOCENT !
A dear person whom you trust lies to you and gets caught. What do you feel?

1. Sadness?
2. Anger?
3. Cheated?
4. Disappointment?
5. Compassion?
6. Let down?
7. Loss of respect?
8. Wonder?
9. Shock?
10. Embarrassment?

Recently when someone lied to me, I felt happy and more love, for they were not a good liar. Had they been a good liar, they would not have been caught. I thought they were so innocent that they could not even lie properly. They lie and get caught. If they had not been caught, how would you know they were a liar? So . . . you can never know a good liar. The person you call a liar is not a good liar and they are innocent. Aren't they?
And so . .  . You need not go through all the listed mental gymnastics. Instead melt and dissolve in Love.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Rapunzel(f): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2007
Davidylan, that was a Splendid one ! Guys like U are Rare. Can I meet U ?
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by spoilt(f): 12:35am On Oct 30, 2007
Rapunzel:

Davidylan, that was a Splendid one ! Guys like You are Rare. Can I meet You ?

david, we await your response. grin
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 30, 2007
Thou readest my response on this thread, thou hast already met me. grin

@ Ranpunzel, thanks. Actually guys like me are common place, you just have to search a little harder. wink
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by jerseygurl(f): 1:05am On Oct 30, 2007
davidylan:

Thou readest my response on this thread, thou hast already met me. grin

@ Ranpunzel, thanks. Actually guys like me are common place, you just have to search a little harder. wink

ooohhhh dat turns me on but anywayz,sagitarus i dont think breaking up wit diz chick is a gud idea oh
u cant jus turn yor back on a relationship dat has lasted for 2yrs jus cuz she lied about her age, listen boo,we dont care about age diz days, we care abt looks and i bet u, if u lose diz chick
u have 0 chances of getttin another chick like her
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by ademiller(f): 11:51am On Oct 30, 2007
Haba, take it easy na. all becaus she lied bout her age? its a normal thing for most naija girls to lie bout their age na. 4give her , she loves u and the feeling is mutual. just sit her down and ask her what made her do it, infact start asking her to start confessing to you.if she has any skeletons in her cupboard.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by jasko: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2007
No, just give her my phone number. LOL
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Alert(f): 8:37pm On Oct 31, 2007
@ davidlyan

why r u so concerned about buying him a gift, I didnt ask him out u know.

and please your head shouldn't swell cos u have gotten yourself some female admirers here, well I am not one of them cos u dont share same view with me, You know what i mean wink
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Rapunzel(f): 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2007
I doubt that ! smiley
Take Care of U Davidylan, and if U ever change your Mind, I 'll be WAITING.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2007
Rapunzel:

I doubt that ! smiley
Take Care of You Davidylan, and if You ever change your Mind, I 'll be WAITING.

thanks hon, i'll keep you on my list. wink

Alert:

@ davidlyan

why r u so concerned about buying him a gift, I didnt ask him out u know.

and please your head shouldn't swell because u have gotten yourself some female admirers here, well I am not one of them because u don't share same view with me, You know what i mean wink

Dont worry, there is no chance of my head swelling at all. I like to dwell in the realm of reality.
Wait, so because a guy asked you out it is now his responsibility to get you gifts? What then is your responsibility in a relationship beyond saying yes and recieving/demanding gifts? Is the reciept of gifts your sole reason for entering into a relationship?

girls like you discourage a lot of guys interested in a real committed relationship. That level of reasoning is so shallow and your excuse is not even tenable for a 12yr old.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by omoge(f): 1:38am On Nov 01, 2007
shocked grin

davidi, so you do have a list  grin

davidylan:

Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by IderaN(f): 10:38am On Nov 02, 2007
this topic is gradually changing into love zone, instead of offering advice for the poorguy,

anyway sha, @ poster lie is very common in a relationship, search yourself too, are you keeping anything from her too?

just overlook it if you still love her,

don't lose wots good for you.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Rapunzel(f): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2007

Don't bother ! Am sure your list STINKS !
How Cheeky ! tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Rapunzel(f): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2007
davidylan:

Don't bother ! Am sure your list STINKS !
How Cheeky !
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by funmeme(f): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2007
bros u no get problem ooooo try to 4giv her. e dey happen like dat sometimes. wink
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by meta4(m): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2007
funmeme,
e be like say you don do such thing before. see the way you took it with a pinch of salt
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2007
@ poster, I think you should just look inside yourself to see if you can forgive her.If it keeps bothering then end the relationship when you still can,believe me it is better than going into a marriage with doubts in your mind.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by luckyflair(m): 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2007
chaiman,such is life.just find it in ur heart 2 4give her and let her not repeat such again cos little drop of rain makes an ocean.if she decide 2 cotinue that way it mayt get 2 the point of her telling u great one which may lead 2 great disstruction
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by Tbaby4real(f): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2007
hello guy,u don't need to b confused abt dis.moveon guy she lied just becos she love u and she don't wanna loss u pls encourage her been in love and forgive her.it is always good to correct wat u av rather than looking 4 new one becos d new one mayb worst.correct her and moveon.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by dumie(f): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2007
undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by achitext(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2007
Hi,
The Question is not, Should i dump her?. You should know what the future holds. How can you marry a girl that is older than you. If i were you, the moment i heard it, i will stop the relationship immediatly.
As it implies, how are you sure that you can coup up with her as your elder. just think twice before making any decision.
thanks
cj.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by mincepie(f): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2007
haba,dont dump her cos she lied about her age,she might just be scared of loosing u
am sure she'ld make a gud wifey.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by slimes(m): 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2007
Love will never lie.
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by swiftycool(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2007
achitext:

Hi,
The Question is not, Should i dump her?. You should know what the future holds. How can you marry a girl that is older than you. If i were you, the moment i heard it, i will stop the relationship immediatly.
As it implies, how are you sure that you can coup up with her as your elder. just think twice before making any decision.
thanks
cj.

Word men! this seems to be a realistic post from a 3 dimensional thinker, i suspect u r an Architect
How many of u guys out there would agree to get married to a girl who is to say the least 3 years older than u and believe u will always b in control?
How many of those lying girls can accept to tie the knot with a younger guy in Naija, when u know old age will catch up
with u sooner than him and he'll still be looking 10yrs younger and attractive to younger chicks making u feel like an old cargo.
As africans for a man to head a home he has tobe ahead, in every situation, immagine him relating to ur friends all older and seemingly wiser than him
one day when he tries to make a point, they'll callhim small boy. GOD FORBID!
Re: My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? by uchetobi(f): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2007
I think I can relate with Davidylan’s advice, if u luv her non disclosure of real age not enough reason for a break up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I'm Married But I Want To Help My Ex Financially / Meet The Ceo Jaaruma Empire, Hauwa Saidu Mohammad, Aka The Original Igbo Girl / Met A Lady Who Wouldn't Date Any Guy If Marriage Isn't Guaranteed After 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.