Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff (1835 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / ‘I Am Sleeping With 2 Other Guys To Help Me Forget About My Ex But It Is Not Wor / In love with my Ex, but I am married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by carbonate(m): 12:40am On Mar 21, 2006
Are Women Always Confused?

This female, who has been separated from her ex for some months, still has all the cards, presents and basically everything from the relationship still out in the open. She still uses his pet name for a few things but doesnt holla at him at all. No calls, no meeting, nothing

What does it mean?
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by carbonate(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2006
like wheneva they talk she is brief, always cold n generally acts like 'iron maiden' With all these tings out in d open and still having d pics n all d memories. Has she truely moved on or is she deceiving her self? Is it possible 2 move on like dat, wid all dat stuff not affectn u. Also when asked 2 return pictures, refuses too and yet acts like ur d last person on earth she would want 2 talk 2! I mean dis is a true story, is it jst a solitary case or all gals r like this @ times. Ne clues abt wots going on? grin
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by 2cantango(f): 12:49am On Mar 21, 2006
It's possible that she's not ready to let go. She may know it's over, but to actually put away all those things she has left out around her, that will be what makes it 'real' to her. It is said that the end of a relationship can be felt as deeply as the death of someone, I think she's just coping with it in her own way.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Zahymaka(m): 1:34am On Mar 21, 2006
Methinks she's trying to show she's still friends with him even though they're no longer "more than friends." I t's better than some relationships that end with open animosity on both sides.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by carbonate(m): 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2006
oi! doesnt anyone else have any opinions on this, come on undecided
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by jogego(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2006
girl is living in denial land,
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by oasis: 12:50am On Mar 24, 2006
Women are an enigma. They communicate by signals, rather than verbally. So, it's up to the ex to decode those cryptic signals, and take the appropriate action.

Worse still, this kind of kooky behavior varies from woman to woman. So, only somebody who's been around a particular woman can predict her messages to any degree of accuracy.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by idiot(m): 1:25am On Mar 24, 2006
women are evil,

they get a man to sell his soul buying them thousands of dollars worth engagement rings,

then when they end the relationship, they have the gall to actually keep the ring as if it were a GIFT.

I'd say, all men should have compromising photos of their women taken after engagement as a gift.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Tetris(f): 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2006
idiot:

women are evil,

they get a man to sell his soul buying them thousands of dollars worth engagement rings,

then when they end the relationship, they have the gall to actually keep the ring as if it were a GIFT.

I'd say, all men should have compromising photos of their women taken after engagement as a gift.

your user-name most accurately depicts your wit judging by your input.
get over your bad experience (if at all) and become a better person.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by lauren804(f): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2006
haha i did that for my bf once and i gave him the ring back but i never got the pics back ! gerr , the things i have learnd !
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Bright2(m): 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2006
So far as u are not holding his life,u can have those things it's allowed CARRY GO.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by carbonate(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2006
lol @ tetris! allow d guy nw, guess he's here 2 jst stir up some s**t!
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Rhodalyn(f): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2006
she's still got some feelings for him, still has memories of him, memories she'll never forget
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Free(f): 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2006
yeaa she definately still got feeling for him, if ya'll break up let it GO, grin
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Zahymaka(m): 12:12am On Mar 25, 2006
The man might have misbehaved before they broke up -- thus although she still loves him the momentoes are there to serve as a reminder, both of the sweet time they shared and of the fact that after giving so many gifts, he misbehaved.

If they're very precious things like gold or diamonds do you expect her to get rid of them?
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by idiot(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2006
Zahymaka:

The man might have misbehaved before they broke up -- thus although she still loves him the momentoes are there to serve as a reminder, both of the sweet time they shared and of the fact that after giving so many gifts, he misbehaved.

If they're very precious things like gold or diamonds do you expect her to get rid of them?

An engagement ring is not a memento or reminder, it is a representation of the promise to get married. No matter whose fault the engagement ends, it should be returned.

Even barring that, engagement rings tend to costs thousands of dollars. If women make a habit of keeping them even after they've decided to end the engagement, then men should NOT buy any such things till after the marriage. It doesn't make sense to me to throw money away in that manner.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by Zahymaka(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2006
An engagement ring is a gift -- or do you expect your friend to return all gifts you gave him/her when you quarrel no matter how expensive it is? That's pettiness.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by idiot(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2006
An engagement ring is not a gift.

In case you don't know, gifts are things given out of love, w/o any expectation of anything in return.

An engagement ring is "required" by most women, and is given in expectation of getting married.

It is definitely not a gift.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by lauren804(f): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2006
idiot:

An engagement ring is not a gift.

In case you don't know, gifts are things given out of love, w/o any expectation of anything in return.

An engagement ring is "required" by most women, and is given in expectation of getting married.

It is definitely not a gift.

dito , my mom taught me dont say i do till i see a ring lol , . but i think that every one has it all mixed up , i think u should get a band then a dimond
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by carbonate(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2006
An engagement ring isn't a gift. Its something that has to be returned if for any reason the wedding does not hold. Unless the two parties marry then get divorced, that is the only time it doesn't have 2 b returned. Such is life, grin
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by mamaput(f): 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2006
I keep things too.
Only when i break up i pack them away.Till am over the relationship.
I once gave a man back everything he gave me. The good stuff expensive jewelery.
Today i see it as a mistake,.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by gem87(f): 12:40am On Apr 06, 2006
baby gal is still hung up, she shld gather the liver n go bck.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by TheSeeker(m): 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2009
Funny
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by platinumnk(f): 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
maybe she likes to keep the good memories if her life

On my bday my ex gave me a magnificent gift: a huge painting of me
it was soo beautiful, all my relatives were amazed at the work and time that went into the gift.

You think Im gonna return it??

you must be mad! It hangs in my room, but not as a reminder to go running back to him, but as a reminder to what i deserve in life and nothing less.
Re: Separated From Her Ex, But Holds On To His Stuff by C2H5OH(f): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2009
O' girl is caught up.

For the time being she needs to box up those items and dump them in her garage somewhere, if they remind her of him.

(1) (Reply)

...... / Double Dateing / Is It Possible To Tell The Truth All The Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.