Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? (6292 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / The Women In A Writer's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? by nigerfine: 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nairaland is all the way fun for me,I am a poet but can't write correctly 3 sentences still I want to make money thru that. If the heading is a typo error what about the wordings...,,?
Op go and do comedy strictly with pidgin English , my cent. [quote author=jentlsoul][/quote]
Re: How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? by nigerfine: 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nairaland is all the way fun for me,I am a poet but can't write correctly 3 sentences still I want to make money thru that. If the heading is a typo error what about the wordings...,,?
Op go and do comedy strictly with pidgin English , my cent.
shocked
Re: How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? by Alleinad(f): 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hi OP! Sorry to intrude on your post, I just have a question. How do I find blogs on blogger? Navigating round wordpress is easy, I found people and they found me, but on blogger, I feel like am lost on an island in the middle of no where. Great post by the way!
Re: How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? by tunapawizzy: 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
pope732901: I am poet and like my friends tell me, I am very good but I don't get people to read my write ups. I need your advice friends.
SOMEONE IS TELLING LIES, EITHER YOUR FRIENDS LIED TO YOU OR YOU LIED TO US
Re: How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? by Emmandus(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
I write articles and stories from the inspirational side of things please call 07033875827
Re: How Can A Writer Make It In Nigeria? by Emmandus(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nice contribution and inspirational post.
Orikinla:
Writers are making it in Nigeria.
I have been living on my writings since age 18 and the last time I asked my parents for money was when I was still 18.
Writing gave me an SUV and driver at 24 as a features editor of a children's magazine supplied to all Unity Schools in Nigeria by the Federal Ministry of Education.
I started professional script writing for the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) Channel 10 from age 18.

If you write a good book that appeals to what majority of Nigerians want, you can sell up to 100, 000 copies.

The method is writing motivational books and then present them at your speaking engagements.
Make your motivational speaking engagements free. And sell your books at the venue.
Start with secondary schools where the school authorities can welcome you to speak to the pupils.
Don't over price your books.
Sell from N250 per copy for pupils and students and N500 per copy for adults.

More details on how to make it as a writer in Nigeria will be published exclusively on http://www.thecreativepenn.com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'if Men Were God'.a Poem Written By Me, Please Read And Comment. / Ben Okri Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today / Food For The Gods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.