Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Carlos Tevez Issues Unreserved Apology To Everybody At Manchester City - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carlos Tevez Issues Unreserved Apology To Everybody At Manchester City (653 Views)

A Picture Of Carlos Tevez's Payslip / Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign / Carlos Tevez Hands In Written Transfer Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Carlos Tevez Issues Unreserved Apology To Everybody At Manchester City by iceokoli(m): 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
Carlos Tevez has issued an unreserved apology "to everybody I have let down" at Manchester City following his five-month battle with the club and declared his hope that Roberto Mancini will now allow him to return to action.

The striker had a dramatic fallout with his manager after refusing to warm-up during a Champions League group game at Bayern Munich on 27 September and then went awol, returning to his homeland in Argentina without permission for three months. Although Mancini is yet to see Tevez since the latter returned to the club last week, the manager is said to be at ease with the development.

Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City."

It is understood that Tevez, who has been training in the afternoons away from the first-team squad as he regains fitness, met the director of football, Brian Marwood, at the club's Carrington complex and other members of staff on Tuesday afternoon. Having arrived at around 3.30pm for the session that included a two hour work-out before gym work, Mancini had already left but was kept fully informed.

Earlier in the day, the manager had been asked about Tevez ahead of Wednesday evening's Europa League last-32 second leg with Porto at the Etihad Stadium but unaware that the striker was about to apologise he refused to talk about the subject, saying: "We have another three months to talk about Carlos Tevez."

With Tevez's apology being unreserved and unconditional, whether Mancini will now consider selecting him as he seeks to guide City to a first championship since 1968 is the next issue. Immediately after the incident at Bayern the Italian declared Tevez as "finished" at City and last Monday, on the day before his return, Tevez gave an interview in which he accused the Italian of treating him "like a dog" that evening.

With Tevez also announcing he has withdrawn his appeal to the Premier League for the £1.2m fine – approximately six weeks' wages – for his decision to fly to Argentina, it remains to be decided whether the club will fine him for the outburst last week. If so, Tevez can expect to forfeit two weeks' wages, amounting to £400,000.

The striker would apparently be welcomed back into the dressing room by his team-mates – last week James Milner stated he "did not understand the difficulties" regarding Tevez's return to the club and hours before Tevez's apology Samir Nasri said: "I think he's an important player for us and any team in Europe because he has quality. I don't know what happened but if he has to apologise he has to do that because then he will be in the squad. We need someone with that quality to win the Europa League and the Premier League but it's up to Carlos and the club to deal with."
cool cool cool cool
Re: Carlos Tevez Issues Unreserved Apology To Everybody At Manchester City by Basics007: 7:36am On Feb 22, 2012
Of course he'll apologise. He lost around £10m so he'll definitely apologise. I hope Man City leave him to rot on the bench for the rest of his time at the club

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think QPR Deserve To Be A Man Down Against Man United? / MY PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM OF THE WEEK / Navas Has Joined Manchester City For £21.3million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.