Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

From Uk To Canada,which Way? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Uk To Canada,which Way? (3434 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Uk To Canada,which Way? by Bostin(m): 12:19am On Feb 22, 2012
Since laws in Uk are making life and survivers difficult,which way is the easiest way to migrate to canada,tourist or visit?
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by mimi234: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
So you think its a bed of roses in Canada abi?
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by Bostin(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2012
post whatever you knw here,we are only educating ourselves.
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by Ronaldo200(m): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
study is easiest route.

Stay in UK, Its better. what is use of having paper and no job? In Canada they dont value any credential outside of Canada (and sometime yankee). Slow to get a decent job - so many people here over qualified doing so many different things. I know of many people with permanent residency here stuck in dead end job. Please, be careful, Grass not always greener.

UK laws are difficult but it still a land of more opportunity in my opinion, work hard and get a decent job and you are okay. Also, if you do travel there it is quite expensive place.
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by unipol(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2012
the canadian visa is as difficult as the U.S.A. i don't think there is any easy way.
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by daddee: 6:51am On Feb 24, 2012
Ronaldo200:

study is easiest route.

Stay in UK, Its better. what is use of having paper and no job? In Canada they dont value any credential outside of Canada (and sometime yankee). Slow to get a decent job - so many people here over qualified doing so many different things. I know of many people with permanent residency here stuck in dead end job. Please, be careful, Grass not always greener.

Gone are the days when employers will tell you that your certificate/credentials obtained outside of Canada are of no relevance. If you are good at what you do, you will land a decent job in no time (depending on your profession anyway). As an accountant for example, provided you can pass their certification, you are good to go. Doesn't matter where you studied!
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by Ronaldo200(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
Daddee Sadly, those days are not gone. Let me give you some example

- Canada government is in fact very open to immigration but even thy have recognized that immigrants struggle and take many years even more than ten years just to catch up. They say they trying to address the situation
- how many taxi drivers and people working in retail do I know who have MBA's? I have a friend also with a advanced masters from one of the top medicine schools in the states and the jobs are saying "must be Canadian school"
- accountancy yes, but you must do their own Canadian designation otherwise it very very tough. Made easier cos a lot of them now allow out to "convert"
- they have something called "lacking Canadian experience". Everybody knows about it, where y Canadian employers discount any experience from abroad

I am fine, but I know of too many people thinking Canada was land of milk and honey cos of its easy access but now they are stuck in dead end jobs. Of cos, there are many too who have made it but I am trying to make a balanced warning as someone who has experienced USA Canada and Europe .
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by snowdrops(m): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2012
Canada; beware of the winter. It could snow > 3 feet.

Try and live close to the USA border; which is where most Canadians live anyway.
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by daddee: 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ Rolnado,
You are correct in a way. Maybe I should reframe my statement and say "its not as bad as it used to be". When I got to Canada last year I heard a lot of negative confessions but I decided to push on. I lost the first job opportunity on the basis that I did not study in Canada but two weeks after that I got a better one (less than 2 mnths in canada). The guy told me e liked my resume and will give me an offer but with lower pay due to lack of Canadian experience. He wasn't sure if I could withstand working in a -40 celcius environment. After the first month e reviewed my pay to the normal canadian standard.
The non canadian experience thing was much during the 08s not now.
But like u have rightly said, different people have got different stories. I still believe Canada is better than both US and Europe.
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by Hotstepper(f): 11:54am On Feb 26, 2012
Daddee, u took my words from my mouth. Congrats nd hope u r enjoying urself
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by daddee: 12:44am On Feb 28, 2012
Hotstepper:

Daddee, u took my words from my mouth. Congrats nd hope u r enjoying urself

Thanks, am truly enjoying myself. Canada is sweet!
Re: From Uk To Canada,which Way? by snowdrops(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2012
daddee:

Thanks, am truly enjoying myself. Canada is sweet!

lol

(1) (Reply)

Which African Country Can I Travel To With 1.5million Naira / Shenghen Visa Refusal!!!!! Please Advice. / Help On Relocating To The Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.