Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,583 members, 7,770,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:23 AM

Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc (5048 Views)

Ambode Inaugurates Olanrewaju Adigun-Fagbohun VC Of LASU (photos) / Fupre Collected Bribe Of $50,000 – Gbagi / Fupre Post Ume Is Out At Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by Nigerd(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2012
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/gbagi-gave-me-50000-bribe-says-fupre-vc/

Gbagi gave me $50,000 bribe says FUPRE VC
On February 22, 2012 · In News
3:01 am
Email0

By EMMA AMAIZE
WARRI – VICE-Chancellor of Federal University of Petroleum Resources, FUPRE, Effurun, Delta State, Professor Babatunde Alabi, alleged, yesterday, that the $50,000 bribe former Minister of State for Education, Olorogun Kenneth Gbagi, accused him of receiving, was willingly offered by him, Gbagi.

Prof. Alabi, at a briefing on the state of affairs in the institution, denied demanding bribe, saying that he returned the $50,000 to the wife of the former minister in the presence of his secretary.

However, Gbagi told Vanguard on phone, yesterday, “I could not have given him bribe as a Minister of State for Education on behalf of Sky Grade Construction Company because I had resigned as the chairman of the company as required by the constitution then, but I am aware that he collected the money.”

An official of Sky Grade Construction Company, said the company wrote the Vice-Chancellor to refund the money, when it became evident that the contract was to be given to another company, after $50,000 had been collected from it, adding, “It was refunded four months after.”

Alabi insisted he returned the money. He said he returned to Delta State from Abuja and had to get Mrs. Gbagi to take the money back to her husband.

He denied having anything to do with Jazbell Nigeria Limited, the company that was alleged to have been favoured for the contract, saying that Gbagi was the one who personally called him on phone to meet him in his house in Abuja.

The Vice-Chancellor said when he got back to FUPRE, “I called my secretary and brought Mrs. Gbagi, I told her what her husband gave to me, and that I want to return it to him. Mrs. Gbagi and my secretary counted the money one by one, she cross- checked that the money was correct. I believe with the same bag the money was brought. I said, ‘Madam, please, give it back to your husband.”
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by double08(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
two old men washing their dirty cloths in public,its obvious money changed hands.FULL STOP angry. Who wan nack the other one akpako we no come know grin
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by chuks49(m): 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
Thiefffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by bakila: 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
Dollars, that is surely bribe money at that level. Dollars so easy to put in your pocket with secretary knowing that oga has sixteen million of bribe money.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by Okijajuju1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
Sweet!!

Honour amongst thieves grin
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by fm7070: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
both idiots should be fired and tried by EFCC immediately.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by member67023: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
$50k cash.
Thats 1 bundle Benjamins is in 5-packets
The professor would have secretly filmed the scene when the wife came to collect the money.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by Reference(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2012
grin Corruption fighting back by trying to bore us to death with unending tales. Okay we've heard. 50k, sausage roll. We want 18+ hardcore, real kleptocratic stories. The ones that make you go, oh la la.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by Kilode1: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
New university, probably has not graduated their second set and this generation of old foooools are already stealing thousands of dollars.  embarassed

No way you are bribing $50k if you are not trying to steal contract money.

The sad thing is that not a single one of these self confessed thieves will go to jail for this. SMH
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by brainpulse: 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2012
EFCC will never never and never look into this allegation. Why are they using the tax payers money in vain? EFCC personnel should not be paid if they dont have any corrupt case to prosecute.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by doofanc: 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
No more naira, now dollars? Hmmmm
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by Tropilo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2012
Naughty old men! They will place adverts asking innocent coys to pay N50k non-refundable fee for contract bidding. Meanwhile, the contract had already given to a secret bidder. These witches will continue to confess.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by logica(m): 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2012
Maybe all these old school fools should just drop dead.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by torchlightmgt: 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2012
Infact, am not surprise, I wonder who made Kenneth Gbagi a minister in this country. From the time memorial i knew he cant perform.What happen to presidential Ins coy, Yaba lagos.He is fond of stealing money
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by chines4(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
Bribe now in Nigeria is paid in Dollars not Naira
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by igbaodun: 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
brainpulse:

EFCC will never never and never look into this allegation. Why are they using the tax payers money in vain? EFCC personnel should not be paid if they dont have any corrupt case to prosecute.

Tax money or oyel money? Let us not get ahead of ourselves guys
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by GboyegaD(m): 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2012
Na wah oooo. Na so we don throway shame so tey na for public we dey exchange who ask and who collect bribe? The summary is that a party bribed the other and whether it was demanded or given of a free will, both of them should be prosecuted. More so, I wonder how we expect our universities to turn out good products when even the leaders lack vision and all they know is just looting public funds.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by sylve11: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
two i.diots, aren't they? cool
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by JimmyBoy1: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
Obviously there is going to be a massive transfer of wealth from the wicked this year, stories like this wil come out regularly.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by Detongue: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
Gbagi is a known criminal, if u re 4rm Warri area of delta state, u 'ill understand what i'm saying. In 1998, my sister in d USA gave dis man $3000 plus provisions to give 2 my 70yrs old mother, up till now we hv not seen d man or d money. To me Gbagi does not hv intergrity
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by kolexy(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
This same Gbagi awarded himself contract worth NGN 2billion to supply primary school textbooks without supplying same.
Re: Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc by miriatataz: 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
fools!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities And Their Jamb/utme Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 + Some Pol / 10 Best Medical Schools In Nigeria / What Is Wrong With This Maternity Photoshoot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.