Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? (19435 Views)

Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / Advice For Relocating To Nigeria / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 6:37pm On May 11, 2012
moremi2008:

I was scratching my head at her comment because I completely forgot that she lives in Philly! LOL! No wonder she thinks crime in the U.S. is higher than crime in Lagos!!!! Aunty Ronke (PhD holder in Kpekus), please don't think the rest of the US is like dirty, ghetto Philly! Just finish your school and go experience a non-ghetto part of America. Your opinion will change after that. grin grin

Sharrap dia!!!! what do you know??....all this grammar you blow here on NL, who knows whether na "under agege bridge" you dey live. All this pose denge' through the internet is not cutting it grin grin
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by armyofone(m): 6:40pm On May 11, 2012
Ronke dear i just dey eat this nice moi moi made with atarodo, red pepper, crayfish, mackerel fish and ororo
and say make i tease you small grin *hugs* wink.
You are right, you don't have to live there to know what's happening.
I doubt Nigerian live there. Na person wey get 2 head fit do that one.
With all the gra gra nigerians are known for in Nigeria, e no reach Ghetto own grin

ronkebp:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really? Armyoften!!! you gat jokes grin grin.....naaa i get liver to live in the ghetto who born me, i live in a very good area, moreso you do not have to live in the ghetto to know what happens there, why do we have T.V News? and all what is do you watch crime T'V at all?
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by armyofone(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2012
grin grin
well thanks to Eddie's coming to America movies wey him watch. Ajasoro fit talk too grin
ronkebp:

Sharrap dia!!!! what do you know??....all this grammar you blow here on NL, who knows whether na "under agege bridge" you dey live. All this pose denge' through the internet is not cutting it grin grin
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 7:00pm On May 11, 2012
But "American lovers" abi na "western lovers"...smiley, no one is saying Nigeria does not have it's own problem, but to outrightly debase the country is not fair.

We are raising accusing fingers at the leaders, what have we as individual contributed to the development of that nation, if not to enrich our pockets too and live large to show off. Majority of us are here enjoying what the forefathers have done, the taxpayers here are contributing to the development of this Great Nation.

Nigerians especially we the youth, should come together and help that Nation, Sitting in "another's man home or land" and pointing evil fingers at your own land, is just not the way to go about it. smiley
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 7:05pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp: But "American lovers" abi na "western lovers"...smiley, no one is saying Nigeria does not have it's own problem, but to outrightly debase the country is not fair.

We are raising accusing fingers at the leaders, what have we as individual contributed to the development of that nation, if not to enrich our pockets too and live large to show off. Majority of us are here enjoying what the forefathers have done, the taxpayers here are contributing to the development of this Great Nation.

Nigerians especially we the youth, should come together and help that Nation, Sitting in "another's man home or land" and pointing evil fingers at your own land, is just not the way to go about it. smiley

nigeria did nothing for me. they stole from me, robbed from me.
what should i give back to them? my blood? my sweats?
i'd rather sow it where it would be appreciated not where you
would be killed for doing something good.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 7:09pm On May 11, 2012
armyofone: Ronke dear i just dey eat this nice moi moi made with atarodo, red pepper, crayfish, mackerel fish and ororo
and say make i tease you small grin *hugs* wink.
You are right, you don't have to live there to know what's happening.
I doubt Nigerian live there. Na person wey get 2 head fit do that one.
With all the gra gra nigerians are known for in Nigeria, e no reach Ghetto own grin

Let me give you some money now...so that you will prepare some for me naaa, i dey moin-moin starve gan ni, no time to peel beans. Naija people no get liver oooooo, all dia gragra for ajegunle no reach Ame**** smiley
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by denzel2009: 7:10pm On May 11, 2012
Gaggi:

What does it matter if i am called a nigg** by a black man. D problem with u guys abroad is u've lost touch with reality. U people have been so abused u think it's normal to be called derogatory names. A white man will not call anyone names in Lagos, Kano, Warri or any state at all. You can't come to my country and disrespect me. By the way hw many so called white men go around with security?
I swear i will slap any white man who dares that, security or not.
In 2006 when i went to the UK for hols at around 11pm while i was walking along the road, my friend and I were thrown oranges at by white kids and they were shouting nigg... This was behinnd the covers of darkness. I felt so insulted at the same time helpless. A lot of things are going on which our dear friends in the diaspora are too ashamed to speak of. Everybody i lnw wants to come back hme.

Actually, a white man would call a black man nigger in naija and get away with it easily. Even the naija guy would jump at the mention of such words without batting an eyelid with the level of poverty prevalent in that country.

Oyinbo throwing oranges at 11pm lmao. They even throw tanjalo at 12am!
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 7:17pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

nigeria did nothing for me. they stole from me, robbed from me.
what should i give back to them? my blood? my sweats?
i'd rather sow it where it would be appreciated not where you
would be killed for doing something good.

If everyone had this mentality in that country, would it even be where it is today? Common now!!!! why would you wait for Nigeria to do something for you before you give back, why think about yourself instead of your generations that are to come? If the forfathers of America thought about themselves then, would we be here enjoying what they suffered for?. You see now, *** that is the average Naija man thought**** it is all about me! me! me! and not us!. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On May 11, 2012
ROnke,

Do you too believe in the freedom to blast music in residential neighbourhood

Freedom to treat children the way parents want

Freedom to carry as much money as possible around

Freedom to drive a car and not be questioned about your income?

Freedom to build a house without consideration for environment and neighbours
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 7:27pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

If everyone had this mentality in that country, would it even be where it is today? Common now!!!!

where is the country? i ask again, where is the country?
it has regressed since independence and there's no hope in sight at least not this generation of ours.
a country that has been r@ped, sodomized and looted for 40 yrs would take 400 yrs to be rebuilt.
destruction is easier than inventing......so do the math!

why would you wait for Nigeria to do something for you before you give back, why think about yourself instead of your generations that are to come? If the forfathers of America thought about themselves then, would we be here enjoying what they suffered for?. You see now, *** that is the average Naija man thought**** it is all about me! me! me! and not us!. smiley smiley smiley

you are mixing apples n oranges here, my friend.
the sad truth is - if you give back to nigeria, death is imminent.
the policy makers don't even want the country to progress. there's money to be made
if the country is in it's sick state.

who do you think are behind boko haram? those
hausa illiterates who cannot tell between blue and red? of course not.......it's the
same policy makers wearing agbadas in the senate house that are behind it. the more
they kill, the more convincing the story would look to secure more foreign aid to enrich
their fat tummies. forget it, ronkebp - nigeria is doomed.

10 yrs ago, i was like you......argued in every debate i found myself that there's hope.
now i know better. there is no hope. i am sure in 10 yrs time, you would have seen
what i had seen and another mr x would engage you in this same argument. i have lost
all confidence in nigeria. if you really want to know where we should be, look at ghana!!
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 7:38pm On May 11, 2012
dayokanu: ROnke,

Do you too believe in the freedom to blast music in residential neighbourhood

Freedom to treat children the way parents want

Freedom to carry as much money as possible around

Freedom to drive a car and not be questioned about your income?

Freedom to build a house without consideration for environment and neighbours

Even if i don't believe in all what you have written, what is the way forward? we as citizens of that country, what can we do to help out? There is no point in arguing about what is and what is not!!! what can we do?
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 7:40pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Even if i don't believe in all what you have written, what is the way forward? we as citizens of that country, what can we do to help out? There is no point in arguing about what is and what is not!!! what can we do?

kill them all.
all those agbada wearing lawmakers in abuja should be maimed.
same circle of friends have been ruling us for 51 yrs. it's not going to change.
when they die, their offsprings would continue where they stopped. it's a vicious cycle.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 7:46pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

where is the country? i ask again, where is the country?
it has regressed since independence and there's no hope in sight at least not this generation of ours.
a country that has been r@ped, sodomized and looted for 40 yrs would take 400 yrs to be rebuilt.
destruction is easier than inventing......so do the math!

you are mixing apples n oranges here, my friend.
the sad truth is - if you give back to nigeria, death is imminent.
the policy makers don't even want the country to progress. there's money to be made
if the country is in it's sick state.

who do you think are behind boko haram? those
hausa illiterates who cannot tell between blue and red? of course not.......it's the
same policy makers wearing agbadas in the senate house that are behind it. the more
they kill, the more convincing the story would look to secure more foreign aid to enrich
their fat tummies. forget it, ronkebp - nigeria is doomed.

10 yrs ago, i was like you......argued in every debate i found myself that there's hope.
now i know better. there is no hope. i am sure in 10 yrs time, you would have seen
what i had seen and another mr x would engage you in this same argument. i have lost
all confidence in nigeria. if you really want to know where we should be, look at ghana!!

And do you think that those people that have "babanrigad" themselves in 'aso-rock' will remain there forever? Every youth now is looking for ways to enrich themselves, we keep pointing at the leaders, and we are no-different from them, Let them give you an opportunity too, it will be the same story. I think we all should start from our communities, whatever change we can effect,no matter how little it will go a long way.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 7:51pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

And do you think that those people that have "babanrigad" themselves in 'aso-rock' will remain there forever? Every youth now is looking for ways to enrich themselves, we keep pointing at the leaders, and we are no-different from them, Let them give you an opportunity too, it will be the same story. I think we all should start from our communities, whatever change we can effect,no matter how little it will go a long way.

of course, it will be the same cos even if you mean good, the people around you
would poison you or send assassins after one's life. the whole system is corrupt.
of what use is a good man amongst 1000 bad men? they would kill him if he doesn't
cooperate.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Which of them dont you agree with.

You can reference the list of "freedoms" posted by Lastpage in the previous page
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 8:01pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

kill them all.
all those agbada wearing lawmakers in abuja should be maimed.
same circle of friends have been ruling us for 51 yrs. it's not going to change.
when they die, their offsprings would continue where they stopped. it's a vicious cycle.

You can't say Kill them all on a public forum and expect people to contribute!! smiley smiley. There should be a saner way. to help that country. grin grin
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 8:04pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:
You can't say Kill them all on a public forum and expect people to contribute!! smiley smiley. There should be a saner way. to help that country. grin grin

it worked in ghana - why can't it work in naija?
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 8:05pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

of course, it will be the same cos even if you mean good, the people around you
would poison you or send assassins after one's life. the whole system is corrupt.
of what use is a good man amongst 1000 bad men? they would kill him if he doesn't
cooperate.

what of using wisdom?, do you know what wisdom can acheive among those 999 bad men?. You can't show-off and expect people not to antagonise or victimize you. Nigerians, majority of them are known for show-off.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by dayokanu(m): 8:08pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Ronke

Why i tend to agree that there is no way forward is because the youths are no better.

The same youths even those that have travelled far and wide think its some sort of freedom to blast music in residential neighbourhoods, think its freedom for anyone to live rich without his source of income being questioned, The same youths who believe they should be allowed the freedom to build houses without consideration for others, You can block drainage and pollute the environment as long as it favours your house.

Its infriginging of freedom to have laws that tell you its insane to shyyttt in public places like they do at Obalende on the main road

Like I said most ppl complain because they are not the ones oppresing people, The youths if given the same opportunity would do the same and worse So the vicious cycle continues. To be sincere It seemed no way forward except you find ways of enriching yourself and oppress the rest
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 8:11pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

what of using wisdom?, do you know what wisdom can acheive among those 999 bad men?. You can't show-off and expect people not to antagonise or victimize you. Nigerians, majority of them are known for show-off.

wisdom in nigeria? is that your plan to restore sanity in nigeria?
you would soon be holding hands with dele giwa in the belly of the beast singing kumbaya.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 8:19pm On May 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Which of them dont you agree with.

You can reference the list of "freedoms" posted by Lastpage in the previous page

All those "freedoms" you listed there, are what makes Nigeria, Nigeria. Now you can't compare the level of civility in America to Nigeria, a 99 year old man or woman here can write checks and sign their names, a 90 year old Naija woman and that is averagely cannot even write a check in her language, they will tell you (mi o lo ile-iwe). All those sepe drinkers that comports themselves as hooligans what do you really expect from them? So that is how it is still going to be, until everyone has one form of education or the other.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 8:26pm On May 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Ronke

Why i tend to agree that there is no way forward is because the youths are no better.

The same youths even those that have travelled far and wide think its some sort of freedom to blast music in residential neighbourhoods, think its freedom for anyone to live rich without his source of income being questioned, The same youths who believe they should be allowed the freedom to build houses without consideration for others, You can block drainage and pollute the environment as long as it favours your house.

Its infriginging of freedom to have laws that tell you its insane to shyyttt in public places like they do at Obalende on the main road

Like I said most ppl complain because they are not the ones oppresing people, The youths if given the same opportunity would do the same and worse So the vicious cycle continues. To be sincere It seemed no way forward except you find ways of enriching yourself and oppress the rest

Why can't we have people that will stand out?, "why join them if we cannot beat them"?, but laying curses on that Nation without any physical help from even the citizens is paralyzing that country even more. We all hope for a better future in that country but it won't be attainable with derorgatory remarks.

There are laws that are coming up now, i heard that you cannot make more than 500,000.00 naira deposits or withdrawals now from banks, and it has been enforced, gradually things will take shape. There will soon be traffic ordeliness, unnecessary hooliganism will soon be tantamont to living in cells, unnecessary noise making will reduce, but it will take awhile to accomplish that, and only if we have people that are willing to make it happen. The government cannot do it all, we all have our own individual contributions that will help the country grow in a more positive way.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 8:31pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

wisdom in nigeria? is that your plan to restore sanity in nigeria?
you would soon be holding hands with dele giwa in the belly of the beast singing kumbaya.

grin grin grin grin, you are funny.....i reject it.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 8:32pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Why can't we have people that will stand out?, "why join them if we cannot beat them"?, but laying curses on that Nation without any physical help from even the citizens is paralyzing that country even more. We all hope for a better future in that country but it won't be attainable with derorgatory remarks.

There are laws that are coming up now, i heard that you cannot make more than 500,000.00 naira deposits or withdrawals now from banks, and it has been enforced, gradually things will take shape. There will soon be traffic ordeliness, unnecessary hooliganism will soon be tantamont to living in cells, unnecessary noise making will reduce, but it will take awhile to accomplish that, and only if we have people that are willing to make it happen. The government cannot do it all, we all have our own individual contributions that will help the country grow in a more positive way.

and you believe in this crap?
people who steal money don't go into the banks like common people.
did you ever see james ibori or alameiseigha in the union bank branches transporting money?
you're right - the government cannot do it all because they are not even interested in doing anything.
so even if people want to effect a change, your government would frustrate their efforts.
it's all doom n gloom.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

The same people who are educated , exposed and well travelled actually think you are infringing on their "FREEDOM" if you tell them not to blast music at night in residential area, tell them not flog their children mercilessly and maim them, not build houses anywhere they so desire you would see that the few who think otherwise are in the minority
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 8:59pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

and you believe in this crap?
people who steal money don't go into the banks like common people.
did you ever see james ibori or alameiseigha in the union bank branches transporting money?
you're right - the government cannot do it all because they are not even interested in doing anything.
so even if people want to effect a change, your government would frustrate their efforts.
it's all doom n gloom.

Yesooo, i believe once we all have a "change of mentality" everything will start falling into place in due time, the act of unnecessary respect, is part of what is killing Nigeria, you will see a police man, doing yes sir! yes sir!! to theives (only because they are pot-bellied, wearing italian shoes and agbada) and because of what they will gain from the man. If everyone know what they are supposed to do and what is expected of them as a citizen, things will shape up, instead of sitting on the shoulders of the government and expect them to "cook rice, serve you and spoon feed you"
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp: But "American lovers" abi na "western lovers"...smiley, no one is saying Nigeria does not have it's own problem, but to outrightly debase the country is not fair.

I pay taxes here too. A lot of it. I deserve to share in the development. Nigeria didnt care for me all the yrs i lived there.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by coogar: 9:03pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

Yesooo, i believe once we all have a "change of mentality" everything will start falling into place in due time, the act of unnecessary respect, is part of what is killing Nigeria, you will see a police man, doing yes sir! yes sir!! to theives (only because they are pot-bellied, wearing italian shoes and agbada) and because of what they will gain from the man. If everyone know what they are supposed to do and what is expected of them as a citizen, things will shape up, instead of sitting on the shoulders of the government and expect them to "cook rice, serve you and spoon feed you"

but that's the tactics used by the nigerian government.
impoverish their people to the point of insanity. the depths of poverty
would prevent even the most righteous man to embrace all sorta corruption
and crime. no hungry man can reason rationally - he must think of his belly first.

this is why the odious politicians are guaranteed to retain their positions.
the ones who are stubborn are quickly executed or thrown into jail.
this is not about waiting for the government to do something. you only ask such
questions in societies where systems work. sadly, nothing works in nigeria.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 9:12pm On May 11, 2012
dayokanu:

The same people who are educated , exposed and well travelled actually think you are infringing on their "FREEDOM" if you tell them not to blast music at night in residential area, tell them not flog their children mercilessly and maim them, not build houses anywhere they so desire you would see that the few who think otherwise are in the minority

That is to show you the type of people Nigeria is breeding, they go to other peoples countrys and serve them in every posiible way and go back home to rubbish-their own homes, their lands. You know the type of image Nigeria has in the western countries now, i don't need to bore you with the story anymore, the drug-traffickers, and the fraudtsters, is it the government that is helping them to misbehave?. I know what their arguement will center on, no good roads, no job, no money, but that arguement is not going to save them, the day they are caught.
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 9:19pm On May 11, 2012
coogar:

but that's the tactics used by the nigerian government.
impoverish their people to the point of insanity. the depths of poverty
would prevent even the most righteous man to embrace all sorta corruption
and crime. no hungry man can reason rationally - he must think of his belly first.

this is why the odious politicians are guaranteed to retain their positions.
the ones who are stubborn are quickly executed or thrown into jail.
this is not about waiting for the government to do something. you only ask such
questions in societies where systems work. sadly, nothing works in nigeria.
Nothing is working because we are part of why things are not working, how many people pays their NEPA OR PHCN bills? how many people pay their water bills? fine, the arguement will be, afterall there is no electricity supply then why pay? why not pay and see if the interruption will not be rectified. intsead people prefer to cut and join rope togther, ordinary exam, people cannot sit down to study for WAEC or Jamb, they will be paying for expos'...do you know how dirty the whole Nigeria system is Now, is it the government that will sit down and help you to study your books?, you went to the higher institution to study islamic education or crk, and you want to rob shoulders with medical doctors and enginneers, you bribe your way up to the post of the managing director, is it the government that is receiving the bribes?. The bulk of the problem lies with the citizens and not the government. Everybody wants to live above their means at all cost, for what to show-off!!!!
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by ronkebp(f): 9:20pm On May 11, 2012
davidylan:

I pay taxes here too. A lot of it. I deserve to share in the development. Nigeria didnt care for me all the yrs i lived there.

how much tax have you paid in your own country?
Re: Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? by dayokanu(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2012
ronkebp:

That is to show you the type of people Nigeria is breeding, they go to other peoples countrys and serve them in every posiible way and go back home to rubbish-their own homes, their lands. You know the type of image Nigeria has in the western countries now, i don't need to bore you with the story anymore, the drug-traffickers, and the fraudtsters, is it the government that is helping them to misbehave?. I know what their arguement will center on, no good roads, no job, no money, but that arguement is not going to save them, the day they are caught.

If you hear the argument of some nigerians you would wonder how the country would ever develop.

Some would complain about paying taxes abroad while driving on smooth well lit and policed roads, They would come to Naija where they don't pay taxes and still expect the same amenities in the countries that pay taxes.

Most of these people would smuggle their pregnant wives abroad to give birth and enjoy the benefits of taxes contributed by the so called "mumu" who pay taxes abroad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Marriage Rules For The Digital Age / "My Mother Went Back To College At 45" - Twitter User Shares Photo / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.