Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? (17255 Views)

Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out / Is Wrestling Real Or Acting? World Wrestling Entertainment / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by giddy(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2006
One thing that keeps amazing me is the game of wrestling. Did a say a game!! Well, I dont' even think it is,

Anyway, I really want to know if the act of wrestling is real, or it's just a form of acted entertainement. But as for me, i doubt the veracity in their acts.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2006
Well I am not very sure if it's 'real' or not, I just love wrestling! Man! All da fights,and chair hitting,and I love the females wrestlings as well,pulling each other hair and 'bitch fighting',koolio! grin
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Vieira(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2006
Of course it is acting.

That is why it is called Sports Entertainment.

and that is also why you cannot bet on it like boxing or football.

The wrestlers are gifted individuals with physical skills but they have to use them in a scripted way, WWE have full time writers who write the storylines just like a TV soap opera.

The only real wrestling is at amatuer level in the Olympics and that is like greek wrestling.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Priscila(f): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2006
@ giddy
For the sake of enjoying any program don't ever be double minded everything will annoy you. Its all acting, but we take as if its real for us to enjoy watching . Unless they say its a reality Tv show, its all acting .
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by bagoma(f): 5:53am On Mar 23, 2006
@ viera,
yes, i have always thought its basically acting.
but some of the acts are real abi?
i mean, the outcome of the fights, are they also predetermined before the fights?
what about undertaker and his brother ken, he almost killed someone in the ring a long time ago, is that also part of the script? or sometimes, somethings are for real, abi?
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Vieira(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2006
Bagoma, they are all scripted including who wins and stuff.

But you are right accidents do happen that are not part of the script like the death of Owen in the ring when he fell from a great height or when HHH ripped a big muscle during a fight and still carried on.

There was a big incident with HBK when the story was for him to lose but he was angry with the management and he refused to follow the script and pinned the guy and won. He got sacked the next day!

In the past the organisers did not want everyone to know it was a story including the kids but nowadays they have admitted it and have even embraced it.

You will even get interviews with the wrestlers online nowadays discussing scripts and how they like a certain storyline more than others.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by spikelord(m): 10:31am On Mar 23, 2006
Interesting!!!
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by beyunce(f): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2006
of cos wrestling is acting, they are been told who would lose or win before they start each game.

i use to be crazy over it before, when i realized it was not real. But the pain is real all the falling are all real. Believe it or not it is acting.
I heard this from a wrestlers mouth himself. Before i never believed it wen pple tell me its fake. the thing is dat wen u know u the truth it will never interest u again.(wreslting)
Cha Cha.
Peace out.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Vieira(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2006
Even though I knew it was fake I still enjoyed it. I used to like the stories and to me it is just like watching a movie.

People still watch it a lot even though they know.

If the storylines are good you can still be sucked in.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by bagoma(f): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ veira
woooo, all of it acting?
never knew it was that way.
that sure take the shine off it for me!
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2006
ALL THAT YOU SEE IN WRESTLING IS REAL!!!!!!!!!

HOW THEN DO THEY GET THEIR ARMS AND STUFF BROKEN

i heard they take drugs to make then strong
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by richolly(m): 12:57am On Mar 24, 2006
Rhodalyn,

dont be deceived. when was the last time you heard that someone broke his/her arm or leg in a wrestling ring. twenty years plus, that would have been true but nowadays, FORGET IT!!!

it is so obvious, that even nigerian home videos are better acted
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Vieira(m): 1:23am On Mar 24, 2006
They do break thier bones but that is due to an accident.

When you doing physical stuff like that any wrong timing or lapse of concentration will lead to injury.

That is why some wrestler are not allowed to do the pile driver becos they are careless and may cripple the other wrstler, this happened to Stone Cold.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2006
@rich olly
quiet a long time ago thou wink that was sean michaels remember? triple H broke his arm or something like that
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by richolly(m): 2:11am On Mar 25, 2006
@Rhodalyn

i've been waiting for this since,
i'll just do to you exactly what you did to SEUN in the job section.

WATCH WHAT YOU ARE TYPING!!! its QUITE, not QUIET
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2006
Uh Oh
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Naijapikin(m): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2006
The owner of WWE,Vince, made me believe it's acting i.e the outcome of some fights but the pains,the blood are real-too real.
For example,Nick Foley vs Randy Orton; all Undertakers cage fights, hard core fights,etc.

These days there are too much dramas-interviews-e.g Ray Mysterio vs Eddie(of blessed cheating, sorry, memory) and the most annoying of them all, the Vince family against themselves.

Some wrestlers bring more money than others e.g Undertaker on revenge mission.

We can WWE is all about entertainment-some real,some fake.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by rikkyjen(m): 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2006
They are all fxing acting grin
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by TCUBE(m): 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2008
I think its been acted right now, I enjoyed real wrestlinng during the times of hugan, young undertaker and the warrior, those were real matches, I dont watch wwf , sorry wwe no more,
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by Uche2nna(m): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2008
TCUBE:

I think its been acted right now, I enjoyed real wrestlinng during the times of hugan, young undertaker and the warrior, those were real matches, I don't watch wwf , sorry wwe no more,

Even then it was still gimmicks. It was all about story lines , faces and heels. Thats what sells. The injuries and the stunts are for the most part real but the fact is dat both competing wrestlers know beforehand is supposed to win and all thier moves are orchestrated towards that.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by mavtrevor(m): 10:41am On Apr 24, 2008
[b]@ you all!

Wrestling is a game we've all come to love, though most people doubt its genuity. i will first startr by classifying fights.

There are two or even more types of fights, we have the championship fights and other types of fights where nothing may really be at stake.

Just as we have promoters in boxing, there are people who bet money on wrestlers, betting that this wrestler will beat the other, remember how Stone cold stopped fighting, so there are fights fixed for money just for entertainment and the title fights where the wrestlers wont mind giving their lives to defend their titles.

Its a mixed kinda game, but if i am not sure of anyother ting i am sure that the title fights are real fights, remember wrestling has rules like anyother game.So depending on the fights, some rules apply to the extreme.So when you see such fights and the ones that has limited rules, we tend to compare them, they are different levels of fights.

The issue of drug use in wrestling could not be ruled out, these guys consume steriods to train and fight.[/b]
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by beelala: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2008
serious acting. but you must have the skills and necessary training.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by smile4kenn(m): 12:01pm On Apr 30, 2008
its acting, but you have to a professional to act.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by segunpc(m): 7:22am On May 05, 2008
the thing is done right there in hollywood.
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by donugapi(m): 12:43am On Oct 10, 2008
Confirmed acting!!
Re: Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? by A40(m): 1:55am On Oct 10, 2008
Hitman and Stone Cold Steve Austin used to be my favorite fighters and then Goldberg

Talk about it being real or fake there was this wrestlemania XIV match between Hitman and Stone Cold that match was bloody ooh Hitman beat craze comot him head its a shame the way he left wrestling though and all that happened to him afterwards losing his brother,his parents and having a stroke

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala / 2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / We’re Not Happy, No Money To Sack Peseiro – NFF Speaks On 1-1 Draw With Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.