Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Okada Riders’ Widows Demand N100m From Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders’ Widows Demand N100m From Police (592 Views)

Olu Falae Took N100m From Anenih – Sahara Reporters / I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Arms Deal: I Got N100m From Mu’azu, Not Yuguda – Nwobodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okada Riders’ Widows Demand N100m From Police by soma042(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2012
\

Okada riders’ widows demand N100m from police
February 23, 2012 by Sunday Aborisade, Akure 2 Comments
Widows of the two commercial mortorcycle operators who were allegedly killed by the Police in Okitipupa, Ondo State last year, Mrs. Grace Okotie and Mrs. Queen Akarewan, have approached a High Court in Okitipupa, seeking N100m compensation for the death of their husbands.

The late motorcyclists, Messrs Robinson Okotie and Christopher Akarewan, were allegedly shot dead by some police officers on different occasions. While Okotie was allegedly shot for refusing to give a N20 bribe, Akarewan was killed at the police station for daring to challenge the officers over the death of his cousin.

In the suit No: HOK/3M/2012 filed on their behalf by their lawyer, Mr. Tope Temokun, the widows joined the state Commissioner of Police, Nigeria Police Force, John Aghaulor and Igbodi Gbefamoghan the alleged Police officers who shot the deceased as respondents.

They are also demanded for a full investigation and prosecution of the killer, of their late husbands, because they had violated their rights to life according to Section 33 of the Nigerian constitution.

The women noted that they had been nursing the children left behind by their late husbands without any assistance from anybody.

In her statement of claims, Okotie’s wife said, “My first child, Blessing is just 12 years old and she is in primary six, second born, Michael now eight years and he is in primary two, while the last born, Destiny, is two and half years old.

“I am seeking for justice over the person who killed my husband who is our breadwinner because it had been so difficult for me alone to be taking full responsibility of these children.”

The unfortunate incident had infuriated the youth in the community who stormed the police station with dangerous weapons demanding the killers of the deceased.

http://www.punchng.com/news/okada-riders-widows-demand-n100m-from-police/

(1) (Reply)

Is The Vice President An Igbo Man? / Orji’s Achievements Have Left The Opposition Behind’ / South Africa's Zuma To Wed Fourth Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.