Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! (15390 Views)

Speaking In Unknown Tongues (part 1). / TB Joshua On Leadership Newspaper Interview: I Never Spoke With Anyone / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Joagbaje(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
@be.imoore
i just saw your post, i will.respond shortly
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Oldpath(f): 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2012
Pls all brethren let us ask for patience and wisdom to answer people'questions. We are to save not to fight. A lot of people have questions to ask, i cant blame them since we have turned everything upside down, people are confused allow them to pour out their minds please.
To the topic, speaking in tongues is a gift but not for all xtian(1cor.12:30) at times Holy Spirit leads u to speak in a tongue not known to u but to others like d pentecost day which is tongue of men(1cor.13:1). Or he can give u tongue of angels(13:1) to speak with which is unknown tongue, this is where we are missing it when speaking in tongues it is for a purpose not to cause confusion like we are doing today.
He says 1cor.14:27-28 that when someone is speaking in an unknown tongue in the church let it be by 2/3 at most, then let one interprete BUT IF THERE BE NO INTERPRETER LET HIM KEEP SILENCE IN THE CHURCH which calls 4 gift of interpretation of tongues(1cor.12:10) if all tongues are known then this gift will be useless.
1Cor.14:28 says if there is none to interprete he should speak to God and himself, not shut up.
Just like someone said spiritual things can only be uderstood by children of the kingdom, those whom God has given it to.
And to those asking questions about word of God, ask God to give u the humility to recognise and receive His answers thru those that will reply. Dont stumble at the Word it is dangerous!
He has taught me this, i only reply to topics He leads. If He doesnt then nothing to say because His idea is needed not mine.
And to those forcing themselves to speak in tongues better repent, it is not taught by men but given by God and with a purpose. Speak it when He gives u utterance and if there is none to interprete then be silent, speak to Him alone.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by studM(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2012
Oldpath: Pls all brethren let us ask for patience and wisdom to answer people'questions. We are to save not to fight. A lot of people have questions to ask, i cant blame them since we have turned everything upside down, people are confused allow them to pour out their minds please.
To the topic, speaking in tongues is a gift but not for all xtian(1cor.12:30) at times Holy Spirit leads u to speak in a tongue not known to u but to others like d pentecost day which is tongue of men(1cor.13:1). Or he can give u tongue of angels(13:1) to speak with which is unknown tongue, this is where we are missing it when speaking in tongues it is for a purpose not to cause confusion like we are doing today.
He says 1cor.14:27-28 that when someone is speaking in an unknown tongue in the church let it be by 2/3 at most, then let one interprete BUT IF THERE BE NO INTERPRETER LET HIM KEEP SILENCE IN THE CHURCH which calls 4 gift of interpretation of tongues(1cor.12:10) if all tongues are known then this gift will be useless.
1Cor.14:28 says if there is none to interprete he should speak to God and himself, not shut up.
Just like someone said spiritual things can only be uderstood by children of the kingdom, those whom God has given it to.
And to those asking questions about word of God, ask God to give u the humility to recognise and receive His answers thru those that will reply. Dont stumble at the Word it is dangerous!
He has taught me this, i only reply to topics He leads. If He doesnt then nothing to say because His idea is needed not mine.
And to those forcing themselves to speak in tongues better repent, it is not taught by men but given by God and with a purpose. Speak it when He gives u utterance and if there is none to interprete then be silent, speak to Him alone.

Wrong,speaking in an unknown tongue is indeed a spiritual gift meant for every one that desire it,and not a set of people like u wrongly said,read d book of Act very well
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by iyzeek(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2013
What the bible says about more than 3 people speaking mumbo jumbo at the same time without an interpreter,( let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself,
and to God.)Will others hear u when u speak to yourself?i bet God ll hear u when u say those words in your heart:1 Corinthians 14:23-40 KJV
[23] If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that
ye are mad? [24] But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: [25] And thus are the secrets of his
heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth. [26] How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every
one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. [27] If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. [28] But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him
speak to himself, and to God. [29] Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. [30] If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his
peace. [31] For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. [32] And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. [33] For God is
not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. [34] Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they
are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. [35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in
the church. [36] What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? [37] If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. [38] But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. [39] Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not
to speak with tongues. [40] Let all things be done decently and in order.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by Deanne: 5:06am On Nov 19, 2013
The first time I asked a person to prey for me to receive speaking in tongues I did receive it, it was only out of curiosity that I asked to receive it as I am not a practicing Christian.
I was really scared when it happened as I never thought it would happen. I am not a Christian in the true sense although I do believe in a higher spirit and the evil spirit. I have not spoken in tongues out aloud since then, but my partner tells me that I do it in my sleep.
I have been told by a Christian pastor that it is the work of the devil and that I will need an exorcism.
Because I am not sure if it is the work of good or evil and would like to have this gone from me. How would I go about doing that?
Why would I receive this gift from Christ if I am not a Christian, that's why I have my doubts.
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by nwakaibeya1: 3:17pm On May 24, 2015
speaking in tongues is rubbish and must be discouraged among speakers because pastors and prophets etc use it to cage and decieve ignorant people in churches because they lack the strange unbeleivable power of jesuschrist to save parishioners just like they use fasting and night vigil to prolong bondages and cage people in churches ?if the raw power of jesuschrist is with you as his JESUSCHRIST follower which he promised those who follow him you dont need those long suffering as if God and jesuschrist is very far where as those people they call witches and wizards and native doctors and occult people of all sorts whom they see as evil dont fast and night vigil still they exhibit power and those powers they use belong to jesuschrist why not see discover jesuschrist real powers which you can seek from us to enable you stop suffering in silence but even after speaking in tongues witches and wizards still oppress you at night and you still fear the occult world?cant you see that something is missing in your life which is the LIGHT of Jesus christ?have you asked yourself why jesuschrist said i am the light of the world?behold Evil marine,occult world rules and many claiming to know JESUSCHRIST or dont know CHRIST and secular have their roots and power from there and pretend before spiritual ignorant humans aand thats why lots of evil are all over the place evn with speaking in tongues?
Re: Stop It! No One Spoke In Unknown Tongues In The Bible! by paulGrundy(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
IN A NUT SHELL,IF YOU MUST SPEAK IN TONGUE, THERE MUST BE AN INTERPRETER WHO WILL ACTUALLY TRANSLATE IT TO THE HEARERS, AND IF NOT, YOU HAVE 'VIOLATED THE LORDS COMMANDMENT' IN DOING IT YOUR OWN WAY, SIMPLE.

1COR 14:27,28,37 (KJV)

27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.

AND THATS THE ONLY WAY THAT WE CAN CHECK THOSE WHO PRACTICE ''learned glossolalia''

I disagree with you, glossalia is not learned it is prompted by the spirit. The interpretation is also prompted by the spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.