Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks (3956 Views)

I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless —robbery Suspect / Nigerian Man And His Gangs Scammed British Citizens Of £3million Pics / Pandemonium In Ikorodu This Morning As Armed Robbers Attack Two Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by thenewsman: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2012
A 30 man gang, on Wednesday, raided a first generation bank at Ijebu-Igbo, while another six-man gang raided a micro-finance bank at Ijebu-Mushin, both in Ogun State.

The 30-man gang arrived at the bank at about 11am in three vehicles - a coaster bus, a space bus and a Toyota Sienna.

They destroyed the bank’s security doors with explosives and shot sporadically into the air before the bank manager led them to the vault, while the workers and customers were held hostage.

The robbers looted the vault and the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and carted away an undisclosed amount of money.

Read More: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/robbery-gangs-raid-two-banks
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2012
and where was the police during all this time?! oh yeah, safely collecting bribes on the road. lol!
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by daywatcher: 11:35am On Feb 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

and where was the police during all this time?! oh yeah, safely collecting bribes on the road. lol!

so should the police be guarding every bank in the country now?
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Jakumo(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2012
No cause for alarm, folks.   That SPORADIC gunfire at robbery scenes is generally celebratory in nature, and nobody who minds their own business will eat hot lead while the liquidity re-apportionment protocol is being implemented by the visiting delegation of gentlemen with big guns.

Seriously though, this is what happens when Nigerian cops are deprived of their "daily bread" that has traditionally been collected at road-blocks.
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by aglomar: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2012
Again? Is the security that lax in d state?

Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Honeycity(f): 11:46am On Feb 23, 2012
again? shocked
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 23, 2012
Thank God nobody was killed.
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2012
That state ! Hmmn i reserve my comment
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by deleadej1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
Hope these robberies is not political?Because during OGD tenure is not as worst as this,
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Leemak: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
Effects of mass sack by banks,high rate of unemployment & laxity in security in d country,
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Jemibee: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
before we know it, they'll say it's Boko Haram. May God help our country, BH or robbers, all we want is security of lives and property!!

If you keep money at home, robbers will come for it, and if it's in a bank, they'll still go after it. What are the Nigerian peeps then expected to do with their hard earned money
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by tEsLim(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2012
30 men gang. Na blood bath go happen if confronted. Them too plenty. Nigerian police station self no dey get reach 30 staffs. Maybe 10 na him dey always dey on duty and half of them dey road block
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Sike(m): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
No Wonder no bank opened today in Ijebu-ode.
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by velo10: 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Security in Nigeria remains a joke. Whatever happened to the MOPOL dispatched to banks?
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by purefella(m): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
that bastard OGUN STATE both armed robbers and ritualists are doing ok there . God punish all of them
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by alahamad(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
NAIJA!!!!!, abeg which part of naija is the safest?,

North na Boko Haram guys way dey trow bomb like knockout,
South na total bad guys/militancy, daylight robery nd so on,
East na serious ritualists among others,
Lagos na Agberos way fit chance you at any time of the day,

Abeg how do I even start loving dis silly place called Naija?

I have been to every state except Adamawa nd taraba, non is excluded from one security lapse or another, its not the same in other parts of the world so what is really wrong abeg make una tell me,
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2012
al-ahamad:

NAIJA!!!!!, abeg which part of naija is the safest?,

North na Boko Haram guys way dey trow bomb like knockout,
South na total bad guys/militancy, daylight robery nd so on,
East na serious ritualists among others,
Lagos na Agberos way fit chance you at any time of the day,

Abeg how do I even start loving dis silly place called Naija?

I have been to every state except Adamawa nd taraba, non is excluded from one security lapse or another, its not the same in other parts of the world so what is really wrong abeg make una tell me,

Sorry if i may ask but which ritualists are in the east again and can you give me a timeline of when last they struck? Just asking. Thanks.
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by alahamad(m): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2012
@bandit C,
Just answer by telling me which part is safe before you ask me another question, typical, que for que,

Nd if u don't have an asnwer then go make ur reserch urself,
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by Tinyemeka(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^ Enugu and Owerri have been safe places for a long time now. That much I can tell.

You say you've been in almost all parts of Nigeria. Which parts of Imo and Enugu have you lived in?
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by olukenny: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
If you don't know what to say why don't you keep quit,
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by alahamad(m): 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
@tinyemeka, I lived in Nnsuka for 1 year during my NYSC, was always chilling at the bar near 'FLAT', am sure u knw the place nd the kinda crapy mess u can get ur self in once its dark, coupled wit d funny gists we always hear happening in Ogbolaafo, then cultist episodes on d regular,

I have been to Owerri countless times nd am sure you can't deny the crappy acts comited by ritualists in the "hotel" nd "Motel" dominated city,
Re: Robbery Gangs Raid Two Banks by nowal: 11:08am On Feb 24, 2012
It's very embarrassing for a state with a governor to vbe under the threat of Armed robbers to the extent that no financial transaction involving bank can take place within a big region of the state for more than 3 months. I was at OOU yesterday to process my certificate and part of the requirements is to get drafts from the banks and you can't get that done because all the banks on the campus, ago-iwoye, ijebu-igbo, ijebu-mushin, sagamu, ijebu-ode are closed.  The banks on the campus have been taken over by overgrown weeds, learnt they were all robbed the same day around October last year and lots of people lost their lives. The government should be blamed for this. The new governor is busy running after all his political enemies over properties and is not bothered with security in his state. My sister told me the same type of operation was carried out on all banks at Ilaro. so what is AMOSUN doing?

(1) (Reply)

Women Beat NEPA Men Seriously Because They Wanted To Cut Off Their Light (video) / Rape Laws In Islamic Pakistan / Photos Of Victims Who Died At Lekki Toll Gate Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.