Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha (4005 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Exclusive Interview With UNIBEN VC Professor Osayuki Oshodin / UNILAG VC Professor Adetokunbo Babatunde Sofoluwe Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by mukina2: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2012
The Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria will sack about 289 staff because they were illegally employed, the Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Abdullahi Mustapha said yesterday.

Mustapha said the issue of screening the university’s staff came up when complaints came up that some of the staff were illegally employed.

“You should know that we have procedures here. Nobody has right to employ even a junior staff in this university without my approval. Powers of employment is that of the Council which was delegated to me. The other sets of people that can also employ staff are directors of institutes and even them it has to be with my consent. Employments in ABU have to also follow some laid down procedures that include interviews and screening.

“Complaints, however, began reaching my office that some people were employed not in accordance with our procedures. At first, I regarded those complaints as mere rumours but when they became overbearing, I set up a committee to investigate all the allegations from the day I assumed office on May 1, 2010 to December, 2011.

“Unfortunately, the committee discovered that about 289 people were employed without adhering to our procedures and above all, without my approval. There is no way we will allow that to stand because if we do that, we are killing the system.

Employing staff without following due process is a gross misconduct and an act of insubordination. If we can sack about 10 lecturers because of misconduct, then it would not be fair for us to leave staff that were illegally employed on our payroll,” he said.

The rumours of the proposed sacking of the ABU staff has brought about anxiety in Zaria, especially when those who believed they would be affected by the exercise went to lodge a formal complaint with the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idri.

The Emir’s Chief Protocol Officer, Ciroman Shantali Alhaji Abubakar Ladan, has confirmed to Daily Trust that the emir had received a complaint and that “the emir is trying to mediate for a peaceful resolution.”

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155368:why-abu-will-sack-289-staff-vc&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by Tolexander: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2012
na wetin i click, na wetin dm give me? Na wu com get problem naw, seun or . . . . .
Re: Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by doctokwus: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2012
Legitimate1:

I mean they shouldn't worry
Legitimate1:

Ok they should worry. They should read the image below for better job tongue wink
I feel everyone shud indeed worry over ur message
Re: Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by aglomar: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2012
Great! My alma mata, Olabisi Onabanjo University, sacked thousands and she is better for it. Just imagine a HOD having 4 secretaries.
Re: Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by stepo707: 11:18am On Feb 23, 2012
All this Sacking this days ehn!
Re: Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by kelz88(f): 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
Woah!!! That's a very high number. Bribery and corruption/nepotism as usual. Smh!!
Re: Abu To Sack 289 Illegally Employed Staff — Vc Professor Abdullahi Mustapha by afinic001(m): 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
He wants to sack them and bring in his own people!! For him to have said some people were employed illegally without his consent shows that there is a serious lapse in the university system. Because the school's wage bill would have increased and the school's bursar with the accounts section should have detected it!!

(1) (Reply)

2018/2019 FUNAAB Msc. Candidates Lets Meet Here / Amazing Car That Has Swimming Pool,helicopter Landing Space,sitting Room And.. / See UNIBEN Examination Questions Trending Online (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.