Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! (14242 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic / “jonathan Or Not, Niger Delta ‘ll Resume Militancy This Year” – Annkio Briggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by samstradam: 6:43am On Feb 27, 2012
Obiagu1:

Who led the coup is open for debate. Some said Theophilus Danjuma, some said Muritala Mohammed. Who actually led the coup? All I know was that Yakubu Gowon, a Northerner, was already the Army Chief. Was that the highest position in the Army? Yes. So they did not pick him from nowhere and my mind tells me he pulled the strings from the top. Theophilus Danjuma and Muritala Mohammed were mere foot soldiers.

When it comes to stepping down, I don't know if anyone had ever done that. Ojukwu was already the leader and there was no debate about who should lead. You said you would have stepped down but there was no reason for that except you feel you are not competent or qualified to lead and I believe you wouldn't have stepped down either. There was no precedent to base your judgement on.

How was the minorities not carried along? Was the 2IC not a minority? Probably because he was not an Ijaw man. Every decision taken before the war involved everyone. You can't dispute that.

Why did we lose that war? Maybe you should look into the crash of a plane in Cameroon that was carrying arms to Biafra before the war started.

Obiagu1, for someone who seems to get so riled about 60s politics/history, you tend to need a lot of correction.

The point in bold is factually wrong. Even if you think about it in the recent past in Nigeria, anytime there is a Military Regime, the COAS is not the most senior army officer (the most senior one besides obviously the HOS are either the CGS, CDS etc).

Anyway in this case when Lt.Col Gowon was appointed COAS in Jan 1966 there were a host of southern officers that senioredhim which he regularly saluted, and they were given what was considered at that time far more influential positions in the Supreme hq, though the immediate next after Ironsi was Brig Gen Ogundipe, who became the CGS (effectively the VP), which was the role Ironsi held before he became HOS. Even both the southern Military Governors, Col Fajuyi and Lt Col Ojukwu both seniored him, and I’m surprised you don’t know Ojukwu seniored him which was another clash they had before/during the war.

Anyway after the northerners had done what they did in the ,counter coup later that year, Brig Ogundipe, Col Adebayo , Col Ejoor and Lt Col Ojukwu were still around and effectively his seniors. If you need links, google or go check Ojukwu’s Wiki page.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Obiagu1(m): 6:56am On Feb 27, 2012
^^^

Sorry about that. I meant to say "was that the highest position in the Army held by a Northerner?"
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 7:02am On Feb 27, 2012
Obiagu1:

I've never been against One East but the idea that one has to give up power to keep them happy is completely unacceptable to me. It's even annoying. You have yet to give me a valid occasion where such happened and as I stated, there was no precedent for Biafran leadership to base their planning on and there was no leadership problem in the East.

As for Northern minorities ruling more than Hausa/Fulani, they got there as a result of their courage and risk to their lives. Name one Northern minority that was democratically elected to lead the North or Nigeria?

My brother there is nothing to be angry about. lol
We the East found ourselves in an extraordinary circumstance; we (Ndigbo, as the Eastern majority tribe) needed extraordinary strategies to emerge victorious because the pogrom was already targeting largely our people.
Ndigbo si na anu gbaa ajo oso, agba ya ajo egbe (if a bush meat runs counter-intuitively, the hunter must also shoot counter-intuitively ). cool
Gowon was in power for 9 years (7 years after the war), until the Hausa/Fulani felt he'd been there long enough, they replaced him with (guess who?) Murtala of course. I don't want to go into what happened to the middle belt from then on.
Nna, I really think that you are taking this the wrong way.

I repeat[b] isi ala adighi ato n'ebe akporo ya.[/b] No one in his right sense in Eastern Nigeria would attempt to enslave the Igbo. Such can only happen in Nigeria, not Biafra. Like I said before, the "worst" that can happen to us in Biafra would be EQUAL OPPORTUNITY to ALL.  cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Obiagu1(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2012
^^^

There's nothing about that only that you based your argument on a false premise. Thephilus Danjuma is a Northern minority and Muritala Mohammed was from Edo State. So I maintain that there was no extraordinary planning and consideration made by the coupists to carry Northern minorities along. What they knew then was North and only North.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2012
Obiagu1:

^^^

There's nothing about that only that you based your argument on a false premise. Thephilus Danjuma is a Northern minority and[b] Muritala Mohammed was from Edo State. [/b]So I maintain that there was no extraordinary planning and consideration made by the coupists to carry Northern minorities along. What they knew then was North and only North.

The bolded is not what his biography says. He may have been an offsring of an edo Woman but his father was not Edo. He was born in Karawa Kano in 1938. As far as I know (and he believed) he was HAUSA. His names are Murtala Ramat Muhammad. I know there are edo muslims, but he was a pure Kano man.

I think I have raised all the issues I wanted to raise on this thread. So, I'm calling it a day for now.  cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by SamIkenna: 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
To cut this whole thing short - we all can exist independently and peacefully too. However, we still can can coexist in one nation if we genuinely discuss the terms of a united nation made up of different nations. The problem with Nigeria is that we hurriedly took the bait from Britain because the founding fathers wanted them to leave on the spot, now we are suffering it. We can do better now that we've seen the kind of fate that can befall a humpty dumpty hastily tinkered nation.

In the nutshell- we can live independently and peacefully in the east just as we can also live together as one country.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by alex14(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
ChinenyeN:

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you envisioning, when you think about 2015? Can you expand upon the decisiveness of it all, as you see it, of course?

I stated that 2015 and beyond (if nigeria disntegrates or remains one, doesn't matter) would be vital to how we relate with them because that will be period we will realize "if doing thesame thing will either get us thesame result or a different result" undecided. I believe this is a period when most Igbo will let them know that two can play thesame game if they continue in their hate infested traits for Ndigbo, and I already know who will loose big time if it comes to that.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dede1(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2012
Onlytruth:

I'm happy that you at least acknowledge the facts of history and stated them as they are.
What is unfair and even self defeating, is to talk about Biafran war and secession effort as a purely Igbo affair. It wasn't. The same applies to how we tend to present Ojukwu (though I blame that partly on his post war roles) as Igbo leader. Fact is that he was the BIAFRAN/Eastern Nigerian leader. I remember an Igbo song "Ojukwu bu eze Biafra" which praised his exploits during the war.

When we had our memorial service here in the US for Ojukwu, every state of the former Eastern region(plus Anioma) PAID to sponsor it. One of the non-Igbo ones (Akwa Ibom) even paid the highest amount.
That is the reality of Biafra. Republic of Igboland has never existed; Biafra did. So, I am very determined not to skew history and facts of our secession "agenda" in Nigeria.
For me, Eastern Nigeria remains one until someone opts out.
If the Fulani who don't even marry Hausa women except very rich and powerful Hausa families can still keep the North one, I believe that we Igbo can keep the East one. I would consider it a failure if we don't do that. We cannot, and should NEVER accept a divided Eastern Nigeria because it would be strategically dangerous to our survival.

So, we keep the East united, BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY. cool

Bros, Onlytruth, come on; you are the person who has adamantly skewed the Biafran effort as Igbo affair/thing alone by stating in prints that “Ndigbo did not carry minorities along”. As a contrarian to that stream of thought, I have maintained that minorities were in the forefront of Biafran issues and had numerated important and authoritative positions held by minorities in Biafra including christening the country. It must be recalled among the best brigade commanders of Biafran armed forces were Ibibio, Annang and Kalabari peeps.

Till today, majority of people from Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni had rather shut their mouths about Biafra/Nigeria war than play biblical Peter who denied Jesus when the chips were down. If the so-called people of Ikwerre, who could pass as Igbo, denied being Igbo since the end of Nigeria/Biafra civil war, I had rather share a nationality with Ibibio, Annang or Ogani than Ikwerre.

I have no problem in keeping the east united instance of disintegration of Nigeria if every player understands what it takes to keep east united. However, I intend to obey the first law of nature which is self-preservation hence pursuit of Republic of Igbo land. I shall vehemently refuse to play either Zik or Ironsi. smiley smiley

Like I wrote in my pervious post to acknowledge historical facts, I reiterated that Nigeria/Biafra civil war is the amalgam of my political philosophy.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
alex_101:

I stated that 2015 and beyond (if nigeria disntegrates or remains one, doesn't matter) would be vital to how we relate with them because that will be period we will realize "if doing thesame thing will either get us thesame result or a different result" undecided. I believe this is a period when most Igbo will let them know that two can play thesame game if they continue in their hate infested traits for Ndigbo, and I already know who will loose big time if it comes to that.

May God bless you my brother!  cool

Honestly, for the life of me, I don't know why some of our brothers can't envision what you just said. They don't understand that anyi kwesiri iji ofo.
(we are supposed to complete our investment first, after which we would have developed a political, historical and moral LOCUS STANDI to demand payments, or at least a reciprocation of our goodwill. One good turn they say deserves another.
It is at that time that we can then ride the winds of the golden rule to our destiny, irrespective of any force lined against us from anywhere.
If you carefully look at Nigeria's history, you would see that our fathers invested heavily (as I'm advocating here) on other groups. That is why Ojukwu is today celebrated by even some of the groups that hated him most when he was alive. They have no choice! You can't subdue truth.

In any case, my main concern is that we Ndigbo are too quick to cede our investments or relationships or natural advantages to others for sentimental reasons. If I invested in developing the Trans Amadi Industrial Estate in PH for instance, or in Calabar under the Eastern Nigeria government, only a sustained war would pry them off my hands! Ejighi akpata atufuo aba ogaranya. It would even be more unreasonable to cede what no one has demanded aggressively.

Hausa is spoken even to the gates of Igboland at Idah. It says a lot about our opponents up North. I don't know why we are aggressive in business and sports and everything else, except politics. One of the things I learned from white folks is that they are aggressive in business, but they are even MORE aggressive in politics.  cool  It makes sense because without politics you cannot control your investments!

Anyway, I would take Briggs statements and wait.  cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, Onlytruth, come on; you are the person who has adamantly skewed the Biafran effort as Igbo affair/thing alone by stating in prints that “Ndigbo did not carry minorities along”. As a contrarian to that stream of thought, I have maintained that minorities were in the forefront of Biafran issues and had numerated important and authoritative positions held by minorities in Biafra including christening the country. It must be recalled among the best brigade commanders of Biafran armed forces were Ibibio, Annang and Kalabari peeps.

Till today, majority of people from Ibibio, Annang and Ogoni had rather shut their mouths about Biafra/Nigeria war than play biblical Peter who denied Jesus when the chips were down. If the so-called people of Ikwerre, who could pass as Igbo, denied being Igbo since the end of Nigeria/Biafra civil war, I had rather share a nationality with Ibibio, Annang or Ogani than Ikwerre.

I have no problem in keeping the east united instance of disintegration of Nigeria if every player understands what it takes to keep east united. However, I intend to obey the first law of nature which is self-preservation hence pursuit of Republic of Igbo land. I shall vehemently refuse to play either Zik or Ironsi. smiley smiley

Like I wrote in my pervious post to acknowledge historical facts, I reiterated that Nigeria/Biafra civil war is the amalgam of my political philosophy.

Bros, the bolded is the most laughable thing I've read from you so far! hehehe! grin grin grin

I am not cast in the mold of the two men you mentioned, and I will explain how.
If I was Zik for instance, Western Cameroon would still be in Nigeria today. I don't care many times folks tell me that he had no choice than to let them go. I would have done everything to keep them in Eastern Nigeria. As you should know by now, I don't cede territories just for pride or sentimental reasons. Ernest Endelley would have been the Premier of Eastern Nigeria, and I would have aligned with Awolowo to gain independence in 1957.

As for Ironsi, where do I even start. I won't say much about him (because his role was military), but I would not be toppled by anybody. cool
The military is by far the easier horse to ride than politics and people. Suffice it to say that the counter-coup would never even happen at all, talkless of it failing. Ironsi never understood the power he had. Unfortunately for him, second lieutenants understood them more than him.
Sad.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by OneNaira6: 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2012
After reading half of this I felt the need to intervine. Onlytruth, I respect and adore what you say. Dede1, Ezachi, etc, Una have good points as well.  This is a very good argument and una have every right to suspect this new change of heart from the minorities especially Ezachi (I read you are one of Biafran veteran, I now have nothing but alot of respect for you. Thank you for fighting for Igbo children's future) but

What are una doing? SS minorities have done umu Igbo wrong lots of times, they have betrayed us no deny that but if a group of people ask for forgiveness give it to them.  Don't hold on grudges because all I'm seeing from reading this some umu Igbo creating enemies for themselves.  We aren't clean you know. We've done them wrong as well.  Haba. If we analyze this one by one and we extend una logic, then the creation of Igboland republic will not work either. why?  every Igbo communities has betrayed another igbo community one way or another either political, economical, geographical, etc. If una can forgive eachother, why can't una extend that same forgiveness to others.

Also, a delta igbo or a Rivers Igbo will not leave his or her homeland, his or her family heritage to go to SE Nigeria in the process of an all Igbo country. If we push the minorities out and have them create the republic of Niger-delta as una wish for them, they would not let go of any region in Delta or Rivers even if it belongs to Igbos thus either way another Biafran War will surface. It will not work. We can leave together economically but differ politically if una are that scared of uniting with them. We can just copy the politically interaction of USA, Puerto Rico and United States Virgin Islands. Shikena.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by ChinenyeN(m): 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
One_Naira, forgiving them is not the issue, as that has already been taken care of. The issue instead is to treat this propaganda with utmost caution. As it stands right now, this recent propaganda of a "change of heart" warrants all the criticism in the world, because the dynamics surrounding the relationship between SE and ND are not comprehensible. In fact, the relationship itself is not clearly defined. We entered post-Biafra with a cliffhanger, and that is how things have remained, up until this very point. Please, can you or anyone else tell me where SE stands in regards to its relationship with ND? Can you or anyone else tell me if there even exists any kind of shared understanding between these two regions?

This acute "change of heart" just happened upon us all so suddenly. It is as though a random bell were rung, and people just decided to rush back to the beginning of post-Biafra; rush back to the edge of that cliff, as if to say a bridge miraculously formed. Truth be forever told, there is no bridge. The cliff's edge remains unclad, leading to God knows where. Simply put, it makes no sense to look upon this recent propaganda with welcoming eyes.

Until a reasonable bridge has been built; until both sides know where they stand in this nonsensical, fuzzy relationship, there will never be a reason why ANY IGBO would willingly rush to the cliff's edge, as if to say they are going to jump across to meet ND on the other side. Foolishness. No bridge equals no shared understanding. No shared understanding equals no defined relationship, and no defined relationship equal no reason for me or anyone else to look upon this propaganda with optimism.

No one should be hasty to interact with anyone "in good faith", especially not in this particular period in history.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
One_Naira:

After reading half of this I felt the need to intervine. Onlytruth, I respect and adore what you say. Dede1, Ezachi, etc, Una have good points as well.  This is a very good argument and una have every right to suspect this new change of heart from the minorities especially Ezachi (I read you are one of Biafran veteran, I now have nothing but alot of respect for you. Thank you for fighting for Igbo children's future) but

What are una doing? SS minorities have done umu Igbo wrong lots of times, they have betrayed us no deny that but if a group of people ask for forgiveness give it to them.  Don't hold on grudges because all I'm seeing from reading this some umu Igbo creating enemies for themselves.  We aren't clean you know. We've done them wrong as well.  Haba. If we analyze this one by one and we extend una logic, then the creation of Igboland republic will not work either. why?  every Igbo communities has betrayed another igbo community one way or another either political, economical, geographical, etc. If una can forgive eachother, why can't una extend that same forgiveness to others.

Also, a delta igbo or a Rivers Igbo will not leave his or her homeland, his or her family heritage to go to SE Nigeria in the process of an all Igbo country. If we push the minorities out and have them create the republic of Niger-delta as una wish for them, they would not let go of any region in Delta or Rivers even if it belongs to Igbos thus either way another Biafran War will surface. It will not work. We can leave together economically but differ politically if una are that scared of uniting with them. We can just copy the politically interaction of USA, Puerto Rico and United States Virgin Islands. Shikena.

When some of our brothers charged that some of us who believe in keeping our region united are insane, I say that they (who want to cede parts of Igboland in SS for pride and sentiment )are the insane ones. It is my personal opinion that Anioma land hosts some of the finest Igbo, and Rivers state hosts some very proud Igbo aborigines. Therefore, like someone already said, SE and SS are joined at the hip.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
ChinenyeN:

One_Naira, forgiving them is not the issue, as that has already been taken care of. The issue instead is to treat this propaganda with utmost caution. As it stands right now, this recent propaganda of a "change of heart" warrants all the criticism in the world, because the dynamics surrounding the relationship between SE and ND are not comprehensible. In fact, the relationship itself is not clearly defined. We entered post-Biafra with a cliffhanger, and that is how things have remained, up until this very point. Please, can you or anyone else tell me where SE stands in regards to its relationship with ND? Can you or anyone else tell me if there even exists any kind of shared understanding between these two regions?

This acute "change of heart" just happened upon us all so suddenly. It is as though a random bell were rung, and people just decided to rush back to the beginning of post-Biafra; rush back to the edge of that cliff, as if to say a bridge miraculously formed. Truth be forever told, there is no bridge. The cliff's edge remains unclad, leading to God knows where. Simply put, it makes no sense to look upon this recent propaganda with welcoming eyes.

Until a reasonable bridge has been built; until both sides know where they stand in this nonsensical, fuzzy relationship, there will never be a reason why ANY IGBO would willingly rush to the cliff's edge, as if to say they are going to jump across to meet ND on the other side. Foolishness. No bridge equals no shared understanding. No shared understanding equals no defined relationship, and no defined relationship equal no reason for me or anyone else to look upon this propaganda with optimism.

No one should be hasty to interact with anyone "in good faith", especially not in this particular period in history.

The cliff edge you talk about is only is the mentality of some of you.
How can you receive what you never demanded?
Why are younger Igbo who should be improving on the achievements of our fathers be retrogressing so badly?
Why did the NCNC control the East, but APGA is confined to two Igbo states? These are questions we should be asking ourselves, instead of accusing others and boxing ourselves in a political corner.

Why not MASSOB stop being stoopid and get serious for once?
Why not Ohanaeze develop credibility and publish what they agreed with Ijaw for instance so that we know when they betray that agreement?

On the other hand, it could be that something is going on, far away from the cameras.
For me, my support for Jonathan ends this year if he fails to deliver Enugu International Airport and fix the Niger bridge (build a new one), because I cannot see what he has done for us so far. I wouldn't even wait till 2015 to start serious politicking.
The only way he retains my support is if he did some MAJOR things for us this year. cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by ephomoghia: 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
I know Annkio Briggs will be speaking for the Niger Delta people and will never call on the igbos to goin us because we the Niger Deltans know that the  Igbos are worse and they can not be trusted their so called Biafra was because of the same oil, our leaders found that out and that was why they withdrew their support for Ojukwu.

So the caption of this topic is different from the message from the Annkio know that all Man to himself - Igbos dont be afraid to stand alone or cant u survive without the Niger Deltans? is like no Nigerian will but yet you all refuse to accept the fact rather you all boast emptily
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Obiagu1(m): 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
ephomoghia:

I know Annkio Briggs will be speaking for the Niger Delta people and will never call on the igbos to goin us because we the Niger Deltans know that the  Igbos are worse and they can not be trusted their so called Biafra was because of the same oil, our leaders found that out and that was why they withdrew their support for Ojukwu.

So the caption of this topic is different from the message from the Annkio know that all Man to himself - Igbos dont be afraid to stand alone or cant u survive without the Niger Deltans? is like no Nigerian will but yet you all refuse to accept the fact rather you all boast emptily  

Your input is needed in this thread not on this one you just posted.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-881188.0.html
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Onlytruth(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
ephomoghia:

"ephomoghia = efuom ohia" is a new id here which is even Igbo, meaning "I'm lost in the wilderness". grin
Poster lacks credibility. cool
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by noiseless: 10:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
@chinenyen, not much for now,and thanks for the effort.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by noiseless: 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
Haa haa! That sort of IDs are created to purposely to chase igbo thread around.
Obiagu1:

Your input is needed in this thread not on this one you just posted.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-881188.0.html
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by EzeUche(m): 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
I would add more comments, but ChinenyeN has said everything I wanted to say.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dede1(m): 12:00am On Feb 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

Bros, the bolded is the most laughable thing I've read from you so far! hehehe! grin grin grin

I am not cast in the mold of the two men you mentioned, and I will explain how.
If I was Zik for instance, Western Cameroon would still be in Nigeria today. I don't care many times folks tell me that he had no choice than to let them go. I would have done everything to keep them in Eastern Nigeria. As you should know by now, I don't cede territories just for pride or sentimental reasons. Ernest Endelley would have been the Premier of Eastern Nigeria, and I would have aligned with Awolowo to gain independence in 1957.

As for Ironsi, where do I even start. I won't say much about him (because his role was military), but I would not be toppled by anybody. cool
The military is by far the easier horse to ride than politics and people. Suffice it to say that the counter-coup would never even happen at all, talkless of it failing. Ironsi never understood the power he had. Unfortunately for him, second lieutenants understood them more than him.
Sad.

If I can remember correctly, western Cameroon alone did not constitute entire Southern British Cameroon. You can take the horse to the stream but you can not force the horse to drink. In 1951, Emmanuel Mbela Lifafa Endeley was elected into the eastern Nigerian regional house of assembly and was made regional minister. However, he championed the course to grant regional autonomy to Southern British Cameroon. By 1953, Endeley decamped from NCNC to form KNC (Kamerun National Caongress).

It must be recalled that Endeley had strong local competition from the likes of John Foncha, Augustin Jua and Solomon Muna. These individuals were interested in achieving regional autonomy for Southern British Cameroon and possibly sovereign nation wished to be known as Republic of Southern Cameroon or Republic of Ambazonia. In 1953, Endeley was elected into Southern British Cameroon Regional Assembly and four years later in 1957 was elected the first Premier of Southern British Cameroon Region. The political ember these gentlemen started in order to achieve independence for Southern Cameroon is still burning as I write.

My grandfather said it is a waste of time and material trying to curry a favor from a woman who had decided to leave you. Good to hear you were not cast in the mold of the two men (Zik and Ironsi). However, I must warn it is very dangerous to leave the cockpit of your plane in the hands of another captain. If the debacle at Ore did not teach any Igbo person a lesson, I wonder what could teach such person a lesson.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dede1(m): 12:16am On Feb 28, 2012
One_Naira:

After reading half of this I felt the need to intervine. Onlytruth, I respect and adore what you say. Dede1, Ezachi, etc, Una have good points as well. This is a very good argument and una have every right to suspect this new change of heart from the minorities especially Ezachi (I read you are one of Biafran veteran, I now have nothing but alot of respect for you. Thank you for fighting for Igbo children's future) but

What are una doing? SS minorities have done umu Igbo wrong lots of times, they have betrayed us no deny that but if a group of people ask for forgiveness give it to them. Don't hold on grudges because all I'm seeing from reading this some umu Igbo creating enemies for themselves. We aren't clean you know. We've done them wrong as well. Haba. If we analyze this one by one and we extend una logic, then the creation of Igboland republic will not work either. why? every Igbo communities has betrayed another igbo community one way or another either political, economical, geographical, etc. If una can forgive eachother, why can't una extend that same forgiveness to others.

It is this type of ludicrous conjecture that people such as Ezachi, Obiagu1 and Dede1 are laboring very hard to dismiss. There is nothing such as Delta Igbo or Rivers Igbo or Enugu Igbo or Abia Igbo or Anamabra Igbo or Ebony Igbo or Imo Igbo or SE Igbo. Igbo land stretches from or beyond Obollo Afor/Eungu Ezike/Gerkam to Igwe Ocha/Igwe Nga/Ubani and from or beyond Abaomega to Agbo.

It is very childish to insinuate any Igbo person has to leave his or her village or local heritage to migrate to another place in order to be accepted as an Igbo.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by rafindo(m): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
all of u clamourn for biafra are dreamers,visionles,.foolhardly.i better suport hawaii to secede or even tibet from china than a visionles project cald biafra.i dont know wat nia.sss are doin.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Ngodigha1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
rafindo:

all of u clamourn for biafra are dreamers,visionles,.foolhardly.i better suport hawaii to secede or even tibet from china than a visionles project cald biafra.i dont know wat nia.sss are doin.
Monkey, shut up your smelly mouth. People have a right to freedom of expression. You should not come here and insult them because of their views. Idiott.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by EzeUche(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
The way some of my Igbo brothers are commenting on this thread, I can tell they do not interact with the people of the Niger Delta. That is why they are making such comments about some phantom unity. If you want to know how the people of the Niger Delta feel about the "Core" Igbos, I suggest you go to Port Harcourt or Yenagoa, before you make a comment about this new "unity" between our regions.

Some people may be surprised to hear that that even the Annang would be against a Biafra. The fear of Igbo domination is real in the Niger Delta and the younger generation has this view just like the older generation. When I see Onlytruth discuss this topic, he wants the wider Igbo to make concessions to ease the fear of the minorities within this reason. Why should the Ndigbo bend over backwards for this people, when we have the most to lose? Have you people forgotten the abandoned property saga?
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Ngodigha1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^
For the fact that England is richer, bigger, more successful than their British neighbours, all those Irish, Scots and Welsh will always complain and fear the mighty. It is common everywhere. Even in the then Soviet Union, The Uzbeks, Latvians, Ukrainians, Estonians etc feared the Russians.
In the East, Ndigbo with their huge size of 71%, is always a worry to minorities and will always be. But the east either minority or majority must move ahead and stand side by side against those who have held them down for so long.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 29, 2012
Ngodigha1:

^^^
For the fact that England is richer, bigger, more successful than their British neighbours, all those Irish, Scots and Welsh will always complain and fear the mighty. It is common everywhere. [/b]Even in the then Soviet Union, The Uzbeks, Latvians, Ukrainians, Estonians etc feared the Russians.
In the East, Ndigbo with their huge size of 71%, is always a worry to minorities and will always be. B[b]ut the east either minority or majority must move ahead and stand side by side against those who have held them down for so long.

wise man
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by ephomoghia: 10:37am On Feb 29, 2012
I really pity the Igbos because they hardly learn, they keep thinking the average Niger Deltan speaks, reasons and boast the way they do if only they can see our hearts, they keep saying they own others lands, claiming what they are not- no wander they keep recording the highest number of casualties in Nigeria because they keep thinking they are better than other tribes.

Well no one can force his or herself on anyone, the igbos should be matured enough to stand alone literally. No Niger Deltan not even an ikwerri or an ogwacukwu person can be comfortable with the igbos who see themselves as better.

Come to thing of it how do u define majority? and the empty pride of the person living within the Five Igbos states does not open their eyes to the fact that referring to someone as a minor is derogatory?
The Niger Deltans know that an average Igbo person is a paper tiger and all their comments has and will end on the pages of the papers if they mean it then try to make bold their remakes and see
We use to think they are good people but an average igbo person only relaxes to get what belong to you then shows you his real colour, they should be thinking why no Nigerian likes and trust the Igbos? it pains me when they shamelessly dominate this kind of discussions boasting of majority while only Cross Rivers State alone is three of their Anambra state if not more. lets not even talk of separation - if Nigeria practices through Federalism States in the East will be forced to merge.
The Igbos must stop this noise and empty pride because they rely on other lands for survival as theirs is barren and infested with golly erosion and thats why they have made other lands their homes and yet will not shut up and thank their landlords than claiming they are the owners of the land so annoying!!
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Kc3000: 1:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
Whew, what a thread! This is the bottom line for me ; it is imperative for one to have clear cut ambitions and aspirations, such that ones allies and supporters are fully aware of ones desires. In the absence of this, anyone can claim to be your ally, just by lip-service, and without  clear and rigid aspirations, one would lack the leverage to call BULLS.H.I.T.
    Ndigbo must approach any "reunion" with the Niger-Delta(exempting the Igbo areas) with clearly stated ambitions and expectations of the union. Jumping into an alliance over some perceived sense of brotherhood did not prove to be prudent in the past, so we must form our alliances based on what we can benefit! I can assure you that the ND is finally reaching out to the Igbo because they feel it would be beneficial to their situation. The parameters of the relationship have to be clear, so that we know what to expect of each other, and so that no one turns around to claim Ndigbo are trying to enslave them.
   I am curious to see how the ND reacts to Igbo Presidential ambitions, that would give me a sense of how workable this alliance might be. It is way too premature to be calling for Igbo and ND to pull out of NIgeria. . . .let's see how well we can work within Nigeria first, ABEG. As far as I can decipher, the only thing uniting us now are our COMMON ANTAGONISTS. Let's foster a workable relationship here in Nigeria first, before we take on the mammoth task of breaking away from Nigeria. By the way, I don't see Nigeria breaking up as soon as people here are hoping(seemingly, only thing we are good at is holding this disaster of a nation together), so there is ample time to test-drive this our rekindled partnership with the ND before we even start all this other crazy talk by Mrs. Briggs.
    Onlytruth, I doubt you can charm your way into the hearts of a people who have a genuine fear of Igbo domination. No amount of goodwill would negate the aversion for all things Igbo, with some people. Instead, they would see you as a weakling not worthy of respect. There was a time in Nigeria, these same ND folks willingly aligned themselves with Ndigbo, not because we bent over backwards for them, but because we were a formidable force in Nigeria, hence they respected us and were proud to be associated with us. The northern minorities, u've referenced, probably always aligned themselves with the Hausa majority, because they respect the Hausas capabilities, in the Nigerian context, and figure that they stand to benefit more from this alignment. RESPECT is the key.  
    Lastly, I would offer the assurance that there would be no easy exit from Nigeria. No. Nigeria is not going to let the cash cow(SE/SS) stroll out of this union without a terrible fight. With all of Nigeria's military arsenal strategically  located away from the east, we are facing the same disadvantages that we faced in the 60's. The world powers are satisfied with the status quo in Nigeria, so expect no support from them. Why would they renegotiate a sweet deal that lets them milk Nigeria dry. Forget it. Some of us here are not even giving much credit to the efforts of our fathers during the civil war, rubbishing their efforts and highlighting their mistakes. Listen, no one executes a perfect war plan, and they did their absolute best with the situation at hand. It's always much easier said than done. . . in fact, some of you are living a fantasy!!!!Our parents that survived the civil war do not deserve to live through another such episode.
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Dainfamous: 2:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^

true
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
i think it is a mistake to think that onlytruth trusts anyone. he comes off as very cunning
taking him literally would be a mistake
Re: Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! by noiseless: 9:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
Well,as far as the comments on thread are concern the igbo brothers have been open and honest in their reasoning,both those of us who are saying it is very possible and those who remain scapetic who by the way have a very good reason to be scaptic. Like kc3000 pointed out we need to know what is there for us ofcourse,onlythruth didn't meant that because they are calling for alliance between us then we jump without knowing what is there for both the igbos and their neighours,but we all know that the way we will both know the way forward is only when we come to the table,also I'm glad that no one thinks it's unachievable only that we need to be cautious which is natural.     [/b]BY THE WAY I HAVE NOT HEARD WHAT POINTB HAS TO SAY ON THIS,HELLO POINTB YOUR ATTENTION IS NEEDED HERE.  Thanks[b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Move To Declare Defecting Reps’ Seats Vacant / Over 100 Killed In Benue Communities, Refugee Camp / Who Hasn’t Seen This? See What A Chinese Woman Is Doing With Goat On The Street!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.