Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout (43734 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
^^^bro you have been trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to drill your point on divorce settlement into this thread, and sadly you failed.
you then tried to make us all believe that a tennis player who never won a grand slam title in his life AND won about 1 tournament a year in his miserable carrer, is successful....and now to finish your failing streak, you want to start another debate on what is considered the west, lol! give it up son!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^bro you have been trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to drill your point on divorce settlement into this thread, and sadly you failed.
you then tried to make us all believe that a tennis player who never won a grand slam title in his life AND won about 1 tournament a year in his miserable carrer, is successful....and now to finish your failing streak, you want to start another debate on what is considered the west, lol! give it up son!

Dodging! The difference.

Since when did Brazil become part of the West?

Where did you see that? Explain to me. Show me.

and

https://www.nairaland.com/878081/nigerian-billionaire-battles-british-wife/18#11879026

I get a lot of pleasure humiliating people that refuse to take facts, logic and objectivity. I am addicted! grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
kai see the guy who says i dodge question when the ONLY question i asked has never been answered in 10+ pages, lol!

your tactic is to ask the same question over and over again, if/when you dont like the answer. as i said earlier, the definition of insanity is......

as for the bible, i doubt it says any of the "if you repent" before or after the ten commandment, but nice try sha!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: kai see the guy who says i dodge question when the ONLY question i asked has never been answered in 10+ pages, lol!

your tactic is to ask the same question over and over again, if/when you dont like the answer. as i said earlier, the definition of insanity is......

This are new unanswered questions that you are dodging. grin

Dodging! The difference.

and

https://www.nairaland.com/878081/nigerian-billionaire-battles-british-wife/18#11879026

MRbrownJAY:
as for the bible, i doubt it says any of the "if you repent" before or after the ten commandment, but nice try sha!

Another difference between us: Using rubbish to defend unratiocinated points.

But the bible clearly stated repenting is grounds for forgiveness of the sins (like breaking the commandments), did it not? grin

Abi how did you know:
MRbrownJAY:
let me try another way to enlighten you........compare it as religion, when they say that a sinner will automatically go to hell....but if he later repents, he may be saved. so marriage is just the same, you have a contract for life, but if you decide to change, then you can get out of it!

but dont worry, i m very happy to educate you on the subject!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Sagamite:
This are new unanswered questions that you are dodging. grin
Dodging! The difference.

how dare you call his highness MBJ a question dodger, when you have not replied my ONLY question on this thread?! lol!

ok i will try to explain it to you ONCE more, like as if you were a kid:
to many, the west is any country populated by white/caucasians, so since Brazil IS also populated by whites, these people would consider Brasil "the west" ....it is simple mathematics. but of course, if we should think like dictator Saga and only believe that the west is what HE believes it is, then we have a long thread on our hands.

OH i hadnt seen that little exposé of yours.....pls allow me to reply:

the logica of MBJ is that PEOPLE SHOULD SEPARATE WHAT THEY MAKE DURING MARRIAGE EQUALLY (30% for each parent, and the rest for children, DUH)

the logica of Saga is that WIVES WHO CARE FOR THEIR FAMILY SHOULD GET JUST THAT, AND GO OFF WITH THE KIDS AS SETTLEMENT, SINCE THATS WHAT THEY BROUGHT IN.

the important question is that which one of the two is "fairer" to ALL PARTIES?! focus on the important word ALL

Another difference between us: Using rubbish to defend unratiocinated points.
But the bible clearly stated repenting is grounds for forgiveness of the sins like breaking the commandments, did it not? grin

and you are 110% sure that there is no ground whatsoever for divorce, when one is married?! meaning that marriage are final and forever?!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by ronkebp(f): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
And this will never end!!!!!! lol.....................come to think of it, why are you both (Saga and Brown.J) arguing?? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

how dare you call his highness MBJ a question dodger, when you have not replied my ONLY question on this thread?! lol!

List the questions I have not answered.

MRbrownJAY:
to many, the west is any country populated by white/caucasians, so since Brazil IS also populated by whites, these people would consider Brasil "the west" ....it is simple mathematics. but of course, if we should think like dictator Saga and only believe that the west is what HE believes it is, then we have a long thread on our hands.

BULLSHITTER!

So Russia is also part of the West because it is populated by white/caucasians? Who was your mathematics teacher? The one that said a third of 100% is 30%? grin

MRbrownJAY:
OH i hadnt seen that little exposé of yours.....pls allow me to reply:

the logica of MBJ is that PEOPLE SHOULD SEPARATE WHAT THEY MAKE DURING MARRIAGE EQUALLY (30% for each parent, and the rest for children, DUH)

the logica of Saga is that WIVES WHO CARE FOR THEIR FAMILY SHOULD GET JUST THAT, AND GO OFF WITH THE KIDS AS SETTLEMENT, SINCE THATS WHAT THEY BROUGHT IN.

the important question is that which one of the two is "fairer" to ALL PARTIES?! focus on the important word ALL

You are a moooron!

I stated clearly my proposal there. Don't moronically try to strawman me.

Evaluate all the solutions and then answer the questions. DON'T DODGE!

MRbrownJAY:
and you are 110% sure that there is no ground whatsoever for divorce, when one is married?! meaning that marriage are final and forever?!

So, first of all, you admit repentance is part of the terms of the bible?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
ronkebp: And this will never end!!!!!! lol.....................come to think of it, why are you both (Saga and Brown.J) arguing?? grin grin grin

I enjoy tormenting and humiliating people that won't accept facts, logic and objectivity. I am addicted. It is my cocaine. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by debosky(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

I'll stay out of the rest but this??

Kenya is 'populated' by whites, so is Zimbabwe. Who in their right minds would consider those countries as 'the west'? cheesy

I'm not disputing that Brazil may be regarded as 'western' in terms of its culture, but not simply because it is populated by whites.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 22, 2012
ROTFLMAO. Can't one off you just throw in the towel? men and their egos. phewww
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 8:10am On Aug 22, 2012
jennykadry: ROTFLMAO. Can't one off you just throw in the towel? men and their egos. phewww

Throw in the towel?

Dirty woman.

So that I will be naked?

Just say you want to see my weapon and fine yansh. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 22, 2012
Sagamite:

Throw in the towel?

Dirty woman.

So that I will be naked?

Just say you want to see my weapon and fine yansh. grin

Come on now, you and I know it wouldn't hurt to see what you are made of once in a while grin

Show me the saga weapon of mass destruction and I will show you a man whose weapon of mass destruction was made out of an iroko tree branch
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 22, 2012
ronkebp: And this will never end!!!!!! lol.....................come to think of it, why are you both (Saga and Brown.J) arguing?? grin grin grin

ARGUING?! we are having a discussion, lol!

debosky:
I'll stay out of the rest but this??
Kenya is 'populated' by whites, so is Zimbabwe. Who in their right minds would consider those countries as 'the west'? cheesy

as i stated......"TO MANY", (aka most Africans) any country populated by whites is considered THE WEST. now just because there are "a few" whites in any country does not make that equation. Brazil is 50% white and therefore could/should be considered both a white and black populated country. i doubt Kenya and Zimbabwe could be considered the same, as the white population is below 10%. come on now!!!!

I'm not disputing that Brazil may be regarded as 'western' in terms of its culture, but not simply because it is populated by whites.

you are saying exactly what i am trying to drill into the head of Oga Saga. there are MANY basis to which someone can call a place "the west". the fact that Saga believe that we should only call a country "the west" because HE believe that only geo political/cultural zones matter, is his downfall!

Sagamite:
List the questions I have not answered.

WHAT IS YOUR FAIR SOLUTION TO THE MATTER OF DIVORCE SETTLEMENT?! (focus on the word FAIR, i didnt write FAIR TO DELUDED MEN)

BULLSHITTER!

to most Africans, any country populated by whites is considered the west.....and YES that means Russia etc that were INITIALLY thought as the east bloc......sadly today, any civilized country could be considered THE WEST, any developped nation could be considered THE WEST, any white populated country could be considered THE WEST......

So Russia is also part of the West because it is populated by white/caucasians? Who was your mathematics teacher? The one that said a third of 100% is 30%? grin

yes it is to many around the world, but i guess to narrow minded Saga who think that what he believes is what everyone should believe, it aint. the day you start to open your mind rather than having this closed minded vision of the world, is the day you will have any chance of growing up.

You are a moooron!
I stated clearly my proposal there. Don't moronically try to strawman me.
Evaluate all the solutions and then answer the questions. DON'T DODGE!

and i repeat, YOUR proposal makes NO DAMN SENSE, unless you can tell me exactly what the wife who stopped working for the wellbeing of the family, stopped her working ambition for the betterment of the family, and took care of the family children for the wellbeing of the family, is taking back from all her years at home?
i guess to narrow minded men like Saga, a woman's place is in the kitchen and therefore thats what she will take for giving yrs to that family: pots and pans, lol!

but then again, when a man believes that bringing money home is MUCH MORE valuable and important than having someone you fully trust safely care for a family's children, is the reason why you will remain blind to the whole issue.........but hopefully, someday when you have kids THAT YOU LOVE DEARLY, you will understand what i mean.

So, first of all, you admit repentance is part of the terms of the bible?

of course i do, just like you should admit that divorce is part of the terms of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Tgirl4real(f): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2012
Men!!! Will this ever end?? undecided
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 22, 2012
^^^ probably not, as every time Saga has no ground to stand on, he finds other BS to try to diverge to (in order to try to be relevant)!!!!

lol, Saga, BRING IT ON!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:05am On Aug 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

ARGUING?! we are having a discussion, lol!

as i stated......"TO MANY", (aka most Africans) any country populated by whites is considered THE WEST. now just because there are "a few" whites in any country does not make that equation. Brazil is 50% white and therefore could/should be considered both a white and black populated country. i doubt Kenya and Zimbabwe could be considered the same, as the white population is below 10%. come on now!!!!

you are saying exactly what i am trying to drill into the head of Oga Saga. there are MANY basis to which someone can call a place "the west". the fact that Saga believe that we should only call a country "the west" because HE believe that only geo political/cultural zones matter, is his downfall!

Cut the bullshyt!

Even Africans recognise the West as the most developed and democratic countries, not places like Russia or Brazil or China or India!

MRbrownJAY:
WHAT IS YOUR FAIR SOLUTION TO THE MATTER OF DIVORCE SETTLEMENT?! (focus on the word FAIR, i didnt write FAIR TO DELUDED MEN)

Answer! STOP DODGING! AND STOP FABRICATING STRAWMANS!

MRbrownJAY:
to most Africans, any country populated by whites is considered the west.....and YES that means Russia etc that were INITIALLY thought as the east bloc......sadly today, any civilized country could be considered THE WEST, any developped nation could be considered THE WEST, any white populated country could be considered THE WEST......

yes it is to many around the world, but i guess to narrow minded Saga who think that what he believes is what everyone should believe, it aint. the day you start to open your mind rather than having this closed minded vision of the world, is the day you will have any chance of growing up.

BULLSHYT!

Russia is East Bloc! These are the Geo-political and Geo-cultural zones:

- The Western Bloc (which includes Australia and New Zealand)
- The Eastern Bloc (which includes most of the Balkans, China and former Russian countries)
- Latin America (which includes Brazil, Mexico and all the land countries leading to it)
- Sub-Indian continent (which includes India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc)
- Asia Pacific (which includes Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam etc)
- The Carribeans
- The Middle East (which includes North African countries)
- Sub-Saharan Africa

When you make moronic conjectures and you are challenged, put your hands up and admit your errors. It is less painful. In not, you will just open yourself to humiliation especially when it is Saga.

Show me where you saw Brazil being labelled part of the West! Then, secondly, show me where you saw Russia being labelled part of the West!

MRbrownJAY:
and i repeat, YOUR proposal makes NO DAMN SENSE, unless you can tell me exactly what the wife who stopped working for the wellbeing of the family, stopped her working ambition for the betterment of the family, and took care of the family children for the wellbeing of the family, is taking back from all her years at home?
i guess to narrow minded men like Saga, a woman's place is in the kitchen and therefore thats what she will take for giving yrs to that family: pots and pans, lol!

but then again, when a man believes that bringing money home is MUCH MORE valuable and important than having someone you fully trust safely care for a family's children, is the reason why you will remain blind to the whole issue.........but hopefully, someday when you have kids THAT YOU LOVE DEARLY, you will understand what i mean.

Can you fcking read?

READ IT!

Or it is too intellectual for your brain?

MRbrownJAY:
of course i do, just like you should admit that divorce is part of the terms of marriage.

So why were you trying to BS us that repentance was not in the bible? Another evidence of the difference between us? (you bring out rubbish)

Tell me where divorce is mentioned in the vows of marriage?

I wait. Maybe MBJ Logica will teach me something new. I am a very open-minded man.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Claus(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2012
At the risk of jumping into the middle of a tornado here, this discussion is missing a very important aspect by looking at just assets.

In a lot of non high profile divorces the splitting of liabilities actually becomes a very key aspect of settlements. Under current western laws, some people are unfortunately "blessed" with (50% or whatever %) liabilities that they had no hand in creating or were outside their control, but which were created within the marriage.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 22, 2012
Sagamite:
Cut the bullshyt!
Even Africans recognise the West as the most developed and democratic countries, not places like Russia or Brazil or China or India!

i guess you believe that any African moving to Russia wouldnt say that he is moving to the west, lol.....and thats why you have a lot to learn, and MBJ needs to educate you on the issue. many of the people moving abroad dont have a clue about what was considered the west in the 80s, to many the west is anywhere mostly populated by white people (how you put China and India in there is one of your latest trick i guess, lol)

and since Brazil is mostly populated by whites, they would equally say the same thing.......but keep repeating yourself as you always do, like a kid wanting a candy.

Answer! STOP DODGING! AND STOP FABRICATING STRAWMANS!

and i repeat: WHAT IS YOUR FAIR SOLUTION TO THE MATTER OF DIVORCE SETTLEMENT?! (focus on the word FAIR, i didnt write FAIR TO DELUDED MEN)

BULLSHYT!
Russia is East Bloc! These are the Geo-political and Geo-cultural zones:
- The Western Bloc (which includes Australia and New Zealand)
- The Eastern Bloc (which includes most of the Balkans, China and former Russian countries)
- Latin America (which includes Brazil, Mexico and all the land countries leading to it)
- Sub-Indian continent (which includes India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc)
- Asia Pacific (which includes Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam etc)
- The Carribeans
- The Middle East (which includes North African countries)
- Sub-Saharan Africa

When you make moronic conjectures and you are challenged, put your hands up and admit your errors. It is less painful. In not, you will just open yourself to humiliation especially when it is Saga.

the fact that you even call Russia the "east bloc" shows us all how narrow minded you think, as if any people of today automatically think with your 80s era mentality. Russia WAS east bloc during the cold war, but that era is long gone and most people (especially younger ones) dont think like you do any longer. the minute you realize that, is the minute you will have a chance to learn something.

if you believe that Africans who now move to white populated WORLD SUPERPOWER Russia dont consider themselves living in the west, then you have a lot to learn, son.

Show me where you saw Brazil being labelled part of the West! Then, secondly, show me where you saw Russia being labelled part of the West!

i guess i have to repeat myself, since you do: to most Africans, any country populated by whites is considered the west.....and YES that means Russia etc that were INITIALLY thought as the east bloc......sadly today, any civilized country could be considered THE WEST, any developped nation could be considered THE WEST, any white populated country could be considered THE WEST......

Can you fcking read?
READ IT!
Or it is too intellectual for your brain?

So why were you trying to BS us that repentance was not in the bible? Another evidence of the difference between us? (you bring out rubbish)
Tell me where divorce is mentioned in the vows of marriage?
I wait. Maybe MBJ Logica will teach me something new. I am a very open-minded man.

who said repentance was not "in the bible"?
read the 10commandments and then show me where it talks about repentance?!.....so if we go by YOUR way of thinking, these are the words that we should go by, and they are final........while i am telling you that you should look at the fine print instead of thinking the way you do. let me hear you say AMEN!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 11:58am On Aug 22, 2012
Claus: At the risk of jumping into the middle of a tornado here, this discussion is missing a very important aspect by looking at just assets.

In a lot of non high profile divorces the splitting of liabilities actually becomes a very key aspect of settlements. Under current western laws, some people are unfortunately "blessed" with (50% or whatever %) liabilities that they had no hand in creating or were outside their control, but which were created within the marriage.

Beware that that is only in some few countries or regions of countries.

In others, you share any debt/liabilities that are in your joint names, while you keep the debt that is solely in your name. But these same countries will have laws that split your wealth. They will not split your debt. It is all part of laws to fck men up. To use them as cash cows for scorned women.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

i guess you believe that any African moving to Russia wouldnt say that he is moving to the west, lol.....and thats why you have a lot to learn, and MBJ needs to educate you on the issue. many of the people moving abroad dont have a clue about what was considered the west in the 80s, to many the west is anywhere mostly populated by white people (how you put China and India in there is one of your latest trick i guess, lol)

and since Brazil is mostly populated by whites, they would equally say the same thing.......but keep repeating yourself as you always do, like a kid wanting a candy.

Look at this man. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So if one African is ignorant, that justifies your stewpid classification?

So, let me condescend to your level, if one African is moving to China then and regards them as White, then China is part of the West then? MBJ, na you o! grin

Which African have you head moving to Russia that said he is moving to the West? grin

Show us!

MBJ Logica is "educating" me on conjectures to defend stewpid statements. Waapaa! MBJ Logica! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

MRbrownJAY:
and i repeat: WHAT IS YOUR FAIR SOLUTION TO THE MATTER OF DIVORCE SETTLEMENT?! (focus on the word FAIR, i didnt write FAIR TO DELUDED MEN)

Ah, ah!

Abi bobo yi wa reetarded ni? (Or is this guy reetarded?)

READ IT! IT IS ALL FCKING THERE!

MRbrownJAY:
the fact that you even call Russia the "east bloc" shows us all how narrow minded you think, as if any people of today automatically think with your 80s era mentality. Russia WAS east bloc during the cold war, but that era is long gone and most people (especially younger ones) dont think like you do any longer. the minute you realize that, is the minute you will have a chance to learn something.

if you believe that Africans who now move to white populated WORLD SUPERPOWER Russia dont consider themselves living in the west, then you have a lot to learn, son.

i guess i have to repeat myself, since you do: to most Africans, any country populated by whites is considered the west.....and YES that means Russia etc that were INITIALLY thought as the east bloc......sadly today, any civilized country could be considered THE WEST, any developped nation could be considered THE WEST, any white populated country could be considered THE WEST......

Don't be dumb! That is the origins of the term and that is the understanding of it. Not your anywhere that has a population of whites.

If you listen to the news, that is the general terms they still use.

You want to BS! Put your hands up in the air and say you made an error. OR:

Where did you see it, don't through your conjectures as facts.

Don't be coogaring. You can't tell me red is black!

MRbrownJAY:

Are you reetarded?

READ IT! IT IS THERE!

Then let us know which proposal makes more sense and why.

MRbrownJAY:
read the 10commandments and then show me where it talks about repentance?!.....so if we go by YOUR way of thinking, these are the words that we should go by, and they are final........while i am telling you that you should look at the fine print instead of thinking the way you do. let me hear you say AMEN!!!!!

So you know repentence is in the bible?

The bible says follow the 10 commandments, and when you have not done so so far, repent and you will be forgiven, then follow the commandments after repentance. IT IS ALL IN THE BIBLE. The bible did not say only read the 10 commandments. Read everything and follow everything. There is no fine print in the bible.

Who are you BSing?

Where is divorce in the vows of wedding?

Why did you use such senseless analogy?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

So, let me condescend to your level, if one African is moving to China then and regards them as White, then China is part of the West then? MBJ, na you o! grin

Which African have you head moving to Russia that said he is moving to the West? grin

Show us!

MBJ Logica is "educating" me on conjectures to defend stewpid statements. Waapaa! MBJ Logica! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

MRbrownJAY:

Ah, ah!

MRbrownJAY:

Don't be dumb! That is the origins of the term and that is the prevailing understanding of it. Not your "anywhere that has a population of whites".

If you listen to the news, that is the general terms they still use.

MRbrownJAY:

Are you reetarded?

READ IT! IT IS THERE!

MRbrownJAY:

The bible says follow the 10 commandments, and when you have not done so so far, repent and you will be forgiven, then follow the commandments after repentance. IT IS ALL IN THE BIBLE. The bible did not say only read the 10 commandments. Read everything and follow everything. There is no fine print in the bible.

Who are you BSing?

Where is divorce in the vows of wedding?

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sagamite:

Show us!

i guess you should go out, travel a little bit more (and i dont mean hotel resort), and then you will have a clear idea of people of this world........

Ah, ah!

and since you STILL havent answered the question, i repeat:

Don't be dumb! That is the origins of the term and that is the prevailing understanding of it. Not your "anywhere that has a population of whites". If you listen to the news, that is the general terms they still use.

so now, THE NEWS is the basis that we should all take to decide what THE WEST stands for?! are you talking CNN/BBC or common NTA news? lol....and is that today.s news or the news of the 80s? i am pretty sure that what was described as "the west" by these same news in the 80s, will be MUCH DIFFERENT today, but nice try sha!

why you keep repeating yourself?!...... to most Africans, any country populated by whites is considered the west.....and YES that means Russia etc that were INITIALLY thought as the east bloc......sadly today, any civilized country could be considered THE WEST, any developped nation could be considered THE WEST, any white populated country could be considered THE WEST......

Are you reetarded?
READ IT! IT IS THERE!

why you keep repeating yourself? do you have eyesight problems?!
YOUR proposal makes NO DAMN SENSE, unless you can tell me exactly what the wife who stopped working for the wellbeing of the family, stopped her working ambition for the betterment of the family, and took care of the family children for the wellbeing of the family, is taking back from all her years at home?

The bible says follow the 10 commandments, and when you have not done so so far, repent and you will be forgiven, then follow the commandments after repentance. IT IS ALL IN THE BIBLE.

who cares what the bible says?! we are talking about the 10COMMANDMENTS,(just like you are ONLY talking/focussing of the marriage VOWS) duh!
the 10commandments does NOT talk about repentance, it only give you THE LAW (just like marriage vows) but we all know that there are fine prints (aka the bible/divorce).

The bible did not say only read the 10 commandments. Read everything and follow everything. There is no fine print in the bible.
Who are you BSing?Where is divorce in the vows of wedding?

the 10commandments brought down by Moses does specifically talk about the law, no IFs BUTs or MAYBEs. where is repentance in the 10commandments?!

use your brain and simply COMPARE the marriage vows as THE 10COMMANDMENTS, and divorce as REPENTANCE IN THE BIBLE, duh!
and yet you call yourself the don dada of NL when you cant even think like a child, with such an easy example, lol!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

i guess you should go out, travel a little bit more (and i dont mean hotel resort), and then you will have a clear idea of people of this world........

Show me where you saw people refer to Rusiia as the West!

Show me the part of the world!

People, see MBL VERBOSITY to dodge a question! grin

MRbrownJAY:
and since you STILL havent answered the question, i repeat:

Fck me Lawd!

Something is wrong with this man.

Here it is:

C - Sagacity, Saga Saga, Saga hit-it

- Couples should individually keep whatever they make before marriage.

- Couples should be entitled to their contribution in the marriage excluding child support. For the party that sacrifices a career due to the marriage (normally the woman):

She should get (1) What she contributed + (2) what she got from the marriage (e.g. assets and gifts) + (3) compensation for any opportunity cost based on a realistic* assessment of her earning potential + (4) any extras the husband wants to voluntarily give her

* What she realistically could have earned but sacrificed during the relationship
- by going on maternity leave to take care of their kids and/or
- by giving up a job to be a housewife or move closer to him and/or
- to follow him when he is transferred and she has to relocate and restart her career somewhere else and/or
- the potential rise in career that her aforementioned sacrifices lost her.

This realistic, not fairy-tale figures can be calculated by looking at the trajectory of her career and abilities she had built up before marriage and compare it with a normal distribution curve (in statistics, bell curve) of what her peers (the male ones) are earning without similar sacrifices, then something between the Mean (average) of the range and maximum of probably 3 standard deviations from the mean can be awarded. Maximum can be awarded in wealthier marriages where the women has demonstrated top of her peer group prior to marriage.

MRbrownJAY:
so now, THE NEWS is the basis that we should all take to decide what THE WEST stands for?! are you talking CNN/BBC or common NTA news? lol....and is that today.s news or the news of the 80s? i am pretty sure that what was described as "the west" by these same news in the 80s, will be MUCH DIFFERENT today, but nice try sha!

why you keep repeating yourself?!...... to most Africans, any country populated by whites is considered the west.....and YES that means Russia etc that were INITIALLY thought as the east bloc......sadly today, any civilized country could be considered THE WEST, any developped nation could be considered THE WEST, any white populated country could be considered THE WEST......

Show me where you saw people refer to Russia and Brazil as the West?

Which beer parlour? What Waffi shekpe were they drinking?

No VERBOSITY! Just show!

MRbrownJAY:
why you keep repeating yourself? do you have eyesight problems?!
YOUR proposal makes NO DAMN SENSE, unless you can tell me exactly what the wife who stopped working for the wellbeing of the family, stopped her working ambition for the betterment of the family, and took care of the family children for the wellbeing of the family, is taking back from all her years at home?

C - Sagacity, Saga Saga, Saga hit-it

- Couples should individually keep whatever they make before marriage.

- Couples should be entitled to their contribution in the marriage excluding child support. For the party that sacrifices a career due to the marriage (normally the woman):

She should get (1) What she contributed + (2) what she got from the marriage (e.g. assets and gifts) + (3) compensation for any opportunity cost based on a realistic* assessment of her earning potential + (4) any extras the husband wants to voluntarily give her

* What she realistically could have earned but sacrificed during the relationship
- by going on maternity leave to take care of their kids and/or
- by giving up a job to be a housewife or move closer to him and/or
- to follow him when he is transferred and she has to relocate and restart her career somewhere else and/or
- the potential rise in career that her aforementioned sacrifices lost her.

This realistic, not fairy-tale figures can be calculated by looking at the trajectory of her career and abilities she had built up before marriage and compare it with a normal distribution curve (in statistics, bell curve) of what her peers (the male ones) are earning without similar sacrifices, then something between the Mean (average) of the range and maximum of probably 3 standard deviations from the mean can be awarded. Maximum can be awarded in wealthier marriages where the women has demonstrated top of her peer group prior to marriage.

Tell me what is wrong with it and why your proposal is better.

MRbrownJAY:
who cares what the bible says?! we are talking about the 10COMMANDMENTS,(just like you are ONLY talking/focussing of the marriage VOWS) duh!
the 10commandments does NOT talk about repentance, it only give you THE LAW (just like marriage vows) but we all know that there are fine prints (aka the bible/divorce).

the 10commandments brought down by Moses does specifically talk about the law, no IFs BUTs or MAYBEs. where is repentance in the 10commandments?!

use your brain and simply COMPARE the marriage vows as THE 10COMMANDMENTS, and divorce as REPENTANCE IN THE BIBLE, duh!
and yet you call yourself the don dada of NL when you cant even think like a child, with such an easy example, lol!

You have LOST YOUR MIND!

You brought up the bible and then say "who cares what the bible says".

YOU DON CRASE! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Bawss1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sagamite:

YOU DON CRASE! grin

It is obvious MBJ is not going to admit to the flaws in his logic and you know it.

The pleasure you get from doing what you are doing here is also subject to the principle of diminishing returns. Give it a rest already.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
Bro Saga and his selective reading once again..... I suggest you read back the example I wrote about the 10commandments...... And if repentance was written on the tablets that Moses came down with, then I guess you are right. But if it wasn't written on what he brought down that mountain, then you are saying exactly what my point is all about. Duh!!!!!
I see some of your GFs are joining us in this discussion. Welcome ladies, lol!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2012
Bawss1:

It is obvious MBJ is not going to admit to the flaws in his logic and you know it.

The pleasure you get from doing what you are doing here is also subject to the principle of diminishing returns. Give it a rest already.

Look, bruv, it was not only pleasure from humiliating his illogical points that I was getting. It was also a study of the peculiar way people break down when intellectually challenged.

I wanted to show people that jump to say someone is smart how most of such their champion people have their limits. MBJ is not a stewpid person, just like coogar, that is why I refrained from calling them names. They are some of the people some actually respect but I am way too above them intellectually to be personally impressed. I wanted to show how they break under pressure from people that are really intellectually fantastic and superior. And they still amaze me the way they are willing to say red is black when under serious questioning of their reasoning.

Imagine someone saying Brazil is part of the West. Murray is not a successful tennis player. grin In the case of coogar, he claimed 'wish does not have the same meaning as desire'. grin grin grin Just because their moronic ego would not allow them concede a point. Which, unfortunately for them, then leads to more humiliation in the debate.

I just showed what happens when people who are unaware they are not at the intellectual peak, that refuse to be objective and accept logic and facts (because of some ridiculous ego), when challenged intellectually can crack under the intense intellectual pressure. undecided

MBJ is not in the league to debate with me. There are only a handful of people on NL that can. Maybe about 8 that I would not be so arrogant to say I would humiliate. I will not name names so as not create animousity. If I did, you will just see an increase of people trying to debate with me if they are not on the list. grin I will only name one from the about 8 that I have named before, Deepsight. That is someone that is at the intellectual peak to be at the level of debating with me because he is extremely logical, objective and intellectually cutting edge.

I love to categorise.

The traits of the guys in this apex of intellectuals are people who are faultlessly objective, logical and deal with facts. They are also receptive to these 3 things in a debate and are willing to concede a point when based on the 3, not do "I no go carry last" arguments. I have debated with some of these guys before and have observed it.

The next layer are guys that are very intelligent but not at the peak of using objectivity, logic and facts. Solid but not champions in critical thinking, a few holes in their arguments sometimes. This is a very small club of people too on NL. They cannot be more than about 15.

The 3rd layer are the layman's champions (people a layman would call intelligent because they are kind of good, but it is mostly based on popular arguments and they struggle when the issue becomes too complex for their intellect). These are the MBJs, coogars, Kobojunkies, maclatunjis and also the funkadelic debaters. Funkadelics are people that their opinion is always soaked with urban popular philosophy not deep and hardcore critical thinking. They formulate most opinions based on the funky philosophies going on in the Western society, not their own critical thinking.

The next layer are the averages like Beaf.

The next layer are the slows.

Then we have fucktards, cretins, moorons like Horus and deshclones.

Then we have the mental patients. Those that need to be in a mental home like cap28, GenBuhari, Becomerich, queensmith etc.

MBJ had no chance right from the start, I was just toying with him until I decide to use that proposal comparison to finish him off. Some issues are above his level.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
^^^ you too talk. Throw in the towel and stop wasting time Jare
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Tgirl4real(f): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
ha! My sister u sef don reach hia.

At Saga, u don't need to throw in d towel cos u've made ur point very clear. Just take a bow and walk out majestically as we give you a resouding applause.

*draws curtain*

oya, everybody go home. Cinema is over. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by ronkebp(f): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sagamite:

The traits of the guys in this apex of intellectuals are people who are faultlessly objective, logical and deal with facts. They are also receptive to these 3 things in a debate and are willing to concede a point when based on the 3, not do "I no go carry last" arguments. I have debated with some of these guys before and have observed it.

The next layer are guys that are very intelligent but not at the peak of using objectivity, logic and facts. Not champions in critical thinking, a few holes in their arguments sometimes. This is a very small club of people too on NL. They cannot be more than about 15.

The 3rd layer are the layman's champions (people a layman would call intelligent because they kind of good but it is mostly based on popular arguments and they struggle when the issue because too complex for their intellect). These are the MBJs, coogars, Kobojunkies, maclatunji and the funkadelic debaters. Funkadelics are people that their opinion is always soaked with urban popular philosophy not deep and hardcore critical thinking. They formulate all opinions based on the funky philosophies going on in the Western society, not their own critical thinking.

Then we have the mental patients. Those that need to be in a mental home like cap28, GenBuhari, Becomerich, queensmith etc.

MBJ had no chance right from the start, I was just toying with him until I decide to use that proposal comparison to finish him off. Some issues are above his level.

I can't stop laughing, now this is an eye-opener, what did you study in college?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Sagamite:
The next layer are guys that are very intelligent but not at the peak of using objectivity, logic and facts. Not champions in critical thinking, a few holes in their arguments sometimes. This is a very small club of people too on NL. They cannot be more than about 15.

The 3rd layer are the layman's champions (people a layman would call intelligent because they kind of good but it is mostly based on popular arguments and they struggle when the issue because too complex for their intellect). These are the MBJs, coogars, Kobojunkies, maclatunji and the funkadelic debaters. Funkadelics are people that their opinion is always soaked with urban popular philosophy not deep and hardcore critical thinking. They formulate all opinions based on the funky philosophies going on in the Western society, not their own critical thinking.

Lawd! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Saga, I've had my daily allowance of laughter at your comment(s) and in particular, the emboldened. Please do not inflict any more laughter on me today. I simply cannot take it....any more. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Claus(m): 12:35am On Aug 26, 2012
*Makes mental note to ignore the arguments of anyone below "the averages" category*
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by anonymous6(f): 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2012
Latty88: [img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/michael_Prest_376887679.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

A wealthy Nigerian-born, British-based oil baron has been granted permission to use Nigerian tribal law to appeal a $21 million divorce payout to his former British wife, the Telegraph has reported.

Michael Prest, the 50 year-old founder of Nigerian energy trading firm Petrodel Resources, split from his wife in an acrimonious divorce in 2008. During a British High Court hearing on the divorce in October last year, the presiding judge ordered the tycoon to pay his former wife cash and assets worth over $20 million.

However, Prest has applied to appeal the court’s decision on the grounds that his Petrodel’s assets do not belong to him, but are held in trust for his children,

siblings, nephews and nieces in Nigeria, under Nigerian Itsekiri customary law.

The oil baron claims that his company, Petrodel Resources Ltd, was established in 1992 with $13,000 in start-up capital which was provided by his late father. As a result, under traditional law, his company and assets are not owned entirely by him, but by his extended family; he mainly acts as custodian of the wealth.

The tycoon’s attorney Martin Pointer disclosed to the court that under customary law in Nigeria, Prest (who is the first-born son of his family) has a historic responsibility to use the family “inheritance” to look after his siblings and their children.

Prest’s case is also helped by the fact that his younger brother went to a Nigerian High Court in 2009 and obtained a declaration which states that Petrodel Resources is a part of their late father’s estate. Michael Prest also previously acquired a court order from a Nigerian court which forbids him from sharing information about Petrodel and its assets with third parties. Hence, it is difficult to ascertain the true market value of Petrodel resources.

But the former wife, Yasmin Prest, 49, is crying foul. She told the court that Petrodel is “100 per cent owned and controlled” by her former husband. Last October, during the original court case in London, she had claimed that her former husband was worth ‘many tens, if not hundreds, of millions of pounds’. She demanded a divorce payout of about $40 million, plus about $1 million a year for upkeep of herself and the four children she bore with the tycoon. Prest had previously offered her the equivalent of $35,000 a year and a lump sum of about $2.5 million.
The court has not yet set a date for the full appeal.
Michael Prest, an extremely reclusive oil trader and former protégé of controversial commodities trader Marc Rich, founded Petrodel resources in 2001. The company has extensive oil exploration interests in Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia and Uganda.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2012/02/21/nigerian-oil-baron-to-fight-21-million-divorce-with-african-law/

He should just pay of the wife, and move on what is 21 million to a billionaire like him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

He Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife Tells Police / ₦150000: Nigerians Underprice Our Sperm - Donors Cry Out / Nigerian Wife Kicks UK Husband Out From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.