Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:26 PM

Quiting For Nothing: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quiting For Nothing: (1882 Views)

Finally Quiting Nairaland!! #gonking Things / No Sh*t!!..am Quiting This Relationship!! / I Need Advice, Am I Right In Quiting This Serious Relationship After Three Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2012
He is quiting his job to go start off something on his own with nothing in his bank account, is this really a good idea people. I have tried severally to talk him out of it but he is so adamant wouldn't listen, he is so positive about making it on his own. This bothers me because he is a good friend of mine and i wouldn't want him in any form of regrets. I just feel the timing isn't just right for him to do this. What do i do?
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Beync(f): 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
U mean he has been working without savings?
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2012
Beync:

U mean he has been working without savings?

Something like that and he's not really earning much for now duo!
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
freaking annoying people, if its a topic on S. E. X. now they will jump at it.  tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Beync(f): 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2012
Even though they are not paying him enough doesnt mean he will exhaust what ever he earns at the end of the month.
He should be able to save something to start something. personal business is good but where is the capital to start with?
may be he want to go for loan but it would hav been better to hav his own capital so he won't spend his profit on interest.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Honeycity(f): 3:46pm On Feb 23, 2012
@ poster
since he wont listen to you, i'll suggest you allow him follow his heart, take it in good faith that he know what hes doing
you can never tell, he might be up to something you know little or nothing about and it will turn out to be a surprise to you at the end.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2012
Honeycity:

@ poster
since he wont listen to you, i'll suggest you allow him follow his heart, take it in good faith that he know what hes doing
you can never tell, he might be up to something you know little or nothing about and it will turn out to be a surprise to you at the end.

Thanks for ur advice
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2012
Beync:

Even though they are not paying him enough doesnt mean he will exhaust what ever he earns at the end of the month.
He should be able to save something to start something. personal business is good but where is the capital to start with?
may be he want to go for loan but it would hav been better to hav his own capital so he won't spend his profit on interest.

Yeah, thats right actually he should save no matter how little it is. And this is the more reason why i feel the time isn't right for him. Having nothing to fall back on as capital isn't a wise one. He is looking at getting a loan
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
You know what? He's a brave and wise man. Working for an employer in my opinion, is like placing a cap on your destiny. There'll be obstacles, and he'll have to be focused and resilient. If he pulls through, he'll probably join the league of Nigerian elites.
Support him, be his cheerleader, is all I can say to you. Go Mr. . .errm . .Mr. X! The sky is nothing but your footstool!!
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Killz3(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
Is it just me, or is the romantic content of this thread zero?
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2012
There's one thing, though: He must improve his management and leadership skills. Be a good friend and get him books on financial accounting, leadership and financial management. These books are immense, and suprisingly cheap.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Beync(f): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2012
If he wants loan ok Just pray and support him and hope the business turns lucrative. If he believe, he can achiev it.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
ArQueBusieR:

There's one thing, though: He must improve his management and leadership skills. Be a good friend and get him books on financial accounting, leadership and financial management. These books are immense, and suprisingly cheap.

thanks dear for such a wonderful advice. I like the optimism in him after all life itself is a risk, i'm just a little scared of that rough road before success.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Killz~:

I guess its just you tongue
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by mobf: 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
tuhott:

freaking annoying people, if its a topic on S. E. X. now they will jump at it.  tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
See as you dey show ya sef tongue

~Killz~:

This is one of those rare moments where I agree with you,
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2012
mobf:

See as you dey show ya sef tongue

This is one of those rare moments where I agree with you,

I understand why you agree with him. Birds of same Iye, waka together grin
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by mobf: 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
^stop am if na joke angry
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
mobf:

^stop am if na joke angry

No no bi joke na awada tongue
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by mashnino(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
@tuhott

but u knw there is nothing romantic about your topic, stop making it seem like they just want to bash your thread

and for your topic;

you can only force a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink water.

b.t.w, try and listen to his ideas and see if you can polish it. since he is very sure about his idea.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Killz3(m): 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
@Not really tuhott. . .

I can bet my laptop charger this guy is your boyfriend. . . wink
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by mashnino(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Killz~:

@Not really tuhott. . .

lmao,

stop na
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 8:34am On Feb 24, 2012
~Killz~:

@Not really tuhott. . .

And i can bet my left N. I. P. P. L. E you are so so wrong  grin
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Killz3(m): 8:50am On Feb 24, 2012
^^^
I just added my Nokia Charger to the bet! grin
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by Ranoscky(m): 9:06am On Feb 24, 2012
tuhott:

freaking annoying people, if its a topic on S. E. X. now they will jump at it. tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Lol.

tuhott:

And i can bet my left N. I. P. P. L. E you are so so wrong grin
Hahahahahahaha. . . .

Just imaginin ur bf comin to ur hauz and start carressin u, suckin the left nipple like never before (maybe his favorite), not knowin that the left nipple is already on bet here on nl. Lol

Ah! Omo, guys don suffer sha!
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 9:58am On Feb 24, 2012
Ranoscky:

Lol.
Hahahahahahaha. . . .

Just imaginin ur bf comin to ur hauz and start carressin u, suckin the left unmentionable like never before (maybe his favorite), not knowin that the left unmentionable is already on bet here on nl. Lol

Ah! Omo, guys don suffer sha!

Mind in a dirty gutter silly! angry
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by mobf: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2012
^^ he does have a point. Why would you bet your left nippy of all things??
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by bknight: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2012
If he has not jst heard of a gingering story recently dat jst charges him up temporarily (something, someone somewhere might be leading him on),

listen to his feasibility study on his intended biz.

Immediate ideas like this dat prompts such rush without proper planning leads to a recursive journey.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by chines4(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2012
@Tuhott

I believe that the guy involve is very close to u, as in very close, I don't know if he is u'r BF or not, but u guys are very close.

I don't have a problem with the guy wanting to be on his own. I only have a problem with him not having anything to start with. Thinking of a loan, to start a business is not just it, One no banker will loan u 1 naira, since u'r untested, beside business in not as easy as its seems.

And why do I have the feeling that, they guy hope to get the loan from you?
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 11:34am On Feb 24, 2012
chines4:

@Tuhott

I believe that the guy involve is very close to u, as in very close, I don't know if he is u'r BF or not, but u guys are very close.

I don't have a problem with the guy wanting to be on his own. I only have a problem with him not having anything to start with. Thinking of a loan, to start a business is not just it, One no banker will loan u 1 naira, since u'r untested, beside business in not as easy as its seems.

And why do I have the feeling that, they guy hope to get the loan from you?

Nah!! why is everyone thinking he is my boyfriend  anyway, he is an IT person and he's looking at sourcing for job here and there i know its not an easy thing to do especially when you don't have connections in the right places. I think you are right in a way by saying probably he is looking at getting a loan from me, not necessarily getting a loan but running to me when his a. s. s. is broke and that's part of my fear.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 11:36am On Feb 24, 2012
bknight:

If he has not jst heard of a gingering story recently dat jst charges him up temporarily (something, someone somewhere might be leading him on),

listen to his feasibility study on his intended biz.

Immediate ideas like this dat prompts such rush without proper planning leads to a recursive journey.

No proper plan in place, no money saved up anywhere its just not a wise thing to do for now. At least he should plan for it.
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by chines4(m): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2012
tuhott:

Nah!! is everyone thinking he is my boyfriend anyway, he is an IT person and he's looking at sourcing for job here and there i know its not an easy thing to do especially when you don't have connections in the right places. I think you are right in a way by saying probably he is looking at getting a loan from me, not necessarily getting a loan but running to me when his Bottom is broke and that's part of my fear.

So what is he to u? and don't tell me just a friend
Re: Quiting For Nothing: by tuhott(f): 11:40am On Feb 24, 2012
chines4:

So what is he to u? and don't tell me just a friend

He is a very good friend wink wink wink thats for you eyes only. I hope no other is seeing this

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Bless You Dear Or Sweet Dreams Honey? / A friend of mine is too shy / 13 Ways On How To Heal A Broken Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.