Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Muslims And The Quran - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims And The Quran (1325 Views)

Kano Grand Mosque Attack, Muslims And Terrorism / Muslims and Christians Unite Against Terrorism in Pakistan / Examining Muslims and Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims And The Quran by mazaje(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
What is it about the Quran that makes many muslims violent? I have been following the Quran burning news by the americans on one of their militart bases in Afghanistan and the violent rage it has caused all over the islamic world . . . .Why is it that when ever the Quran is desecrated either knowingly or unknowingly muslims all over the world go gaga screaming blue murder and calling for blood to flow?. . . .WHY?. . . .What are the proper ways to dispose of the Quran so that non muslims can know to avoid fuher blood letting by muslims so happen to be practicing the "religion of peace". . . . .

"They should leave Afghanistan rather than disrespecting our religion, our faith," Hakim said. "They have to leave and if next time they disrespect our religion, we will defend our holy Quran, religion and faith until the last drop of blood has left in our body."

The same taliban destroyed some Buddhist temples and statures when they came into power and no body screamed blue murder and requested for heads to role. . .
Re: Muslims And The Quran by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
Please Watch this video!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9UH_Wnx-gk[/flash]
Re: Muslims And The Quran by tiarabubu: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2012
mazaje:

What is it about the Quran that makes many muslims violent? I have been following the Quran burning news by the americans on one of their militart bases in Afghanistan and the violent rage it has caused all over the islamic world . . . .Why is it that when ever the Quran is desecrated either knowingly or unknowingly muslims all over the world go gaga screaming blue murder and calling for blood to flow?. . . .WHY?. . . .What are the proper ways to dispose of the Quran so that non muslims can know to avoid fuher blood letting by muslims so happen to be practicing the "religion of peace". . . . .

"They should leave Afghanistan rather than disrespecting our religion, our faith," Hakim said. "They have to leave and if next time they disrespect our religion, we will defend our holy Quran, religion and faith until the last drop of blood has left in our body."

The same taliban destroyed some Buddhist temples and statures when they came into power and no body screamed blue murder and requested for heads to role. . .

are you serious?  shocked
Re: Muslims And The Quran by brentkruge: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
Destruction of the Bamiyan Statues
Taliban vs the Buddha

In March 2001, six months before the September 11th bombing of the World Trade Center in New York City, the Taliban destroyed two ancient statues of the Buddha called Bamiyan in an attempt to cleanse the country of Afghanistan of what they perceived as Hindu heresy.

An Old Story

To be perfectly blunt, this is an old story. New landowners of a country move in and do their best to obliterate all traces of the conquered and now minority population. Former cultural monuments, particularly if they are of a religious nature, are pulled down, and monuments for the new group built, frequently right on the top of the foundations of the old. The old languages are forbidden or limited, along with other cultural phenomena such as marriage customs, rites of initiation, even food taboos.

The reasons the conquerors give for this trashing of the old ways and structures are varied, and include everything from modernization to saving the souls of the recently conquered. But the purpose is the same: to destroy the remnants of a culture which represents a threat to the new dominance. It happened in 16th century AD in the New World civilizations; it happened in Caesar's Rome; it happened in the dynasties of Egypt and China. It's what we as humans do when we are afraid. Destroy things.

An Ominous Warning

So, it shouldn't have been as shocking as it was, to see the Taliban in Afghanistan blast two enormous 3rd and 5th century AD statues of Buddha to powder with anti-aircraft guns.

"We are not against culture but we don't believe in these things. They are against Islam," the Taliban's Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmed Muttawakil is reported to have said.

The Taliban has never been known for a generosity of spirit or interest in cultural diversity, and as I say, the erasure of the past to protect the present is an old story. As archaeologists, we’ve seen evidence of it hundreds, maybe a thousand times. But the Taliban's destruction of the two Bamiyan Buddha statues was still painful to watch; and today it is recognized as an ominous forewarning of the Taliban's distaste of anything other than their own set of extremist Islamic values.

http://archaeology.about.com/od/heritagemanagement/a/buddha.htm
Re: Muslims And The Quran by Sweetnecta: 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
brentkruge; Is paganism a culture or a disease to good faith?
is adultery a culture in a community of happily married people or a disease to matrimonial bliss?
is homosexuality a culture in a community of believers of Commandment of God or a disease to faith based family unit?
is erecting a statue of paganic god a culture in a community of those who believe that God is Invisible or a disease to monotheistic faith?

Did Moses destruction of golden yahweh installed by the rebellious children of Israel after crossing the sea blame worthy?
Re: Muslims And The Quran by tiarabubu: 12:39am On Feb 25, 2012
paganism may be repulsive but no one should judge. Buddhists deserve the right to worship their gods and ancestors. That's why its a free world.

in another part of the world someone may find YOUR beliefs repulsive. does that give them the right to blow up what you venerate like your mosque? undecided

think man!
Re: Muslims And The Quran by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2012
Don't befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people - Proverbs 22:24

Proverbs 29:22 An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins.

Proverbs 14:29 A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly
Re: Muslims And The Quran by Sweetnecta: 1:40pm On Feb 25, 2012
The village man above [^^^^ grin grin], its a surprise that people are still your friends. Thank God not everyone takes the advise of your Bibles because even the one madam who is 3 persons of madam and the three full boys who all became boy always will not be able to stand you remaining in their mist. See? Let me talk to Tiarabubu who is a woman and woman brings comfort different from how the hardship that man brings.

@Tiarabubu; « #5 on: Today at 12:39:11 AM »
[Quote]paganism may be repulsive but no one should judge. Buddhists deserve the right to worship their gods and ancestors. That's why its a free world.[/Quote]Yoruba saying; a person who is not wanted in a town does not start a musical chorus in the gathering of the town's people. no one will join him carrying on the song. This is the condition of the Buddhists in an Islamic community. If a buddhist invites me to a meal in his house where meat will be serve, i cant eat the meat, whereas i am permitted to eat the meat slaughtered by Jews and Christians. Islam is middle course; we do not condemn everything like the Jews or accept everything like the Christians. Its not always a "free world" when you do evil which is naturally unpopular or doing good that is not recognized by community of disbelievers. It will be not a free world if i go to St Peter's Piazza in the Vatican to establish my salaat by announcing my intention by spreading the mat and calling the adhan.

[Quote]in another part of the world someone may find YOUR beliefs repulsive. does that give them the right to blow up what you venerate like your mosque? Undecided[/Quote]Mosque is a house. A building. Not a statue. And there are many places and times Islam have been silenced; muslims kept their faith in their own homes. Even then the christian inquisitors didnt let them survive, while what was blown was a public Buddha, not Buddhas that the people in their homes. I am sure if there was an islamic statue in the public, it would have been blown up too, because no statue is permissible in Islam.

[Quote]think man![/Quote]Think woman. You may need to take off the very tight tiara away from your head and but something loose as bubu on it instead. grin
Re: Muslims And The Quran by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2012
Sweetnecta:

The village man above [^^^^ grin grin], its a surprise that people are still your friends. Thank God not everyone takes the advise of your Bibles because even the one madam who is 3 persons of madam and the three full boys who all became boy always will not be able to stand you remaining in their mist. See? Let me talk to Tiarabubu who is a woman and woman brings comfort different from how the hardship that man brings.

A man who cannot control his anger is likened to a child who has a tantrum at the slightest provocation.

A Man who has control over his anger is a Man indeed.

There is also a spirit behind constant agitation , anger and rioting, it sure is not of the Holy God.

Keep bowing before SATAN 5 times a day, you are simply wasting your precious life and time.
Re: Muslims And The Quran by tiarabubu: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
@sweetnectar

Afghanistan was a major bhudist center. BEFORE Islam came to the place so that yoruba adage has no place here.

imagine the same thing happening to Muslims in Italy, Switzerland, Holland etc. what would you say? Islamophobia?  or worse?

what is wrong is wrong. it has nothing to do with Christian/Moslem debate here. Use your head
Re: Muslims And The Quran by Sweetnecta: 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2012
@Tiarabubu: ^^^ o ma sheee o. Lets turn the whole thing over to belief in God Almighty, which is the issue, really. Before Abraham left his pagan society and headed to Canaan, there were people living in Canaan. They were the Canaanites and they were pagans. Their presence today is a mere history. You cant find their traces, unless you have to dig the earth. I hope you are following me without that thing on your head?

When Islam entered Jerusalem, it preserved the churches of the christians because they were seen as monotheistic establishments in one way or another, disregarding the trinity concept or the statues in them because they were not outside as a form of nuisance or insult to monotheistic faiths. And as to Islam in the west, I hope you do know that medical drs. wear face masks which is similar to the nikab of the muslims. Yet France's jewish leader Sakozy is making this impossible. Even Holland is saying no minaret in their country. You must be a village kid, because you will not be saying thatBuddha statue fits an islamic country like afghanistan. I t will be similar to erecting the statue of Ariel Sharon in Palestinian west bank.

@Frosbel: Posted on: Today at 01:40:41 PM[Quote]A man who cannot control his anger is likened to a child who has a tantrum at the slightest provocation.

A Man who has control over his anger is a Man indeed.[/Quote]How are you sure you are not the one above instead of the bold below it? Most people see you as the man with childish personality with your ridiculous new threads. Even the boys and their moma put you in the closet as the NL spot.

[Quote]There is also a spirit behind constant agitation , anger and rioting, it sure is not of the Holy God.[/Quote]And when Holy God of the Bible caused the constant agitation anger and rioting thats sure falling from being Hthe real Holy God, you will agree. Check out the Bible how Yahweh encouraged wars and the senseless killing of animals. Check out the Youtube and see how the jews of israel make mess of your christian presence in their mist. Even Iran allows you to flourish. True story; A friend called me yesterday from Abuja to discuss with a jew named Barak in California. When the jewish guys learned that i live in the east coast [NYC] he said "oh, you live in Israel". Silly boy he is like you, and he immediately turn and called me "Habibi". Both you and he are hypocrites. My response to his statement about living in Israel is that he is not telling the truth and he knows that. When he called me Habibi, i told him that was poor politics.

[Quote]Keep bowing before SATAN 5 times a day, you are simply wasting your precious life and time.[/Quote]Keep refusing to submit your will to God as Jesus did. Satan through Paul is leading you all over the places; controlling your mind. When I say Audhu bIllahi minal Shaytani rajim, I know that is worship satan in your mind, while you are not worshiping satan by not cursing him as I just did. Good logic turned over its head by my esteemed nigerian in London; mr frosbel.
Re: Muslims And The Quran by BetaThings: 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2012
Re: Muslims And The Quran by tiarabubu: 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Tiarabubu: ^^^  o ma sheee o. Lets turn the whole thing over to belief in God Almighty, which is the issue, really. Before Abraham left his pagan society and headed to Canaan, there were people living in Canaan. They were the Canaanites and they were pagans. Their presence today is a mere history. You cant find their traces, unless you have to dig the earth. I hope you are following me without that thing on your head?

When Islam entered Jerusalem, it preserved the churches of the christians because they were seen as monotheistic establishments in one way or another, disregarding the trinity concept or the statues in them because they were not outside as a form of nuisance or insult to monotheistic faiths. And as to Islam in the west, I hope you do know that medical drs. wear face masks which is similar to the nikab of the muslims. Yet France's jewish leader Sakozy is making this impossible. Even Holland is saying no minaret in their country. You must be a village kid, because you will not be saying thatBuddha statue fits an islamic country like afghanistan. I t will be similar to erecting the statue of Ariel Sharon in Palestinian west bank.

OK so when Afganistan changes hands, Islamic symbols should go up in smoke. Chai, your sense of reasoning is amazing.  May be the Swiss and the Italians should be encouraged to blow up all things Islamic since you justify them. may be we should all cheer them on based on your twisted logic.

Wait a minute, may be they (France, holland) share your logic in which case, they will soon demolish all the mosques and Islamic centers in their country. May be the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Britain will follow. Perhaps India (home the Hindus) should do that too. They should ban Islamic books too for good measure.

After all don't expect the respect and tolerance you don't give others.
Re: Muslims And The Quran by BetaThings: 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2012
mazaje:

I am not sure anyone has threatened you where you live.

Now, imagine the Army of a foreign country going to to America to burn the US flag. You think Americans will just laugh it off?
If the Saudi Army goes to Rome to burn the Bible you think there would be no reaction?
What is the problem in Afghans asking a foreign occupation force to leave their country, the US itself chased England out of their land
Nigerian Christians will not ignore people who are burning the Bible, esp if it is a foreigner doing that in Nigeria
I have seen curses composed against Hamas by a Nigerian church. Hamas is fighting jews in the ME, not in Nigeria

Certain things are purely meant to taunt people and they inflame passions when they are done by a resented occupation force which has killed many innocent civilians
BTW if you go to the politics section, you will see how Igbos react when Ojukwu is attacked or how Yorubas take attack on Awolowo etc
Re: Muslims And The Quran by Sweetnecta: 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2012
@Tiarabubu; « #12 on: Yesterday at 09:30:18 PM »
[Quote]OK so when Afganistan changes hands, Islamic symbols should go up in smoke. Chai, your sense of reasoning is amazing. May be the Swiss and the Italians should be encouraged to blow up all things Islamic since you justify them. may be we should all cheer them on based on your twisted logic.[/Quote]There is no Islamic symbol that i care for; the othoman turks' star and crescent can be blown off it you find them and i will not lose any sleep. Muslims don't have symbols, then of course the Quran is being burnt down. I do not lose sleep over it, though I may dislike it because my Islam is already etched in my heart agreeing with my soul. Alhamdulillah that i feel this way, different from your own logic, even though the jews are ding everything to destroy Masjid Aqsa, including making the Dome of the Rock it. Look around you, tiarabubu. Please take the tiara off and remain in your bubu, you will realize that before Christianity and her churches, the idols and statues of the idols were prominent among in the communities of the pagans. when the pagans became christians, what had to go included the statues of the idols, their former gods, from their eyes and their hearts. Sheee o ti yee e?

[Quote]Wait a minute, may be they (France, holland) share your logic in which case, they will soon demolish all the mosques and Islamic centers in their country. May be the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Britain will follow. Perhaps India (home the Hindus) should do that too. They should ban Islamic books too for good measure.[/Quote]You get excited so easily. In the 1900s a british parliamentarian stood up and tore the Quran during his speech, realizing that it is the Muslims in India that are the greater force behind the resistance, agitating for independence. Another parliamentarian stood up to tell him Islam is spiritual, hence tearing the Quran will not affect it any because the muslims already have belief in 1 God and their Quran is in their hearts. And your suggestion that Godless europe, or religious marketing North America, etc cares for religion enough to want faithful people {islamic people] to leave their mist, you must not know the west, for muslims serve a good purpose at least; people who care enough about God to keep Him in the Forefront for all to think about.
Have you heard of the orientalists? These were non muslims with scholarship on Islam and with their knowledge tell half truth about Islam, at best or worse out right lies about Islam. Islam had to develop interest within her rank so much so that few people are now challenging the liars. This is the reality of the logic, unlike the logic you proposed. While jews are now relishing in all kinds of pork meat, and the christians enjoy ignoring God for the most part except in what they are comfortable in; man God, muslims do stand as they have found their last messenger [as], imitating him in all that is good.

[Quote]After all don't expect the respect and tolerance you don't give others.[/Quote]i wouldn't even expect respect or tolerance even when i extend them as far as i can. i know you will harass me that i haven't done enough in your effort to demean my religion which i owe dear, the same way Moses and Jesus held it dear. Darn oppressor [ grin. I am sure you like how i qualify you and your tight tiara pressing down on your head.
Re: Muslims And The Quran by tiarabubu: 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
Its unfortunate really that common sense eludes you and your elk. sad sad sad sad

Stick to your intolerance, just remember not to demand same from countries that are magnets to your type tongue

(1) (Reply)

Description Of Paradise / Persecution Of Muslims In The West / You Don't Need To Get Loan For Salah Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.