Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites (2356 Views)

Did The 19 Northern Gov Support Buhari ? Thisday Vs Punch/ Vanguard Newspaper / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Govt Buildings In Abuja &19 Northern States / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
It is very interesting to see that a spade is finally being called a spade. Who says ordinary Nigerians(ordinary Northerners) will not one day stand up for their oppressors, and treat them for what they are as examplified by this Northern blogger:

By simple definition, a parasite means; an
organism that benefits at the expense of another,
the host! Taken into account this simple
definition, I wonder how an average northerner
can be termed one by my southern counterparts,
especially from the Oil Producing region in
Nigeria, My Country!
Let me give u a simple example with my
household! I work with a radio station in kano as
a Presentation Assistant, and on the days I have
morning shifts, I wake up as early as 4am and by
5am am in the office! While the days that I have
night shift, sometimes I don’t come back home
till 1am! My wife works as a teacher, (mind you,
she’s also a wife and a mother of 2 and each of
these is a full-time job on its own) then let’s move
on to my 1st son, 5yrs old! He goes to school at
7am to 3pm and very soon he’ll start Islamic
School from 4pm to 6pm monday to friday! I am
not a civil servant, and neither is my wife! My
kids were born in private hospital and still go to
one and my son is in private school! Because
going to a government owned is tantamount to
suicide!
Majority of our average northern families are
hard working people trying to make ends meet
on a daily basis! This is the case for majority of us
in the north, whether middle class or poor and
some of the rich ones not in government! As
such, we do not come in contact with the
allocation money from the federation account!
The real parasites are our northern Governors!
They are demons, blood sucking vampires, they
are mosquitoes that feed on us! They receive
billions of Naira as grant from the federal
Government! Majority of the people do not even
know how much exactly they receive, only what
they tell them! Most of these states are still
backwards in terms of infrastructure, and apart
from salaries, (which some go months without
paying) there’s nothing to write home about!
They mismanaged these resources, inflate
contracts to exorbitant figures, some without
even doing the job still, then end up at the Senate
for Immunity against prosecution when they
leave office! They’ve perfected their looting and
pen-robbery! En massing so much wealth which
can be equal to the budget of a poorer african
country! Yet, the word parasite has become
synonymous with northerners in this country!
At the beginning of this democratic dispensation
in 1999, when The Northern Governors Forum
was formed, one will assume that the 1st thing
they’ll do, is to collectively declare a state of
emergency on education, especially in the core
north where our level of education is one of the
poorest not only in the country, but all over the
world! Or on farming which used to be the major
source of revenue generation in Nigeria, before
“their oil” was discovered! or massive
unemployment as a result of factories that are
closing everyday in the region, and so many other
life-saving issues that can change the lives of
ordinary northerners! Even if they felt that,
somehow these are not important issues that
demand their outright response, one will assume
the current insecurity in the region will make
them sit up, come together and strategize on how
to arrest this endless attacks by Boko Haram,
may be have a meeting with all the heads of
security outfits in the country or something like
that! But for where, its not even on their plate!
Sometimes I can’t help but wonder what’s in their
head, cos its surely not brains! At a point I
thought may be saw dust, but then again even
that is more useful than their brains and I came
to the conclusion that, their heads are just
EMPTY!!!
Economically, the story isn’t any better! Before
independence agriculture was the most
important sector of the economy and accounted
for more than 50% of the nations GDP and more
than 75% of export earnings. That was then, now
we can’t even feed the region, let alone the nation
and talkless of exporting! There is about 3.14
million hectres of land that can be used for
irrigation which only 7percent is currently being
utilized. Kano State alone, has about 13 Dams,
most of them were constructed specifically for
irrigation purposes that are just sitting idle and
wasted! Even the amount of fishing that can be
done with these dams is enough to make a huge
difference! Don’t even get me started on factories
and manufacturing industries that have virtually
become extinct! Yet with all these potentials, the
north shamefully boast of highest rate of
poverty, unemployment and so on and so forth!
To sum it up, the ordinary northerner is blessed
and cursed at the same time! While we have all it
takes to not only stand on our own, but we have
the potential to significantly contribute to the
nation, and generate enough revenue that will
turn us into the Dubai of Africa if you like! God
has blessed us with population, which results
into not only enough manpower, but a huge
market as well! You can take China, India or
Brazil as a case study on how numbers are
blessings! On the other hand, we are cursed with
these clueless rotten leaders, From the
Governors, down to counsillors! Every time, the
former are better than the current ones, it just
keeps getting worst, and worst, and worst!
This is a dilemma we, ordinary northerners have
to deal with, our southern brothers and sisters
hit us on the head consistently, attacking us
verbally on the evil perpetrated by our leaders in
the North, and at the same time we (just like
them in the south) are also victims of bad leaders
that have continued to subject us to all sorts of
hardship! But I am more than certain that this
will NOT go on for life! Where there is injustice,
there will not be peace! The people are
awakening, for the 1st time in the history of
Kano, on 3rd of January, we came out to protest
PEACEFULLY, which motivated the whole nation
to come out and occupy! If am a political office
holder anywhere in this country, I will be
sleeping with one eye open! Gone are the days
when the people will remain silent! We say to our
leaders, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! You either change
your styles, or face the music and DANCE! We in
the North, have taken enough insults on their
behalf! Its about time we turn the heat on THE
CERTIFIED PARASITES!!!

playmodemag./2012/02/23/19-northern-governors-the-certified-parasites/
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Lasinoh: 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
Talk about rats calling mice rodents!
Ha! grin
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
Can u throw more light?
Who is the rat and who is the rodent here?
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by lagcity(m): 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
Count Kwara out. We are on a different level. No dey misyarn for here angry.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Lasinoh: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
How are the Northern governors different from the Southern governors?
All parasites in my humble opinion.
A Nigerian is a Nigerian. PARASITIC!!!! kiss
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Lasinoh:

Lasinoh:

It is interesting to note that the piece was written by a prominent Northern blogger against the backdrop of blanket labelling of Northerners as parasites.

It is already a fact that the North depends on the south(Niger Delta specifically) for revenue.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 11:43pm On Feb 23, 2012
northerners are parasites blah blah blah blah!

ekiti brings more to the table than kaduna abi?
ebonyi contributes more to the federation account than kano shei?
osun is more viable than kogi right?

whether your southern egos agree or not the only non parasitic states in nigeria are: rivers,lagos,bayelsa,delta,akwa ibom,kano & kaduna!

every other state is a parasite (including insignificant oil states like ondo,edo,imo,abia etc)
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Lasinoh: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
asoderock:

It is interesting to note that the piece was written by a prominent Northern blogger against the backdrop of blanket labelling of Northerners as parasites.

It is already a fact that the North depends on the south(Niger Delta specifically) for revenue.

Interesting indeed.
The reason you cannot see that the Southern governors are just as useless to THEMSELVES.
If the Southern governors are faring better than the Northern governors, it would make for a good case.
Till then. . . I hear my toilet flushing. kiss
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by aljharem(m): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
Lasinoh:

cool cool cool cool
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2012
If u want to reduce the point to the better performer bw, Northern and Southern Governors, u will still give it to the south.

You hear about Okorocha, Fashola, Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all frm south,
You can name the performing Northern governors,
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 12:10am On Feb 24, 2012
asoderock:

If u want to reduce the point to the better performer bw, Northern and Southern Governors, u will still give it to the south.

You hear about Okorocha, Fashola, Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio etc all frm south,
You can name the performing Northern governors,
jonah jang collects 5bn monthly,akpabio collects 19bn,amaechi 19bn,fashola 9bn.

using ratios based on performance and income, jang is doing by far better than the rest! same goes for the man in jigawa!
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by naijaking1: 2:51am On Feb 24, 2012
Why do we really complain about northern parasitism on southern resources? They created more local goverments, states, and other avenues to siphon money up north, and you're just realizing that
After all they won the civil war grin grin
The average southerner: Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Edo, etc has no clue about the northern machinations for them and their resources, instead their attention had been focused on fighting and killing each other while the Hausa/Fulani comes from the desert to suck their juice dry tongue
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Jisunpack: 3:12am On Feb 24, 2012
^
whatever makes you sleep well at night.

Lasinoh:

+ 1000
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 24, 2012
All d coments posted so far are nothing but a massive drift from d OP's intent.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by emmke(m): 7:59am On Feb 24, 2012
DRANOEL:

jonah jang collects 5bn monthly,akpabio collects 19bn,amaechi 19bn,fashola 9bn.

using ratios based on performance and income, jang is doing by far better than the rest! same goes for the man in jigawa!
very correct. U have most likely visited plateau recently. Still doing very well despite the unrests. Fact. But i guest the northern governors dont blow their trumpets as loud as their southern counterparts.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 8:26am On Feb 24, 2012
Lasino, dranoel, stop beating about the bush and discuss the issues raised.
Northern Governors are parasites and ordinary Northerners are realising it.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by larikky: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2012
19 parasites is quite under the real amount.The only non-parasites in Nigeria are the real oil producers, i think its closer to 28 parasites.

The northerners are parasites and so is more than 2/3 of the south.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 8:51am On Feb 24, 2012
asoderock:

Lasino, dranoel, stop beating about the bush and discuss the issues raised.
Northern Governors are parasites and ordinary Northerners are realising it.

and how am i beating about the bush?
i simply asked you what makes kano a parasite and ekiti viable?
between kaduna and ebonyi which is the parasite?

like i said earlier, apart from the states i mentioned early on, every other state is a parasite! stop hiding under the southern cloak
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 9:05am On Feb 24, 2012
DRANOEL:

and how am i beating about the bush?
i simply asked you what makes kano a parasite and ekiti viable?
between kaduna and ebonyi which is the parasite?

like i said earlier, apart from the states i mentioned early on, every other state is a parasite! stop hiding under the southern cloak
The point being made here is for u as a Northerner, to lend ur voice to call the Northern governors for what the are-PARASITES, and mobilise your people to start to hold them more accountable and make them start to create wealth in other to move your people forward.
It is more convenient to generalise the NORTH here because no single Northern state generate a dime to the natioal coffers, yet they ritually head to Abuja monthly, plate in hand.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 9:21am On Feb 24, 2012
and have you held the southern governors accountable yet?
with the kind of funds a state like bayelsa "with its small landmass and population" is getting shouldn't that place be like dubai by now?

you are so interested in what the north contributes to the coffers but not interested in what non oil states in the south contributes to the coffers? aren't you a hypocrite?
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by asoderock(m): 9:37am On Feb 24, 2012
DRANOEL my friend, why are u repeatedly avoiding the issue here.
Ok there are some southern states not producing oil, but that is a topic for another day. Deal with the main issue of the thread abeg, which is Northen governors are CERTIFIED PARASITES according to a an ordinary northerner and the are giving people like you a bad name. Or are u a Northern Governor?
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by larikky: 10:02am On Feb 24, 2012
Southern governors are also giving the people a bad name.This is an attack against the north and not against parasitism which is practiced by all non-oil producing states of Nigeria.

If you want to attack the north don't hide under the cloak of parasitism, p.s.I'm a Deltan
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by AjanleKoko: 10:11am On Feb 24, 2012
Nigeria as a country is a parasite in itself. A largely unproductive nation, living off rent and doing very little else. Now they've even resorted to extorting their poor citizens!

Even the oil-rich states are ruled by parasites. Waiting for foreign oilcos to come and do the dirty work, and pay them brokerage. With all the cash they are making, their states still look like hell, and their citizens are dirt-poor. They don't even realise that their oil is actually owned by Shell, Chevron, Exxon, etc, and not even the North!

Dysfunctional nation, ruled perennially by cretins, hypocrites, opportunists and cynics. angry
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by achi4u(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2012
Dronel,you keep pointing at Ebonyi as if the state is not like Tokyo to your poverty striking-sekelctin-working-people of you tribe.northerners should cover their faces in shame and go back to square one.North is poor in brain.
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ajanlekoko^^ exactly what i've been trying to knock into the head OP.
it beats my imagination when some one calls others parasites when you yourself is a parasite.
almost all the states in nigeria are parasites including the oil producing ones.
apart from the God given oil which flows in the niger delta and which no one contributed in putting there what have these governors done? i may ask what is the difference between a man who wakes up,sits on his chair all day watching tv while expecting money from he's wif
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
achi4u:

Dronel,you keep pointing at Ebonyi as if the state is not like Tokyo to your poverty striking-sekelctin-working-people of you tribe.northerners should cover their faces in shame and go back to square one.North is poor in brain.

for starters, upgrade your english.

statistically (bureau of statistics) benue tops ebonyi in education,what it contributes to the national coffers,productivity etc. but then again i'm not going to allow you reduce this talk to the local talk of ebonyi and benue,so yes ebonyi is heaven to me . . . .happy now?
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Beaf: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2012
Will all parasites please stand up? grin
I de hail una!

When is the next #Occupy gonna hold so we can express our parasitism as true lazy awuf luv'n phucks?
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Beaf: 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
[size=14pt]The real parasites are our northern Governors! They are demons, blood sucking vampires, they are mosquitoes that feed on us! They receive billions of Naira as grant from the federal Government! Majority of the people do not even know how much exactly they receive, only what they tell them! Most of these states are still backwards in terms of infrastructure, and apart from salaries, (which some go months without paying) there’s nothing to write home about! They mismanaged these resources, inflate contracts to exorbitant figures, some without even doing the job still, then end up at the Senate for Immunity against prosecution when they leave office! They’ve perfected their looting and pen-robbery! En massing so much wealth which can be equal to the budget of a poorer african country![/size]

Ni suru!
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
Beaf:

Will all parasites please stand up? grin
I de hail una!

When is the next #Occupy gonna hold so we can express our parasitism as true lazy awuf luv'n phucks?
and the caravan arrives!
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Beaf: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
^
I said, parasites please stand up and you stood up!
Well done Mr parasite. When are we gonna have "lazy awuf luv'n phucks day?"

Next!
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by DRANOEL(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
^ read all i've been writing, i don accept the parasite tag since! unfortunately you my friend has not realised how big a parasite you are! will all true dundees stand up!
Re: 19 Northern Governors: The Certified Parasites by Beaf: 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
DRANOEL:

^ read all i've been writing, i don accept the parasite tag since! unfortunately you my friend has not realised how big a parasite you are! will all true dundees stand up!

Sorry, you are a parasite.
Instead of denying the obvious, why not lets set up an #Occupy day for all awuf luv'n phucks to demand more awuf? We will bring tubaba and other musicians so we ca dancia alara! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

RIVERS CRISIS: CP Mbu Now The New Governor – Babangida Aliyu / Nigerians May Kiss Goodbye To Free And Fair Elections / Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.