Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples (50085 Views)

A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2012
Been continuing my studies on origins of African people and came across the inhabitants of Madagascar who are regarded as an equal DNA blend of Africn and Asian peoples( more recent arrivals).

This just goes to show that if you strip social stratifications imposed by "some" people who seek to structure world populations in a way the see fit. it is a natural tendency for humans to merge BIOLOGICALLY, SOCIALLY and PHYSICALLy to form new variations  without much infighting.

see pics below. They almost are a perfect blend of Asian and African. FASCINATING !!!

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
More malagasy

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2012
more

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2012
more:

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by ababda: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
Salam Morpheus

Even though, I have a verrrrrry strong grin preference for my own people, these people are a interesting blend. wink

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
ababda:

Salam Morpheus

Even though, I have a verrrrrry strong grin preference for my own people, these people are a interesting blend. wink

I am hoping to go there in the near future to get a first hand look at the countires beauty and people.

PS I was also trying to get more info on the Beja people of Northern sudan and their relation to ancient egyptians and bedouins that migrated into the North African region.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
some more pics of malagasy peoples

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by OneNaira6: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2012
The Khosian actually look more asian influenced than they do even though the Malagasy probably has more asian inflence than them.

Interesting peeps they are though. I love the pictures
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
One_Naira:

The Khosian actually look more asian influenced than they do even though the Malagasy probably has more asian inflence than them.

Interesting peeps they are though. I love the pictures

I actually considered the similarities. They share similar facial morphologies though the khoisan have much stronger features, pepper corn hair texture and deeper eyefolds.   see comparison btw khoi and malagasy

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by OneNaira6: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
morpheus24:

I actually considered the similarities. They share similar facial morphologies though the khoisan have much stronger features and deeper eyefolds.   see comparison btw khoi and malagasy

Yes that is what I meant. The similarities is very evident between the two but just looks alone, nothing else considered like DNA and ancestry link, but just from a glance, someone ignorant of their diversity might assume khosian as more asian influenced than malagasy.
Though the similarities is every evident in both but one falls within the waterpool of asian while the other resemble a blend of both the waterpool of asians and africans.

It is rather interesting imo.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 5:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
One_Naira:

Yes that is what I meant. The similarities is very evident between the two but just looks alone, nothing else considered like DNA and ancestry link, but just from a glance, [b]someone ignorant of their diversity might assume khosian as more asian influenced than malagasy.[/b]Though the similarities is every evident in both but one falls within the waterpool of asian while the other resemble a blend of both the waterpool of asians and africans.

It is rather interesting imo.
African geno and phenotype is known to carry the most variants of any human population on earth which lends credence to the theory that human beings originate from the continent. The more diversity the greater the evidence of the source code for human beings

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by ababda: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
morpheus24:

I am hoping to go there in the near future to get a first hand look at the countires beauty and people.

PS I was also trying to get more info on the Beja people of Northern sudan and their relation to ancient egyptians and bedouins that migrated into the North African region.

Here is what i found Morpheus24 but it is not much.
http://www.sudantribune.com/The-Beja-the-plight-of-a-people,17365

The above is from the magazine Sudantribune. It seems you have great interest in pharaonic and meroitic history, I am surprised you are not a archaeologist. Northern Sudan has the local (Northern Sudanese), Egyptian, Asian, South African and European variety, but rarely other Africans that study or pursue this science, and there plenty of sites and new sites that are being discovered such as well preserved temples, cities, and other artifacts. They teach and have seminors about the history of the Nile valley in the University of Khartoum, Egypt, and even South African under the archaeological department, every year they find new temples or artifacts somewhere in the desert in Northern Sudan. Northern Sudan is a archaeologist paradise.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
ababda:

It seems you have great interest in pharaonic and meroitic history, I am surprised you are not a archaeologist. Northern Sudan has the local (Northern Sudanese), Egyptian, Asian, South African and European variety, but rarely other Africans that study or pursue this science, and there plenty of sites and new sites that are being discovered such as well preserved temples, cities, and other artifacts. They teach and have seminors about the history of the Nile valley in the University of Khartoum, Egypt, and even South African under the archaeological department, every year they find new temples or artifacts somewhere in the desert in Northern Sudan. Northern Sudan is a archaeologist paradise.
Appreciate the article.
I am very interested in the anthropolgy of African peoples with a concentration on genealogical aspects of different African peoples on the continent, archaelogy is not far behind as it is also a part of the equation.

Part of the impetus that led me to this passion has been the lack of research and understanding of African history (particularly in terms of genotypical and phenotypical biology)by Africans themselves leading to much interpretation and mis-interpretation by what I term as "outsiders" bringing adifferent perspectives to their observations.

Hopefully more people will be interested in these subject matters as I am beginning to become aware of on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
more malagasy peoples

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
These Malagasy people actually remind me of the inhabitants of Pate Island in Lamu (Kenyan Coast), who are also believed to have had Asian ancestors that later got assimilated by the natives of the island, mainly African. Maybe you should also do a study of their origin.

I have also always wondered whether the Goans of India do also have a blend of African and Asian genes.

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2012
x
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
Good Girl:

These Malagasy people actually remind me of the inhabitants of[b] Pate Island in Lamu (Kenyan Coast), [/b] who are also believed to have had Asian ancestors that later got assimilated by the natives of the island, mainly African. Maybe you should also do a study of their origin.

I have also always wondered whether the Goans of India do also have a blend of African and Asian genes.

Visually they seem to have south Asian ( indian) ancestory as opposed to Malagasy who are more Indo-malay asian. I will look into them though, never heard of them.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by tpia5: 2:09am On Feb 28, 2012
what are we supposed to be celebrating here?

most of the photos look like regular africans with a few looking asian.

so?
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
tpia@:

what are we supposed to be celebrating here?

most of the photos look like regular africans with a few looking asian.

so?

We are celebrating the fact that outside of your "Yoruba" kingdom , there are people who see beauty in diversity smiley
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by tpia5: 11:16am On Feb 29, 2012
^Then go to their forums and admire them there.

This matter does not concern nigeria- stop giving us a bad name with your low self esteem.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Feb 29, 2012
tpia@:

This matter does not concern nigeria- stop giving us a bad name with your low self esteem.

self-respect is important. self-esteem and identity.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 6:02pm On Feb 29, 2012
tpia@:

Spoken like a true small brained woman!!

Hurry up and go cook your husband his eba and ewedu before he catches you on the computer

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
The Khoisan are one of the purest ethnic groups in the world. The Khoisan (actually the San) may have been one of the first populations to differentiate from the most recent common paternal ancestor of all extant humans, the so-called Y-chromosomal Adam by patrilineal descent, estimated to have lived 60,000 to 90,000 years ago. The results should be interpreted as only finding that the Khoisan "preserve ancient lineages", and not that they "stopped evolving" or are an "ancient group", since subsequent changes in their population are in parallel and similar to those of all other human populations.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 11:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

The Khoisan are one of the purest ethnic groups in the world. The Khoisan (actually the San) may have been one of the first populations to differentiate from the most recent common paternal ancestor of all extant humans, the so-called Y-chromosomal Adam by patrilineal descent, estimated to have lived 60,000 to 90,000 years ago. The results should be interpreted as only finding that the Khoisan "preserve ancient lineages", and not that they "stopped evolving" or are an "ancient group", since subsequent changes in their population are in parallel and similar to those of all other human populations.

There is no arguement on my part with the above

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by tpia5: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2012
Like the coward you are, you only make mouth when you think there's no male present.

Cursed human trafficker and drug dealer.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
tpia@:

Like the coward you are, you only make mouth when you think there's no male present.

Cursed human trafficker and drug dealer.

Ugly dark skinned Yoruba woman who obviously has image issues.

Poof! begun you wench.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by tpia5: 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2012
SITE ADMIN

your report to moderator button isnt working.

kindly handle the post above me and warn the baboon.

@ the cursed human trafficker and drug dealer called morpheus

abuse ME, not a tribe OR GENDER, ok?

did i mention your ugly cursed tribe or your impotent manhood when i showed you your ancestry?

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
tpia@:

SITE ADMIN

your report to moderator button isnt working.

kindly handle the post above me and warn the baboon.

@ the cursed human trafficker and drug dealer called morpheus

abuse ME, not a tribe OR GENDER, ok?

did i mention your ugly cursed tribe or your impotent manhood when i showed you your ancestry?
]SITE ADMIN
I am guessing the words "human trafficker" and "drug dealer" are not insultive words.

I will let you be the judge of that.

Hmmm?
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by OneNaira6: 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
OP
You should also speak of their culture, is there a similarity between their culture and Asian culture
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Nayah(f): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
One Naira; I like the fact you want to discover other cultures! that's very pleasant smiley
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
One_Naira:

OP
You should also speak of their culture, is there a similarity between their culture and Asian culture

The malagasy language is of asian origins with heavy influences from "bantu" speakers from Mozambic, and zanzibar.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by Yewe2011(m): 8:40am On Mar 09, 2012
is this a malagasay forum?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival / Kegites: All I'm Karid Should Please Meet Here... / Sango Olukoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.