Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (20259 Views)

Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members / How Can NUC Improve The Quality Of Engineers? / Any Member Of Nigeria Society Of Engineers (nse) In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Osezua: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2012
Hello all,

please I want someone to explain to me how I can become a member of the Nigerian society of Engineers. I Studied Building Technology HND (upper credit). 4yrs experience. I am planning to do a PGD in Civil Engineering.

reply will be appreciated.
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by yamakuza: 11:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
Na wa o!

Nobody knows?

Op, seems u'll have to visit their website or office.
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Natasha2(f): 11:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
The truth is you can't be among the NSOE because of your work experience, You have to have at least 15 years work experience and above, so for now you are so unqualified bro. My dad paid over 300,000 thousand  to get the form along side others, they were later called for an interview the rest story, anyways he's now a member, there are two ways of getting in, from what he said and the second way which is more credible wouldn't have consumed a lot of money though he didn't know about that until everything was over. Due to the working year experience needed the form  will take a long time before its sold again. So chilax bro do your thing and wait for 11 more years  cheesy
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by yamakuza: 12:20am On Mar 01, 2012
Thank you jare. I know say Nairalanders no dey carry last, though you a jambite were/was the last i expected to hear the answer from.

[s]Dont worry, if u continue like this, the 1st class is almost sure. (unless its mbbs).[/s]

Natasha,,:

The truth is you can't be among the NSE because of your work experience, You have to have at least 15 years work experience and above, so for now you are so unqualified bro. My dad paid over 300,000 thousand  to get the form along side others, they were later called for an interview the rest story, anywas he's now a member, there are two ways of getting in, from what he said and the second way which is more credible wouldn't have consumed a lot of money though he didn't know about that until everything was over. Due to the working year experience needed the form  will take a long time before its sold again. So chilax bro do your thing and wait for 11 more years  cheesy

1. You mean it can be "runsed"?

2. [s]You mean the forms are sold every 15 or 11 years, not annually?[/s]

3. Just curious, no offence!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Natasha2(f): 12:43am On Mar 01, 2012
[b]^lol  that's why we shouldn't underrate anyone. Well its not runs per say, I will call it an opportunity, though they kind of ripped them off , almost like doing runs unknowingly  grin  they were asked to pay that sum to get the form , they were interviewed quite all right  and later called up as members, ''my dad bleeped up at the interview though''  grin   He said he met a friend at the dinner party they had, he said he got his for a lesser price although he did his a lot earlier than my dad, he was then asked to show his expertise using archi card or was it auto card I don't which one, and he had to go to Abuja.  But my dad wasn't asked to do all that.  And no its not as if the forms are sold in 15 year period, but all things being equal they still take long, Anyways I'll ask my dad for more clarification maybe I'm not right on it. BTW I asked him to wait for 11 more years cos that's when he'll get the 15 years experience requirement, I didn't mean the form will come in 11 years time lol  grin 

[/b]
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by yamakuza: 12:50am On Mar 01, 2012
grin ok, thanks! grin
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Natasha2(f): 8:04am On Mar 01, 2012
You're welcome  grin
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
You can get all the info you need about membership from nse website:
http://www.nse.org.ng/index2.php?page=member
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by ashaby(f): 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
@OP
P
Osezua:

Hello all,

please I want someone to explain to me how I can become a member of the Nigerian society of Engineers. I Studied Building Technology HND (upper credit). 4yrs experience. I am planning to do a PGD in Civil Engineering.

reply will be appreciated.

You will have to Get your PGD first and wait for 2yrs after your graduation to become a Corporate Member of the Society. Please note that if it were a BSc degree, your four years of experience would have qualified you for direct membership but NSE no longer admits HND graduates directly except through PGD. you can send an email to nselagos@gmail.com for further inquiries. Hope you find my submissions useful

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by ashaby(f): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
Natasha,,:

The truth is you can't be among the NSOE because of your work experience, You have to have at least 15 years work experience and above, so for now you are so unqualified bro. My dad paid over 300,000 thousand  to get the form along side others, they were later called for an interview the rest story, anyways he's now a member, there are two ways of getting in, from what he said and the second way which is more credible wouldn't have consumed a lot of money though he didn't know about that until everything was over. Due to the working year experience needed the form  will take a long time before its sold again. So chilax bro do your thing and wait for 11 more years  cheesy

Dear natasha, thanks for your contribution. I believe your dad took the 'Presidential Route' for joining the membership. This membership is for special categories of people who are well advanced in their careers with over 15years and who because of one reason or the other could not apply for the NSE membership at their early age. It doesn't however mean that this is the only avenue of joining the membership of the body. I put it to you that even Engineering students in universities has the opportunity of becoming members. It all depends on the amount of information you have about the society. Kindly send all inquiries, clarifications, requests etc on NSE membership issues to nselagos@gmail.com. Have a blessed weekend y'all!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Natasha2(f): 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
^really you mean an undergraduate can also be a member?  shocked  undecided all right then but i doubt it
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by tunene: 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
Natasha,,:

^really you mean an undergraduate can also be a member?  shocked  undecided all right then but i doubt it
ashaby:

Dear natasha, thanks for your contribution. I believe your dad took the 'Presidential Route' for joining the membership. This membership is for special categories of people who are well advanced in their careers with over 15years and who because of one reason or the other could not apply for the NSE membership at their early age. It doesn't however mean that this is the only avenue of joining the membership of the body. I put it to you that even Engineering students in universities has the opportunity of becoming members. It all depends on the amount of information you have about the society. Kindly send all inquiries, clarifications, requests etc on NSE membership issues to nselagos@gmail.com. Have a blessed weekend y'all!

Ashaby,

I think you need to be careful what you call membership. Natasha's doubt is not unfound. What you can be as a student is a student member (just like ASCE and ICE student members). To be a member of NSE (corporate member), you need to have an engineering degree, with 4 years minimum post-NYSC experinece, with NYSC certificate unless you were exempted. You would also need to pay some fees and pass the exam and the interview, then you can be a CORPORATE (member).
Natashe,

Howbeit, Ashaby was right your father took a matured route. The 300,000 he paid also must have been in one of those expensive, for money only branches.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Natasha2(f): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
tunene:

Ashaby,

I think you need to be careful what you call membership. Natasha's doubt is not unfound. What you can be as a student is a student member (just like ASCE and ICE student members). To be a member of NSE (corporate member), you need to have an engineering degree, with 4 years minimum post-NYSC experinece, with NYSC certificate unless you were exempted. You would also need to pay some fees and pass the exam and the interview, then you can be a CORPORATE (member).
Natashe,

Howbeit, Ashaby was right your father took a matured route. The 300,000 he paid also must have been in one of those expensive, for money only branches.
All right then thanks for the clarification.
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by Mustay(m): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2012
The answer had already been posted previously. The website identifies and distinguishes between different categories of affiliation.

http://www.nse.org.ng/index2.php?page=member
Re: How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers by victor681: 10:05am On May 29, 2015
Really if u iintended joining you'll have to pass through the normal route no need spending that outrageous amount of 300k get into Pgd after 2yrs of graduating you can then apply for corporate member. Hope u find it useful

(1) (Reply)

How I Become A Vehicle Diagnostic Technician Through Nairaland / How I Rose From Rejection To Pinnacle Of Impact—celebrity Carpenter, Moses / Project Managers' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.