Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa (19289 Views)

Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
@ Topic,
well done to d guy, salvation makes us an object of envy,
it makes genius out of any dummy,
ur success story can be repeated anywhere else, even in the so called conventional iniversities.

@ bleeping haters
what d kcuf is d matter wiv u mediocres?
COVENENT UNIVERSITY is not to be compared with any other cultism infested,prostitute laden nigerian university. u feel grades are dished out in CU like water, meaning u ve not heard of pple graduating wiv 3rd class from CU?

Mtshewwww!!!1 Rubbish!!! Very annoying set of losers!.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
I can see a lot of haters here, Its so unfortunate that the Nigerian society is dominated by a whole lot of losers, who believe that Lecturers must fail students, who also believe that failure is a culture, Can't you people see that the guy ain't even a Genius, A genius wouldn't even read so hard. I know of some.

You all wanna eat your cake and have it, But cannot sit down with your books and study after the school lectures,

Majority of the peeps here use to wait till exams period back then before they studied. And you want to get the same result with someone that spends 6hours on a minimum rain or sunshine to study his books.

You only beef cuz u are not opportune. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by IbroSaunks(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
i'm not hating on this guy, but though he's smart and all, he isn't a genius!
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by dayokanu(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
Lol

What was his result like in SSCE?
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

The bittersweet reality of life is that all the studying and first class degrees in the world do not guarantee success in the game of life. For every Nigerian with a first-class, there are a thousand Indians and Chinese with a first-class+++. The world is teeming with technocrats and only a few of them make it past middle management. It's not sufficient to study hard and do well in school. Good grades have to be coupled with personality, wisdom, emotional intelligence and a good dose of humility.
Good grades to a large extent guarantees you a place.
Ijogz K:

I can see a lot of haters here, Its so unfortunate that the Nigerian society is dominated by a whole lot of losers, who believe that Lecturers must fail students, who also believe that failure is a culture, Can't you people see that the guy ain't even a Genius, A genius wouldn't even read so hard. I know of some.

You all wanna eat your cake and have it, But cannot sit down with your books and study after the school lectures,

Majority of the peeps here use to wait till exams period back then before they studied. And you want to get the same result with someone that spends[b] 6hours on a minimum rain or sunshine to study his books. [/b]

6 hours straight a day will make a difference.
Opoki:

Guy, no one is hating, its only that your best is not always enough and there is no waiver in most cases especially in OAU, something that you could have been penalised for in OAU could be waived in CU. I graduated with 3rd class (2.33) and today i'm proud about how i've efficiently managed my life afterward. I'm a proud owner of a Farm with more than 7000 birds, i realized more than 2000 pieces of eggs daily.
I recently went back to OAU to collect my cert. After years of,
vicade link=topic=878781.msg10284004#msg10284004 date=1330349286:

All these talk about first class been easy in certain schools is bollocks. My cousin had a 2:1 in babcock and had a distinction in his masters @ university of stirling in the uk. Dude had straight As' and had the best disserration in his department. He now runs his own research and training firm. There are many more like that. He said he got a distinction cos d facilities were excellent and d quality of teaching notably teacher- student ratio and d teaching materials. Such facilities exist in some private universities. However most people believe that cos unilag,oau and ife are more difficult in terms of the conditions of learning and d pompousness of old lecturers makes them better. That's false. Because it is harder does not mean the standard is better. Go figure.
vicade:

All these talk about first class been easy in certain schools is bollocks. My cousin had a 2:1 in babcock and had a distinction in his masters @ university of stirling in the uk. Dude had straight As' and had the best disserration in his department. He now runs his own research and training firm. There are many more like that. He said he got a distinction cos d facilities were excellent and d quality of teaching notably teacher- student ratio and d teaching materials. Such facilities exist in some private universities. However most people believe that cos unilag,oau and ife are more difficult in terms of the conditions of learning and d pompousness of old lecturers makes them better. That's false. Because it is harder does not mean the standard is better. Go figure.
Straight to the point.
So lets see what he's going to make out of this wonderful grade!
OLU Agro-Allied Industry.
He is going to make something great out of it.One of the geeks from CU earns 35,000pounds/annum grin grin
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

The bittersweet reality of life is that all the studying and first class degrees in the world do not guarantee success in the game of life. For every Nigerian with a first-class, there are a thousand Indians and Chinese with a first-class+++. The world is teeming with technocrats and only a few of them make it past middle management. It's not sufficient to study hard and do well in school. Good grades have to be coupled with personality, wisdom, emotional intelligence and a good dose of humility.
Ijogz K:

I can see a lot of haters here,  Its so unfortunate that the Nigerian society is dominated by a whole lot of losers, who believe that Lecturers must fail students, who also believe that failure is a culture,  Can't you people see that the guy ain't even a Genius,  A genius wouldn't even read so hard. I know of some.

Majority of the peeps here use to wait till exams period back then before they studied. And you want to get the same result with someone that spends[b] 6hours on a minimum rain or sunshine to study his books. [/b]

You only beef cuz u are not opportune.   undecided
Opoki:

Guy, no one is hating, its only that your best is not always enough and there is no waiver in most cases especially in OAU, something that you could have been penalised for in OAU could be waived in CU. I graduated with 3rd class (2.33) and today i'm proud about how i've efficiently managed my life afterward. I'm a proud owner of a Farm with more than 7000 birds, i realized more than 2000 pieces of eggs daily.

vicade:

Straight to the point.
He is going to make something great out of it.One of the geeks from CU earns 35,000pounds/annum grin grin
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

Ijogz K:

I can see a lot of haters here,  Its so unfortunate that the Nigerian society is dominated by a whole lot of losers, who believe that Lecturers must fail students, who also believe that failure is a culture,  Can't you people see that the guy ain't even a Genius,  A genius wouldn't even read so hard. I know of some.

You only beef cuz u are not opportune.   undecided
Opoki:

vicade:

Straight to the point.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ijogz K:

Majority of the peeps here use to wait till exams period back then before they studied. And you want to get the same result with someone that spends[b] 6hours on a minimum rain or sunshine to study his books[/b].

6 hours straight will make a difference.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
35,000 Pounds per annum?

I knw several people who didnt graduate from secondary school making more than that
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by sunky644(m): 3:15pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Moshoodn, I respect you oooo, it's one of the most difficult thing in academic setting to graduate with that grade in Biochemistry. If this CU Guy had studied Biochemistry, I am sure he couldn't ve had anything more than 4.60 in the so called CU and maybe a second upper in another school. But definitely not a first class in Biochemistry in OAU, UI, LAUTECH, UNILAG,
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
Makes 35,000 pounds as interns.Just a reply to somebody saying he produces 2000 eggs a day.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2012
sunky644:

@Moshoodn, I respect you oooo, it's one of the most difficult thing in academic setting to graduate with that grade in Biochemistry. If this CU Guy had studied Biochemistry, I am sure he couldn't ve had anything more than 4.60 in the so called CU and maybe a second upper in another school. But definitely not a first class in Biochemistry in OAU, UI, LAUTECH, UNILAG,
He identified his area of strenght and developed himself there.The biochemistry firstclass may not have graduated with first class in accounting.The fact that these so called big school are not conducive for academic excellence does not make them better.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
dayokanu:

35,000 Pounds per annum?

I knw several people who didn't graduate from secondary school making more than that
You are sounding like someone who tried to enter CU through a Scholarship scheme, but got rejected because you weren't smart enough, and you are now hating the school as a result.  undecided
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by ojeycombo(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
Rubbish!!! angry "Hating" indeed. someone was talking about how salvation his related to the Guy's 1st-class. Talking like a chipmonk!!! what is the connection? undecided abi u no know how many pple don turn new leaf abi na stem wey dem fail wonderfully?? grin FYI, kudos to that guy, still i am not impressed.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I can c a lot of CU graduates here, please, come and attempt ABU. u go know sey school pass school. dom doms!!! angry tongue
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by nas00(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2012
Na wah for all these 'noise makers' sef.
At least, I know of someone with a 1st class from Bells University. To construct simple sentences in english na war for am.
I can't count the number of times I've had to help in proof-reading english stuff. Yoruba sef she no fit write or speak in a definitive manner.
Most annoying thing to me is the manner these 'olodos' still dey form 'phonetics'.

People get 1st class in UI, OAU et al, we no dey make noise. Before 'these ones' get 1 6.9 CGPA, the whole world for don hear. *smh*

Guess they aren't used to it, anyway.
Awon olodo gbogbo.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
ojeycombo:

Rubbish!!! angry "Hating" indeed. someone was talking about how salvation his related to the Guy's 1st-class. Talking like a chipmonk!!! what is the connection? undecided abi u no know how many pple don turn new leaf abi na stem wey dem fail wonderfully?? grin FYI, kudos to that guy, still i am not impressed.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I can c a lot of CU graduates here, please, come and attempt ABU. u go know sey school pass school. dom doms!!! angry tongue
If you are actually a graduate of ABU, we might not be interested at your offer. Your sense of reasoning speaks for the kind of products you guyz produce.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by oladapoa1(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
does class really matter? But i still respect UI, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILORIN & ABU_but definately not UNILAG & LAUTECH. They r junks, ! I knw them better
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by daygeefash: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2012
I have one questionn for all you haters, wht can't he make that grade in our federal varsities, pls educate us on why we private university students are only 2:1-3rd class materials in our federal schools
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by ojeycombo(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
[quote][/quote]If you are actually a graduate of ABU, we might not be interested at your offer. Your sense of reasoning speaks for the kind of products you guyz produce.

who is this speaking gibberish? undecided what is sense of reasoning? you just want to present an illegitimate self-defence to your novel feat in the school. Ok, i don hear u, una know book well well tongue undecided abi, I do not need to contest with you by any means or come on this platform to blow my trumpet. However my friend, igi imu jina sori. cool. Ok, in case you do not decipher, it mean "the stick of nose is far from the head", grin grin Okpe!!! angry
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Okontami: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
Please advise this dude. Today's success is not enough. Winning must be every time and not sometimes. He should start thinking of what is next after this. Yes he has a first class , what is next. Today's success is for today, build on it to have a great life. Congrats my Guy
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
ojeycombo:

If you are actually a graduate of ABU, we might not be interested at your offer. Your sense of reasoning speaks for the kind of products you guyz produce.

who is this speaking gibberish? undecided what is sense of reasoning? you just want to present an illegitimate self-defence to your novel feat in the school. Ok, i don hear u, una know book well well tongue undecided abi, I do not need to contest with you by any means or come on this platform to blow my trumpet. However my friend, igi imu jina sori. cool. Ok, in case you do not decipher, it mean "the stick of nose is far from the head", grin grin Okpe!!! angry
I hope you av been able to get yourself a job "It's a friendly game not an attack"
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by sheyguy: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
ojeycombo:

Which ABU r u talkin abt? Is it not the same ABU (Amadu bello u) where a lecturer was busted for lifting phd thesis from the net?
It is funny how pple boast about public schools with damaged rep ignorantly here. U guys think cu students dont get to hear these jist or what. The fact the lectures from public schools fail students in their bid to regulate the amount of first class does not mean school like cu who choose not to tow this line are substandard.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by moshoodn(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ijogz K:

I hope you av been able to get yourself a job "It's a friendly game not an attack"
whats up
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by moshoodn(m): 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
ojeycombo:

easy bro. . . easy
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by dustydee: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
It's not easy. Well done.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by buzor(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
lets face d truth, we all knw that d condition of study in our federal schools is not same like d private schools. Just like uniben for instance, if u re able to make 2.1 in uniben, u ll make 1st class in any private university in nigeria. Am a living witness, especially engineering.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by buzor(m): 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2012
I wonder what ll make me not to have a 1st class in a university where all i do is reading reading reading, nothing else. No missing result, no toasting and emotional wahalla, no lecturer victimization, light 24hours.
What ll stop me, i keep on asking.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by buzor(m): 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
1st class is no big deal
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by vescucci(m): 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
Thank God I don finish school. If my father see this one when man pikin still dey school, no joy for boys be that oh

And y'all should just congratulate the boy jare. His achievement is not a cause for your life stories. Federal, State or private school no follow join.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by promire2004(f): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
ikechukz:

i be think say na better school sef
lmao, my thoughts exactly!
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by promire2004(f): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

u're sooooooo on point. Most first class degree holders seldom have a good dose of humility. Academic excellence is all they care to know!
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by tanimola22: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
nas 00:

Na wah for all these 'noise makers' sef.
At least, I know of someone with a 1st class from Bells University. To construct simple sentences in english na war for am.
I can't count the number of times I've had to help in proof-reading english stuff. Yoruba sef she no fit write or speak in a definitive manner.
Most annoying thing to me is the manner these 'olodos' still dey form 'phonetics'.

People get 1st class in UI, OAU et al, we no dey make noise. Before 'these ones' get 1 6.9 CGPA, the whole world for don hear. *smh*

Guess they aren't used to it, anyway.
Awon olodo gbogbo.

Not coming to anybody's defense here; however, I would like to remark that any important article written in any language has to be proofread by at least one other person who did not write the article. This helps to reduce typos, grammatical blunders and all to the minimum. I cannot even imagine myself writing an important article that will not be proofread by someone else. Even English language professors ask other profs to have them proofread write-ups.

Good luck.

T22

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamb Cancels Result And Portal Is Being Closed / 8 Mistakes You Must Avoid While Applying For Scholarships / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.