Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4414079 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 1:22am On Jun 27, 2015
petikal:

We all started from somewhere. Let them ask, better than making uniformed decisions. I do however agree they need to read through the thread.
Now you are talking, you see information is power smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 10:27am On Jun 27, 2015
ghettodreamz:

Before you can purchase through any bank, you must have an account (savings/current) with such. In addition, based on what I've read on the thread thus far, First bank does not allow their customers to bid by themselves, meaning you go with their own successful bid rate for any given auction. I hope this helps.
Hmmm

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akilo1: 3:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
help me all,when is the next date for TBILL auction as a customer service in unity bank told me on thursday that the next auction is sempteber,please i meed the table to confirm and get prepare for this.thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by desireoge(f): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2015
Gd Morning all. I also need information on the next auction date because I want to liquidate my fix Deposit to trade TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
desireoge:
Gd Morning all. I also need information on the next auction date because I want to liquidate my fix Deposit to trade TB.

i think next auction will be next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by desireoge(f): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks. will keep following to know the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
just2endowed:

i think next auction will be next week

Any information on the precise date?

CC: feelamong
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2015
here is the time table

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
poposki33:
here is the time table

Thanks Poposki33.
Much needed information.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2015
pipz:

They are the stop rates for the last T Bill primary Auction.

your Bank treasury post the Bids. but you have to go through your Acct officer/Frontline team of your Bank

if you go through this thread from the beginning im sure you know what T Bills are and how the work. better still click this link and read up.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/treasurybill.asp

Account officer at UBA was given signed bid instruction on Monday 22/6/15 against Wednesday's bid 24/6/15. My requested bid rate: 9.7%, tenor: 91 days. The guy never did anything. Said his head office did not advise them on rates. What sort of excuse is that please? Are they not supposed to bid based on customer's rate? Even if my rate happens to be above stop rate, then I know that I lost and have to re-bid. What then does he mean by saying H/O did not advise them?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 2:20am On Jul 01, 2015
pipz:
NGN T-Bill Auction Result 24/06/2015

TENOR MATURITY AMOUNTS SOLD CUT OFF [Yield] BID/COVER PREV DISC (Yield)

91 DY 24-Sep-15 NGN 31.19B 10.00% (10.26%) 1.00 10.00% (10.26%)
182 DY 24-Dec-15 NGN 39.34B 12.80% (13.67%) 1.06 12.70% (13.56%)
364 DY 23-Jun-16 NGN50.00B 13.00% (14.94%) 1.86 12.80% (14.67%)

Hi. What's the difference between cut-off and yield?

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2015
Tinyemeka:

Hi. What's the difference between cut-off and yield?

Thanks.

The cut off is the interest rate at which the tenor is offered, but because the interest is paid upfront the actual(True) interest which is much higher is called the yield.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
Desanta:

The cut off is the interest rate at which the tenor is offered, but because the interest is paid upfront the actual(True) interest which is much higher is called the yield.

Understood. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:10am On Jul 03, 2015
I just got this mail from my brokers whom I always do Treasury Bills from..

It looks a cool investment, especially now that the Tbill rate are lower than the guaranteed return

Good day Mr Feelamong,

This is to introduce you to our new product. Please see below.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications if so desired.
Regards

FIDELITY SECURITIES LIMITED BOND INDEXED INVESTMENT NOTES
PRODUCT FEATURES: This product was borne out of the need to present our customers with an alternative investment in the capital market; It also comes with the positives of any fixed income instrument (Coupons/Interest).
The Investment Note is tied to the purchase and guaranteed returns of FGN and Corporate bonds in the Capital market. It carries the features of a mutual fund but comes with the flexibility of any money market deposits product. This particular product is particularly indexing the recently issued Fidelity Corporate Bonds.

• The Interest rate is guaranteed at 13.75% for one year only (After which it will be reviewed in line with prevailing market conditions)

• The Tenor of the Investment is One year (1 year) with a minimum holding period of 270 days.

• Unlike most other Bond Indexed Mutual funds, whose returns fluctuate in response to the Bond market, this Bond Indexed Investment Notes gives a Guaranteed return for the year notwithstanding the performance of the FGN bonds.

• Interest are paid to customers every 90 days with automatic renewal thereafter.

• Customers are allowed to break the investments whenever the need for cash arises but will have to forfeit 20% of the accrued interest on the investments.

• It is open ended and investors are allowed to join in the investment anytime.

• There is an Asset manager fee of 0.5% on the accrued interest.

• The Minimum Investment is N1M.

• Investment Holders are allowed to increase their investment whenever they wish to do so.

Kindly Contact us for any further clarifications on info@fidsecng.com

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2015
Desanta:

for a 10% discount, the true yield is not what you posted. it is actually 11.11%.

since the interest is discounted and paid upfront, it means that for 10%, the true yield is
(1/9)X100.

for example, if you invested N100,000k at 10%; 10% of N100,000 is N10,000; this means that N90,000 is what was taken from your account and not the entire N100,000. However, since N100,000 will be paid back to you, the difference is N10,000.

Now, your true yield will now be (10,000/90,000)X100. this gives you 11.11%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2015
feelamong:

It looks a cool investment, especially now that the Tbill rate are lower than the guaranteed return

Good day Mr Feelamong,

Regards

PRODUCT FEATURES: This product was borne out of the need to present our customers with an alternative investment in the capital market; It also comes with the positives of any fixed income instrument (Coupons/Interest).
The Investment Note is tied to the purchase and guaranteed returns of FGN and Corporate bonds in the Capital market. It carries the features of a mutual fund but comes with the flexibility of any money market deposits product. This particular product is particularly indexing the recently issued Fidelity Corporate Bonds.

• The Interest rate is guaranteed at 13.75% for one year only (After which it will be reviewed in line with prevailing market conditions)

• The Tenor of the Investment is One year (1 year) with a minimum holding period of 270 days.

• Unlike most other Bond Indexed Mutual funds, whose returns fluctuate in response to the Bond market, this Bond Indexed Investment Notes gives a Guaranteed return for the year notwithstanding the performance of the FGN bonds.

• Interest are paid to customers every 90 days with automatic renewal thereafter.

• Customers are allowed to break the investments whenever the need for cash arises but will have to forfeit 20% of the accrued interest on the investments.

• Investment Holders are allowed to increase their investment whenever they wish to do so.

WOW! I LOVE THIS ONE!
BUT OP, HAVE YOU TRIED IT? HOW WAS IT?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by An0nimus: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2015
The federal government plans to raise N50.4 billion ($253 million) worth of Treasury bills of 3-month and 6-month maturities at an auction on July 8, the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) said on Wednesday.

The bank said it will sell N25.40 billion worth of the 91-day paper and N25 billion of the 182-day debt, using the Dutch Auction System (DAS).

Results of the auction are usually published a day after the auction

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/fg-to-raise-n50-4bn-in-t-bills/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Royal155:
WOW! I LOVE THIS ONE!
BUT OP, HAVE YOU TRIED IT? HOW WAS IT?

I havnt tried it yet..

I intend to try it as soon as my soon fixed deposit matures next week..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by petikal(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
feelamong:

OK, so 0.5% deducted on the interest, but how about tax deduction? Also, considering the interest is spread out quarterly, it makes the actual yield of T-Bills (at current rate) still more attractive.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
feelamong:

I havnt tried it yet..

I intend to try it as soon as my soon fixed deposit matures next week..

bro, pls ask dem if its as SAFE as NTB.

i jus bought NTB today, 11.2 for 176 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Any fund you want to put your money consider how easy it is to exit such fund...........So many fund are good on paper even famous ones and when it comes to liquidating your asset,then they will start asking for unneccessary documents......................
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
yomi007k:

bro, pls ask dem if its as SAFE as NTB.

i jus bought NTB today, 11.2 for 176 days.
please bro, how much did you buy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:22am On Jul 04, 2015
poposki33:
please bro, how much did you buy
2M
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by poposki33: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2015
yomi007k:

2M
thanks bro

i was thinking of buying 500k next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manie(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2015
angelo82:
Any fund you want to put your money consider how easy it is to exit such fund...........So many fund are good on paper even famous ones and when it comes to liquidating your asset,then they will start asking for unneccessary documents......................

Beware of any investment that is not regulation by SEC. Customers of BGL Securities that have billions of Naira trapped can be linked to investments that are good on paper but SEC does not have oversight functions on such investments.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manie(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2015
feelamong:

Good day Mr Feelamong,

Regards

Why can't you just invest in FGN bonds or corporate bonds. I was begged on several occasions to invest in similar investment schemes by BGL which I politely declined, customers who bought the investments currently have over N11 billion matured fund which the company is yet pay.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
angelo82:
That is d problem am currently aving with FBN money market. I subscribe with my PVC, I intend to divest part of my fund, dey r rejecting the PVC frm me and I dnt av any of the 3 ID cards mentioned. Although, their interest has b wonderful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
Yem0350:

That is d problem am currently aving with FBN money market. I subscribe with my PVC, I intend to divest part of my fund, dey r rejecting the PVC frm me and I dnt av any of the 3 ID cards mentioned. Although, their interest has b wonderful

Whats wonderful about it when you can't exit the fund easily?..................
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
angelo82:

Whats wonderful about it when you can't exit the fund easily?..................

There is no big deal about exiting actually, I was only asked to complete their fund redemption form with proof of identification. I also had to tell them why I needed the money. The fund got into my account in 3 work days, the day I applied for the fund inclusive.

I will advise the guy having identification issues to go and get one of those IDs.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Etfash:

There is no big deal about exiting actually, I was only asked to complete their fund redemption form with proof of identification. I also had to tell them why I needed the money. The fund got into my account in 3 work days, the day I applied for the fund inclusive.

I will advise the guy having identification issues to go and get one of those IDs.
Why do dey accept dat PVC from me during subscription wen dey knw I won't b able to use it for redemption

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2225) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.