Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4424239 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 3:14pm On May 09, 2016
Ryder306:

Walexy14: Hope Rosabon will improve their rates too.
Rosabon Financial Services still offers one of the best rates, over 11% depending on your placement .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2016
Rexceedo:
Pls, is the interest of 4.5% monthly or yearly? I.e what will 1.5m accrue in a month? Someone told me is 4.5%/12=0.00375 for a month.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chukzyfcb(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2016
Whenever I see the t.bills rate rising while FBN money market is stagnant. I just go angry. Imagine a 7.99% for 91days, discounted rate oh!!! Meanwhile FBN MMF dey gimme 7%. Rubbish
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2016
next auction date should be 18th
Budget signed!

guys, What stop rate are u suggesting for 365 days? shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 11:03am On May 10, 2016
Noted.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by whyniel: 5:48am On May 11, 2016
Rooneyboy:
Now that the nigga has passed the budget ,

I've got over 5 mill to spare, just lying in my account and I don't know how to go about this TBills stuff.

Which bank is has the best rates

It's not only about bank but bank branches too.

You should get reasonable rate from FCMB, Wema and maybe Heritage bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rooneyboy(m): 7:14am On May 11, 2016
whyniel:
It's not only about bank but bank branches too.
You should get reasonable rate from FCMB, Wema and maybe Heritage bank
Ok sir , thank u so very much sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 5:47am On May 12, 2016
Dis question is important, som1 shud put up suggestions. Thnks

sherif4owo:
next auction date should be 18th
Budget signed!

guys, What stop rate are u suggesting for 365 days? shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2016
10.5% for 365 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 10:32am On May 12, 2016
Sylverly:
10.5% for 365 days

That should be for 91 days if govt means business. 365 should be between 12 and 14.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 12:38pm On May 12, 2016
mekaboy:

That should be for 91 days if govt means business. 365 should be between 12 and 14.
I doubt the possibility of sudden jump in rate..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 8:56pm On May 12, 2016
Sylverly:

Treasury bill 04.05.2016
Last treasury bill auction stop rate was 11.05 for364days.

FGN Bond 11.05.2016
Successful bids for the 15.54%FGN FEB 2020, 12.50% FGN JAN 2026 and 12.40% FGN MAR 2036 were allotted at the Marginal Rates of
13.2490%,13.7430% and 13.9000%, respectively.

Next treasury bill am looking at between 12% to 12.7% for 364days

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 4:41am On May 13, 2016
IHelp:

Treasury bill 04.05.2016
Last treasury bill auction stop rate was 11.05 for364days.

FGN Bond 11.05.2016
Successful bids for the 15.54%FGN FEB 2020, 12.50% FGN JAN 2026 and 12.40% FGN MAR 2036 were allotted at the Marginal Rates of
13.2490%,13.7430% and 13.9000%, respectively.

Next treasury bill am looking at between 12% to 12.7% for 364days
alright..but, I can't afford to miss out this time...# because , I hv bn going with bank rate, yet I hvnt gotten any deal. Just hv to do it myself this time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 7:27am On May 13, 2016
Sylverly:

Very possible. Once money is pumped into the economy by govt, CBN has to mop up with high rates to control inflation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rexceedo: 8:40am On May 13, 2016
Banks like frustrating T-bill patronizers in order to retain their cash. I've been a victim of this severally. They compel and persuade you- why not go for FD? T-bill is not paying at the moment?....and many blablas. If you insists, they'll advise you to leave it for them to do the bidding. But at last you won't be successful.
Sylverly:
alright..but, I can't afford to miss out this time...# because , I hv bn going with bank rate, yet I hvnt gotten any deal. Just hv to do it myself this time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 9:17am On May 13, 2016
mekaboy:

Very possible. Once money is pumped into the economy by govt, CBN has to mop up with high rates to control inflation.
so..boss, what rate are u aiming at..? I might queue in
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2016
Rexceedo:
Banks like frustrating T-bill patronizers in order to retain their cash. I've been a victim of this severally. They compel and persuade you- why not go for FD? T-bill is not paying at the moment?....and many blablas. If you insists, they'll advise you to leave it for them to do the bidding. But at last you won't be successful.
it's so annoying... For over two months now..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cosd(m): 11:44am On May 13, 2016
g
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chimeziem(m): 11:44am On May 13, 2016
Rexceedo, Can one buy T-bill without going through the banks?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:05pm On May 13, 2016
cosd:
good day all, I have 8 mill, lying in my account and would like to buy Tbills with it for a period of 60-70 days...what % should I expect?..which bank offers good rate?...a friend with diamond bank offered 5% for the said period but am not cool with it...Thanks all

If I were you, I will put the money in stock market today...the bull is too much now...

If your not good in stick tradding...go to STANBIC IBTC bank, and bid NTB for yourself at a good price...

Goodluck
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rexceedo: 12:57pm On May 13, 2016
Wish I could epp, am still a newbie on it...... I did it via bank, maybe stockbrokers can do it too.... I.e CSL
chimeziem:
Rexceedo, Can one buy T-bill without going through the banks?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Naijainvestor: 1:00pm On May 13, 2016
cosd:
good day all, I have 8 mill, lying in my account and would like to buy Tbills with it for a period of 60-70 days...what % should I expect?..which bank offers good rate?...a friend with diamond bank offered 5% for the said period but am not cool with it...Thanks all

Is that 5% pa prorated for 60-70 days, otherwise it is a good deal
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 10:01pm On May 13, 2016
cosd:

With the said amount , Rosabon Financial services can offer you 9.5% per annum for 60days .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2016
cosd:
With the said amount , Rosabon Financial services can offer you 9.5% per annum for 60days .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34am On May 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06am On May 15, 2016
@tritri: i dont think its cool the way you attacked the rosabon guy, if u have experienced something negative with them..... present it here.

For someone like me, i only got to know about financial houses here and at the same time got to know about the fantastical fraud going on in some of them. information is power.

For the person that asked the question, i visited their office in yaba few weeks ago to attach face to the company and that was actually when i saw a advert by Linda ikeji celebrating their 23yrs anniversary.

Honestly they spoke well but personally not ok with the rate (guess it because of my principal 1m for 30days ). Presently monitoring their reports, hopefully i may reconsider 90days when my stanbic fd drop.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2016
Tritri:
@walexy14 Are you the only one working for Rosabon financial? All your post is mainly about Rosabon?
@cosd We have thousands of Well known financial house in nigeria. But u choose to go with one with just 2 office .
Tomorrow now u will start crying people r wicked.

@walexy14 On your website you claim to have Attached as your Customer but You cant spend a decent amount on media /radio/Tv but you can Sit down all day on nairaland and search for any post involving money then gbam u will see @walexy14 Mr rosabon.

@cosd All wonder bank seems legit/real have 1 or 2 branches until they disappear and those branches becomes a warehouse.

pls Rosabon Financial services is a leasing and financing company that lease units of vehicles and other equipments to big companies like those you saw on our website. So to finance all this we do treasury activities and also give out credit loans . so do not take us for a micro finance bank that have branch offices everywhere. Visit those companies you saw on our websites and ask questions . the latest transaction of it all is the 57 units of SUV Ford Edge cars that was lease to HUAWEI and value at 476,850, 000 .So go make ur inquiries and stop saying what ur not sure of Mr Tritri.

We have a alot of Sales Executive and anyone can use any medium in Sales . So thats why most of my post are about Rosabon cos thats what i do and very sure of , and has stand the test of time for 23yrs , won the 2015 Capital Finance International (CFI. CO )Award for Best SME financial Advisor and Primarily has a remedy for guys on nairaland that needs information's on how they can get a higher
rate that what they are presently getting from Banks, TB n FG bond cos this forum is all about sharing informations that will benefit people

From Experience people like you that don't make findings b4 commenting or discouraging others dont even have 5kobo to invest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2016
Pls take this your rubbish rosabon scam to the dustbin. Or create a seperate thread for it.

We r here to discuss treasury bills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 3:04pm On May 15, 2016
mekaboy:
Pls take this your rubbish rosabon scam to the dustbin. Or create a seperate thread for it.

We r here to discuss treasury bills.
No be Lie, I wish I could delete any comments DAT is not of Treasury Bills here. lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.