Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4424492 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Biakwa: 12:22pm On May 19, 2016
@aamgroup always follow up on our chart,you wll aways get update.The next auction is 1st of June 2016.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 2:15pm On May 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Biakwa: 2:46pm On May 19, 2016
FBN are not trying at all.Not even upto 11%?.Well still ok than having an idle fund in your savings.

Cheers......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 3:25pm On May 19, 2016
Houstency:
With this CBN's marginal rate of 12.48% for 364 days, First bank gave me 10.83% for 364days.. very pretty poor i think.
did u go with bank rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 3:38pm On May 19, 2016
louismariae:

IHelp thanks for getting back to me.

So how should I proceed?

Visit any branch of your bank and tell them you want to purchase Treasury bill. They will instruct you how to go about it.
For Gtb I do write a letter instructing them on the amount to purchase.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 3:40pm On May 19, 2016
Houstency:
With this CBN's marginal rate of 12.48% for 364 days, First bank gave me 10.83% for 364days.. very pretty poor i think.

Gtb gave over 11%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rexceedo: 3:41pm On May 19, 2016
Why wasting time and cash here While stock is busy making MEN millionaires currently

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 3:43pm On May 19, 2016
Rexceedo:
Why wasting time and cash here While stock is busy making MEN millionaires currently

You don't put all your eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 4:34pm On May 19, 2016
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Biakwa: 4:49pm On May 19, 2016
Hello guys,can we get various banks rate on TBills so we can compare.For it seems Gtb Bank is taking the lead.

Cheers................... smiley smiley wink wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rexceedo: 6:12pm On May 19, 2016
I like your repartee, it said it all.
That's what I did- Used my T-bill yield on stock; Its actually paying.
IHelp:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rexceedo: 6:13pm On May 19, 2016
I like your repartee, it said it all. That's what I did- Used my T-bill yield on stock; Its actually paying.
IHelp:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:24pm On May 19, 2016
Houstency:
new to Tbills. I just went to FBN and told them i need form to purchase Tbills. Filled the form and got credited with my profits. Did my maths and saw that it was 10.83%. Is there any line of actions to take for better rates next time? Thanks
364 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2016
Houstency:
new to Tbills. I just went to FBN and told them i need form to purchase Tbills. Filled the form and got credited with my profits. Did my maths and saw that it was 10.83%. Is there any line of actions to take for better rates next time? Thanks
quote ur own rate..got 11.02% . Just got my SMS alert
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 8:59pm On May 19, 2016
Sylverly:
quote ur own rate..got 11.02% . Just got my SMS alert

How many days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sylverly(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2016
40manlappy:

How many days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aamgroup: 10:34am On May 20, 2016
Biakwa:
@aamgroup always follow up on our chart,you wll aways get update.The next auction is 1st of June 2016.

OK thanks...... Where would I see your chart?. .... And what do you think I should do as regards my banks saying next week is the auction date and saying stop rate for 365 is 7%.... House please contribute if you have anything to.....

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 10:41am On May 20, 2016
aamgroup:

OK thanks...... Where would I see your chart?. .... And what do you think I should do as regards my banks saying next week is the auction date and saying stop rate for 365 is 7%.... House please contribute if you have anything to.....

Thanks

Which bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RichYoungRuler(m): 3:19pm On May 20, 2016
GTBank gave 7.8% p.a for 90 days and gave 7.5% p.a for the previous auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2016
Hello House! Pls, which of these Banks( FBN, Diamond, Access, GTB) has individual stop rate option. Now that Banks can't even predict Tbills rate anymore, I feel it'll be better to choose ones rate. I'm looking @ 13.5% for june 1st auction. If it doesn't enter, I'll knw I will bid @ the nxt auction rather than getting awful rate from Banks(FBN). Imagine 10.83% for a rate of 12.48% see the difference!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aamgroup: 4:51pm On May 20, 2016
IHelp:

Which bank?

Diamond and gtbank ile ife
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alphafemale: 7:52pm On May 20, 2016
Sterling bank gave me 8% for 91 days. Last auction was 7.8.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 8:29pm On May 20, 2016
aamgroup:

Diamond and gtbank ile ife

Please re confirm the duration. It is either not T bills or not for 364days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aamgroup: 9:51pm On May 20, 2016
IHelp:

Please re confirm the duration. It is either not T bills or not for 364days.

OK..... I will reconfirm.
Thanks for your time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abmart80: 6:16pm On May 22, 2016
@ feelamong, please kindly send me more info on how to be making this kind of investment as I have some fund to invest and am scared of investing in any business in Nigeria which I will not be able to personally monitor. You can please send me info into my mail hsemartins@gmail.com

PS: I will be urgently looking for your mail.

Thanks in advance
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lanruma001: 4:59pm On May 23, 2016
House, quick question, is T bills still a good investment despite the current situation in the country? recession and all...the economy is in bad shape
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:29pm On May 23, 2016
lanruma001:
House, quick question, is T bills still a good investment despite the current situation in the country? recession and all...the economy is in bad shape
Its not the first time nigeria has been in recession although we are not yet in recession but we are at risk of it. To the best of my knowledge, Nigeria has never ever defaulted in treasury bills payment despite going through recession. They can always increase taxes or borrow more to complement their shortfall. Remember our debt-GDP ratio is amongst the lowest in the world, so that stats gives the financial team the courage to even borrow more. Fear not! T.bills is safer than fixed deposit unlike Certain banks that have defaulted in times past

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:40pm On May 23, 2016
When I do my usual comparisms with first bank money market & treasury bills. I ask myself why fbn mmf mangers are not taking advantage of the rising t.bills rate. From the pics I'll upload, you'll find out despite rising rates of t.bills , first bank money market monthly yield isn't keeping up. Their fundsize is shrinking meaning Investors are pulling out funds , so they need to do improve their yields to excite back investors yet they still play meagre in the T.bills market & concerntrating in the already fallen F.deposits. I just weak!!!
As for those predicting high rates for the next t.bills. Judging by the pattern in april & may, it seems the rates for 91days & 182days will be almost the same as that of May19. Only the 364days will leap further. Its my speculation anyways. Although this yet to be concluded MPC meeting will give better insight

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 4:09am On May 24, 2016
I guess the next auction will have low yields because of the recession data; the CBN will probably lower interest rates in response to that data.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GANDALF1(m): 5:54am On May 24, 2016
Seun:
I guess the next auction will have low yields because of the recession data; the CBN will probably lower interest rates in response to that data.

Not buying your guess bro. Nigeria operates a real interest rate model. This means that at every point in time, the MPR should be higher than the inflation rate in the country. Official sources currently put our inflation rate at 13.78% but in reality, its higher than 20%. This MPR dictates the market rate and will definitely go higher by today's evening hence expect even higher rates in coming weeks.

My prediction of today's MPC outcome;

1. MPR increment from 12% to 14% with a wide band of up to 1000 basis points

2. CRR hike to 50% for both public and private sector funds,

3, Liquidity ratio index of 20%, and

4. Devaluation of the Naira to between 240 and 285. ( or creation of an alternative forex window that allows for two way quotes)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Truth234(m): 11:30am On May 24, 2016
GANDALF1:

Not buying your guess bro. Nigeria operates a real interest rate model. This means that at every point in time, the MPR should be higher than the inflation rate in the country. Official sources currently put our inflation rate at 13.78% but in reality, its higher than 20%. This MPR dictates the market rate and will definitely go higher by today's evening hence expect even higher rates in coming weeks.

My prediction of today's MPC outcome;

1. MPR increment from 12% to 14% with a wide band of up to 1000 basis points

2. CRR hike to 50% for both public and private sector funds,

3, Liquidity ratio index of 20%, and

4. Devaluation of the Naira to between 240 and 285. ( or creation of an alternative forex window that allows for two way quotes)

MPR has already been increased to 12%, anything other than unchanged today is bad for the economy. I am even leaning more towards unchanged or a return to 11%, 14% is not feasible.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uchefrancis16(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2016
Hello house am new to TBills and have been going through the pages of this thread. Now my question is which banks has the best rates for TBills and at what rate?

Warming up for that of 1st June.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.