Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427914 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
Uchefrancis16:
Hello I went to zenith bank, and they refused to give me the rates. Saying the bank will do the bargaining on our behalve and get the best rate for the T.bills. So after pressuring them for a while,they said the that of 90d should be around 8+, 182d shouldn't be more than 9.+ and finally 364d goes at 11.+

So I filled the form, and they insisted the minimum I could place is 1mil. I mean am willing to but thought T.Bills is from 100k up?

And now that the rates seem to be going up, I suspect they will still insist on that rate. Which other bank will you guys recommend? If possible, one that I get to make my own bid. Can't trust zenith with this their fishy style and since I've been reading this thread, surprising am still to see a soul that bought from them. Is there a reason you guys are running from them?

Make una no mind my questions oh... Just help a brother.

Just walk into any STANBIC IBTC bank,,,and tell them you want to invest in NTB...they will give you a form, in that form, you will select if you want to go with the bank rate or you want to bid for yourself....choose anyone you want...

Don't forget you must have valid account number with the bank before you invest NTB with them

Hope this will help you....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
ukay2:

Just walk into any STANBIC IBTC bank,,,and tell them you want to invest in NTB...they will give you a form, in that form, you will select if you want to go with the bank rate or you want to bid for yourself....choose anyone you want...

Don't forget you must have valid account number with the bank before you invest NTB with them

Stanbic is crazy...placed a bid @ 8% for 1.2m. got debit alert of 303,330k

Asked the guy....trying to explain some out of book sht.....got me very angry.

its suppose to be my first successful bid with them....they really messed up.....hoping to take d balance to gtbank for a try.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ryder306:

Stanbic is crazy...placed a bid @ 8% for 1.2m. got debit alert of 303,330k

Asked the guy....trying to explain some out of book sht.....got me very angry.

its suppose to be my first successful bid with them....they really messed up.....hoping to take d balance to gtbank for a try.

Nawaooo...l never had this terrible experience with them...it has been cool banking with them...hence my recommendations... Call their lagos customer care centre and demand detail explanation of what happened...

Hope to hear from you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2016
ukay2:

Yes STANBIC is cool, I use them. Their minimum is 100k and they allow you choose your rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukwuwike2ny(m): 9:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
ukay2:

Nawaooo...l never had this terrible experience with them...it has been cool banking with them...hence my recommendations... Call their lagos customer care centre and demand detail explanation of what happened...

Hope to hear from you

Thanks bro.....i accept stanbic is cool, i once tried their fixed deposit last year when d rate was ard 9%......and most other banks were offering averagely 5-7 and they delivered although it was a different branch sha.
May be i will try again through another branch this week.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by folsec(m): 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
good day guys, can someone please enlighten me about this treasury bills am seeing. Am a newbie, knows nothing about it. Will appreciate if how its calculated, minimum investment capital and when and how frequent it occurs. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ryder306:

Thanks bro.....i accept stanbic is cool, i once tried their fixed deposit last year when d rate was ard 9%......and most other banks were offering averagely 5-7 and they delivered although it was a different branch sha.
May be i will try again through another branch this week.

OK..that may help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walexy14(m): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Are you tired of meager interest rates on your Treasury Bills ? Do you have excess cash which you do not need now saved up somewhere? Why not invest in the ROSABON TREASURY NOTE , ( RTN ), and watch your money multiply with ripple effect..... This plan is a flexible tenor-based placement that offers highly competitive interest rates for individuals and corporate groups. That’s not all; you also get to determine your deposit, the tenor of your investment plan and your form of payment. What’s better is that you can negotiate your desired interest rates on deposits above N1,000,000 . For more details CALL 08036450638 or www.rosabon-finance.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 11:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
munezo:

Yes STANBIC is cool, I use them. Their minimum is 100k and they allow you choose your rate.
I normally go with first bank rate...will I need to register with stanbic...what's their requirement?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 5:57am On Jun 29, 2016
who can predict the stop rate ...... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
Damolux01:
I normally go with first bank rate...will I need to register with stanbic...what's their requirement?

The only requirement is to have a bank account with Stanbic, because that is where they will debit the money for your bid.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CaptPlanet(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello house, trust you all are doing well..

Whats up with banks these days? They refuse to give out their Tbill rates and also discourage you from investing in it.

I was at a Diamond Bank today to make enquiries of their rates but I was surprised when fellow refused to tell me the rates after I told him I wanted to invest 200k. When I insisted, he said they only bid from 1m upwards, then he started selling their HIDA account to me for 3.5%. I dont get it.

Anyways, can anyone kindly tell me the rate for 200k for 90 days and the best bank to use?

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ferome: 11:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
pls guys,how do i go abt a secondary ntb offer and how much is the minimal to invest on secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by keylaz: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2016
treasury bills is good, tho the rate this days are poor. i have scheme that works better and cooler than treasury bills, u get 30% interest of ur spare money monthly. both capital and interest can be withdrawn. contact me on whatsapp 08037260895 for more details. its free

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrTour: 12:16am On Jul 01, 2016
What's the name of this your scam sorry scheme that works better and cooler than treasury bills?

keylaz:
treasury bills is good, tho the rate this days are poor. i have scheme that works better and cooler than treasury bills, u get 30% interest of ur spare money monthly. both capital and interest can be withdrawn. contact me on whatsapp 08037260895 for more details. its free

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teejay5(f): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
House pls what was the last bidding percentage?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrTour: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please advice on this for a situation whereby i place a bid with my Bank for 91 days TBills stating clearly a bid of 8% and CBN publish these results in the picture stating successful bid rates for 91days range between 6.0 to 8.1% (circled in red).

Does that mean my 8% bid was successful and my Bank automatically accepts the bid.
Thanks.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
MrTour:
Please advice on this for a situation whereby i place a bid with my Bank for 91 days TBills stating clearly a bid of 8% and CBN publish these results in the picture stating successful bid rates for 91days range between 6.0 to 8.1% (circled in red).

Does that mean my 8% bid was successful and my Bank automatically accepts the bid.
Thanks.

. . . Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
munezo:

The only requirement is to have a bank account with Stanbic, because that is where they will debit the money for your bid.
Thanks bro...I meant requirements to have a savings account with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dannywest01: 8:43am On Jul 03, 2016
Pls house when is the next auction date. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 6:27am On Jul 04, 2016
dannywest01:
Pls house when is the next auction date. Thanks
6th July.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2016
House, I recently introduced a brother to Tbills, he then asked if banks charges fine for termination of one's investment prior to maturity date. I told him I don't know since I haven't terminated any b4. Help with answers pls.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dannywest01: 8:19am On Jul 04, 2016
Damolux01:
6th July.
thank you. Lemme sharperly leave my instruction with my bank ASAP
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2016
Damolux01:
6th July.

Holiday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
IHelp:

Holiday?

does it matter?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2016
keylaz:

If this is not a scam .....

1. You will not be posting on any thread you smell money..It s on almost all the thread that seek business or investment solution.

2. If it's not a scam with amount of advert you have given it you would have gotten enough customers to stop marketing it considering when I started seeing your advert.

3. If this is not a scam you would have created its thread for it even though most scam and ponzi schemes do..people with discerning minds would have sort it out for them selves.

4.If this is not a scam we would have gotten genuine testimonial on people that have tried it and benefitted from it but I haven't seen none of them..

If you are the founder and the real owner please desist from it and if you are not..please do not let anybody to use in duping people in the way of Trim microfinance banks and the likes...Because those people would not see ur bosses but you the marketer and at the end you will be the one to be cursed ...

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:31am On Jul 05, 2016
Damolux01:
House, I recently introduced a brother to Tbills, he then asked if banks charges fine for termination of one's investment prior to maturity date. I told him I don't know since I haven't terminated any b4. Help with answers pls.

its a bit dicey ..once you invested and your account is debited most times your upfront/interest is left in your account... meaning they did not take that complete amount you were to invest from your account in the first so there is no way u can get complete money back.

The government which is the primary issue only remits money to you at the expiration of the contract so in most cases if you ask your bank to terminate before maturity it then means there are either the ones buying it back or maybe customers that missed the primary market and intend to buy in the secondary market that will buy it from you so in most cases they try to buy for a better bargain. Depending on the time you terminate it. If too early you it may be sold at a higher percentage to the buyer and you would loose some money.

from the experience of the little I have done bank charges for commission and VAT on commission and custody fees when buying but I believe when selling its the new buyer that will pay those.

Let more experienced house members come and explain more you may get better explanation..

@feelamong you attention is needed here...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2016
No one has asked what if the troubled skye bank liquidate today, How do treasury bill people get back there money?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Tritri:
No one has asked what if the troubled skye bank liquidate today, How do treasury bill people get back there money?

First, a TB is a government security. It is the government that owes the investor, not the bank.

Second, TBs purchased are kept with a custodian not the bank through which it was purchased. It's not a deposit liability.

Besides, CBN says Skye isn't in distress but that it's non performing loans have exceeded the maximum limit in addition to capital adequacy issues. Worst case scenario, they'll use a bridge bank to sort it out

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
Please was there Tbills primary auction yesterday 6/7/16?

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.