Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427272 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
ositadima1:

Let's do d math,
principal, P=5,000,000 assumed interest, I=15% add 200,000k yearly. for 20 years
200,000k is 200,000/5,000,000=0.04 of P
=5,000,000*(1+0.15+0.04)^20 =162,147,117.3
for 10 years
=5,000,000*(1+0.15+0.04)^10 =28,473,418.9
Freeman67 help ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lexit:
Hello everyone. I bought TB with Diamond Bank ON April 4 for 92 days. Please when should I expect them return my money?

At what rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by johnhack: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
Most people has been complaining that commenting here is not flexible for them... so we have decided to create a Watapp group.... join us in our Watapp group https:///KgQF3jWplEWATxR6Px5ueR
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplibaba(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
johnhack:
Most people has been complaining that commenting here is not flexible for them... so we have decided to create a Watapp group.... join us in our Watapp group https:///KgQF3jWplEWATxR6Px5ueR

Who are the most people? We are fine here pls....

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damrmd02(f): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
amjustme2:
GTBank is good. Go to your branch and as for a Personnel in charge of Treasury Bills/Bonds. Don't involve your account officer, for your own good.
You could go for primary Market Auction and on the form there in an option to roll over interest. Its possible to get 17.6% or slightly higher with GTBank.

You can return to this thread and share your experience or ask further question.

As a humble suggestion, don't expose your portfolio on Nairaland, you could be targeted. , edit your post and take out the amount.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gazelle22: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
Firstbank just sent me a mail notifying of the success of my Primary Market bill with them at 18.4% for 364 days.

Share your experience on today's just concluded primary market rate. What was the rate from your bank or securities brokerage house?

Good evening Nigerian time!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
johnhack:

Who are the people complaining? What is your pedigree on this thread? What are your contributions to this thread? Who authorised you to start a purported whatsapp group on behalf of members of this thread?

Guys please beware of this guy and his whatsapp group.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
Gazelle22:
Firstbank just sent me a mail notifying of the success of my Primary Market bill with them at 18.4% for 364 days.

Share your experience on today's just concluded primary market rate. What was the rate from your bank or securities brokerage house?

My First Bank branch does not allow those of us who have less than N50 million to buy in the primary market. We only buy in the secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
Gazelle22:

Same with me. When will they credit us?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

My First Bank branch does not allow those of us who have less than N50 million to buy in the primary market. We only buy in the secondary market.
I'm not sure there's primary market anymore. We actually got a rollover from the 365 days we did last year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
Damolux01:
I'm not sure there's primary market anymore. We actually got a rollover from the 365 days we did last year.

Okay.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplibaba(m): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
Gazelle22:

Pls when were u debited? I was debited since Monday and til now i have not seen there mail neither have i seen any upfront interest from them...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
Since the mini to buy TB through the bank is now 50M, how do one buy through the secondary market?

PS - I am new to this TB investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vazsily(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
simplibaba:

Who are the most people? We are fine here pls....

My brother you answer him very well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplibaba(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
dyonpoint:
Since the mini to buy TB through the bank is now 50M, how do one buy through the secondary market?

PS - I am new to this TB investment.

Dont conclude yet cos we have not heard from people using other banks... Me still waiting for my own fb mail sha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
Please what's the trick in applying early so that the tbills don't get mobbed up before one gets it. (Forgive my layman terms), because from comments I have been reading, some people say thebtbills have been exhausted before they could even apply
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 12:57am On Jul 06, 2017
simplibaba:

Dont conclude yet cos we have not heard from people using other banks... Me still waiting for my own fb mail sha

Okay........ please i would love more info on this please cos i read online and also from the chat i had with GTB customer care that the min is 50M now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 1:46am On Jul 06, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Same with my branch. The guy said that I can walk in anyday and buy from the secondary market. No need for the bi-monthly bid

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 1:47am On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=damrmd02 post=58158414][/quote] Please explain why we shouldn't involve our Accounting Officer ?.. please explain....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Please explain why we shouldn't involve our Accounting Officer ?..
please explain....

Your account officer is never happy that you are going to do NTB with your money in the account. He will rather prefer that you put it in a fixed deposit or savings account which will be to his credit with the management as they are always given monthly targets so that the bank can have your money to trade with ( even in the NTB that they would prefer you not to go for-Selfish reasons) and give you peanuts as interests.

Going for NTB moves the money away from their reach and what they'll get is the insignificant commissions from the transaction

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 8:38am On Jul 06, 2017
afroxyz:
Please what's the trick in applying early so that the tbills don't get mobbed up before one gets it. (Forgive my layman terms), because from comments I have been reading, some people say thebtbills have been exhausted before they could even apply

Endeavor to apply to earlier enough more especially on the Friday before the next auction week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hiscules: 9:30am On Jul 06, 2017
Hello House,

I will like to know the difference between buying Tbills through investment houses e.g GTbank's investment one and buying direct from a bank. What are the pros and cons of each?

I am new to this TBills thing but really need to make informed decisions in this regard

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2017
johnhack:

Who are you?. Whatsapp group ko, Whatsapp group ni.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2017
I bought this Tbills from First Bank this morning in the secondary market for 182 days at 17%, I've been debited but I've not seen my interest credited into my account. I thought i will be credited with the interest almost immediately when my account is debited.
Gurus in the house, please i need answers. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2017
vitality22:
I bought this Tbills from First Bank this morning in the secondary market for 182 days at 17%, I've been debited but I've not seen my interest credited into my account. I thought i will be credited with the interest almost immediately when my account is debited.
Gurus in the house, please i need answers. Thanks

Could you please share with we the new bees how you buy the Tbill from secondary market through FBN.

PS: if any one have idea on how to buy from secondary market through GTB please share with us too

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:

Could you please share with we the new bees how you buy the Tbill from secondary market through FBN.

PS: if any one have idea on how to buy from secondary market through GTB please share with us too

Thanks

Walk into any First Bank branch or Gtbank branch. Confidently meet the customer care or anyone incharge of Treasury bills in the branch. Ask them for the available offers in the secondary market for the day. Check the offers they have on ground and choose the one suitable for you. It is very simple.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 06, 2017
Please hw do i go about buying tbills in the secondary market from forstbank and what are the rates.
What are d risks involved too..
Would appreciate if i get response in time so i can make the decision. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2017
Zeiya:

Walk into any First Bank branch or Gtbank branch. Confidently meet the customer care or anyone incharge of Treasury bills in the branch. Ask them for the available offers in the secondary market for the day. Check the offers they have on ground and choose the one suitable for you. It is very simple.
What are d risks involved?? They may not want to tell u because of their own gains.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2017
I missed the Primary Auction yesterday. I thought it will be next week.
Please anyone with information on the secondary markets of FBN and GTB should inform us
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Fm4real06:

What are d risks involved?? They may not want to tell u because of their own gains.

There are no risk. You will have to write an instruction letter or fill out a form, which will be signed by you.

Yes some selfish or ignorant staff may not tell you especially if they know you are new to Tbills, that's why I said you should be confident, when they see you know how it goes, they will open up or you try another branch.
I use Gtb and First Bank and they usually have staff in charge of Tbills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
Go to the bank.
Ask for a personnel in charge of TreasuryBills/Bonds.
Explicitly inform the person you want to subscribe for Secondary Market. Ask for Tenors and Rates available. Tell the person how much you want to invest.
Fill the form. off you go.
Treasury Bill is Risk free. The money goes to CBN, the bank is just a channel.

Fm4real06:
Please hw do i go about buying tbills in the secondary market from forstbank and what are the rates.
What are d risks involved too..
Would appreciate if i get response in time so i can make the decision. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dozi05(m): 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please has anyone been credited by first bank for the last tbills bid

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: easysunny(m), talk2tonie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.