Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426816 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Liljel: 2:04pm On May 25, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Liljel: 2:05pm On May 25, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Thanks.....but how's the interest calculated..?using 10m for example at an interest rate of 15%.
what are the taxes like compared to TB.?

I got block trying to post the workings here. find it below in the image

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:47pm On May 25, 2018
Liljel:

I got block trying to post the workings here. find it below in the image
Thanks very much......I will visit my branch next week Monday to see if there's any way out on secondary market below 50m on bonds..!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:48pm On May 25, 2018
awesomeJ:

T- bills and bonds are tax free till 2021. Hopefully, the waiver will get extended beyond then.
wow...thanks....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:49pm On May 25, 2018
confluence:
That should be #750k biannual, making it#1.5M for one year,
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michael03: 7:02pm On May 25, 2018
Gud evein all pls I nid to kno how interest rate in secondary market is bn calculated,is it d same way with pry market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:15pm On May 25, 2018
michael03:
Gud evein all pls I nid to kno how interest rate in secondary market is bn calculated,is it d same way with pry market?

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by beyolah: 9:03pm On May 25, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Thanks very much......I will visit my branch next week Monday to see if there's any way out on secondary market below 50m on bonds..!!!

Can you please give feedback here when you do?
OR
Should we open a thread for FGN Bonds?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:35pm On May 25, 2018
beyolah:

Can you please give feedback here when you do?
OR
Should we open a thread for FGN Bonds?
Yes,i will this coming week......I will post it here..
But remember,this thread is Mainly for Treasury bills.....Opening a thread for FGN Bonds would be preferable so that we won't derail this thread with Bond analysis...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by beyolah: 10:18pm On May 25, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Yes,i will on this coming week......I will post it here..
But remember,this thread is Mainly for Treasury bills.....Opening a thread for FGN Bonds would be preferable so that we won't derail this thread with Bond analysis...

Done!
https://www.nairaland.com/4524641/investing-fgn-bonds#67883603

cc
confluence
awesomeJ
Liljel
ahiboilandgas
ImperialCovfefe
spenca

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dells(m): 8:56am On May 26, 2018
Buffalowings3:
when will i have 1miilion in my account sad sad sad sad\?
Just keep your focus Sir, you'll definitely have more than enough in due time. Your best is yet to come

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damuseron(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:50am On May 26, 2018
Has anyone used this I-invest app. from sterling bank? Is it reliable? Is it easy for one to get his money back?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:39pm On May 26, 2018
Desanta:
Has anyone used this I-invest app. from sterling bank? Is it reliable? Is it easy for one to get his money back?

It's actually by parthians partners limited but in partnership with sterling. I have downloaded it on my phone and it looks very cool and easy to navigate but I am yet to try it with cash.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2018
freeman67:

It's actually by parthians partners limited but in partnership with sterling. I have downloaded it on my phone and it looks very cool and easy to navigate but I am yet to try it with cash.
OK. Thanks.

I've some money there. Just wanted to know how easy it is to redeem your money at maturity or whenever it's needed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2018
Desanta:

Pls expansiate.....whats it about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 4:41pm On May 26, 2018
zamirikpo:

Pls expansiate.....whats it about.

It's an app. After submitting your KYC documents your can buy TB and redeem your money through the app. The various tenor and rates are displayed on the app.
I however need for reviews from those who have used it before I can recommend it to anyone.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 12:53pm On May 27, 2018
A haulage company in Lagos required investors, 24%(spread within a year) on every investment per annum.

Better of any fixed deposit in any bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2018
Chekitaut:
A haulage company in Lagos required investors, 24%(spread within a year) on every investment per annum.

Better of any fixed deposit in any bank.

Hmmmmm... I did something related to that even with all the legal backing, my 7.5m is hanging in the thin air the case is in the court. if I had invested the money in stocks which I know very well, I would have being able to put 20m into tb instead of 10m I put. I knew stocks will crash in prices and since I have made profit I pulled it out into TB. I will go back when the prices are down and this what I will be doing going forward. my advice is people should not invest in what they don't know. for those who can take the risk, kudos and more money to your pockets

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2018
aremso:

Hmmmmm... I did something related to that even with all the legal backing, my 7.5m is hanging in the thin air the case is in the court. if I had invested the money in stocks which I know very well, I would have being able to put 20m into tb instead of 10m I put. I knew stocks will crash in prices and since I have made profit I pulled it out into TB. I will go back when the prices are down and this what I will be doing going forward. my advice is people should not invest in what they don't know. for those who can take the risk, kudos and more money to your pockets
After my bad experience from MMM n other online stuff once I hear the phrase " A company that offers this or that percentage" am no longer interested in that offer bro.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HenryThegreat1(m): 9:21pm On May 27, 2018
How much will Treasury Bill of 500k yield after 91 days and how can I buy it now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 27, 2018
Desanta:

It's an app. After submitting your KYC documents your can buy TB and redeem your money through the app. The various tenor and rates are displayed on the app.
I however need for reviews from those who have used it before I can recommend it to anyone.

How do I download the app
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 27, 2018
HenryThegreat1:
How much will Treasury Bill of 500k yield after 91 days and how can I buy it now.

it depends on the rate that you will get, rates varies. lets say you have 9% then you will get 11250 naira.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 9:58pm On May 27, 2018
aremso:

What happened you can explain more better, nevertheless i just imagine is it accident or theft or perhaps mismanagement. If you say with all legal documents then, you not at loose anyway. Sure you get your money back.

Its better of when payment is spread, to avoid short coming.

Risk is what people fear in as much haulage is concern, but risk can be put to the last minimal. If for example you investing N15m you have to get a reputable management company that is able to give you security to your fund. A year deal is mostly most preferred.

In haulage no security to your fund, do not invest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HenryThegreat1(m): 10:00pm On May 27, 2018
GODAKPAN:

it depends on the rate that you will get, rates varies. lets say you have 9% then you will get 11250 naira.
. 11250 for 91 days? is too small.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:04pm On May 27, 2018
HenryThegreat1:
No bank can give you up to that for 91days. Never
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:13pm On May 27, 2018
FIDELITY24:
After my bad experience from MMM n other online stuff once I hear the phrase " A company that offers this or that percentage" am no longer interested in that offer bro.
MMM was actually not into any business, i was not a victim because i try so much to find out business they are into that will provide the said interest. invest into what you can see not what you can not feel or touch.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HenryThegreat1(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2018
Chekitaut:
No bank can give you up to that for 91days. Never
. 500k?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:19pm On May 27, 2018
HenryThegreat1:
. 500k?
Never under the sun. Nigeria Banks...?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:21pm On May 27, 2018
HenryThegreat1:

rate*500/365*91 that is the calculation but u can approach your bank and tell them u want to invest in tb u can then know that rate they will give u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 27, 2018
HenryThegreat1:

simple interest is calc based on principle you brought in(ur capital), tenure u desire (time) and rate you get.

Now our primary sch formula for simple interest remains PRT.
Now you brought a small P and desires a small T and we are in a season of small R, you will definitely get a small S.I.

If you increase any of those parameters then your S.I. will increase.

Some you wi;ll understand more than me as you are in the right forum.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 11:12pm On May 27, 2018
GODAKPAN:

simple interest is calc based on principle you brought in(ur capital), tenure u desire (time) and rate you get.

Now our primary sch formula for simple interest remains PRT.
Now you brought a small P and desires a small T and we are in a season of small R, you will definitely get a small S.I.

If you increase any of those parameters then your S.I. will increase.

Some you wi;ll understand more than me as you are in the right forum.

factors that make the return on capital huge are

amount
rate
tenure

so potential tb investors should have this in mind

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.