Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427795 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
@yogun
i actually did KGIF some months back , i wanted to preserve my capital having sold some properties , so wanted where i could get yield of what the property was generating before i sold it, KGIF offers something similar pending when i will decide what to do with the money. i locked in for 1 year @ 12% on 10M. that is about 1.2m per year, this interest is usually paid in july and january of each year , your capital is guaranteed at the end of the tenure of fund, there is also a clause in their investment plan that says investors could get up to 35% more if the cbn MPR increase above 12% which i think the KGIF is referenced to. Expert in the house could provide more answers to that

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
@earnie4life, thanks for the call
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Treasure bills going down everyday.

By the time I move some finance to another platform like KGIF, they will remember to impose one policy to reduce interest rate.

I'm never lucky in this kind of things.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yogun(f): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
confluence: @yogun
i actually did KGIF some months back , i wanted to preserve my capital having sold some properties , so wanted where i could get yield of what the property was generating before i sold it, KGIF offers something similar pending when i will decide what to do with the money. i locked in for 1 year @ 12% on 10M. that is about 1.2m per year, this interest is usually paid in july and january of each year , your capital is guaranteed at the end of the tenure of fund, there is also a clause in their investment plan that says investors could get up to 35% more if the cbn MPR increase above 12% which i think the KGIF is referenced to. Expert in the house could provide more answers to that

@Confluence & Ernest, thanks for the time... This is quite insightful
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
confluence: @earnie4life, thanks for the call
your welcome
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Chillisauce: Treasure bills going down everyday.

By the time I move some finance to another platform like KGIF, they will remember to impose one policy to reduce interest rate.

that why you are encouraged to diversify your investments and always seek professional advice before investing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014

hehehe.. making money is not easy naa..

ok try think about those in Europe that earn only 1-2% on deposits

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
ernie4life:
that why you are encouraged to diversify your investments and always seek professional advice before investing

Not like it seems. I dont even trust the so called professionals. They are just after some their benefit.
feelamong:

I have some idle funds in USD, but really confuse so i left it for almost 1yr now. The 2% will be tax even.
if you Change to Naira, when its time to change back, you loose lots of funds.

might settle for the ones with low interest just to safe keep the money.

Does anyone know about standard chartered mutual funds? Sorry to derail.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2014

I think Bond is the only way out especially for investors that can invest for longer duration.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gistdutch: 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=frankyj][/quote]@Nitrogen which bank is that ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2014
feelamong:

...heard that!

Nigeria paying 9+% is actually a great deal still but they don't know.

Even in the best of economies, they were only paying 4%.

Ghana pays 23% but their currency has dropped 34% in the last six months.

Nigeria pays 10% with a relatively stable Naira since 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
angelo82:

I think Bond is the only way out especially for investors that can invest for longer duration.

You mean the federal government bond? I guess it's like 10yr period. I don't trust Nigerian government to last that long. Yes, I analyseriskvery well. And I'm always on point cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2014
coderXO:

...heard that!

Nigeria paying 9+% is actually a great deal still but they don't know.

Even in the best of economies, they were only paying 4%.

Ghana pays 23% but their currency has dropped 34% in the last six months.

Nigeria pays 10% with a relatively stable Naira since 2 years.

It's comment like this that make them reduce the rates. You think there is a stable rate, try converting your money back to foreign currency, everything vanishes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Chillisauce:

You mean the federal government bond? I guess it's like 10yr period. I don't trust Nigerian government to last that long. Yes, I analyseriskvery well. And I'm always on point cheesy

Yeah I mean FGN Bond and they have 3,5,7 and 10 years series of Bond and the rates are good too but even at that before you can get involve in any Bond you must wait until after 2015 election to see how stable the government is…..You don't have to fear because money to pay the bond is always included in the budget and backed by law….Its good to be very careful when you are going to invest your money,so you need to scrutinize everything very well.Can you believe that I was offered 12.5% by Investment One but I don't feel good with it and I went for 10% with a bank that I am very familiar with….So risk is a serious factor to consider in anything but FGN Bond is secure but the political factor is the problem for investors right now….

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
angelo82:

Yeah I mean FGN Bond and they have 3,5,7 and 10 years series of Bond and the rates are good too but even at that before you can get involve in any Bond you must wait until after 2015 election to see how stable the government is…..You don't have to fear because money to pay the bond is always included in the budget and backed by law….Its good to be very careful when you are going to invest your money,so you need to scrutinize everything very well.Can you believe that I was offered 12.5% by Investment One but I don't feel good with it and I went for 10% with a bank that I am very familiar with….So risk is a serious factor to consider in anything but FGN Bond is secure but the political factor is the problem for investors right now….

Aptly put .In a situation Where you are trying to gain extra 2% profit you now loose the whole money. And they were laughing at me for getting worked up on 2015.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gabscity(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
angelo82:

thats y i dont wanna do dia KGIF with my tashere hard earned money. assuring me 12% when we all knw rates fluctuate. i dnt want that ooo.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
gabscity:

thats y i dont wanna do dia KGIF with my tashere hard earned money. assuring me 12% when we all knw rates fluctuate. i dnt want that ooo.

Even though the KGIF rate is attractive,I still believe is for investors with little capital because its no brainer to move fund from a bank into mutual fund like KGIF….Investors with 10M and above should invest more in fixed income products that is well regulated and backed by government….I believe the rate is going up soon because inflation is going up again and the cbn is worried….

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/stanchart-expects-naira-weakness-to-spark-repricing-of-t-bill-rates/#.VBHV3EuwiqQ
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
pls house when is the next T-bills Auction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
lancee: pls house when is the next T-bills Auction

On the 17th.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bamz:

On the 17th.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
I see rates going up this time. Lemme check, am coming.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ernie4life , i receive a notification that you send me a mail , please i would like the talking here but if you insist try and send it to my new mail @feelamong , i need your presence or any other person cuz i culd see that you open this thread .

@ernie4life , please i jus change my email address
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pappilo(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
nitrogen: I see rates going up this time. Lemme check, am coming.

You just do anu ma bia since.

Biko bia neba kita kita
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ernie4life , please i just change my email address

Any available info ,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by INFOTECH2: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2014
angelo82:

Why where you not feeling good about the investment one offer? Was it just gut feeling or do they have some sort of bad record?

Need to know cos I do most of my transactions with them.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2014
INFOTECH2:

Why where you not feeling good about the investment one offer? Was it just gut feeling or do they have some sort of bad record?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2014
@ernie4life , hav repiled your mail and hav not been able to get any info . Please any other assitance abt who i can always cal to knw when to invest and what to start with
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
INFOTECH2:

Thanks

I seriously don't know much about them……
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
angelo82:

I seriously don't know much about them……

Plz can you help me out abt Knowin more abt Tb nd how i can always knw when to invest cuz i want to start wit 400k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Godside:

Plz can you help me out abt Knowin more abt Tb nd how i can always knw when to invest cuz i want to start wit 400k

The best thing for you is to read from the beginning of this tread until the last page…..You will learn a lot within short time and then you can ask questions if there is anything that needs clarity…..

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m), ositadima1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.