Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426590 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 4:39am On Sep 27, 2014
angelo82:

I find your piece very interesting and logically it apply to land situation in Nigeria but sometimes we need to draw ideas from real life experience more than from speculation……You have to know that even if you have complete papers of landed properties in Nigeria you may not get the expected return… .... ….My experience….

None of it is speculation. Quite real!

This is why I said if he is looking on the short term to go with tBills, because you can't quite "flip" land/property that fast.
I importantly noted @petikal said he was interested in buying land and flipping it in what I would consider "short" term.
If on the other hand he has a " longer outlook", and does not require much liquidity- land all the way.

We should diversify our portfolios all the same. However, the weight of your investment in each type depends on your investment goals.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pluslargent(m): 6:05am On Sep 27, 2014
can somone in the house shed more light on thos kgif giving 12%?and hoe secured is it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 6:21am On Sep 27, 2014
Pluslargent: can somone in the house shed more light on thos kgif giving 12%?and hoe secured is it?
discussing kgif means derailing the thread so I will be brief,
minimum investment in kgif is 50k

interest rate is 12% pa
no withholding tttax.

Kgif is a Mutual FFund.

the custodian is stanbic ibtc, first registrars are the fund registrars and its now managed by Investment One, so your funds are quite ssafe.

back to real estate vs tbills, tbills are more flexible and secured
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2014
Chillisauce: Real estate in renting works better if you build cheap houses for low income earners . For mid and high income, it will take you yrs to make a profit . You might even be dead and one sibling takes over the whole thing. cheesy
Really, Chili?
From my own experience, the opposite is the case. I think location is a determining factor. I can't imagine after all the sand filing before building proper in a place like Lekki then building for low income earners.

Boils down to location, IMO.

3 bed flat goes for a minimum of 2.5M per annum in Lekki ,while 500K or thereabouts would get you something similar in places like Ikorodu, Egbeda etc.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 27, 2014
ifyalways:
Really, Chili?
From my own experience, the opposite is the case. I think location is a determining factor. I can't imagine after all the sand filing before building proper in a place like Lekki then building for low income earners.

Boils down to location, IMO.

3 bed flat goes for a minimum of 2.5M per annum in Lekki ,while 500K or thereabouts would get you something similar in places like Ikorodu, Egbeda etc.

I understand you, but the high income earners are scarce oh. After spending money on plot of land at about 10-20million, sand filling, construction etc the money on tat place will take about 50M if not above to finish a well furnished apartment.

Now looking at the quantity, you have about 70% of low income earners , get some plots with that 1plot money for lekki, build cheap flats of single rooms and 1bedroom flats, the renting goes about 60k a 150k( depends on location too), before you say Jack, your tenants are complete. 5 yrs sef you have gotten your money back.

I would consider building for high income earners if I will stay there when I retire or if I'm a big politician trying to hide money fast fast cheesy. Since I'm just a simple hustler, I will focus on the low income people and take the small money when them get for comfort. It's just business.

I will also make sure to invest in maybe 2 soldiers for those stubborn tenants that would refuse to pay or move out after the expiration of their contract.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2014
Chillisauce:
I understand you, but the high income earners are scarce oh. After spending money on plot of land at about 10-20million, sand filling, construction etc the money on tat place will take about 50M if not above to finish a well furnished apartment.
Now looking at the quantity, you have about 70% of low income earners , get some plots with that 1plot money for lekki, build cheap flats of single rooms and 1bedroom flats, the renting goes about 60k a 150k( depends on location too), before you say Jack, your tenants are complete. 5 yrs sef you have gotten your money back.
I would consider building for high income earners if I will stay there when I retire or if I'm a big politician trying to hide money fast fast cheesy. Since I'm just a simple hustler, I will focus on the low income people and take the small money when them get for comfort. It's just business.
I will also make sure to invest in maybe 2 soldiers for those stubborn tenants that would refuse to pay or move out after the expiration of their contract.
You are absolutely right and this is something i've never actually thought of.

Why own 1 house in Lekki when u can with same or less sweat, own 3? Hmmmn
Spread out, enlarge your tents. Less loss if something goes wrong ( fire accident, government land acquisition wahala)
Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
I found out UBA Capital has different products that gives good return too….If you have invested in any of their products,kindly comment….

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FruitfulSparkles(f): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Tanx evryone 4 sharing. Though I might invest next yr if nt earlier in T,bills plz Whats KGIF?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 7:24am On Sep 29, 2014
KGIF = Kakawa Guaranteed Income Fund

you have a minimum guaranteed return on your money/annum (CBN's MRR) and there could be an upside

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pluslargent(m): 3:24am On Sep 30, 2014
whats the up side?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 30, 2014
walcolm: KGIF = Kakawa Guaranteed Income Fund

you have a minimum guaranteed return on your money/annum (CBN's MRR) and there could be an upside

What's the minimum guaranteed return on this like?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2014
2ndOGA:

What's the minimum guaranteed return on this like?

12% of what ever you invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2014
I apologize for asking this out-of-trend question, does anybody have any info on First bank's Money Market Mutual Fund? how secure it is, when is returns paid? etc. I already bank with FB and I thinking of trying it out. Has anyone tried it out before, what was your experience?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2014
sammily: I apologize for asking this out-of-trend question, does anybody have any info on First bank's Money Market Mutual Fund? how secure it is, when is returns paid? etc. I already bank with FB and I thinking of trying it out. Has anyone tried it out before, what was your experience?

go to the thread opened on mutual funds and ask your question, I think somebody there has invested in it b4
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
ernie4life:

go to the thread opened on mutual funds and ask your question, I think somebody there has invested in it b4

But if na kgif you will answer on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
coderXO:

But if na kgif you will answer on this thread
Yea because I know how it works very well, I can't answer what am not sure.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
ernie4life:

Didn't know that there is a trend on MF. Thanks anyway.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mpeace(m): 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
Each time I hear about kgif on this thread, I just remember my money in one wonder bank in jos. Those people even came on tv to show their legitimacy. Na so I carry all de money wey I get plus money wey I borrow all totaling 1.1mil go put. And the whole thing is now history. I can't forget that moni.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
Mpeace: Each time I hear about kgif on this thread, I just remember my money in one wonder bank in jos. Those people even came on tv to show their legitimacy. Na so I carry all de money wey I get plus money wey I borrow all totaling 1.1mil go put. And the whole thing is now history. I can't forget that moni.

grin grin , u dey make me remember this wonder bank again wealth creation- the thing show me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
lancee:

grin grin , u dey make me remember this wonder bank again wealth creation- wetin my eyes see

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mpeace: Each time I hear about kgif on this thread, I just remember my money in one wonder bank in jos. Those people even came on tv to show their legitimacy. Na so I carry all de money wey I get plus money wey I borrow all totaling 1.1mil go put. And the whole thing is now history. I can't forget that moni.

cheesy

Kpele. That's the price to pay for some high investments. When dem go fold eh...na to carry your small money disappear

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy

Kpele. That's the price to pay for some high investments. When dem go fold eh...na to carry your small money disappear
lol

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FruitfulSparkles(f): 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Tanx.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ephi123(f): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2014
Please does anyone know what the current rates are for 91 and 182 days.
Thanks.

P.S. - I miss the days where I could just click on this link and see the latest rates on the last page from feelamong smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
pls house when is the next Auction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
lancee: pls house when is the next Auction
next week

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
ernie4life: next week

Next week, is that for real?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Bamz:

Next week, is that for real?

Yea Wednesday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kennycee(m): 12:21am On Oct 06, 2014
Please what is the rate for TBills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2014
Pls house can you confirm , Gt bank said here was no Auction yester until next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2014
just walked into my bank this morning and was able to buy 91days tbil at 9.5percent and this is my first investment in tbills i hope the account officer work on it cos my acct. Has nt been debited keeping my fingers crossed

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.