Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4425268 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2014
TB 100k minimum banks I know:

Diamond, Stanbic, UBA, First Bank.

You need to have an account (with) from which the funds will be debited.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
ControG:

My question, I want to buy treasury bills worth 120k... which bank sells treasury bill of that range ( my bank zenith.sells Min naof 1m)... can I use writ cheque I'm favour of d bank m buying it.? Can I send some1 2 process d stuff for me as I really do not have time to leave my office that's why it's difficult to check oda banks rates..thx in anticipation of ur response
visit first bank and pls do it yourself because the bank will not carry any transaction without your permission,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
obiak4:
let the rate keep moving up i bought 9.5 bt 11 is good moreover i would advice we divesify a bit to the money market
election is around the corner this guys r keeping raw cash at hand so my predictions are we are going to have rate going up up up up
to moop the excess notes my 2cents
smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2014
Hello house,please I would like to confirm if there was any auction on wed. 15th of oct. I left an instruction with my account officer in GT bank,150k for 182 days but he said there wasnt an auction this week that I would have to wait till next week. I had an unpleasant experience with my tbills with first bank hence my opting for GT. they do not give me rates at cbn stop rates.. Please,can someone recommend any other bank credible and reliable for Tbills than these two??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 9:30am On Oct 17, 2014
coderXO:
TB 100k minimum banks I know:

Diamond, Stanbic, UBA, First Bank.

You need to have an account (with) from which the funds will be debited.

GTB and Access too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 17, 2014
princeuk21:
visit first bank and pls do it yourself because the bank will not carry any transaction without your permission,

How do someone currently living outside the country buy treasury bills? Suppose I operate a first bank or GTB account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2014
sys007:

How do someone currently living outside the country buy treasury bills? Suppose I operate a first bank or GTB account.
you can contact their customer care via email to complete your transaction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
@nitrogen

we get yarn oooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
princeuk21:
you can contact their customer care via email to complete your transaction.

Thanks a bunch. Which one of the 3banks (GTB, First or Zenith Bank would you advise I use the buying of Tbills? I don't want any banker to tamper with my bank account(s).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
jaybee3:
@nitrogen

we get yarn oooo

Yes boss! Am loyal, off nairaland? It has always been gennitrogen@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ControG(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
princeuk21:

Thanks..u re right.. I will
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
careerwoman:
Hello house,please I would like to confirm if there was any auction on wed. 15th of oct. I left an instruction with my account officer in GT bank,150k for 182 days but he said there wasnt an auction this week that I would have to wait till next week. I had an unpleasant experience with my tbills with first bank hence my opting for GT. they do not give me rates at cbn stop rates.. Please,can someone recommend any other bank credible and reliable for Tbills than these two??
pls I need your help,guys..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
Pls which bank has tenor of 364 days? I left an instruction with my bank dbn, for the past 2 weeks now, but saying cbn only has bills for 91 & 182 days only.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zeelo2014: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2014
careerwoman:
Just stick with ur bank. Differences are not much, It's advisable u use the bank where ur money is.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2014
careerwoman:

pls I need your help,guys..

He was absolutely right. 22nd is the next auction.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
sys007:

Thanks a bunch. Which one of the 3banks (GTB, First or Zenith Bank would you advise I use the buying of Tbills? I don't want any banker to tamper with my bank account(s).
you can use first bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 12:05am On Oct 19, 2014
zeelo2014:

Just stick with ur bank. Differences are not much, It's advisable u use the bank where ur money is.
Thank you..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2014
DInkMan:

He was absolutely right. 22nd is the next auction.
Ok.. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 12:16am On Oct 19, 2014
zeelo2014:

Thank you..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ohkingdavid(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Good day All,

Please I received a proposal from one company over seas & would love to have ideas on how to handle this opportunity.

Kindly see ascert from the company's representative that sent me the proposal.

......We are currently looking for a consultant who can help us in penetrating into the Nigerian markets. We provide solutions to the stock brokers and stock exchanges in India and we would like to enter into the Nigerian Markets . Our target customers are stock exchanges, financial institutions and stock brokers who are into Capital Markets .

We would like to know the following information.

1. Potential Customers i.e. Brokers and Traders in Nigerian Stock Markets.

2. Vendors Information i.e. Competitors’ Analysis –Similar Products which are used in the Nigerian Markets ,its features ,price and the name of the clients which are using products.

3. Marketing Strategy- Understand the customers’ Problems and Requirements and their specific needs.

4. Internet/Digital Marketing and Brand Management Strategy

We request a proposal from you on the above mentioned requirements including the cost of the services you provide.

Thanks to you if you can assist me, direct me, link/connect me to people in this trade/business, or advise me.

you can reach me on: ohkingdavid2@ gmail.com.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
careerwoman:
diamond bank and u shd have an idea of d stop rate before going if not they will offer u some of thiers

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
DInkMan:
Pls which bank has tenor of 364 days? I left an instruction with my bank dbn, for the past 2 weeks now, but saying cbn only has bills for 91 & 182 days only.
yea diamond only hv 91 n 182 or so try gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
timothy001:
I need to terminate my fix deposit in few days but the maturity date is next month,Can someone tell me if i will still have the full interest or what step do i take to avoid the big charge
definately u wil be penalised ten percent deduction from your interest or more depending on ur bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
it depends on the bank and the days you have left.
The likes of GTB will just remove their VAT on your accrued interest for the number of days your money was fixed there but be sure not to request for interest on the remaining number of days left for you Fixed Deposit to complete.
Stanbic has its own format like some number of days attract 100%,75%,50%,25% and 0% penalties depending on how early you terminate against the original contract.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2014
obiak4:

Thanks. beside gtb, any other banks guys? i will make enquiry before moving my fund.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by icemann(m): 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
obiak4:

What is the rate (APR or normal rate)?
Is it compounded daily?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2014
icemann:

What is the rate (APR or normal rate)?
Is it compounded daily?
normal rate and it is usually per annum so if u r buy 91day it divided by 4 182days it divided by 2 so rate on tbills are per anum but it can be compounded if u do a roll over provide u give instruction to your bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by icemann(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
obiak4:

normal rate and it is usually per annum so if u r buy 91day it divided by 4 182days it divided by 2 so rate on tbills are per anum but it can be compounded if u do a roll over provide u give instruction to your bank
what Interest would 500k give me for 91, 182 and 364 days? And the rates ? Which banks Would you recomend?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obiak4(m): 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
petikal:
All rates are calculated annually. That is, divide 365 by the days you wish to invest; then divide the corresponding interest rate by the result.

1mil investment for 91 days at 9.95% rate:

Step 1: 365/91 = 4.01
Step 2: 9.95/4.01 = 2.48%
Step 3: 1mil * (2.48/100) = N24,800

For 182 days on 2mil at 10.3% rate:

Step 1: 365/182 = 2.00
Step 2: 10.3/2 = 5.15%
Step 3: 2mil * (5.15/100) = N103,000

hope u find this calculation easy and simple@iceman the rates flutuates bro so u can use this simple calculation to know what you wil get hope have been able to hel
my 2cent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by icemann(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
obiak4:

hope u find this calculation easy and simple@iceman the rates flutuates bro so u can use this simple calculation to know what you wil get hope have been able to hel
my 2cent

Thanks. I don't have a problem with the calculation. I know interest is compounded daily, weekly, monthly, biannual or annually. And the effective interest and rate of return is all I wanted to know. and do you know if banks have fixed deposit for $ account?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by petikal(m): 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
icemann:

Thanks. I don't have a problem with the calculation. I know interest is compounded daily, weekly, monthly, biannual or annually. And the effective interest and rate of return is all I wanted to know. and do you know if banks have fixed deposit for $ account?
Fixed deposits (FD) and TBills are quite different. See previous posts.

TBill's effective interest is purely based on your tenor, and there are 3 tenors. The rates increase slightly on longer tenors. Visit CBN website for recent tenor rates.

If you wish to compound your interest, then prior to the end of your tenor, you have to issue instructions in advance to your bank to roll over your capital plus interest - assuming the interest is significant. Some banks do multiples of N20,000, some above/below. So, if your interest is lower than your bank's acceptable multiple, then you have to either top it up or wait for another tenor.

As for FD's on $ account, GTB comes to mind. For a country as big as Nigeria, I'm sure you'll find other banks that do.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by icemann(m): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
petikal:

Fixed deposits (FD) and TBills are quite different. See previous posts.

TBill's effective interest is purely based on your tenor, and there are 3 tenors. The rates increase slightly on longer tenors. Visit CBN website for recent tenor rates.

If you wish to compound your interest, then prior to the end of your tenor, you have to issue instructions in advance to your bank to roll over your capital plus interest - assuming the interest is significant. Some banks do multiples of N20,000, some above/below. So, if your interest is lower than your bank's acceptable multiple, then you have to either top it up or wait for another tenor.

As for FD's on $ account, GTB comes to mind. For a country as big as Nigeria, I'm sure you'll find other banks that do.

Thanks brother. So which is a better deal for 6 months investment for $5000

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.