Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4383226 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2012
otokx: Imagine my accounts officer telling me his rate is 12% as of today, pretty baffling.

Maybe the guy was quoting the rate in the secondary market......ask him to bid for you in the primary market auction!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lynosil(m): 3:32am On Jun 28, 2012
Please can you give me a list of good nigeria discount homes for T bills subscription, and those companies with good internet presence. You can also email me the info at emeka.keks@gmail.com

I will really appreciate it.

I went to Zennith bank to enquire about Treasury bills stuff and they said i can only open saving account with one million naira,pls how true is it? is any bank that can take 100,000
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2012
Bro... All the banks and discount houses deal on TBILLS.the only problem is dat we have a lot of naïve and uninformed bankers. Send me a mailand I will introduce u to my accout officer.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
really naive and uniformed marketers; that is really what they are.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2012
feelamong: http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/bond-market/40198-cbn-plans-to-raise-n1345bn-in-t-bills

Nigeria plans to raise 134.56 billion naira ($827.27 million) in treasury bills ranging from 3-month to 1-year maturities at its regular bi-monthly debt auction on Wednesday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)said on Tuesday.

The bank said it will issue 21.84 billion naira in 91-day paper, 52.73 billion naira in 182-day bills and 60 billion in 364-day bills next week on June 28.

The federal government issues treasury bills regularly to reduce money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

Dealers said the release of May budget allocations to government agencies would spur demand for the paper, but yields are expected to be mixed.

The last Auction Stop Rtes are as follows:

91 days -------14.09%

182 days ------15.31%

365 days -------15.60%

Still doing well!

cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2012
feelamong: http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/bond-market/40198-cbn-plans-to-raise-n1345bn-in-t-bills

Nigeria plans to raise 134.56 billion naira ($827.27 million) in treasury bills ranging from 3-month to 1-year maturities at its regular bi-monthly debt auction on Wednesday, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)said on Tuesday.

The bank said it will issue 21.84 billion naira in 91-day paper, 52.73 billion naira in 182-day bills and 60 billion in 364-day bills next week on June 28.

The federal government issues treasury bills regularly to reduce money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

Dealers said the release of May budget allocations to government agencies would spur demand for the paper, but yields are expected to be mixed.

The last Auction Stop Rtes are as follows:

91 days -------14.09%

182 days ------15.31%

365 days -------15.60%

Still doing well! cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
These rates seem to vary with banks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:28am On Jul 04, 2012
otokx: These rates seem to vary with banks.

I think there is a need to clarify a few issues on the CBN STOP RATES Posted before..

(1) You might not be able to get these rates as an ordinary investor when you bid at the CBN auction.

(2) You are only allowed to make a bid for the TBills you want to purchase..for e.g I might bid for the purchase of 91 days at 13.5% and at the end of the auction the CBN stop rate might be 14%. All I will get will be at the rate at which I bidded which is 13.5% and not the CBN stop rate of 14%.

(3)If I bid outside the CBN stop rates then I am not alloted at that particular bid.

(4)Now the question is what rate do I bid for? This is my account officers always tell me not to be too greedy and also not to be too unambitious grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
Please when is the next auction and is there any calender for the auction dates? There is none on CBN's website.
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by moneyquest: 4:14am On Jul 05, 2012
feelamong:

I think there is a need to clarify a few issues on the CBN STOP RATES Posted before..

(1) You might not be able to get these rates as an ordinary investor when you bid at the CBN auction.

(2) You are only allowed to make a bid for the TBills you want to purchase..for e.g I might bid for the purchase of 91 days at 13.5% and at the end of the auction the CBN stop rate might be 14%. All I will get will be at the rate at which I bidded which is 13.5% and not the CBN stop rate of 14%.

(3)If I bid outside the CBN stop rates then I am not alloted at that particular bid.

(4)Now the question is what rate do I bid for? This is my account officers always tell me not to be too greedy and also not to be too unambitious grin

But I thought that the CBN will always be striving to have a lower stop rate(ie to pay a lower interest) while you, the customer, will be striving to get a higher rate (or bid).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2012
Desanta: Please when is the next auction and is there any calender for the auction dates? There is none on CBN's website.
Thanks

the next auction is on the 12th of July 2012. The calendar for Auction is actually on CBN web site... Just check once again

http://www.cenbank.org/OUT/2012/CIRCULARS/FMD/NTB%203RD%20QTR%20CALENDER0001.PDF
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:06am On Jul 05, 2012
moneyquest:

But I thought that the CBN will always be striving to have a lower stop rate(ie to pay a lower interest) while you, the customer, will be striving to get a higher rate (or bid).

Yea, that is exactly how it works!

That's why you have to be realistic in your bid price and moreover we all need to do our researches well so that you do not bid so low!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gtassure: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2012
Tb is one financial instrument, Insurance is another. It is very important to guard yourself against loss and illness disability etc Call me on for what u stand to benefit from investing in insurance!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8I45WM20120704

LAGOS, July 4 (Reuters) - Nigeria plans to auction 254.61 billion naira ($1.57 billion) in treasury bills with maturities ranging from three months to one year at its bi-monthly debt auction on July 12, the central bank said in a public notice on Wednesday.

The bank said it will sell 30 billion naira in 91-day paper, 159.21 billion naira in 182-day, and 65.40 billion naira in 364-day bills in a Dutch auction.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy, sells short-dated debt instruments bi-monthly to control money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity. ($1 = 162.6000 naira) (Reporting by Mayowa Oludare; Editing by Tim Cocks)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by onasharon(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
ZEBRA P430i SECURED IDENTITY CARD PRINTER

OVERVIEW
The Zebra P430i is part of Zebra’s most popular card printer family, which has tens of thousands of printers installed worldwide. Designed and built for demanding environments, the P430i delivers reliability and performance for high-volume card production. The P430i has the flexibility to meet your specific requirements through integrated networking and encoding options for contact and contactless smart cards, Gen 2 UHF, as well as magnetic stripe cards. Affordable and easy to use, the Zebra P430i is a leader in dual-sided performance card printers for customized employee and student ID, membership, loyalty and gift cards.

Benefits
• High volume card printing
• Built for reliability and durability
• Loads of options for application flexibility
• Zebra True Colours iSeries intelligent technology media
Ideal For
• Employee ID and access control cards
• Student and faculty ID cards
• Membership and loyalty cards
• Personalized gift cards
• Customized bank/ATM cards
Standard Features
• 16 character LCD operator display
• Windows drivers: Windows 7 and Vista (32/64 bit); 2000, XP and Server 2003 (32/bit)
• Innovative angled card feeder design reduces card jams
• 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) print resolution Print Method
Print speed
102 cards/hr (full color, dual-sided)
130 cards/hr (full color, single-sided)
Media Characteristics
Ribbons
• Zebra True Colours iSeries intelligent technology media
• YMCKOK: 170 images/roll
• YMCKO: 200 and 330 images/roll
• 1/2 Panel YMC Full KO: 450 images/roll
• KdO: 500 images/roll
• KrO: 500 images/roll
• Overlay varnishes: clear and hologram: 350 images/roll
• Monochrome ribbon: 1500 and 1000 images/roll

Thank you for your interest in Hadey Global Technologies Limited, a relationship you can always count on. CALL BAYO ON 08135586674. EMAIL. idprintersales@gmail.com

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
CBN TREASURY BILL STOP RATES FOR 12/07/2012

91 days - 13.75%

182 days - 14.88%

looks like the Foreign investors are back again as the rate plummets.. angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8ID5A620120713

LAGOS, July 13 (Reuters) - Nigeria sold 95.56 billion naira ($589.1 million) in three-month and six-month treasury bills, the central bank said on Friday, as strong demand pushed yields to their lowest level in seven weeks.

It sold 30.16 billion naira of 91-day paper at 13.75 percent at Wednesday's twice monthly auction, down from 14.09 percent last time, While the yield on 65.40 billion of the 182-day paper fell to 14.88 percent from 15.31 percent.

Total subscriptions were at 290.22 billion naira. Dealers said the pattern of demand suggested participation by offshore investors.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy after South Africa, issues treasury bills regularly to reduce the money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

($1 = 162.20 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Joe Brock, John Stonestreet)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wealthnet: 12:03am On Jul 14, 2012
Treasury Bill is one of good instrument CBN is using to control the liquidity and manage the economy.Get these fact on T/Bill as stated below:
*Issuer is the Federal Government through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
*Typically, Nigerian Treasury Bills are zero-risk and rediscount-able through licensed Money Market Dealers. The Rates are offered on a discount basis and are often referred to as risk-free rates.
* Primary Issue of 91 days and 182 days are offered bi-monthly, while 364 days bills are offered monthly.
* The investor earns upfront interest, hence, invests discounted value.
* They are used by CBN as an instrument for managing liquidity through the Open Market Operations (OMO).
* They are traded actively in the secondary market amongst Banks and Discount houses on an outright or repo basis.
* Liquidity Status: The Nigerian Treasury Bills qualify for liquidity ratio computation.
* It also has an active two-way quote secondary market which provides additional liquidity for all the primary auctions.
* Tenors are short and range from 91, 182 and 364 days.
* Institutions or individuals can borrow using Nigerian Treasury Bills as collateral.
* You can invest as low as N100,000.00 in the Nigerian Treasury Bills.
* Avenue to create wealth and above all at this time of economic crisis where some stocks in capital market can not guarantee ROI as prompt as possible, i think T/Bill is alternative. Invest wisely and remain blessed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Onoti9(m): 5:43am On Jul 17, 2012
I am interested in this treasury bills. How can individual invest in it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:53am On Jul 17, 2012
Onoti9: I am interested in this treasury bills. How can individual invest in it?

Just talk to your bankers...If they cannot assist you than give me a shout!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8IJ9RY20120719?feedType=RSS&feedName=nigeriaNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FAfricaNigeriaNews+(News+%2F+Africa+%2F+Nigeria+News)

LAGOS, July 19 (Reuters) - Nigeria plans to auction 154.9 billion naira ($962 mln) in treasury bils with maturities ranging from three months to one year at a twice monthly debt auction on July 26, the central bank said in a public notice.

The bank said it will sell 34.8 billion naira in 91-day paper and 60 billion naira each in 182-day and 364-day bills respectively in a Dutch, or reverse, auction.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy, sells short-dated debt instruments twice a month to control money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

($1 = 161.10 naira) (Reporting by Chijioke Ohuocha; Editing by John Stonestreet)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2012
CBN STOP RATES FOR THE LAST TBILLS AUCTION ON THE 25/07/2012

91 days -------13.94%

182 days ------14.94%

364 days ------14.96%

Rates still looking good!! smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nklove1: 11:55am On Jul 27, 2012
pls my good brother, i have already send mail to you on this treasury bill stuff. link me up pls. send the detail and the account officer you use. thanks,

Nneka
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
nk-love:
pls my good brother, i have already send mail to you on this treasury bill stuff. link me up pls. send the detail and the account officer you use. thanks,

Nneka

Nne..no nwa! I will respond to ur mail ASAP...meanwhile try resend again!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PistonRock: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
I believe that Nigeria's annually inflation rate is at 12.9percent as at june 2012.So if TB is offering us 14.5percent annually,then we stand to make 1.6percent as real profit which is a far cry from the 14.5percent paper pofit.TB is a form of cash equivalent.

An investment must guarantee capital and give a reasonable return.I believe there are valued businesses or good manager running valued businesses out there,let keep on searching.......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nineville(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2012
@feelamong. hi bruv, i mailed u on saturday, no rensponse. nl username id. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
nineville: @feelamong. hi bruv, i mailed u on saturday, no rensponse. nl username id. thanks

Ok Roger that!!

will get back to you ASAP!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
PistonRock: I believe that Nigeria's annually inflation rate is at 12.9percent as at june 2012.So if TB is offering us 14.5percent annually,then we stand to make 1.6percent as real profit which is a far cry from the 14.5percent paper pofit.TB is a form of cash equivalent.

An investment must guarantee capital and give a reasonable return.I believe there are valued businesses or good manager running valued businesses out there,let keep on searching.......

Well spoken bro!! every one should try make an above inflation return on one's free money or saved funds!! At the moment Tbills present the only Money Market Fixed income instrument which is Risk less and Tax less that one with a little money can also invest on to beat the inflation!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PistonRock: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
People are afraid of the stock market, but experience have taught me to be greedy when the market is fearful.As an intelligent investor who is looking for a long term position in wonderful businesses run by wonderful managers. This is the time to buy,buy,buy.

But rather than speculating the market, which no man has been able to achieve(even Isaac Newton), VALUE BUSINESSES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8J1C4220120801

LAGOS Aug 1 (Reuters) - Nigeria plans to auction 142.1 billion naira ($884 mln) in treasury bills with maturities ranging from three months to one year at a twice monthly debt auction next Wednesday, the central bank said in a public notice.

The bank said it will issue 32.05 billion naira in 91-day paper, 50 billion naira in 182-day bill and 60 billion in 364-day bill on Aug.8, in a Dutch, or reverse, auction.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy after South Africa, issues treasury bills regularly to reduce money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity.

T.bill yields rose marginally at last month's auction to 13.94 percent for the three month paper from 13.75 percent, after central bank tightened liquidity to boost a weaker naira currency, which has lost 3 percent since April. ($1 = 160.65 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Toby Chopra)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (2217) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.