Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4424137 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
i went to first nd i was not allow to place bid is d bank going to sell from secondary market.
Union bank ask me to write letter to bid.....am about to close my unionbank acc for these.
Is first bank TB branch depended or bank holder get desame rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
Why do you want to close your union bank account when they sincerely asked you to write a simple letter to bid by yourself.........Thats the most transparent way to invest in T.Bills..........Now its left for you to bid correctly........

htconeline:
i went to first nd i was not allow to place bid is d bank going to sell from secondary market.
Union bank ask me to write letter to bid.....am about to close my unionbank acc for these.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
htconeline:
Union bank is still one of the most ethical banks around... Just write the letter and see what they will do...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Damolaskynov:

@ nitrogen,thanks a billion for this information...at least,my account officer will not say that CBN did not offer 364 days tenor like they said last week
@ angelo82,this schedule was exactly what I was requesting for.I do not bother myself anymore with all those statistics prepared by ''professionals" that never comes to pass...moreover,I go with the bank's rate so I don't lose out (half bread is better than chin-chin sometimes) grin
lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
presiade:

Union bank is still one of the most ethical banks around... Just write the letter and see what they will do...
you can still try first bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
princeuk21:
you can still try first bank
Union is actually better... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
presiade:

Union is actually better... grin

Pls whats the minimum capital I can invest in treasury bill using Union bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
just2endowed:

Pls whats the minimum capital I can invest in treasury bill using Union bank
N100,000 is acceptable.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 11:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
presiade:

N100,000 is acceptable.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 10:25am On Mar 04, 2015
I got 13% for 177days , is it okay
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2015
I think is ok considering the tenure..........

Godside:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2015
Godside:

Very much okay.
Which bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2015
Desanta:

Very much okay.
Which bank?

Diamond bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 11:39am On Mar 04, 2015
Million deduct from my account around 3am on Tuesday still waiting for sms from bank hope I get like 14.00 for 182days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2015
GT for the very first time is messing with me, and I will be forced to do a secondary market bid (sighs) but not with them.

Sterling or Access?

Lovely people,
Which should I opt for?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
It's my first time so please bear with me. I applied to buy treasury bills from first bank two weeks ago and the amount was deducted from my savings account that day and I was told they would get back to me before last friday. I called the lady, sent texts but she didn't reply. So I went back to the bank first thing on monday morning, she says they would know how the bidding went by today and I should come tomorrow morning. My question is, what if I get there tomorrow and she starts posting me again? If I dont get this now and have to wait another two weeks, I would have lost a month in waiting. If it isn't successful, can I ask that my money be paid into my account immediately and go to another bank tomorrow? Please quote me when you reply.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
Current rates anyone?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kaptinphilz(m): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2015
I just dey wait oo any update yet for today's bid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
egopersonified:
It's my first time so please bear with me. I applied to buy treasury bills from first bank two weeks ago and the amount was deducted from my savings account that day and I was told they would get back to me before last friday. I called the lady, sent texts but she didn't reply. So I went back to the bank first thing on monday morning, she says they would know how the bidding went by today and I should come tomorrow morning. My question is, what if I get there tomorrow and she starts posting me again? If I dont get this now and have to wait another two weeks, I would have lost a month in waiting. If it isn't successful, can I ask that my money be paid into my account immediately and go to another bank tomorrow? Please quote me when you reply.

Let take it a step at a time , please how did you apply , did you write a letter to apply ? If yes , then i will advise u tel r to return ur moni to ur acct , while you try nd speak to the branch Manager abt it cuz i did my bidding 2day at Diamondbank nd i got the txt ds evenin, i hop ds little wil help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Godside:

Let take it a step at a time , please how did you apply , did you write a letter to apply ? If yes , then i will advise u tel r to return ur moni to ur acct , while you try nd speak to the branch Manager abt it cuz i did my bidding 2day at Diamondbank nd i got the txt ds evenin, i hop ds little wil help

Just called the first bank staff now, she says the bid date is today and was successful but it's still ongoing so I should hold on and she will call me tomorrow but I told her I would be at the bank first thing tomorrow morning. If the bid wasn't successful two weeks ago, why wasn't the money paid into my account then? I didn't write a letter just filled some forms. Please advice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
egopersonified:

Just called the first bank staff now, she says the bid date is today and was successful but it's still ongoing so I should hold on and she will call me tomorrow but I told her I would be at the bank first thing tomorrow morning. If the bid wasn't successful two weeks ago, why wasn't the money paid into my account then? I didn't write a letter just filled some forms. Please advice.

Since the bid is successful you will be notified tomorrow. Otherwise you should get your money back immediately if it was unsuccessful.

They are trading on your money.. See the manager and demand an apology and a promise that they will never hold on to your money again if the bid is unsuccessful..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
egopersonified:

Hmmm.....i dont no if this is how they run Tb at first bank . Visit the bank as planed bt wen get to the bank you dont need to speak any english with the lady at all , walk straight to the bank Managers office to make your complain. Am not sayin the lady is tryin to liar bt meet with the bank manager First
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Godside:

Hmmm.....i dont no if this is how they run Tb at first bank . Visit the bank as planed bt wen get to the bank you dont need to speak any english with the lady at all , walk straight to the bank Managers office to make your complain. Am not sayin the lady is tryin to liar bt meet with the bank manager First

Exactly my plan, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
Desanta:

They are trading on your money...

This is what I had concluded, I just hope I would be able to keep calm tomorrow, because I am really pissed off.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolaskynov: 9:05am On Mar 05, 2015
Good morning house
Any information on Central bank rates for this week's bid across all tenors? PLEASE publish here. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kaptinphilz(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2015
March 4 result from cbn site
91 days tenor=10.8%
182 days tenor=14.85%
364 days tennor=15.899%

I m still waiting for first bank notification. I don't know if thier bid is successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2015
Rates keep going up...........I am waiting for another T.Bill to mature today,so that I can lock that one in also for another 364days............The thing is if you don't invest your money with current tide of incessant devaluation,your money will definitely worth nothing in the long run.............So is smart to invest and get as much interest as possible and possibly when the economy is stable,you can reap further benefit with a valuable naira..........

kaptinphilz:
March 4 result from cbn site
91 days tenor=10.8%
182 days tenor=14.85%
364 days tennor=15.899%

I m still waiting for first bank notification. I don't know if thier bid is successful.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
Am not satisfy with firstbank been my first tym in TB.
So I went to the bank today, I told the lady at the desk that am yet to receive alart or sms after my money as been deduct from tueday morning. She said she as send my interest and it could be network since she's not the one sending the massage according to her.on my way going out I check my account and am still left with 0000.i was only giving certificate which she ask me to sign.
By the way I got 13.5 for 182 days tenor........which is still not ok by me.........
Pls what other bank allow you to place your bid .....
Cusss cbn issue 14.85 for 182 and I got 13.5 am not satisfy.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2015
htconeline:
So I went to the bank today, I told the lady at the desk that am yet to receive alart or sms after my money as been deduct from tueday morning. She said she as send my interest and it could be network since she's not the one sending the massage according to her.on my way going out I check my account and am still left with 0000.i was only giving certificate which she ask me to sign.
By the way I got 13.5 for 182 days tenor........which is still not ok by me.........

ask her if she got ur tb from the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
just2endowed:

ask her if she got ur tb from the secondary market

Most definitely OTC, Auctions take place on Wednesdays. The person in question was debited on Tuesday. That logic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Its very simple........Someone might be probably taking advantage of you knowing fully well that you are inexperience concerning T.Bills........Just mail the customer service of First Bank or call them and explain the whole situation.........Am sure they will sort things out for you........Express your situation/feelings just like you have done on Nairaland and everything will be alright............

htconeline:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godside: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2015
htconeline:

From my little OT i tink is beta 2go wit the bank rate so as nt to loss out . I dont no why all the banks do act like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.