Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426931 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 14, 2015
motherlode:

sorry but please why don't you post the return rate here too

And please does anyone have any information about WEMA BANK concerning treasury bills investment?

No offence , is that bank still alive?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 6:13pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

lol grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 7:09pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

Lol,

why do people always say no offence right before the offend you angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by motherlode: 10:25pm On May 14, 2015
Chillisauce:

I think they are half dead and half alive or let me say LIVING DEAD!
But do you have any information please? And why are you guys running from Wema Bank when they are not EBOLA?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2015
motherlode:

But do you have any information please? And why are you guys running from Wema Bank when they are not EBOLA?
if you value your money just go to the banks like First bank, GTB n so on. But you can always test the water for us with your fund.

Just an advice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:16am On May 15, 2015
motherlode:

if you value your money just go to banks like First bank, GTB n so on. But you can always test the water for us with your fund.

Just an advice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmamrs54: 10:53am On May 15, 2015
Pls when is the next bidding and what are the rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by motherlode: 8:19pm On May 15, 2015
princeuk21:
if you value your money just go to the banks like First bank, GTB n so on. But you can always test the water for us with your fund.

Just an advice.
. wink. Thanks, I went to a branch of first bank but the person in charge told me they are having some issues with the network. I don't know if it's the truth or it was part of the plan to discourage me but he took down my details........ I mean name & phone number

. thanks once again wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by saheed2532(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2015
LOOSE THAT WEIGHT This may not be important to you but it is to several of us who are so much concerned about our looks and know much on health related issues. Research has shown that has people grow fat and develop more weight on a daily basis, they are prone to some health challenges ranging from diabetes, breathing problem, infertility and irregular flow... LOSE THAT EXCESS WEIGHT IN 30 DAYS “If you have been trying to lose weight but cannot help these cravings for food" "or wondering What do celebrities use to lose fat so quickly?”, "My Fiancé would soon be back and I want to look trim and sexy.", "You have been wondering how to lose weight. Slimming teas and green teas have not worked" "Are you tired of all those weight loss tips that doesn't work?" "Since you have your baby you have not been able to shift the fat you gained" "Your growing pot belly is a serious challenge to your looking smart and good as a man or woman" The easy way to get of all these problems is out and you can buy T5 Fat burner slimming pills which is the strongest legal weight loss pills. All you need to do is take 1 tablet as soon as you wake up and it will curb your appetite, give you lots of energy and burn the fat off - Do not take late at night as you will have too much energy to sleep and don't take it if you are a pregnant woman. Very simple ! Get the T5 Fat burner slimming pills today and save yourself from accumulating excess fat which could lead to various health challenges. Get it here at the cheapest price here http://­ www.t5fatburners.com.ng/?t_id=SaheedUthman
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 11:45pm On May 15, 2015
For today 15/05/2015

89 days 10%

167days 12%

364days 12.30 %

Cut off time for reqs is 2pm as always.

Sorry this info came in late.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30am On May 16, 2015
mrkels:
For today 15/05/2015
89 days 10%
167days 12%
364days 12.30 %
Nawaooo! the rate is still falling
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 5:18am On May 16, 2015
mrkels:
For today 15/05/2015

89 days 10%

167days 12%

364days 12.30 %

I guess this is from secondary market, if so which bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2015
mrkels:
For today 15/05/2015

89 days 10%

167days 12%

364days 12.30 %

Pls wch bank is dis..?
Life hard oo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2015
--------
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 7:46am On May 17, 2015
htconeline:
I just receive call from unionbank that treasure bill will not be issue these week......house how true is these,this pipo have been playing with my gentleness.

That's not true. T Bills with over 20 different maturity dates and yields are issued every single working day. Go open an account with SCB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 7:50am On May 17, 2015
htconeline:
I just receive call from unionbank that treasure bill will not be issue these week......house how true is these,this pipo have been playing with my gentleness.

That's not true. T Bills with over 20 different maturity dates and yields are issued every single working day. Go open an account with SCB

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2015
Chudymario:
I appreciate the great investment gurus in the house. Please, I have a little question to ask. I filled a Tbills form with First Bank just a day after the last auction instructing them to debit my account for today's auction. The fund was debited two days later without receiving the interest upfront as expected (The alert specified it was for Tbills on a 91days tenor) . I assumed probably the fund needed to leave my account against the next bid. However, I called the officer in charge to verify the position of things, but he has not been picking my calls. I serve in a very rural area, thus it will take serious planning for a journey to visit the bank again. My question is :
1.) Is it right to deduct funds a week plus to the auction date?
2.) Am I not meant to receive my upfront interest today suppose my bid was placed today and it was successful?

It's very unethical for any Bank to debit your acct before the auction. That's a Bank defrauding and been unfair. The primary auction is always on Wednesday and settlement should be T + 1 i.e Trade date + 1 so debits should be passed on Thursdays cause results come late Wednesday's or early Thursday's . Also note that by Thursday u can also request to see the stop rates of the auction. Note that primary auction has 3 diff tenures. 91, 182 & 364. You have the right to know where the rate closed with. Again it's wrong for any financial institution to debit you before the auction. You should speak to ur acct officer or send a mail to their customer care unit.
About upfront interest t bills are discounted interest hence you should be debited less your principal and receive face value at maturity. I.e you should be debited less than your bid amount and credited the full bid amount at maturity. You may advise otherwise ie get the whole bid amount debited and receive face value + interests at maturity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2015
battleaxe:
Hello house,
Please, I need clarification on the bank charges for treasury bill primary auction purchase? Is it 0.125% of the principal or 0.125% of the yield (i.e. the interest)? What other fees are usually charge?

Also, is the charge the same for purchase from secondary market?

Are these fees different from bank to bank? I ask as my colleagues have all mentioned different charges from their banks.

Thanks.

By CBN regulations, Banks are to be charge 0.125% off the yield. No VAT, any thing apart from this is a fraud. These charges applies to both primary and secondary markets
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 8:30am On May 17, 2015
kennyzboy:

Hello guys there is a thread on FG bonds already;

https://www.nairaland.com/2236356/investing-federal-government-bonds-nigeria#32331830

1st of all, T bills are capital protected. Ie u can invest and go to sleep for the tenure and your principal plus interest is intact. Also t bills are short debt instruments ie they are not more than one year in tenure while bonds are not capital protected. They are longer tenure and they pay coupons semi annually. Note that there are diff kinds of bonds. That's another long story. But the most secured ones we have locally here are the FGN Bonds. Also with Bonds there is free entry and exit. But note that you get paid at par when you stay till maturity and these bonds are selling at a premium now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2015
ummitoagirl:
I may need to change my bank oh...This one that Ecobank dictates what % we can bid. It's ridiculous... for 91 days 8% is the max we are permitted to bid and for 182days, its only 11%...
I have become oloju ko koro...I enjoyed my 14.50% for 182 days I got the last time. I cant deal with this small %
Still thankful though.

Rates are falling. But 8% for primary auction. That's a rip off

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2015
-------
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 8:55am On May 17, 2015
seye4nii:
would like to know why those guy always insist that we should do fixed deposit same thing happen to me at first bank yesterday infarct
the guy told me that the interest rate deference is not much but i insist that i have some Guru bosses on nairaland that said t bill is better than Fixed deposit maybe they get commission for changing peoples mind?

An account officer will always discourage one form investing in Tbills. They bank needs your deposits. They need to grow their liabilities. So you have to insist you want T bills next time. I don't think they get commission from changing people's mind lol. However they get commissions from your deposits sitting in their books. that's their liabilities. They dont want the money moved from their books. They want to be staring at your money everyday either in FD or accounts deposits. And with FD they would even make more from you. But Bank must chop now. You can from time to time do small FD and and small T bills.

Note I work in that field and know wat account officers go through to meet their liability budget. It's not always good for them to lose these deposits but again these funds come back to their books after maturity naaa.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 9:57am On May 17, 2015
Dear NL'S there will be another Primary auction by Wednesday. 20/5/15 (its fortnitghly) make sure ur request gets to your respective financial institutions before COB Tuesday 19/5/15.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bluekapon(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2015
pipz:
Dear NL'S there will be another Primary auction by Wednesday. 20/5/15 (its fortnitghly) make sure ur request gets to your respective financial institutions before COB Tuesday 19/5/15.

Please, what are the expected rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 4:00pm On May 17, 2015
I remember in 2012, tb for 90days was as high as 20%. I was wow then. I saw it in cbn official website.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2015
Bluekapon:

I can't say for now. But I will post the last auction stop rates tomorrow. But I'm sure if you do 10% 91 days and 11.5% 182 days that should be a win rate. But note no one knows extactly where the rates will close at.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 4:02pm On May 17, 2015
Bluekapon:

I say for now. But I will post the last auction stop rates tomorrow. But I'm sure if you do 10% 91 days and 11.5% 182 days that should be a win rate. But note no one knows extactly where the rates will close at.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by battleaxe: 5:48am On May 18, 2015
@pipz

So if I invest say 1million at 10% for 364 days, which gives me interest of about 100k(actual interest is 99.7k), what would the bank charge be?

0.125% of 100k = 125 naira Or 0.125% of 1million =1,250 naira?

I need to clarify if yield means interest. Please give your insider tips.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2015
T bills available as at 18/05/2015

Tenure Maturity Date Rate

87days 13/08/2015 10%

164days 29/10/2015 12%

339days 21/04/2016 12.30%

All rates are indicative, subject to form confirmation prior conclusion of any deal.

Pm for more details / deal. Last time I dropped my email here I got all sorts of mails from people who crawl websites and steal email addys for adverts.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 9:37am On May 18, 2015
battleaxe:
@pipz

So if I invest say 1million at 10% for 364 days, which gives me interest of about 100k(actual interest is 99.7k), what would the bank charge be?

0.125% of 100k = 125 naira Or 0.125% of 1million =1,250 naira?

I need to clarify if yield means interest. Please give your insider tips.

Thanks.

They ll charge you custodian fee of the face value or maturity value.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by battleaxe: 10:05am On May 18, 2015
@mrkels

So as in my last example, how much would that be??

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: articlewriter, biznus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.