Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? (5138 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by coolruler(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2012
Will somebody please tell me the correct and acceptable meaning of First Fruit?

My former Pastor said its my entire first income (or salary) in a New Year, new business, e.t.c while my new Pastor (I recently relocated to another area of Lagos) would have it as the difference between my old income and new income for the New Year.

Pls, which of them is correct? and how can I apply the rule to a Contractor like myself with non-steady income?

Thank you.
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by PastorKun(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
It was the Israelites who where under the defunct laws of Moses that first fruits was directed to, it is not applicable to christians who are not under that law. Christians are under grace meaning first fruits, tithes and the over six hundred mosaic laws are not applicable to christians. Preachers today just hammer on(a twisted interpretation) of first fruits and tithes becos it means more money for them. There is clearly no biblical definition of first fruit or tithes that is applicable to us today hence you see preachers inventing their own definition. That aside the apostles that started the early church never adopted any of these Jewish practises into the church, rather they made it clear that it was an unnecessary burden to believers and it wasn't applicable to the christian faith. You may wish to read Acts:15 to understand the early church's position on Jewish laws.
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by Goshen360(m): 3:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
Pastor Kun:

It was the Israelites who where under the defunct laws of Moses that first fruits was directed to, it is not applicable to christians who are not under that law. Christians are under grace meaning first fruits, tithes and the over six hundred mosaic laws are not applicable to christians. Preachers today just hammer on(a twisted interpretation) of first fruits and tithes becos it means more money for them. There is clearly no biblical definition of first fruit or tithes that is applicable to us today hence you see preachers inventing their own definition. That aside the apostles that started the early church never adopted any of these Jewish practises into the church, rather they made it clear that it was an unnecessary burden to believers and it wasn't applicable to the christian faith. You may wish to read Acts:15 to understand the early church's position on Jewish laws.

Thanks PastorKun,

Can't but agree 100% anymore. Also add to your sound biblical statement, The new testament didn't start in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John rather they are ending books to the Old testament. Where there is a testament (a will, agreement, covenant) there must of necessity be the death of a testator and a will is no force or effect until the death of the testator. Jesus, walking in Mathew, Mark, Luke and John was ending the Mosaic Law and establishing the new testament that will take effect after His death. Jesus already fulfilled the Law and became a curse for us, why are we still trying to keep them. Apostles NEVER asked for first fruits offerings, Jesus NEVER asked for it but GREEDY wolves in sheep's clothing are asking for it to build empires and institution, create ungodly church branches and command tithes and first fruits to be brought to headquarters. The only thing the new testament left us with is GIVING. Giving to the poor, orphans, neighbors and to the true work of God where you are led and give freely and without grudges in your heart for God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by God2man(m): 4:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
@poster, see your pastor on this issue or buy books on the doctrine of firstfruit offering, it wiil be of an immense benefit rather than come here to ask questions on firstfruit offering.
You will be made a double child of hell fire.
God bless you. God2man.
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by God2man(m): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
@poster, see your pastor on this issue or buy books on the doctrine of firstfruit offering, it wiil be of an immense benefit rather than come here to ask questions on firstfruit offering.
God bless you. God2man.
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by Ptolomeus(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
I agree totally with friends Pastor Kun & Goshen360.
They have been very clear!
The biblical tithes were made with oils, animals, fruits etc , all that was burned in the holocaust to God. I do not think the shepherds burn the money to make offerings to God! they prefer to spend their own advantage.
Many pastors use such passages, to deform them and use them for personal profit, to enrich themselves with the sacrifice of others.
Do not deprive you of giving bread to his children to obey lies of a pastor.
Jesus and his disciples never charged or demanded tithe offerings.
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by babyboy3(m): 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
Its a choice you make

Mostly on you increase,

Remember when Joshua and the Israelite lost the battle of Ai, because God told them that all the spoils of Jericho belongs to him but Achan hid some for himself, Jericho was the first battle they fought and conquered. no one is putting a gun to your head but as a sign of your appreciation about what God has done you give a first fruit offering,
Re: First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? by Goshen360(m): 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
God2man:

God bless you. God2man.

My brother, due respect to you. The BIBLE is the final word and not the pastor or man's idea in book. Rather advice him to study the bible for himself and find out what we say here is true or what his pastor said. God bless you brother.

(1) (Reply)

A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. / The Difference Between The Righteous And The Wicked - Olamide Obire / What To Do When A Fellow Christian Falls Into Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.