Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! (13524 Views)

* * ~ Pidgin English Is Fûcked Up!!! ~ * * / You Think English Is Easy??? I Love The English Language!!!!!!!! / Who Said English Is Simple Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 10:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
In what other language do people drive in a parkway and park in a driveway?

Why does night fall but never break and day break but never fall?

Why is it that when we transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when we transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

In what other language do they call the third hand on the clock the second hand?

Why is it called a TV set when you get only one?

Why - in our crazy language - can your nose run and your feet smell?

Sometimes you have to believe that all English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane:

If olive oil is made of olives, what do they make baby oil from?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian consume?

A writer is someone who writes, and a stinger is something that stings.

But fingers don't fing and grocers don't groce.

If the plural of tooth is teeth, shouldn't the plural of booth be beeth?

If the teacher taught, why isn't it also true that the preacher praught?

If harmless actions are the opposite of harmful actions, why are shameless and shameful behavior the same?

English is a language in which you can turn a light on and you can turn a light off and you can turn a light out, but you can't turn a light in;

In which the sun comes up and goes down, but prices go up and come down.

In which your nose can simultaneously burn up and burn down and your car can slow up and slow down, in which you can fill in a form by filling out a form and in which your alarm clock goes off by going on.

English is a crazy language. What is it that when the sun or the moon or the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible?; and why when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I shall end it?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 25, 2012
Whoa. . . .dis is fantastic, . . . .and cokastic, maltinastic, palmwinestic! Lovely
i'm feeling you!
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by sutoboy(m): 7:15am On Feb 25, 2012
hmm feeling him?

eyes closed!
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by mikuz(m): 10:31am On Feb 25, 2012
you try small.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by sutoboy(m): 10:35am On Feb 25, 2012
small?

well na smal sense u get anyway

1 Like

Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by ChuckD1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2012
~Killz~:

In what other language do people drive in a parkway and park in a driveway?

Why does night fall but never break and day break but never fall?

Why is it that when we transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when we transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

In what other language do they call the third hand on the clock the second hand?

Why is it called a TV set when you get only one?

Why - in our crazy language - can your nose run and your feet smell?

Sometimes you have to believe that all English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane:

If olive oil is made of olives, what do they make baby oil from?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian consume?

A writer is someone who writes, and a stinger is something that stings.

But fingers don't fing and grocers don't groce.

If the plural of tooth is teeth, shouldn't the plural of booth be beeth?

If the teacher taught, why isn't it also true that the preacher praught?

If harmless actions are the opposite of harmful actions, why are shameless and shameful behavior the same?

English is a language in which you can turn a light on and you can turn a light off and you can turn a light out, but you can't turn a light in;

In which the sun comes up and goes down, but prices go up and come down.

In which your nose can simultaneously burn up and burn down and your car can slow up and slow down, in which you can fill in a form by filling out a form and in which your alarm clock goes off by going on.

English is a crazy language. What is it that when the sun or the moon or the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible?; and why when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up this essay, I shall end it?

Great Killz. Well done.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^
I copied it actually. wink
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2012
booqee:

Whoa. . . .dis is fantastic, . . . .and cokastic, maltinastic, palmwinestic! Lovely
i'm feeling you!
I'm feeling you too. Have you had lunch?
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2012
hmm feeling him?

eyes closed!
Yes! Feeling him. . . What is your own "concernment?" tongue
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2012
discombuloololbulooted joke,

*killz abeg help me spell am* lol
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^^
You are on your own o. grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Shagaiya04(m): 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2012
English always borrows words from other languages, I pity it when it deptors will come for what is their's.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by eghost247(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2012
nice one cheesy
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by billion11: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2012
he he, nice post! smiley
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by tellwisdom: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2012
What should i do with this?? sad sad
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Afam4eva(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2012
English is as crazy as they come. English language defies logic as there is no specific rule for speaking English.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by swtchicgurl: 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome! me likey! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2012
enters thread

smiles smiley
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by wowo2: 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2012
Shagaiya04:

English always borrows words from other languages, I pity it when it deptors will come for what is their's.

True, English developed from other languages so there is no single definite word pattern.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Mavrick2012: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2012
Its nt a sin to show-love,expres-love,get-loved,look-lovely,b-in-love,giv-a-hand-of-love.but it becoms a sin to make-love
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by slimyem: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2012
lol.
Why is the past tense of
take-took
shake-shook and
make is made?
Bottom line-english is such an inconsistent language!
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by nasty45(m): 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2012
Why is it called energy givin food instead of food givin energy.why is it called disease causin organism instead of organism causin disease
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by chucky234(m): 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2012
copycat
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by odeexpress(m): 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2012
Wonderful, very nice piece of write up!
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by pek(m): 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2012
Shagaiya04:

are you writing in efik?
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Yinkay: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2012
If past tense of:

Take-Took

then why is

Bake not Book grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Princek12(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2012
@OP:

Next time you copy someone else's work, please provide the source from which the reference was copied. They call it attribution.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by PhysicsQED(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ threadstarter

[img]http://ewp.rpi.edu/hartford/library/images/plagiarist.gif[/img]

Change your ways. You know what you did.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by silibaba: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2012
@OP:

Next time you copy someone else's work, please provide the source from which the reference was copied. They call it attribution.
gbam grin grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by eghost247(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2012
abeg make una free the guy
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by ChefMike(m): 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2012
This is a big question for the English scholars to answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help / Learn Chinese : / "i Rang The Doorbell, Didn't I?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.