Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep (11127 Views)

Arrest Me If My Convoy Break Traffic Rules – Amosun Tells New TRACE Boss / Dasukigate: Return Your N260m Share, Oshiomhole Tells Anennih / Tinubu Demands Oil Wells/Ministerial Slots From Buhari - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 1:17am On Feb 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Get our oil wells back, Oshiomhole tells new Edo NDDC Rep[/size]
On February 24, 2012 · In News
10:39 pm

By SIMON EBEGBULEM
GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state has assured the State’s new Commissioner on the board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) of Government’s support to ensure that oil wells wrongly ceded to other states are returned to the state.

Speaking on Friday during a visit of the newly appointed Edo State representative on the Board of the NDDC, Mr Henry Okhuarobo, Governor Oshiomhole however frowned at the quality of jobs in the state.

Governor Oshiomhole said, “we do not have to go cap in hand begging for what is our entitlement. The NDDC should ensure that money appropriated for the oil producing communities is spent for the region judiciously and road projects should have drainages on both sides” he noted.

According to him, funds appropriated in the name of the people of the Niger Delta region are stolen and oil wells in Edo state are credited to other states.

He advised the new management of the NDDC to address the mistakes of the previous board, by not embarking on projects that will not affect the lives of the people of oil producing communities.

“All projects should be properly executed taking into account designs. If the conditions of the Niger Delta people must change, we need policies that will torch the lives of the people. The NDDC should take erosion control as a challenge. Do not worship any godfather by constructing a road to their house, but do it because it is an oil producing community,” he added.

The Governor said he is happy that in Edo State today, the government has made a statement on the quality of roads that should be constructed and the people will no longer accept substandard roads, without drainage, adding that, “we have raised the level of awareness for the people to insist on the delivery of quality projects”.

The newly appointed representative of Edo State on the Board of the NDDC, Barr. Henry Okhuarobo thanked the governor for nominating him for the appointment, and assured that he will ensure that the projects to be executed must be properly designed with side drains.

“After accessing what has been done by your administration in the state, I found out that you have set a standard for NDDC projects. It is now a challenge for us to do what you are doing with schools, roads, health system, water and solar borehole. In road construction in particular we will follow your standard,” he noted.

He disclosed that the NDDC will embark as an intervention agency to remedy roads which the state government is not working on, adding, “we will liaise with your officials to know where they are not working to avoid duplication”.

Barr. Okhuarobo appealed to the governor to use his good will to prevail on the federal government to address the issue of the state’s oil wells that are being credited to other states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/get-our-oil-wells-back-oshiomhole-tells-new-edo-nddc-rep/
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 1:19am On Feb 25, 2012
This promises to be interesting for Ondo state.
Delta state too, should be fighting for the return of its oil wells from Ondo.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Obiagu1(m): 1:33am On Feb 25, 2012
So Ondo people stole Edo oil wells grin
It has OBJ handwriting written all over it, maybe I'm wrong.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by dayokanu(m): 1:41am On Feb 25, 2012
^^ How do you know it was Ondo state he was talking about
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 1:43am On Feb 25, 2012
^
Cos we know everything happening in our backyard. cool

In 1984, as the Director- General of the Federal Survey, following a re-organization in the Federal Ministry of Works, I initiated the establishment  of National Boundary Commission when I was told that Cameroun had established its National Boundary Commission because of the sensitive nature of the issue. The Vice President was made  the Chairman because of the sensitive nature.

In 1977, the Obasanjo administration set up the Justice Mamman Nasir Boundary Commission and, following its report, the boundaries of some  states were changed. Part of Western Ijaw went to Rivers State, part of Bendel went to Ondo; part of Rivers went to Cross Rivers and part of Imo went to Rivers.

Because of this, some oil wells changed hands. There was an oil well in Rivers very close to Imo and I was asked to demarcate where the oil well was actually located. After the exercise, it was found that the oil well was in Rivers.

Moreover, because parts of Bendel had gone to Ondo, there were five oil wells very close to the boundary. Initially, the Ondo people wanted the royalty to be shared 50-50 because they were very close to the boundary between both states.

In 1981, a Yoruba man, who was Director of Survey, wrote to the Ministry of Finance on the issue and, after charting, it was found that the oil wells were in Bendel State. He wrote to the Ministry of Finance that the Yoruba would not take this.

He went to Lagos, met with the Director of Survey and reported that a Bini man was behind the charting. Then my Director said no, he charted it. In 1984, Bamidele Otiko became the military governor of Ondo State and came to Lagos to meet my Director. At the meeting, my Director told Otiko  he was responsible for the charting.

When Chief Olu – Falae became the Secretary to the Federal Government, he directed me to write a letter that pending the resolution of the Ondo – Bendel boundary adjustment issue, they should be sharing the royalty 50 – 50. I declined to write the letter.

They then posted one Ondo man  to be the permanent secretary. He was reported to have said he was posted there to do their bidding and they would call him an outcast if he did not. After reading the file, he said I should do something, on the issue and I said, ‘No, you  are the permanent secretary, draft the letter and sign it.

He refused. The then Minister of Works, Alhaji Abubakar Umar, was a witness to all these. Later some people did  a letter purportedly written by me. When Mamman Kantagora became the Works Minister, he  told me that the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC) had retired me.

That was in 1988. The following week, the  then Ondo governor  called a press conference and told the media  that I forged the  map of Ondo – Bendel States to remove oil wells from Ondo to Bendel. The newspapers  that published the story were  sued for libel and I made them to write apology letters.

Since I was retired, they have not carried out any survey on the Ondo – Bendel boundary issue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/omoigui-at-80-i-made-them-pay-for-claiming-i-removed-oil-wells-from-ondo-to-bendel/

There is some equally explosive stuff on Bakassi in that article from the same man.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Dainfamous: 2:21am On Feb 25, 2012
WOW shocked this is serious the only thing is that they should not fight about it or play any political game with the issue,if the oil in ondo state belongs to Edo sates then by law EDO state should take back their royalties which ondo state is getting from the 5 oil wells at the moment.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by ektbear: 4:13am On Feb 25, 2012
[img]http://grandioseparlor.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/ondo1.PNG[/img]

Ilaje shares no border with Edo State.

So if he is talking of recovering oil wells, then it must be from Delta. . . .
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 4:26am On Feb 25, 2012
^
This is the great thing about NL. You can meet all sorts of "clever" people, even those who would argue about boundaries with the very man that drew the final map.
Anyway's, if Edo doesn't share boundaries with Ondo then maybe becomerich has finally succeeded in moving Ondo out of Nigeria.

Abeg, who knows where Ondo state is nowadays? grin
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by ektbear: 4:35am On Feb 25, 2012
You seem to be misunderstanding two things.

1. Bendel is not Edo. So that there was some sort of dispute between Ondo and Bendel does not mean that there is one between Ondo and Edo.
2. Almost all of Ondo's oil come from a single LGA. Ilaje. Ilaje is not contiguous with Edo. So how can there be a dispute over oil wells between Ondo and Edo?

As I said, it seems more likely that their comments were directed at Delta. . .
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Nobody: 4:50am On Feb 25, 2012
Delta is like texas of Nigeria, they got everything land,manpower resources etc.That state is really blessed.

@topic Ondo want oye badly grin
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by aljharem(m): 4:54am On Feb 25, 2012
ekt_bear:

1. Bendel is not Edo. So that there was some sort of dispute between Ondo and Bendel does not mean that there is one between Ondo and Edo.
2. Almost all of Ondo's oil come from a single LGA. Ilaje. Ilaje is not contiguous with Edo. So how can there be a dispute over oil wells between Ondo and Edo?

I wonder why you are replying these Igbo people. What do they know. Abeg lets keep watching the show.

They keep planning, thinking and dreaming evil again yoruba but heck undecided grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 4:57am On Feb 25, 2012
ekt_bear:

Ok, my bad. I did mention that Delta state needs to get back its oil wells from Ondo though (first comment on the thread).

The fact that most of the oil is in Ilaje areas does not foreclose the existence of oil wells along disputed border areas between Edo and Ondo. It is such wells that Oshiomole is talking about.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by ektbear: 4:57am On Feb 25, 2012
I am not replying to please them. But to have it out there for the record, so that everyone knows what is up.

I generally don't like to see misinformation spread unchallenged. . . my "job" is to correct it.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by aljharem(m): 5:00am On Feb 25, 2012
ekt_bear:

I am not replying to please them. But to have it out there for the record, so that everyone knows what is up.

I generally don't like to see misinformation spread unchallenged. . . my "job" is to correct it.

Ok, ekt but I rather you leave them for now. Jor smiley

Beaf:

Ok, my bad. I did mention that Delta state needs to get back its oil wells from Ondo though (first comment on the thread).

The fact that most of the oil is in Ilaje areas does not foreclose the existence of oil wells along disputed border areas between Edo and Ondo. It is such wells that Oshiomole is talking about.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How u talk know shocked shocked . You no be PDP man again ? So now you agree with Oshomole grin grin grin
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 5:10am On Feb 25, 2012
alj harem:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How u talk know shocked shocked . You no be PDP man again ? So now you agree with Oshomole grin grin grin

Are you saying you have nothing outside the contents of your greasy arse to contribute?
A grown man so stup!d its a mystery! grin
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by aljharem(m): 5:19am On Feb 25, 2012
Beaf:

Are you saying you have nothing outside the contents of your greasy arse to contribute?
A grown man so stup!d its a mystery! grin
shocked shocked shocked you have not answered the question. How you take know say Oshomole was refering to Ondo shocked

Moreover there are no oil field between Ondo and Edo

[img]http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/nigeria_gas_1979.jpg[/img]

notice benin city and notice the costal area of Ondo shocked shocked shocked

chai !!!! Beaf are you saying ur relationship with PDP is ethnically related rather than development undecided

Nawa o
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by aljharem(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2012
Abeg beaf there is more to a country than Oil o !!!!!
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 5:39am On Feb 25, 2012
alj harem:

Abeg beaf there is more to a country than Oil o !!!!!

Like what? Your parasitism, or your being a lazy, begging, awuf luv'n fuckwit?
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Kilode1: 6:12am On Feb 25, 2012
Oshiomhole is definitely speaking about Oil wells he intends to get back from Delta State, not Ondo.

So much ado about oil sef

Anyway the Ondo Delta Oil issue is largely between Ilaje and itshekiri people, I expect them to always find a solution, it's the bloodsucking FG I'm worried about.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 6:29am On Feb 25, 2012
Kilode?!:

Oshiomhole is definitely speaking about Oil wells he intends to get back from Delta State, not Ondo.

So much ado about oil sef

Anyway the Ondo Delta Oil issue is largely between Ilaje and itshekiri people, I expect them to always find a solution, it's the bloodsucking FG I'm worried about.

When did ethnic groups begin to decide which states own oil wells? Anyways, Oshiomole is governor of Edo state, not Delta and Edo states problem like Delta's is the wuru-wuru allocation of their oil to Ondo state under Obj.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by ektbear: 6:32am On Feb 25, 2012
Good point, Koruji.

Ultimately, most of the oil in Delta is in Itsekiriland.

And certainly any oil wells in contention between Ondo and Delta are really between Ilaje and/or Ese-Odo LGAs and Itsekiriland.

So it is only with them that any potential dispute might exist.

However, I trust that we can settle any such disputes amicably.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 6:40am On Feb 25, 2012
Lol! The same fools that were screaming blue murder about GEJ telling Chevron to give an Itsekiri community electricity are now trying on "the Itsekiri are awa pipo" shiit again, because oil wells are being discussed!

In everything, they bring in ethnicity! angry
When did ethnic groups decide which state gets oil wells? Abeg, we are gonna collect our property.

Tif and longthroat na di same tin!

Anyways, enjoy the results of "awa pipo" voting to exit a suffocating embrace. You will note that "awa pipo," the Itsekiri's voted under Warri:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/618690_Midwest_gifc8ab793912f73fbfd315c809824d9a07
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by sheyguy: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2012
Is Ore also Edo state land. What about places like Akoko Edo L.G.A. Where they are practically Yorubas. I think it is time we use a referendum or something like that so the people can choose where they want to be. Our democracy shld permit such. Let the states do some wooing too.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Kilode1: 7:05am On Feb 25, 2012
OBJ and his goons problems is not my business and Edo and Ondo do not have any major oil well dispute that I know of, but I'm ready to be educated.

However I'm aware of land disputes around the Imeri (Ondo)  Okpe (Edo) border areas. I basically blame that issue on the visionless state creations done by past FG idiots. But ultimately I expect these ethnic communities to find lasting solution to their problems if the FG and their Abuja Overlords can take their noses out of local issues.

These issues should ultimately be about the real owners of the land and the resources.

First the property owners, ethnic and individual. No one gave the FG the right to allocate and share land resources, they usurped it.

IMO, Ilaje & Itshekiri oil and land issue should be there's to solve.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 7:09am On Feb 25, 2012
^
If you are for resource control, its nice to hear.

sheyguy:

Is Ore also Edo state land. What about places like Akoko Edo L.G.A. Where they are practically Yorubas. I think it is time we use a referendum or something like that so the people can choose where they want to be. Our democracy shld permit such. Let the states do some wooing too.

Ore is already in Ondo state, so I don't know what you are yarning. Also, Akoko Edo people are Afemai.
There is nothing worse than this shoemakers level of ignorance that makes some of you go around claiming others who couldn't give a rats arse, cos they arleady have their own ethnic group which they are comfortable with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afemai

Now, lets talk about what Mr Omoigui said about the hijacked oil wells. cool
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by sheyguy: 7:14am On Feb 25, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! The same fools that were screaming blue murder about GEJ telling Chevron to give an Itsekiri community electricity are now trying on "the Itsekiri are awa pipo" shiit again, because oil wells are being discussed!

[b]In everything, they bring in ethnicity! angry
[/b]When did ethnic groups decide which state gets oil wells? Abeg, we are gonna collect our property.

Tif and longthroat na di same tin!

Anyways, enjoy the results of "awa pipo" voting to exit a suffocating embrace. You will note that "awa pipo," the Itsekiri's voted under Warri:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/618690_Midwest_gifc8ab793912f73fbfd315c809824d9a07
Oga beaf, how does Gej bullying Chevron on behalf of an Itsekiri community changes what is right or wrong? Chevron's property remains Chevron's property. In the Chevron case, i was actually expecting Gej and our Govt to offer to buy Chevron's excess energy in order to encourage them into building more capacity to support our national grid.
But none of the above justifies u tribalizing issues here. Ur divide and Conquer won't work here because the Itsekiri have been fought unjustly over their land by every sizable ethnic group around them.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by sheyguy: 7:56am On Feb 25, 2012
Beaf:

Ore is already in Ondo state, so I don't know what you are yarning. Also, Akoko Edo people are Afemai.
There is nothing worse than this shoemakers level of ignorance that makes some of you go around claiming others who couldn't give a rats arse, cos they arleady have their own ethnic group which they are comfortable with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afemai

Now, lets talk about what Mr Omoigui said about the hijacked oil wells. cool
i asked about Ore because they av some natural resource that is worth being annexed and can be annexed too.
Akoko Edo people i know all bear deep Yoruba names and rep Yoruba. What i am saying is every ethnic group shld deptermine its own destiny, instead of all these disgraceful fighting
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by 9jaIhail(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2012
alj harem:

I wonder why you are replying these Igbo people. What do they know. Abeg lets keep watching the show.

They keep planning, thinking and dreaming evil again yoruba but heck undecided grin grin grin grin grin

You see why many hate you with passion on this forum,your duty here is to create ethnic clash between the southerners while you sit back and laugh in your boko haram style.How on earth did this thread relate to Igbo that make's you dragging igbo name into it?Until Nairaland band you and your group this site will continue with ethnic bashing.Read the bolded and see how devilish you can be
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2012
Once again Beaf gets slapped silly with facts.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2012
sheyguy:

i asked about Ore because they av some natural resource that is worth being annexed and can be annexed too.
Akoko Edo people i know all bear deep Yoruba names and rep Yoruba. What i am saying is every ethnic group shld deptermine its own destiny, instead of all these disgraceful fighting

I've never heard anything so daft. There are many Nigerians bearing English names, does that make them British? There are also many Ondo state people with Edo/Afemai names, does that make them Edo or Afemai?

Daft.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by Beaf: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2012
sheyguy:

Oga beaf, how does Gej bullying Chevron on behalf of an Itsekiri community changes what is right or wrong? Chevron's property remains Chevron's property. In the Chevron case, i was actually expecting Gej and our Govt to offer to buy Chevron's excess energy in order to encourage them into building more capacity to support our national grid.
But none of the above justifies u tribalizing issues here. Ur divide and Conquer won't work here because the Itsekiri have been fought unjustly over their land by every sizable ethnic group around them.

Lol! You hypocrites have a way of only showing love where awuf oil is concerned. Thank God we see through you, behind our backs you snigger and call us kobokobo.
Awuf induced love no be love e! grin

Please let us talk about how those oil wells were "obtained." The man who was pressured has spoken and it sounds like theft.
Re: Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep by olafolarin(m): 10:29am On Feb 25, 2012
Beaf:

This promises to be interesting for Ondo state.
Delta state too, should be fighting for the return of its oil wells from Ondo.

You must be drinking when you typed that.

Beaf:

^
This is the great thing about NL. You can meet all sorts of "clever" people, even those who would argue about boundaries with the very man that drew the final map.
Anyway's, if Edo doesn't share boundaries with Ondo then maybe becomerich has finally succeeded in moving Ondo out of Nigeria.

Abeg, who knows where Ondo state is nowadays? grin

The Lord is your strength.

Beaf:

Reality/hards facts is a motherphurka!!!!!

kingoflag:

Once again Beaf gets slapped silly with facts.

Thats one stupid thing about Beaf.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger-Delta Youths To Tambuwal: Leave Dokubo & Kuku Alone / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today! / SAG: We'll Stage Protest In Umuahia If Ikpeazu Recalls Ex-cos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.