Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? (18283 Views)

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Sheenyids: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2012
Guys and ladies, really need sound advice please,  Just opened this account for obvious reasons but I ve been an avid follower of the inputs SOME of you make to people in distress and I think it's useful. The situation is this,

I am a single lady, late twenties , had a intimate encounter 2 weeks ago with someone and used protection but now I ve started getting a skin rash which I only get when I am pregnant, how is it possible after using a condom which didn't burst, I am baffled. Similar thing happened years back as a student and let me just say I was practically disowned by my parents for 'bringing disgrace and shame to family'  , lost that pregnancy, now I am working but not in a relationship

The koko is that I am not in a relationship now so goes back to me becoming a single mum which will complete the disowning process for me (my family are the type you havent seen, my age is just a number to them) or I find someone to accept me and baby and get married for sake of it, although am not in a relationship, someone has been pestering me to be in one with him and I don't really like him but seems beggars can't choose

(I will ignore insulting comments)
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Cuteobi(f): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2012
Have u had a preg test done yet? Buy a PT strip and DIY ASAP before u conclude ur preggers.IMO two weeks is to early for preg signs.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Sheenyids: 9:48am On Feb 25, 2012
On my way to buy the stick now, Haven't had my period this month though
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by feminineA: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2012
First thing first let's confirm u re pregnant then I will come back.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by agiboma(f): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2012
still waiting for the results
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Sheenyids: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2012
I m back, Its Positive sad
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Tiana155(f): 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2012
My dear friend, there are somethings that are beyond our control no matter how careful you are they happen, however, there's absolutely nothing wrong for you to take responsibility for your action. At the same time you can go to the hospital tell the doctor to regularize your mentral flow, 2weeks is relativetely early. Asap.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by feminineA: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2012
I feel you should do a proper medical test and if its still positive then you should keep your baby irrespective of the pressure around you. I hope u have ur job as well as an apartment to yourself and you are not a young lady.you don't know the child that will be a star tommorow look at clarion chukwuka if they had told her when she was 17 and got pregnant that clarence will be a star am sure she won't believe with all the humilation she faced. So take things easy and adjust to this new life.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2012
get an abortion. how hard can that be? and keep your legs closed next time.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by mission08: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2012
Quite a difficult situation. Just weigh the pros and cons of keeping d baby and having an abortion. Although, personally I may not go for an abortion but then I'v never been in dat situation. If u r sure u can face being a single mother both emotionally and financially, then keep d baby and brace up 4 d consequences. Ur family may not support u initially, but with time they will come around.

Condom use is just about 90-95% safe, anything culd have happened. Can u get in touch with d guy responsible, who knows? Otherwise in the distance future, be prepared for the story u will tell ur child about d dad. At least make him know he has a child somewhere in fairness to him.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Odunnu: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2012
You are an adult for God's sake, learn to act like one and your parents would have no option than to pipe down! You have a job, thank God! Get ready, make preparations, you are about to be a mom. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you dont as much as think of aborting the baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
Odunnu:

You are an adult for God's sake, learn to act like one and your parents would have no option than to pipe down! You have a job, thank God! Get ready, make preparations, you are about to be a mom. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you dont as much as think of aborting the baby.  

why not? what sort of life does this baby stand to have?
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by mission08: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2012
Mind u, dont be surprised if dt guy pestering u now run once he knows u r pregnant.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by agiboma(f): 12:36am On Feb 26, 2012
If you are in the position to have the baby then you should do so.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 1:26am On Feb 26, 2012
I am not a big fan of abortions if they can be avoided but in this case, it might be your best option. You are well-educated and you should be careful not to reason/behave like an illiterate by bringing a child into this world in such precarious circumstances.

You're a working woman so please go to a good and reputable doctor to avoid damage to your reproductive system. Contrary to the antiquated system of beliefs in Nigeria, abortions are common in most developed countries and don't bring down fire and brimstone from God. Some ladies on here can give you recommendations to good abortionists.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 1:45am On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 1:48am On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Vansnickers: 1:52am On Feb 26, 2012
SMH, The Advice you see People give on NL, can you give your Sisters this kind of Advice!!!

@op.

Don't abort the Child, if you feel you can't take care of the Child, give it up for Adoption once it's born.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 2:30am On Feb 26, 2012
Van snickers:

SMH,  The Advice you see People give on NL, can you give your Sisters this kind of Advice!!!

@op.

Don't abort the Child, if you feel you can't take care of the Child, give it up for Adoption once it's born.

Yes, I would never give a woman advice on here that I won't give my younger sisters. We are no longer in the dark ages. You can't just have a baby because the condom malfunctioned! What kind of world are you planning on building for that child if it won't come into a stable family where it is loved and nurtured into a stable, productive adult? So would you rather she have the baby for a man that will probably deny it and dump it in a gutter or go drop it off at an orphanage?! Or you want her to become another statistic. I didn't give the abortion advice lightly. Please, let's not turn this into a religious thread. The OP came on here for practical solutions to her current problems. God isn't going to help her get rid of an unwanted pregnancy!

@OP, age is not on your side and a baby will CERTAINLY NOT make you a more desirable marriage partner. Please don't ruin your life because some people on here thinks God had anything to do with the errant spermatozoa that fertilized your egg.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 2:31am On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by armyofone(m): 4:12am On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

the errant spermatozoa that fertilized your egg.

ha, very funny.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 26, 2012
Sheenyids:

Guys and ladies, really need sound advice please, Just opened this account for obvious reasons but I ve been an avid follower of the inputs SOME of you make to people in distress and I think it's useful. The situation is this,

I am a single lady, late twenties , had a intimate encounter 2 weeks ago with someone and used protection but now I ve started getting a skin rash which I only get when I am pregnant, how is it possible after using a condom which didn't burst, I am baffled. Similar thing happened years back as a student and let me just say I was practically disowned by my parents for 'bringing disgrace and shame to family' , lost that pregnancy, now I am working but not in a relationship

The koko is that I am not in a relationship now so goes back to me becoming a single mum which will complete the disowning process for me (my family are the type you havent seen, my age is just a number to them) or I find someone to accept me and baby and get married for sake of it, although am not in a relationship, someone has been pestering me to be in one with him and I don't really like him but seems beggars can't choose

(I will ignore insulting comments)

[b]@OP,

1.On the issue of condoms,people need to get it into their skulls that they are not a 100% effective birth control system,the only 100% birth control system I know is abstinence!
2.You are not in any kind of relationship right now,but you are pregnant! Have you thought about getting in to contact with the man responsible? How do you know his mind set? Have you tried talking to him?He might want you to keep the child or is he a married man?There are lots of loose ends to this story.
3.While I would never encourage you to dishonour your parents because I am a parent too,I have to say you appear too tied to the apron strings of your parents,according to you you are in your late twenties and you have a job.Right now you are pregnant and even if the father of the unborn kid accepts his responsibility,the two of you will still have to face your parents and explain issues to them-To me it appears you are more scared of your parents than the man who knocked you up.Certainly you need to conquer this fear and approach your parents like the adult you are.If you have decided to keep this baby,trust me your folks will come around to accepting the child and you,although it may take some time.
4.Finallyabout the guy that has been pestering you for a relationship,and in the backlash of your problems you want to start a relationship with him so that he can accept you and your baby? My advise DO NOT TRY IT!-He certainly is not the father of the kid so why would you want to give Ibas child to Osun?You want to start your new relationship on a foundation of lies?I bet in your heart you know what the result will be.

I do not pretend to have all the answers to your problems but my suggestion is that you search for the real father of your baby and have a heart to heart talk with him.All other steps will follow from there.
PEACE!!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 26, 2012
Van snickers:

SMH, The Advice you see People give on NL, can you give your Sisters this kind of Advice!!!

@op.

If my sister got pregnant due to a one-night-stand you bet i would be adamant that she gets rid of the baby. Its absolutely not right that the irresponsible father of the baby gets to go ahead living his own life while my own sister has to radically alter hers just to bring a baby into a world of uncertainty. Why put urself in a virtual prison for life?
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2012
davidylan:

If my sister got pregnant due to a one-night-stand you bet i would be adamant that she gets rid of the baby. Its absolutely not right that the irresponsible father of the baby gets to go ahead living his own life while my own sister has to radically alter hers just to bring a baby into a world of uncertainty. Why put urself in a virtual prison for life?

GBAM! And the real tragedy is that the very ones asking her not to abort the baby are the same ones that will stigmatize her for being a single mother and advise their sons not to marry her! Shior! angry
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by taryour(f): 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

[b]@OP,

1.On the issue of condoms,people need to get it into their skulls that they are not a 100% effective birth control system,the only 100% birth control system I know is abstinence!
2.You are not in any kind of relationship right now,but you are pregnant! Have you thought about getting in to contact with the man responsible? How do you know his mind set? Have you tried talking to him?He might want you to keep the child or is he a married man?There are lots of loose ends to this story.
3.While I would never encourage you to dishonour your parents because I am a parent too,I have to say you appear too tied to the apron strings of your parents,according to you you are in your late twenties and you have a job.Right now you are pregnant and even if the father of the unborn kid accepts his responsibility,the two of you will still have to face your parents and explain issues to them-To me it appears you are more scared of your parents than the man who knocked you up.Certainly you need to conquer this fear and approach your parents like the adult you are.If you have decided to keep this baby,trust me your folks will come around to accepting the child and you,although it may take some time.
4.Finallyabout the guy that has been pestering you for a relationship,and in the backlash of your problems you want to start a relationship with him so that he can accept you and your baby? My advise DO NOT TRY IT!-He certainly is not the father of the kid so why would you want to give Ibas child to Osun?You want to start your new relationship on a foundation of lies?I bet in your heart you know what the result will be.

I do not pretend to have all the answers to your problems but my suggestion is that you search for the real father of your baby and have a heart to heart talk with him.All other steps will follow from there.
PEACE!!![/b]

@richvkunt very good advice.
@op richvkunt as given you the perfect advice so you better take to it or you risk the chances of loosing you life or your womb if you go ahead and do an abortion. And if you push it on the guy pestrin you,i assure you that you will regret it and bite your fingers forever.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Odunnu: 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2012
davidylan:

why not? what sort of life does this baby stand to have?
I'm going to answer you from a christian angle. The 'sort of life' this baby will have is not determined by its mother. We both have seen, read even observed babies who were 'unwanted' as it were turn out as saviours. Even as a doctor, I will never make abortion an option. No, I wont.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^Good one. When I was on school prac in the hospital during my Uni days, Abortion was one of the procedure I ticked off as not interested to see/watch. I would go into the theatre and watch every procedure but abortion and I will never be a partaker of it physically.

Our neighbours Daughter was preggers @ 16, her mother made a deal with a health professional to either kill the baby or give it out immediately she is brought into this world. I remember hearing that it was an old Benin midwife that told the girl the truth. This girl ran away from lagos and had her baby in another state. Fast forwrd to present day, this same girl they wanted to kill after she was born, finished her secondary school education with scholarship. Her mother and step dad sent her to UK to study medicine and she came out as one of the best student, she actually was the best i think they said in her 5th year. She is a well known Dr in the UK as we speak, come and see her grand parents claiming grand daughter, someone they never wanted to hear, cry her first cry.

Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2012
jennykadry:

^^Good one. When I was on school prac in the hospital during my Uni days, Abortion was one of the procedure I ticked off as not interested to see/watch. I would go into the theatre and watch every procedure but abortion and I will never be a partaker of it physically.

Our neighbours Daughter was preggers @ 16, her mother made a deal with a health professional to either kill the baby or give it out immediately she is brought into this world. I remember hearing that it was an old Benin midwife that told the girl the truth. This girl ran away from lagos and had her baby in another state. Fast forwrd to present day, this same girl they wanted to kill after she was born, finished her secondary school education with scholarship. Her mother and step dad sent her to UK to study medicine and she came out as one of the best student, she actually was the best i think they said in her 5th year. She is a well known Dr in the UK as we speak, come and see her grand parents claiming grand daughter, someone they never wanted to hear, cry her first cry.

Tufiakwa

You shouldn't present tail-end outcomes as the average of a probability distribution function. For every single doctor story that you have, there are 20 stories of children who ended in motor parks and in southern italy.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Odunnu: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
There are yet many more who had 'out of this world parents' also ended up as touts and never-do-well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
I doubt that the OP’s concern is for the child’s station in life. She seems to be in a good position to raise the child well. She is educated, employed, appears sharp and able to gather herself together. The main issue is the societal concerns and pressures to be faced.

OP regarding the marriage question, I don’t believe you should settle for the guy you don’t like. Besides, if he marries you now, he may feel like he has done you a favor and start to resent you/maltreat you later. If you keep the baby, at least the biggest pressure that sends women into marriage, the biological clock, has been eased. You already have a child. Enjoy your baby, develop your career. Wait for your own man.

If you decide not to keep the baby cos you can’t handle all the societal/familial drama, now’s the time to act. It’s still pretty early, baby is still a mass of cells but tick, tock, time’s a wastin. Your baby’s heart is slowly forming as we speak!

And one last thing, for your future *ahem* ‘needs’, please add a contraceptive pill to your regimen.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by 2mch(m): 6:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
Did the condom break or leak? If it didnt then the man you Were Intimate with may not be responsible. Since you are open to one night stands then you better think about who else might be responsible. Look, the guy will never accept it because he knows he used a condom, and may have checked that it was still intact before disposing. Imagine bringing a child into the world where you dont know its father or it being told it was a mistake of an intact leaked condom. . This must be a super story, you better be truthful and real with yourself. Hopefully you did not tamper with the condom and now looking for a super story to go and tell the guy. He will never marry you o. He will always think the baby was not his. Ehn,you dey find baba ijebu to hammer. rabbish! lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by deols(f): 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
prevention would have been better than cure eh. But who are we to judge. poor little soul.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Simple Ways To Show Courtesy / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage / Is This Selfishness Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.