Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh (34214 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / Sheikh Baosari Haruna Dies At 93 (Chief Imam Of Ibadan) / Earthquake Prank On Muslim Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by maclatunji: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2012
SHOCK! 10 years after burial, body remains fresh

By Ishola Balogun
Ten years after Imam Sheez Adeyemi died and buried beside his mosque in Shogunle, Lagos, his body was exhumed recently revealing another miracle of life after death. The sand and stones were lifted from the grave, the planks which were used as cover were all rotten.

The white cloth used in wrapping the body remained even whiter, and the dangling body was brought out intact as though it had just been buried. There was no slightest trace of an unpleasant smell let alone any decay of his body.

It was a surprise to many of them who were present at the scene, yet, a miracle to others. In a jiffy, the news permeated every nook and crany of the area and poeple trooped to the venue to see for themselves how a body buried ten years after was still fresh.

Son of the deceased, Imam Abubakar Sheez Adeyemi who had buried him ten years ago and led the team that carried out the exhumation while speaking with Saturday Vanguard noted that the body did not only decompose but was fresh as if he had just died; the way it was on July 23, 2003.

He said he opened the white cloth which showed no stain and gave the corpes a kiss on the head. After a couple of hours contending with the mamoth crowd that sought to witness it, the body of Imam Sheez Adeyemi was placed on a mat and taken to another site for burial.

Why the body was exhumed

Imam Abubakr Sheez Adeyemi explained that the present owners of the land had put it up for sale and demolision occured which affected the mosque where he was buried, mainly as a result of its proximity to the Agege Motor Express way.

He said: “In the early 60s, the former Baale built the mosque, being the owner of the land. Adeyemi Alhaji Momoh Wosho, Late Ibikunle, and Kadiri, Mustapha Akanni families had close relationship with my family. My late father, Sheikh Muhammad Sheez Adeyemi became the Imam of the msque.

Long after, he requested to be buried there after he died. The request was granted by the then owners of the land. He died on July 23, 2003, and he was buried there.”

He continued: “Sometimes last year, we heard that the present owners of the house behind the mosque which are the grand children of the former Baale, had put it up for sale and that the mosque would be demolished because of the closeness to the road, (Agege Motor Road).

The name of the mosque was Sharafudeen, and it was pulled down recently. So, our family now decided that we had to exhume the body of the late Imam and rebury in my site at Ayobo, Lagos.”

“We went there that early morning after we had secured a police report for the exhumation. Our intention was to gather whatever we could gather to Ayobo for re-burial. But to our outmost surprise, we met the body intact. The white cloth with which he was wrapped ten years ago was clean; we only removed the sand on it leaving no stain.

We used to hear such thing, and I have also read it, but I have just seen it real now. I have also read as proven by some scientists that if a particular soil has some specified chemical components, there is the likelihood that the body will not decompose.

But we are surprised that the wooden plank used as cover had all decay. I was the one who supervised the the process when the body was commited to the grave in July 2003, ten years ago. So, on November 23, 2010, his body remained as it was when he died.

Again, the perfume we sprayed on him was still smelling and the white cloth with which we wrapped the body was as clean as it was ten years ago.”

“What I noticed was that when we started digging, the soil was dry and before we got to the depth of the grave where he laid, the soil became moisturised. It was so soft that, you will think they had poured water therein. It was the white cloth we saw first, then I ordered that they should use their hands since they were wearing hand gloves.

Behold! we carried the body out intact. We were speechless but we glorified Allah; we took the body to my site at Ayobo, offered prayers for him and re-buried the body.

His life

Baba was known for his devotion to Allah. He committed himself to fasting, night prayers, and recitation of the Qur’an. For over thirty years before his death, which I know, he did nothing other than fasting and prayers. Throughout the year, we discovered that he did not fast for about 90 days.

Sometimes, we quarreled with him on the prolong fasting because of his age, he needed to eat as an when due, but he would not listen. What we noticed in him was that if we force him to abandone fasting, he would be sick, but he was always happy and healthy when he fasted. Most often, he ate vegetables and fruits and little of other foods.

I think God is reminding us that it is good to do good and carry out our duties to Him; and for those who can shun worldly things, the reward is bountious. Baba was not after material things, he did not build any house, he did not have a car, and he was not rich; but he dedicated his life to God and was nice to people. Truly, if one worships God in truth and do good to people, if such person dies, he will not rotten.

I joined in carrying the body, says Awolowo Olatunde Bodunrin

When I heard the body was going to be exhumed, I told the son that it was going to bring out the name of the family. But I didnt know how. That day, I returned from work early in the morning after a night duty, I decided to go through the back and I saw them digging the grave.

So, I decided to wait. By the time they dug deep, we saw the white cloth, and behold!, the body was brought out, we were all looking at ourselves, speechless. Then, I reminded the son what I had told him about the exhumation that it will bring out the family’s name.

I am a christian and this is what is called sainthood in christianity. It is happening all over the world to people who actually did what God wants. To those people, termites, insects have no power over their bodies when they die. In fact, I had to join them in carrying the body. I carried the head, holding the head to the back and the body was dangling as if he had just died. The crowd was wholesome.

Ganiyu Ibikunle, Shogunle resident

He was known throughout this Shogunle, he gave what he had to any one who needed it. When he was alive, he was a source of inspiration to so many young people for doing what is good. When he died ten years ago, the youths and some people in the neighbourhood came together and organised a a 7-day lecture in his honour, because we knew he was a man of God.

So, for me, I was not surprised. But, it is a wake-up call for all adherents of the religion. No matter what people say, just do what is right. It also show that there are other things after death.

Alhaja Qamuriat Bello Owosho

When he came to Lagos, he worked in the aviation sector and retired gloriously. He was a maison. He was known for good deeds, although he was not rich, but he impacted on people’s lives so much that we can not mention.

But those who benefitted from his good works know. There was nothing he had he could not give away. He died ten years ago and we buried him at the mosque based on his wish. When I heard the news that his body remains intact, I was full of praises, I immediately went there to see for myself.

By the time I got there, I saw a mammoth crowd. People began to extol his virtues and the street boys immediately coined a cliche from the incidence. ‘Sherere o’ Do good. It is now a norm in the area where young boys will say it to one and other.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/shock-10-years-after-burial-body-remains-fresh/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by jpilata(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2012
Religion is not the most thing in one's life.Just be good and show love to God.He is such a great saint in heaven.An unknown saint on earth but known in heaven.The pope should be given a notice of an unknown saint despite a muslim.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by maclatunji: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2012
j.pilata:

Religion is not the most thing in one's life.Just be good and show love to God.He is such a great saint in heaven.An unknown saint on earth but known in heaven.The pope should be given a notice of an unknown saint despite a muslim.

I am at a place where I shouldn't be laughing but your post made me laugh. I do believe he is honoured in God's reckoning but we Muslims don't go declaring people saints. We may recognise their virtues but not by beatification like Catholics do.

A very inspiring story indeed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by tbaba12345: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2012
In the 1930's (1932) in Iraq, The corpse of two shahaba HUDHAIFA AL YAMANI and JABIR IBNE ABDULLAH-E-ANSARI were exhumed and relocated.

For 1400 years, their bodies had not decayed a bit,

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Opening_of_grave_of_two_sahaba_in_Iraq_in_1932

In 1932, the then ruling King of Iraq, Shah Faisal dreamt that he was being addressed by Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman, who said "O King! Remove Jabir ibn Abdullah Ansari and me from the bank of river Tigris and bury us at some safe place because my grave is already filled with water while Jabir's grave is collecting water slowly." That year, a large number of Muslims and non-Muslims, along with the King, Grand Mufti, Prime Minister, and Prince Farooq of Egypt were there for the opening of graves of both trusted companions of Muhammad. Both of the bodies were said to be fresh and intact while their open eyes were said to issue forth such divine light that the spectators' eyes were dazzled.[citation needed] Furthermore, their coffins, clothes, and kaffan were also intact and at first glance, it appeared as if they were alive. The two bodies were then taken away and buried afresh near the grave of Salman al-Farsi, in Salman Park, which is 30 miles from Baghdad.
He narrated about 1,500 Hadiths. After the death of Muhammad he used to deliver lectures in Masjid Nawabi, Medina, Egypt, and Damascus. Such leading Tabi'en scholars as Amr ibn Dinar, Mujahid, and Ata' ibn Abi Rabah attended his lectures. People gathered around him in Damascus and Egypt to learn about Muhammad and his Hadiths.
On February 26, 2006, the Shrine of Salman the Persian was attacked by insurgents and damaged in the violence following the bomb explosion at Al-Askari Mosque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Abd-Allah
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by moderattor: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2012
rubish! Lies!
Where is the picture?
What differece does it make if his skin didnt not rot but
the guy is still dead!

1 Like

Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by moderattor: 10:55am On Feb 26, 2012
tbaba12345:

In the 1930's (1932) in Iraq, The corpse of two shahaba HUDHAIFA AL YAMANI and JABIR IBNE ABDULLAH-E-ANSARI were exhumed and relocated.

For 1400 years, their bodies had not decayed a bit,

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Opening_of_grave_of_two_sahaba_in_Iraq_in_1932

In 1932, the then ruling King of Iraq, Shah Faisal dreamt that he was being addressed by Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman, who said "O King! Remove Jabir ibn Abdullah Ansari and me from the bank of river Tigris and bury us at some safe place because my grave is already filled with water while Jabir's grave is collecting water slowly." That year, a large number of Muslims and non-Muslims, along with the King, Grand Mufti, Prime Minister, and Prince Farooq of Egypt were there for the opening of graves of both trusted companions of Muhammad. Both of the bodies were said to be fresh and intact while their open eyes were said to issue forth such divine light that the spectators' eyes were dazzled.[citation needed] Furthermore, their coffins, clothes, and kaffan were also intact and at first glance, it appeared as if they were alive. The two bodies were then taken away and buried afresh near the grave of Salman al-Farsi, in Salman Park, which is 30 miles from Baghdad.
He narrated about 1,500 Hadiths. After the death of Muhammad he used to deliver lectures in Masjid Nawabi, Medina, Egypt, and Damascus. Such leading Tabi'en scholars as Amr ibn Dinar, Mujahid, and Ata' ibn Abi Rabah attended his lectures. People gathered around him in Damascus and Egypt to learn about Muhammad and his Hadiths.
On February 26, 2006, the Shrine of Salman the Persian was attacked by insurgents and damaged in the violence following the bomb explosion at Al-Askari Mosque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabir_ibn_Abd-Allah
cock and bull thingy.
No evidence.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by seedord247(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2012
Allahu Akbar  . . . All praise is due to Allah. cool
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by BabaEleko(m): 10:57am On Feb 26, 2012
[size=19pt]Allahu Akbar Kabir!!!!![/size]
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by chuqudy(m): 11:10am On Feb 26, 2012
God have mercy on us. We have many religions in the world. Each claims to be true and accuses others to be false. Even in Christianity, there are millions of denominations with different veiws of the bible. God have mercy on us.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Kay17: 11:14am On Feb 26, 2012
Waiting for pictures, Waiting. . .
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Mcleo007(m): 11:16am On Feb 26, 2012
How come nobody took pictures?
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 26, 2012
This post must win the brain dead award for 2012 grin grin
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by IYANGBALI: 11:22am On Feb 26, 2012
allah akbar,but come o all the people wey go there no get camera fone to snap this wonder wonder thing?abeg make una post the foto if the tori na true,if not forget it grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by tEsLim(m): 11:23am On Feb 26, 2012
Sentimental stories. Good embalming would keep the body there for long. Go to Egypt!!!
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2012
Mcleo007:

How come nobody took pictures?

You don't have to beleive the story, but if you notice the link of the story indicated that the story was lifted from vanguard newspaper, which is not a pro muslim newspaper. Why should vanguard invent a story that would promote Islam?
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by ayusman16(m): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2012
Na wao for these muslims o. they always like using falsehood to propagte Islam.  An Islamic (Muslim) terrorist just bombed a church in Jos. These are true stories that befit Islam.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 26, 2012
abubello:

You don't have to beleive the story, but if you notice the link of the story indicated that the story was lifted from vanguard newspaper, which is not a pro muslim newspaper. Why should vanguard invent a story that would promote Islam?

If you believe this story, you have no business with education, you should go and join Boko Haram.

This is just a wild sensational nonsense of a story and so silly, I am surprised it even made the front page.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by member10: 11:37am On Feb 26, 2012
[size=22pt]
rafhell:

rubbish lies. where are the pictures. you muslims are just too full of gullible lies. abeg make una go sit down jare. the guy is probably f.ucking his 77 virgin demons in hell. mtschew

Respect the dead please!

At op
Its permissible to bury in d premisis of a mosque? I don't tink so fa, that can lead to shrika.,.

[/size]
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Kay17: 11:38am On Feb 26, 2012
This is another piece of bad journalism. . .
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by ojubi(m): 11:39am On Feb 26, 2012
I am grateful this is coming from muslims.
If this blatant lie was coming from christians, hell would have let loose in nairaland today.
Islamic lies/fibrication.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by danielonyisi(m): 11:50am On Feb 26, 2012
WE ARE NOT FOOLS AND THEREFORE YOU PEOPLE CANNOT DECIEVE US.LIES CANT MAKE US BELIEVE ON TERRORISTS.BOKO HARAM CLAIMED TO BE MUSLIM AND ARE PERFOMING THE DUTY OF ISLAM.
The man they said is fresh after 10 years; i believe he is already roasting in hell fire. I REGRET HAVING MUSLIMS AS MY FELLOW NIGERIA.I WISH NIGERIA IS CONTAINED ONLY WITH CHRISTAINS,SO THAT THERE WOULD BE PEACE.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 26, 2012
I can understand why christians are getting agitated over this news because they know that if it is true, it shows that islam is the true way to God. This kind of miracles have been happening with pious muslims over the the centuries, I once read of a similar thing about a muslim who died in Ede and his body was exhumed intact after several years. The news was carried by The Punch Newspaper of 26/9/2009.  anybody can verify it.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by karpentar: 11:53am On Feb 26, 2012
This is a bloody lie and not possible scientifically. It is therefore a trash story only meant for satisfaction of religious fanatics. Enjoy your fantasies.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by chuqudy(m): 11:58am On Feb 26, 2012
abubello:

I can understand why christians are getting agitated over this news because they know that if it is true, it shows that islam is the true way to God. This kind of miracles have been happening with pious muslims over the the centuries, I once read of a similar thing about a muslim who died in Ede and his body was exhumed intact after several years. The news was carried by The Punch Newspaper of 26/9/2009. anybody can verify it.

Then prove it with pictures.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Dyt(f): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2012
Allahu Akbar
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by ifihearam: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2012
This na lies from the pit of hell,so amongst the numerous people including the son,nobody snapped photos abi?idiots
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by karpentar: 12:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
I can understand why christians are getting agitated over this news because they know that if it is true, it shows that islam is the true way to God. This kind of miracles have been happening with pious muslims over the the centuries, I once read of a similar thing about a muslim who died in Ede and his body was exhumed intact after several years. The news was carried by The Punch Newspaper of 26/9/2009.  anybody can verify it.

Let's for argument sake assume that this trash story is correct. How does it in anyway show that "Islam is the true way to God"? The man is still dead for heaven's sake. Should I then in corollary suppose that millions of other dead muslims whose bodies decomposed are kind of fake muslims and are perhaps roasting in hell? Most times, religion, especially in Africa, makes people reason from their a.r.ses?
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by bakila: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
Though the story seems inspiring in Islam there is no saint by miracle. The Almighty Allah is capable of DOING AS HE WISHES.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by IykeD(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
Nonsense! Such lies can only come out of Nigeria and that makes us unique!
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
chuqudy:

Then prove it with pictures.

I don't need to prove anything i work neither for vanguard nor punch who brought the two stories . Come to think of it if the story is  false do is it so difficult to post the picture of a fresh corpse (any fresh corpse would do) to make the story beleivable.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by Boller: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
I don't know we still have some fools among us. These are the people Quran 2 Verses 6 -7 is talking about. 6) Verily, those who disblieve, it is the same to them whenther you (Mohammed SAW) warn them or don not warn them, they will not believe. 7) Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment. May Allah open your eyes, hear, heart and saves you from hell fire.
Re: 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh by bibelo: 12:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
Please lets be mindful of wat we say on dis forum.when obj ordered d burning down of odi was he a muslim?did ur grandfather or pastor ever show d picture of jesus resurrecting on easter monday after his crucifixion?did jesus sign any autograph at galilee wen we appeared to d disciples and d pope has a copy of it?yet u believe d writting,so i can as well say u believe in a fraud.before u castigate any religion do a comprehensive research and av a basis for wat you say.atleast we see pastors dat own fleet of private jets but jesus they claim to follow neva owned a bicycle spoke.d donkey he rode on palmsunday was neva his.u av a right to believe wateva u want but dont speak ill of nothing u lack d undastanding of.peace be on to you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies / Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism / Muslims Protecting A Catholic Church In Egypt During Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.