Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

What Is Your View, Question Or Solution - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your View, Question Or Solution (1642 Views)

Married Men And Women,and matured minds,i Kindly Need Your View On This. / Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by myb4eva: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2012
She is 40 but looking 25, educated, in business, beautiful, humble in character, God-fearing, virtuous and friendly, but husband has no affection even in rainy season, hammattan, valentine oh, even when she is nude b4 him. Though husband talks good of her outside but never shows love. He is happy to share her pocket even when he has. She discovers the infatuation and recently resolved and informed oga that henceforth everyone should manage his/her pocket and both of them not forgetting to cater for the home when the need comes. Has two daughters but can vividly remember when the play that brought those children forth took place. The inlaws are wonderful but she is tired of complaining because he doesn't even listen to anyone. Womanising in business name is his hobby. what can she do please, your sincere advice pls.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by modavi: 12:52am On Feb 26, 2012
nothing but continue being the best woman she can be with patience and prayers. hmm, it is well ooh! cry
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 1:02am On Feb 26, 2012
Wow! Woman i have no advice I have just been trying to manage my own situation, with my husband who is a serial cheat and womanizer. I really feel sorry for you because i truely know how it feels, to not make love for a long stretch of time, to want love and affection, even a kiss anything, but with this type pf man such a simple act becomes a dream. Living in the house with a cold detached man that only thinks about having fun with his girlfriends, is a daily heartbreak. In fact a contemplated getting a boyfriend of my own, but decided that two wrongs dont make a right. So i have just decided to manage him the best I can for the time being. For my relationship I am not sure what tommorrow brings, but i am taking it day by day.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by moremi2008(m): 2:36am On Feb 26, 2012
She should be thankful that she isn't getting beat-up because that seems to be the trend hese days on NL. There's nothing she can do but to continue building her own life and the life of her kids. If she wants more children, then she should just ask the man. "Not Enough Sex" is not an excuse to go seeking a divorce oh. At least not in that jungle we call Nigeria.

If she really wants sex, then she needs to be a bit more vocal about her needs and desires. She should lock the bedroom door and refuse to open it unless he gives it to her. Doesn't look like she has much choice at this point but to demand it and see what happens.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2012
agiboma:

Wow! Woman i have no advice I have just been trying to manage my own situation, with my husband who is a serial cheat and womanizer. I really feel sorry for you because i truely know how it feels, to not make love for a long stretch of time, to want love and affection, even a kiss anything, but with this type pf man such a simple act becomes a dream. Living in the house with a cold detached man that only thinks about having fun with his girlfriends, is a daily heartbreak. In fact a contemplated getting a boyfriend of my own, but decided that two wrongs dont make a right. So i have just decided to manage him the best I can for the time being. For my relationship I am not sure what tommorrow brings, but i am taking it day by day.

@agy,
How could you even think of taking a boyfriend?
As I once told you you need to work harder on your marriage.
Communicate more with him.
Marriage is an everyday battle and only the strong succeeds.
Do you think it is this boy friend that will love and respect you more than your husband?You will only end up as a plaything and find yourself more miserable.
PEACE!!!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 26, 2012
myb4eva:

She is 40 but looking 25, educated, in business, beautiful, humble in character, God-fearing, virtuous and friendly, but husband has no affection even in rainy season, hammattan, valentine oh, even when she is Unclad b4 him. Though husband talks good of her outside but never shows love. He is happy to share her pocket even when he has. She discovers the infatuation and recently resolved and informed oga that henceforth everyone should manage his/her pocket and both of them not forgetting to cater for the home when the need comes. Has two daughters but can vividly remember when the play that brought those children forth took place. The inlaws are wonderful but she is tired of complaining because he doesn't even listen to anyone. Womanising in business name is his hobby. what can she do please, your sincere advice pls.

[b]@OP,
I find your first line contradictory,because I do not see why you can not use all these virtues to conquer your home front,
Is this how you see yourself or how people have described you?At times the way we see ourselves is not the same way outsiders see us.
I do not claim to have all the answers but I will advise you to work harder at substaining your marriage and less time on eulogising your self.
Marriage is a constant battle especially in Nigeria and you need to keep working on it.
You say you are humble,then you are half way there because humility is the key that opens a mans heart.
Another way is to communicate with your hubby and to make sure the lines of communication are never closed.
Submission is also very important because a ship with two captains is surely going to sink.
He is your husband and certainly there is something he saw in you and you saw in him to get married.
REKINDLE your love before it is too late.
I am talking from experience.Divorce is never the answer especially with the two lovely girls between the two of you.
Work to keep your marriage and your man-a word is enough for the wise!
PEACE!!!
[/b]
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by moremi2008(m): 8:00am On Feb 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

[b]@OP,
I find your first line contradictory,because I do not see why you can not use all these virtues to conquer your home front,
Is this how you see yourself or how people have described you?At times the way we see ourselves is not the same way outsiders see us.
I do not claim to have all the answers but I will advise you to work harder at substaining your marriage and less time on eulogising your self.
Marriage is a constant battle especially in Nigeria and you need to keep working on it.
You say you are humble,then you are half way there because humility is the key that opens a mans heart.
Another way is to communicate with your hubby and to make sure the lines of communication are never closed.
Submission is also very important because a ship with two captains is surely going to sink.
He is your husband and certainly there is something he saw in you and you saw in him to get married.
I am talking from experience.Divorce is never the answer especially with the two lovely girls between the two of you.
PEACE!!!
[/b]

You are a dunce! So if a woman's husband is an unaffectionate ho, the woman is at fault? If the man decides to go sleeping around outside the family home, then the woman isn't working hard enough to "conquer" the "homefront"? You have nothing to contribute but foolishness. Men like you should have their tongues cut out and lips sealed - permanently.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

You are a dunce! So if a woman's husband is an unaffectionate ho, the woman is at fault? If the man decides to go sleeping around outside the family home, then the woman isn't working hard enough to "conquer" the "homefront"? You have nothing to contribute but foolishness. Men like you should have their tongues cut out and lips sealed - permanently.

Thank you, was still looking for a way to put it, but u did it perfectly well . kiss

@op and agiboma : is there a prize I am not aware of for staying married no matter what? Or is your self esteem so low that you believe it's the best you can get in life ? Wake up girls, if what you wrote here is true (womanizing husband with a wife doing her best to be good at everything) then you'd better find yourself another option than being married for the sake of being married. Try and talk honestly with your hubby, put everything on the table, if he's not willing to work with you towards a better situation, then, sorry to say but you're already separated. Good luck.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 11:51am On Feb 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

@agy,
How could you even think of taking a boyfriend?
As I once told you you need to work harder on your marriage.
Communicate more with him.
Marriage is an everyday battle and only the strong succeeds.
Do you think it is this boy friend that will love and respect you more than your husband?You will only end up as a plaything and find yourself more miserable.
PEACE!!!

I was just expressing a thought i had, i'm still trying daily Rich, some days are harder than others, but i do respect the advice you give.
Miss_Ife:

Thank you, was still looking for a way to put it, but u did it perfectly well . kiss

@op and agiboma : is there a prize I am not aware of for staying married no matter what? Or is your self esteem so low that you believe it's the best you can get in life ? Wake up girls, if what you wrote here is true (womanizing husband with a wife doing her best to be good at everything) then you'd better find yourself another option than being married for the sake of being married. Try and talk honestly with your hubby, put everything on the table, if he's not willing to work with you towards a better situation, then, sorry to say but you're already separated. Good luck.

Madame i am not interested @ this time to break up my family and leave my son fatherless.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
agiboma:

Madame i am not interested @ this time to break up my family and leave my son fatherless.

Your husband will always be your son's father, no matter if he is your ex or not. It depends on him to maintain a strong and healthy relationship with his son, and to take responsibility for his son's financial/material upkeep. Many divorced fathers do that wonderfully. If yours won't, then I can't help but think he might already not be doing much as a father.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

[b]@OP,
PEACE!!!
[/b]

moremi2008:

Look kid,
I do not want to exchange words with you.
You are entitled to your opinion without exchanging insults.I assure you you do not want to go there with me.
I have been observing your posts for some time now,but must you rain insults to get your point across?
I think I am entitled to my own opinion and besides I was not talking to you.
Learn to be civil.Abusive argument does not mean a superior argument.
Please learn to ignore me as I have learnt to ignore you.
PEACE!!!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
Miss_Ife:

Your husband will always be your son's father, no matter if he is your ex or not. It depends on him to maintain a strong and healthy relationship with his son, and to take responsibility for his son's financial/material upkeep. Many divorced fathers do that wonderfully. If yours won't, then I can't help but think he might already not be doing much as a father.

I am very vocal to illustrate my husbands shortcomings, but he is a great father fyi, my son loves him and adores him. He plays with our little boy, provides and buys everything for him, he cooks, cleans and even goes to the market his only downfall is that he is a womanizer, that is it.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by modavi: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
agiboma:

, but he is a great father fyi, my son loves him and adores him. He plays with our little boy, provides and buys everything for him, he cooks, cleans and even goes to the market his only downfall is that he is a womanizer, that is it, cry cry cry cry cry cry angry hmm, take heart!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2012
agiboma:

I am very vocal to illustrate my husbands shortcomings, but he is a great father fyi, my son loves him and adores him. He plays with our little boy, provides and buys everything for him, he cooks, cleans and even goes to the market his only downfall is that he is a womanizer, that is it.

I can only believe what you write here, and I don't mean to be rude or judgmental with you/your husband/marriage. At the end of the day, you go back to your life and I go back to mine. It's just that, it really makes me feel bad to read posts like yours, when you say HE is a womanizer and YOU are making more and more efforts to make him come back to his senses. Like he's not the one breaking his vows.

You know, I had a "boyfriend" once, who was a really great guy, always there when I needed him, very attentive and blablabla. I knew he had lots of girlfriends and I never really bothered since I considered him just a good friend. It's only after a year that I discovered he was married with kids. I was so shocked I refused to see him ever again. Now that I am married with kids myself, I often think of his behavior and of his wife. I wonder, does he play gentleman outside and then goes back home and is a great father? Or is he the kind of guy who makes her feel she is not enough to make him happy? The same man who was showing no remorse going from one gf to another, he goes back home, cooks, cleans, plays with his kid,  and his WIFE might be struggling, and praying to be "better" to "win him back"? His wife might be the only one really caring about him, but still, he spends his time on one night stands with different girls who don't give a sh*** ? And he's a good man?

I just find it so disgusting and degrading, as a woman,  A one time "mistake" can be hard to forgive, but a womanizer? That tells a lot about the guy's character,  And I can't believe any woman deserves a man like that.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by moremi2008(m): 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
Richvkunt:

Look kid,
I do not want to exchange words with you.
You are entitled to your opinion without exchanging insults.I assure you you do not want to go there with me.
I have been observing your posts for some time now,but must you rain insults to get your point across?
I think I am entitled to my own opinion and besides I was not talking to you.
Learn to be civil.Abusive argument does not mean a superior argument.
Please learn to ignore me as I have learnt to ignore you.
PEACE!!!

Old man, you shall be insulted when you come on here spouting undiluted foolishness. I reserve the express right to condemn foolish opinions as I see fit. Next time, please think before you open your mouth.  Thank you sir! grin

Miss_Ife:

I can only believe what you write here, and I don't mean to be rude or judgmental with you/your husband/marriage. At the end of the day, you go back to your life and I go back to mine. It's just that, it really makes me feel bad to read posts like yours, when you say HE is a womanizer and YOU are making more and more efforts to make him come back to his senses. Like he's not the one breaking his vows.

You know, I had a "boyfriend" once, who was a really great guy, always there when I needed him, very attentive and blablabla. I knew he had lots of girlfriends and I never really bothered since I considered him just a good friend. It's only after a year that I discovered he was married with kids. I was so shocked I refused to see him ever again. Now that I am married with kids myself, I often think of his behavior and of his wife. I wonder, does he play gentleman outside and then goes back home and is a great father? Or is he the kind of guy who makes her feel she is not enough to make him happy? The same man who was showing no remorse going from one gf to another, he goes back home, cooks, cleans, plays with his kid,  and his WIFE might be struggling, and praying to be "better" to "win him back"? His wife might be the only one really caring about him, but still, he spends his time on one night stands with different girls who don't give a sh*** ? And he's a good man?

I just find it so disgusting and degrading, as a woman,  A one time "mistake" can be hard to forgive, but a womanizer? That tells a lot about the guy's character,  And I can't believe any woman deserves a man like that.

Miss Ife, I am a great fan of the Ife people as you can see. However, I have to disabuse you of the notion that men have always been and should always be faithful. Monogamy in most African cultures is a fairly recent development. Our forefathers had happy marriages even when the man of the house had a wandering penis. I am not saying that men should cheat. I am just trying to present an alternate reality where a marriage can be successful with a chronically cheating husband. I have seen Aunty JenKa tear Aigboma apart on these boards and I think it's unfair. She is the one living in the marriage and she isn't the first woman to stay married to man that can't control his mamba snake.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

Old man, you shall be insulted when you come on here spouting undiluted foolishness. I reserve the express right to condemn foolish opinions as I see fit. Next time, please think before you open your mouth.  Thank you sir! grin

Okay kid,
I  warned you.Do you think because this is an anonymous forum you can come here and run roughshod over your elders and betters?
I know you were proberbly maltreated as a kid and it has affected your reasoning.
Since you joined this forum,you have shown through your uncouth and manner less posts that you lack home training.
Talk is cheap and it is easy to insult faceless people,but I assure you that if I meet you in real life you would never dare say all the things you say while hiding behind your computer.
I know your type-Keyboard cowboys-spewing tras.h,because you feel you are safe behind your laptop.
It is on,you fecking piece of shyte
!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 1:09am On Feb 27, 2012
Miss_Ife:

I totally agree with you, we dont deserve it but sometimes thats just the way it goes.

moremi2008:

I am not saying that men should cheat. I am just trying to present an alternate reality where a marriage can be successful with a chronically cheating husband. I have seen Aunty JenKa tear Aigboma apart on these boards and I think it's unfair. She is the one living in the marriage and she isn't the first woman to stay married to man that can't control his mamba snake.

I am not the first and I wont be the last, its just that I am the most vocal for all you know some of these frequent nl posters who claim to have the perfect marriage for all we know got a hubby like mine and they on here fronting and lieing to themselves.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Genius100: 2:19am On Feb 27, 2012
agiboma:

I totally agree with you, we dont deserve it but sometimes thats just the way it goes.

I am not the first and I wont be the last, its just that I am the most vocal for all you know some of these frequent nl posters who claim to have the perfect marriage for all we know got a hubby like mine and they on here fronting and lieing to themselves.

With all due respect, there is something you are not telling us. If your man is not touching you, it's not just because he is a womanizer. You are probably nagging him at home or not giving him peace. No man with options will want to have sex with a perpetual nag. Or perhaps, you put on a lot of weight and do not take care of yourself as much as you need to. All I am saying is that, I'm sure there is more to the story,
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 7:37am On Feb 27, 2012
agiboma:

I get you, I'm just dazzled at the fact that you accept it and let other people that you don't know in real life coming here and telling you it's your fault, you should do this and that or you must have done this and that, Remember, that you still have a choice, nobody forces you to stay married to that man. Don't put your life at risk, ok?
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 11:17am On Feb 27, 2012
Genius100:

With all due respect, there is something you are not telling us. If your man is not touching you, it's not just because he is a womanizer. You are probably nagging him at home or not giving him peace. No man with options will want to Be Intimate with a perpetual nag. Or perhaps, you put on a lot of weight and do not take care of yourself as much as you need to. All I am saying is that, I'm sure there is more to the story,

I had a baby then lost the weight, I dont nag anymore it gets me nowhere, anyways he just likes women he never been faithful to anyone and that's just his charecter.

Miss_Ife:

I get you, I'm just dazzled at the fact that you accept it and let other people that you don't know in real life coming here and telling you it's your fault, you should do this and that or you must have done this and that,  Remember, that you still have a choice, nobody forces you to stay married to that man. Don't put your life at risk, ok?

yes. I agree with you on that, as far as i know he uses protection with them.

btw where is OP
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 11:30am On Feb 27, 2012
moremi2008:

Miss Ife, I am a great fan of the Ife people as you can see. However, I have to disabuse you of the notion that men have always been and should always be faithful. Monogamy in most African cultures is a fairly recent development. Our forefathers had happy marriages even when the man of the house had a wandering joystick. I am not saying that men should cheat. I am just trying to present an alternate reality where a marriage can be successful with a chronically cheating husband. I have seen Aunty JenKa tear Aigboma apart on these boards and I think it's unfair. She is the one living in the marriage and she isn't the first woman to stay married to man that can't control his mamba snake.

The only successful marriage I can imagine with a womanizer would be one having these two things :
- the lady was aware of it before getting married and was/is genuinely cool with it (they even set their own rules concerning discretion, STD etc.)
- the lady has the right too to have as many boyfriends as she likes

I've known very few couples who lasted and were truly in love with each other with that kind of setting. Actually just one. But Agiboma's situation doesn't seem fair. It doesn't sound successful to me when the woman (or the man if it was the case) got married to someone she loved and trusted to be faithful and then suddenly has to deal with an army of girlfriends, with all the consequences.
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by moremi2008(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2012
Miss_Ife:

The only successful marriage I can imagine with a womanizer would be one having these two things :
- the lady was aware of it before getting married and was/is genuinely cool with it (they even set their own rules concerning discretion, STD etc.)
- the lady has the right too to have as many boyfriends as she likes

I've known very few couples who lasted and were truly in love with each other with that kind of setting. Actually just one. But Agiboma's situation doesn't seem fair. It doesn't sound successful to me when the woman (or the man if it was the case) got married to someone she loved and trusted to be faithful and then suddenly has to deal with an army of girlfriends, with all the consequences.

I wouldn't say that I disagree with you on most points. But we aren't the ones in the marriage and we don't know any of Agiboma's history or shortcomings. If it makes sense for her to stay in the marriage, then good for her. I am not a big fan of coming between a married couple unless there is violence involved.

ps - Agiboma, you had better go stock up on condoms! You don't want to pay the price for somebody else's enjoyment oh! Some STDs stay with you for the rest of your life. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 11:42am On Feb 27, 2012
@ Ify i totally agree with you trust me, but i have not had the courage to take the step to completly open up our marriage, i'm still trying to see how we can work it out

@morimee i have told him my concerns about std's i think he understands that well
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 11:42am On Feb 27, 2012
Agreed, as I said, at the end of the day we all go back to our own lives. To each their own.

@agiboma : be strong, and good luck
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2012
agiboma:

Very TRUE!
Stay strong agy and ignore most of these frustrated women,I distinctly remember this miss ife talking about how she has learned to be submissive to her husband and how it has improved her marriage sometime last year.
Listen to them at your own peril.

Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by MissIfe(f): 11:56am On Feb 27, 2012
Richvkunt:

Very TRUE!
Stay strong agy and ignore most of these frustrated women,I distinctly remember this miss ife talking about how she has learned to be submissive to her husband and how it has improved her marriage sometime last year.
Listen to them at your own peril.

I did, but pls, the context is not the same. I learnt to keep my stubborn mouth shut when necessary because my husband is caring, wants the best for me and always takes my input into consideration, plus[i] i don't think he ever cheated on me[/i]. Trust me, if the guy was to accumulate girlfriends I would forget everything about submissiveness sharp sharp  wink
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2012
@agy,

There is your answer.
You are the one in the marriage,you know where the shoe pinches you.
If you leave your marriage,these same internet Nigerians will be the ones to poke jest at you.
I know you are learning now you are getting stronger each day!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
Richvkunt:

@agy,

There is your answer.
You are the one in the marriage,you know where the shoe pinches you.
If you leave your marriage,these same internet Nigerians will be the ones to poke jest at you.
I know you are learning now you are getting stronger each day!

Yes. I am getting stronger daily, thank g-d, and im not going anywhere and have no intentions of leaving my marriage smiley
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
GOOD! That's the spirit!
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by tessybaby(f): 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
@ Agiboma

having a womanizer of a husband should be hell
i can only imagine what you are going thru.
what ever decision you take (staying or leaving)
would be the best coz only you can feel the pain
but there one question i would like to ask you

"does your husband intentionally make you know he
is cheating on you, does he try to hide it and even
deny when caught red-handed?"
Re: What Is Your View, Question Or Solution by agiboma(f): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
tessybaby:

@ Agiboma

having a womanizer of a husband should be hell
i can only imagine what you are going thru.
what ever decision you take (staying or leaving)
would be the best coz only you can feel the pain
but there one question i would like to ask you

"does your husband intentionally make you know he
is cheating on you, does he try to hide it and even
deny when caught red-handed?"

Ohh no he goes to great length to hide it from me but i am so Nosey by nature I always dig and find out, like his phone use to be my greatest source of knowledge but now he erases all the text messages and even his call log he erase.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bedroom Session SOS Call!!! / Mayhem On Third Mainland Bridge / Did This Father Do The Right Thing? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.