Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) (8780 Views)

Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo / Who Would You Suggest To Be The EFCC Boss Under Buhari? See My Suggestion / Who Is Seun (Nairaland Owner) Supporting: GMB Or GEJ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by ojdollars(m): 3:22am On Feb 26, 2012
Dear Mr.Seun,

Good morning and a very happy Sunday to you. I don't know hot to put this thoughts and suggestions of mine into words, but I would try to put it down as it is in my mind. To be honest with you Sir, I have been to Many Forums, and I tell you, the nairaland forum graphics of now is far better to any other forum I have ever seen around. Please do not be carried away by any suggestion of anybody to change the graphics and background of this our belove Nairaland Graphics and Background. It is what other forum owners envied and wished they had first. Like I have seen the new suggested background and graphics posted up there, can't be compared to this graphics. Please leave your nairaland the way it is. Do not change it, you can change the way you place advert, but don't change this nairaland graphics for your own good and for the enjoyment of every user on NL. I personally love Nairaland this way, till many years to come. Just a suggestion, not saying you should take it, but think very well so your site does not loose much traffic with such great displeasure in the new graphics. This is everyone's home, intlly and locally. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
No need for any Beta or theta. Just use the Available Smf Mods and you are good to go.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by ojdollars(m): 12:02am On Feb 27, 2012
Mr.Seun Osewa, a word is enough for the wise. Please act wisely. Everyone has spoken and advised you, don't play with your opportunity while it last. Goodluck
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by aljharem(m): 2:32am On Feb 27, 2012
ojdollars:

Dear Mr.Seun,

Good morning and a very happy Sunday to you. I don't know hot to put this thoughts and suggestions of mine into words, but I would try to put it down as it is in my mind. To be honest with you Sir, I have been to Many Forums, and I tell you, the nairaland forum graphics of now is far better to any other forum I have ever seen around. Please do not be carried away by any suggestion of anybody to change the graphics and background of this our belove Nairaland Graphics and Background. It is what other forum owners envied and wished they had first. Like I have seen the new suggested background and graphics posted up there, can't be compared to this graphics. Please leave your nairaland the way it is. Do not change it, you can change the way you place advert, but don't change this nairaland graphics for your own good and for the enjoyment of every user on NL. I personally love Nairaland this way, till many years to come. Just a suggestion, not saying you should take it, but think very well so your site does not loose much traffic with such great displeasure in the new graphics. This is everyone's home, intlly and locally. Thank you sir.

Gbammmmmm

I hope Seun listens

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by obowunmi(m): 2:33am On Feb 27, 2012
Facebook changes all the time and people don't leave,  in fact, its the fastest growing social space.

People typically don't like change.  angry angry angry angry
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by obowunmi(m): 2:34am On Feb 27, 2012
Follow your heart and do what you think is best.

Regards.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by inspiredm(m): 2:42am On Feb 27, 2012
ojdollars:

Dear Mr.Seun,

I AGREE WITH THE OP

A Few Tweaks Can be Applied But Generally the Current Layout and Design is OK as it is.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 27, 2012
absolutely concur.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Delta007(m): 2:49am On Feb 27, 2012
Suggestion to Seun: Time to sell the site/domain and move on to your next project. The days of holding onto your "baby" in the businessworld is over. Take this free piece of advice from someone that means well for you. Goodluck!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by ogzille(m): 2:55am On Feb 27, 2012
Change is good, but changing to something worse is bad
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 27, 2012
greateros:

i concur your suggestion.

the GUI(graphic user interface) of Nairaland is the bomb! It is actually what makes Nairaland stand out from the rest.  You change it, you will become like others! All u need to do is add other apps like chat applets and make the site more wap compliant!

The new design is a looser! pls leave your site the way it is.

Its still your decision to make. Ciao!

That's the key point. Change should be for the better . The new design is a clear loser.

However, you may get away with it as there is no serious competition or challenge.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by IGotIssues: 3:02am On Feb 27, 2012
Goodluck!

Good Luck is two words gaddam it!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by darne(m): 3:07am On Feb 27, 2012
Brb ! wink
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by naijaking1: 3:11am On Feb 27, 2012
To be alive is to be able to change. The World changes, and it doesn't matter whether we Nigerians like it or not. Change is inevitable.
@Poster, you sound just like my grand father who cried his eyes out when my dad decided it was time to upgrade from peugot 404 to 504. Grandpa 'prophesied' so much doom with changing to 504 that you would have thought he had company shares in the section of the company that made 404 only.
On a more serious and scientific note, we're mentally lazy beings who would always prefer the usual worn path, but the reality is that new ideas give us more opportunities.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by obowunmi(m): 3:20am On Feb 27, 2012
naijaking1:

To be alive is to be able to change. The World changes, and it doesn't matter whether we Nigerians like it or not. Change is inevitable.
@Poster, you sound just like my grand father who cried his eyes out when my dad decided it was time to upgrade from peugot 404 to 504. Grandpa 'prophesied' so much doom with changing to 504 that you would have thought he had company shares in the section of the company that made 404 only.
On a more serious and scientific note, we're mentally lazy beings who would always prefer the usual worn path, but the reality is that new ideas give us more opportunities.

***falls down and dies**** tooooo funnny, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by smile4kenn(m): 3:28am On Feb 27, 2012
The only thing I can say is that you should allow user's avatar or photo to show up under their username whenever they post.

It will make each pages look more attractive.

Remember's user's photo or avatar can say a lot about the user itself.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by seedord247(m): 3:38am On Feb 27, 2012
smile4kenn:

The only thing I can say is that you should allow user's avatar or photo to show up under their username whenever they post.

Seconded . . I concur with this.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Degis(m): 3:59am On Feb 27, 2012
I will give the advice people give to those who are about to put there worst foot forward, DON'T
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by sucre05: 3:59am On Feb 27, 2012
In this age of online media, you have to keep changing/updating in order to maintain relevance.

Do you think facebook keeps updating because they are bored; whether you like their new look or not, they have to remain on top of their game so that they can keep you- the user, and also give companies better advertising opportunities.

Remember, when its monotonous, it becomes boring and outdated. My advice - Change!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Acidosis(m): 4:03am On Feb 27, 2012
you can change anything but please don't change the COLOUR, every great site has a unique colour (I don't want to use the word graphic). Imagine a yellow colour facebook page.
Like I said, you have decision to remove or add anything, an example is new smileys.
On the new site, you ommitted the number of posts forgetting that alot of users here are attracted to this idea of Acidosis
so they try as much as possible to keep posting. Most of the visitors even joined because of this, they can't deny!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 4:09am On Feb 27, 2012
MR SEUN, when I first stumbled in Nairaland land 2007 or so during a research, it looked so awful because everything was like in black and white that I quickly left for another site.

I however came back last year - what brought me back? I guess I was so bored that I have no option than to sit, read news and coMments. Good enough, the comments here from members kept me going.

My suggestion would be, you should GRADUALLY apply little changes. Don't just leave it as black and white! Gradually apply these changes, that's the way to get things done. Like someone talking about old 404 and 504. Change has come to stay. If computer no come out na type writer we still go dey use.

Just remember, no hurry in life - just apply the changes small small, all those our nairaland papas and mamas will get use to it in less time.

Cheers
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by abustinozic: 4:28am On Feb 27, 2012
I love nairaland the way it is (my opinion)
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by LloydAchi(m): 4:35am On Feb 27, 2012
Vikin:

MR SEUN, when I first stumbled in Nairaland land 2007 or so during a research, it looked so awful because everything was like in black and white that I quickly left for another site.

I however came back last year - what brought me back? I guess I was so bored that I have no option than to sit, read news and coMments. Good enough, the comments here from members kept me going.

My suggestion would be, you should GRADUALLY apply little changes. Don't just leave it as black and white! Gradually apply these changes, that's the way to get things done. Like someone talking about old 404 and 504. Change has come to stay. If computer no come out na type writer we still go dey use.

Just remember, no hurry in life - just apply the changes small small, all those our nairaland papas and mamas will get use to it in less time.

Cheers

***Still laughing***

But seriously - just a tweak here and there will do. That's the change and not the whole package.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by caseymoney(m): 4:47am On Feb 27, 2012
The new design is crap!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by ismaelante: 5:04am On Feb 27, 2012
leave it as it is o,
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Odunnu: 5:08am On Feb 27, 2012
smile4kenn:

Dont even push this suggestion! Avatar go up ko, ratava come down ni?
I dont like the new NL one bit.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by akinnux(m): 5:08am On Feb 27, 2012
People are always afraid of changes yet it is the only permanent thing in life. I am usually not patient with such conservative and traditional folks. The fact is there is always room for improvement. So I advise Mr. Osewa to effect the needful changes on this site.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Acidosis(m): 5:20am On Feb 27, 2012
Odunnu:

Dont even push this suggestion! Avatar go up ko, ratava come down ni?
I dont like the new NL one bit.
*falls inside a pot of stew*
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by abiodunkaraki: 5:26am On Feb 27, 2012
leave it o abeg!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 27, 2012
Dont change the layout but add some new feature to this,I have been to the beta NL but i am not impressed with the layout and the new color does not represent with the true color of NL and thats part of the trademark.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by enquirydon: 5:34am On Feb 27, 2012
be yourself
consult your maker it will led u 2 right direction

cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion / Fuel Scarcity May Affect Election Logistics — INEC / University On The Niger In Umunya, Anambra State Approved By FEC,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.